Re: kalon #1729 - birthday sweetheart

Postby SilhouetteStation » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:33 am

user;; SilhouetteStation
    name;; Vivienne
    gender;; female

prompt;; (400/400)
    In the gathering dusk, pale beams of golden sunlight were still splicing through the lavender clouds and dappling the spring grass below. There she sat atop the hill, wildflowers woven into her hair, and hands cradling the old guitar nestled in her lap. She gazed out over the town, full of houselights flickering like fireflies in the evening.

"Another year older, huh, Papa?" she said aloud, running her hand idly over the sleek wood of the instrument. Old, yes, but immaculately cared for. Her hands moved on autopilot to the correct positions and she plucked out a few soft, solitary notes. "I still remember when you bought this for me."

Excitement was fizzing in her belly, and she couldn't help but let out a high pitched giggle. Her hands reached up to touch his, big and warm and gentle, which were covering her eyes. "Can I look yet Papa?" she asked, stumbling forward as he guided her into the next room. He let out a low chuckle. "In a moment, my dear. Just a few more steps, and..."

His hands moved away, and she blinked a few times to clear her vision. What she saw made her gasp, and her small feet pattered rapidly across the wooden floor. She flung herself onto the tattered couch, and with trembling hands she reached out to run her fingers over the strings. Happiness rose inside her, bubbling and sparking and joyous, ready to burst out of her chest-

And then a moment of doubt.

She turned to him, eyebrows furrowing together and turning up in a concerned expression. "But Papa...how did you afford it?" At the best of times they were only getting by week by week, buying the basics for food, and mending the clothes that tore. A guitar...that had only ever been a dream.

"I've been saving," he said proudly, coming to sit beside her. "You deserve a treat, and...your Mama always wanted you to learn." She touched the locket hanging around her neck. Then she touched the guitar, and leant up to press a kiss against his scruffy cheek. "I love you, Papa."

"I love you too, my darling. Happy birthday."

Her eyes opened, tears thick on her lashes, bittersweet memories on the tip of her tongue. She reached up to touch the locket, now housing a picture of both her Mama and Papa.

And then she began to play.
Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Sun May 03, 2020 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby waterglow » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:06 am

ends 6 days before my birthday ๐Ÿ‘€
user;; waterglow
name;; Colette Wilson
gender;; Female
prompt;; one art peice + 15 words
res w/ a pressed flower necklace from her best friend's garden
Last edited by waterglow on Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
she/her - adult - Taurus - artist

Hello! I'm waterglow, but you can call me Via.
I'm always open to chat and help with whatever you
need! I am not very good at communicating and I am on
the autism spectrum so please be patient with me as I am
trying my best! If I ever come off as rude please know
that I'm not trying to, It's most likely a tone issue on my end. :)
Sig and Prof pic made by
valkyrie,,

- Storage - Kalons - Boo Dragons
waterglow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:07 am

ohh mark!
Hi there!
You can call me Knick! I'm a runner and casual artist
who loves thinking about stories and never writing them.
Iโ€™m around for various arpgs and species stuff ^^

art fight!
threads for arpgs/species I'm currently active in:
kalons--salted stone--knollclan--sound asheep--haven
other cs charactersโ„ข

she/her -- student -- est
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jasps » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:07 am

user;;
name;;
gender;;
prompt;; one art peice + 15 words, or 400 words
May birthdays ftw, big mark

โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
hrnn im medicated now but that
doesn't change that
cs's pm system is absolute garbage
please message me on discord if its important thank u
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
โ ะกะปะฐะฒะฐ ะฃะบั€ะฐั—ะฝั– | BLM
DJ/general nuisance
he/him
adult lol
discord @ jasper#4992

โž
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
art cred <3
jasps

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chaotic_Affection » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:46 pm

User: Chaotic_Affection
    Name: Melanie. [mel - an - e]
    Prompt:
      What is their favorite birthday gift they've ever received โ€“ [396/400 words]

When Melanie extremely youngโ€“ not even a year old yet, her parents had come to the decision that they werenโ€™t ready for children... and they gave Mel to an orphanage. Now, it was a wonderful orphanage where Melanie has resided for the first long years of her life, she quite enjoyed it thereโ€“ it was all sheโ€™s ever known after all. Due to Melanieโ€™s naturally sweet and gentle nature there wasnโ€™t very many who didnโ€™t like her. She grew to call the others that she lived alongside in the orphanage her brothers and sisters, she couldnโ€™t even imagine leaving the orphanage. Every time a couple asked to visit Mel, she always resisted, claiming that she couldnโ€™t bare leaving her siblings behind. Melanie decided that she wouldnโ€™t ever leave the orphanage.
      However, the young kalon continued to get olderโ€“ she was now a pre-teen in middle school. Melanieโ€™s opinion slowly changed as she imagined living in a home with two adoring parents where sheโ€™d have the full attention. Living with as many siblings as she had was hard, especially as she got older and more independent. One day a lovely couple asked to meet her, and for the first timeโ€“ Melanie finally agreed. She was wary and even a little shy to meet the two. But the three of them sat and talked with each other until dark. Watching them leave that night was giving her the feeling that leaving her siblings used to give her.
      Melanie was chatting with the other orphans when the older lady, the lady who raised them all, called for her, this wasnโ€™t anything new. She assumed that perhaps she had to help out with something. Melanie sighed as she walked up, though when the lady let her into her office, she broke out into tears at the mere sentence that came out of the older womanโ€™s mouth. โ€œMeet you parentsโ€. It was the same couple from two nights before, Melanie cupped her hands over her mouth as she cried tears of joy. Mel hugged her new parents in a tight embrace, now it seemed each of them were sobbing now.
      She would never forget that day, her thirteenth birthday, when she finally found her parents. Now at the age of a young adult, she sits in the living room of her parents celebrating her birthday. This was all she ever wanted.
Last edited by Chaotic_Affection on Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chaotic_Affection

