Re: Felair #020

Postby Alledowaya » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:40 am

username: Alledowaya
name: Atlantica
why you chose this name: I chose Atlantica for this love because of her environment. The Arctic is such a gorgeous biome and the atlantic ocean does touch some of it. I would imagine with her blueish fur coat that she would be enthralled by the ocean, even when she is not a beach dweller. So Atlantica was the name that popped into my head :)
Alledowaya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sillies » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:43 am

username: midna.
    name: April
    why you chose this name: Her mother named her after the month in which the family heirloom is the birthstone! That and it was her mother's name too. Her mother was a strong and took good care of the winter lands. With this name, she is empowered to do this same.
Last edited by sillies on Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
sillies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EchoIre » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:55 am

username: EchoIre
name: January
why you chose this name:
The word January comes from the Greek god of change, beginnings, and duality, Janus. I picked this name because many see the arctic as a harsh and unforgiving biome, but I expect that the Felair that protect it know otherwise. I imagine they see growth and life in a place that others may only see desolation and death, and I thought it would be interesting if an arctic Felair was named to represent that! The arctic, while perhaps unfavorable compared to sunny beaches or lush forests, is still an important part of the world's ecosystem and deserves to be protected, and January's name is meant to reflect that! Not only that, but the name January brings to mind winter imagery, which also connects the name to the chilly lands of the arctic~
I imagine that January bares his name well, appreciating the duality that comes along in life, including his own. Like Janus himself is commonly depicted, January may seem "two-faced" at first; with a warm, caring personality but a hardened exterior, he may act like two totally different cats in a matter of minutes. Regardless, he has a deep appreciation for life and whatever it may bring, and is generally a very mellow guy.
Last edited by EchoIre on Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
EchoIre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bayfire213 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:57 am

username: klovesugar2
name: Eirlys
why you chose this name:
    Eirlys a Welsh name meaning 'snowdrop', and her nickname, Eira, has the meaning of 'snow'. Both names are derived from that of the Norse goddess Eir, whose name meant 'help' or 'mercy', and was associated with the healing arts. I can see this girl being a gentle touch, a bleeding heart, looking after not just the land within her territory, but all who roam within it, including any and all wayward wanders, lost in the snow, ill-prepared for the harshness of her homeland and in dire need of help. Her kindness standing in stark contrast to the brutal nature of the environment around her, precious and sweet, like younglings playing in the snow for the first time, or the early blooms that may peek out in spring sometimes as the snow begins to melt in certain places. A phantom in the snow to many, just a legend, a story, a whisper of a ghost striding through harsh blizzards with relative ease, frigid winds teasing plush fur as she follows a familiar routine, patrolling despite the weather, be it fair or foul, alert for any lost souls in need of her aid, no matter the species, be they unwary man, unlucky beast, or a young, frail, little plant desperately trying to cling to life in an unforgiving land..? *shrugs* It just, well, fits her well, in my opinion?
Bayfire213

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alckatraz » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:23 am

username: Alckatraz
name: Snædís (spelled Snaidís)
why you chose this name: Her name comes from "snær", meaning snow, and "dís/pl dísir" meaning goddess in Old Norse. I think this name really suits her, being an Arctic cat, needing to survive every day in harsh conditions, with snow storms and freezing temperatures. Being surrounded permanently by snow and ice, Snædís becomes a true goddess of the arctic realm, fighting bravely with the unwelcoming lands she lives in.
╔════════════════════════╗
Katra | She/Her | Adult | ENTP

© | TH | Art Shop | Alckatraz#8667

╚════════════════════════╝
Alckatraz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rescue2001 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:30 am

username: Rescue2001
name: Eira
why you chose this name: I wanted a wintery type name but yet I didnt want it to look wintery or sound wintery and this one just stuck out to me, Eira is the Welsh name for “snow” and is pronounced AY-ra.
My Art Shop
I am a Breyer and Schleich collector along
with other brands of all sizes - mainly horses
looking for UR bengal (ultimate dreamie)
b-day is Jan 3rd, I'm a Capicorn♑

Rescue2001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vampire Adam » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:41 am

username: Vampire Adam
name: Eir
why you chose this name: In Norse mythology, Eir is described as a figure of life and a skillful healer. I imagine this cat being a gentle caretaker of her lands, lovingly tending to nature as one would their child. I also see her as a friend to weary travelers and those who have become sick, injured or weakened by the cold, taking them in and nursing them back to health. She dislikes seeing pain, suffering and death more than anything, and will do all she can to prevent it or tend to it.
On an indefinite hiatus from CS and Discord. Can still be contacted via PM.
Vampire Adam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby legolas the elf » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:54 am

username: lucifer morningstar.
name: perirobat
why you chose this name: 'perirobat' is a simplification of the word 'lost-and-found' translated into another language. the name stemmed from the idea that the heirloom is an earring as to not be lost in the snow.
legolas the elf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vixiebun » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:59 am

username: fox ★
name: Hoshikuma
vixiebun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ariana Black » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:53 am

username: Ariana Black
name: Yoda
why you chose this name: Yoda was the name of my friend's blue merle pomeranian. He ran away shortly passing away as he didn't want his family to see him die. He was a very sweet dog and I loved him as though he were my own this Felair reminds me of his coloring so much and I just couldn't think of a more fitting name for me to give it if chosen.
Art made by the amazing theNightwishmaster and was commissioned by me.
Ariana Black

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me