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trans » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:51 pm

user;; trans โ™ก name;; talulah โ™ก gender;; โ™€
prompt;; you thumb over the scrapbook with a gentle hand, careful not to snag the faded edges of colored notecards with multi-colored chicken scratch on them, nor the delicate, shiny sleeves of taped on photographs from years past. the name lulu is glued on, spelled out in an assortment of colorfully patterned construction paper and glitter and stickers, in what resembles an explosion of childhood imagination and sparkles.

you recieved it for your fifth birthday, before you could cleanly write your name in print and didnt know cursive or calligraphy existed yet. your aunt had got it for you, because she knew, even when you were young, you were always thinking about time; how much you had left until something happened, how much there was in a day, or a week, how much time there is to appreciate the people you love before they're gone. she always said you were too caught up in your head, for someone so young, and that maybe a scrapbook would help to ease the weight of time on your shoulders.

at first, you didnt like it, didnt appreciate the gesture for what it was. as time went on though, you found yourself needing more and more of it, you never seemed to have enough, always wanting to do more things, meet more new people, spend more time with others...

you grew bigger, but your time with time grew smaller. with the scrapbook, though... you found you didnt have more time, but instead, more time to appreciate what you couldnt before... the memories you would pass over in a blur, too worried about not having enough time that you wouldnt have enough time to appreciate them because you were worrying.

and that, you think, was her greatest gift to you, the greatest gift anyone's ever given you. not more time, but teaching you how to appreciate the time you did have.
Last edited by trans on Mon May 11, 2020 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
they/them, adult, pms are ok!
just here for pets, oekaki, and
closed species, occasionally. โ™ก
xxx'''๊’ฐ my kalon storage ๊’ฑ
trans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby honeycombb » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:52 pm

user;; Asha' Arts
name;; Candice
gender;; Female
prompt;; Once upon a time, Candice was late to her friend's birthday party. she was panicking, of course, because this was also her birthday party, and because of a small detail that made up the entire reason people had these things. the presents. she had forgotten to bring a present to her birthday twin's birthday party. her hair flew past her face, and the candles in her tail almost lost their fire, but nonetheless, she kept running, rushing to get to the last store open before it closed. she hated to be that kal, but she rushed in any way and huffed out a "you aren't closed yet, right?" the employee looked up at her with pleading, tired eyes, and said "I'm sorry," they waited until the clock struck 8:00 before saying "we just closed..." Candice looked down with a sigh, biting back tears, but she saw the workers guilty expression and forced a smile on. "it's fine" the kal silently thanked her with their eyes on the way out, and Candice started heading towards the midnight pool, where she and her best friend were having their birthday party. This pool only stayed open at night. She rounded the next corner, beginning to hear the splashes and laughter coming from the party. she put on a small smile and told herself that they would be fine with it, she could go get the gift tomorrow. her guilt bubbled up again, and she shoved it down, padding a little faster to the gate, showing the security guy her badge and heading in. He took a few glances at her tail before letting her through, and she lifted her tail, showing him that she could turn off the fire on the candles. he showed a relieved expression and nodded. She padded through the lockers. no going back now. She walked out of the lockers into the pool area, and her friends looked to her, grinning once she splashed in. " I'm so sorry guys, I had a few things going on and I ended up running late, and...the store closed before I could grab the present I had put on hold for you..." Her friend looked at her skeptically. "that's what you were freaking out about?" she looked at Candice with sympathetic eyes. "Candy, the only gift I wanted was you"

HA 390/400 WORDS YES
so i kinda had to cut off a heck of a lot of writing. but. that's fine.

totally not like im obsessed with this kal or anything-
สœแดษดแด‡ส/ส™แด‡แด‡
ษชแด›/แด›สœแด‡ส

โ—ใƒปโ—‹ใƒปโ—ใƒปโ—‹ใƒปโ—

๐ฆ๐จ๐/๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐›๐จ๐จ ๐๐ซ๐š๐ ๐จ๐ง๐ฌ
๐š๐๐ฆ๐ข๐ง ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐ฆ๐จ๐ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐›๐จ๐ฎ๐ฑ๐ž๐ฌ
๐ฆ๐จ๐ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ž๐ ๐ ๐ข๐ญ๐ฌ
๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ซ๐š๐ฒ๐ณ
แด…ษช๊œฑแด„แดส€แด…: love.aphrodite

honeycombb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes