Re: Staff Kalon — Venus (open)

Postby LivingLethal » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:09 am

username; LivingLethal
name; Cameron
prompt;
Entry 739:

Dear Diary,
How do I feel about the sky, stars, and universe? I didn’t know what to say when I was asked earlier. I’ve been thinking about it since I was asked… Maybe I should be frank like sis always is. Or maybe I should be more poetic, the way that Isaiah is. Or was...

The universe pains me in a way I cannot describe; I am sure of this fact. My mom was not deserving of her fate. A slow decay, dripping down into a total loss of herself. She was too young, and she was too good for such an evil destiny. The universe, whoever or whatever made it, was cruel in allowing such a thing to happen. I will be brief here because dwelling on this brings me sorrow: the universe is a savage thing.

The memories I made below the sky mock me now. The sky’s warmth welcomed me when my heart felt only the bitter chill of grief. When we couldn’t stand the memories inside our house, Isaiah, sis, and I would sit below the gentle clouds and cheery sun to have picnics, play board games, or do whatever else could take our minds off the past’s burdens. Isaiah, the sky, and I. I became so close to him after mom left, and then, he left, too. The sky watched him leave, and it never told me. No, more than that: it watched him leave—let him leave—and then watched me every day afterward to mock me. How do I feel about the sky? It makes me frustrated, but more so, it makes me feel loneliness.

The stars are the only one of the three that haven’t committed a wrong against me. For that, I respect them. I feel comfort sitting under the stars beside my sister, waiting for Isaiah to come back home and wishing for my mother’s safety in the vast universe. I need to go make sis dinner, so I’ll keep this quick: I thank the stars. Of the three, I wish they will be the most loyal and light the way for Isaiah to come back home.

Thoughtfully, Cameron.
Last edited by LivingLethal on Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
LivingLethal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby legend speaker » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:30 am

username; legend speaker
name; everest
prompt; (500 word max)
extra(s); (optional)

wip!!
legend speaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby doge fruit » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:41 am

username;
doge fruit

name;
Andromeda
{mostly goes by "Andy"}

prompt;

"Isn't she a beauty, Megan?", Andy said in awe to someone that wasn't even there. Well, she was addressing the lady in the polka dot bikini that was ripped out a magazine and taped on the dashboard near her. The model's name wasn't Megan but Andy always thought she looked like one.

The spacecraft's engine gave a soft hum as it gentle vibrated in the gravity of space. In the distance, the large tail of a comet was soaring through the sky. The pink and orange trail stood out so beautifully in the black of space.

"Murphey's Comet...you only see em once every 100 years."

Once the comet faded away the distance, she got back to lazily doodling on her checklist. She enjoyed her little breaks away from her work, she had to travel planet to planet delivering various goods and imports. It's her life's job, even if it wasn't her first choice but she loved it nonetheless. Every time someone back on her home planet asked if the job's worth it, she always comments the view.

"Seeing all those planets, nebulas, and stars...it's all so surreal. Like, you can't believe you're seeing it with you're own two eyes, but it's there. My words can't describe the beauty of seeing comets and galaxies moving in the distance.", Andy whispered to the poster again before she heard the loud buzz.

Her boss, some fat, grumpy lizard alien, buzzed her up on her ship's computer transmission. He was always mad about something (unless its food) and she and her coworkers constantly make jokes about him. He came calling to rant about late shipments and the residents of the nearby ice planet, Narth QZ17, were getting a bit hectic about their order of fuzzy coats and scarves. With a smug roll of her eyes, she promised the poor grouch to bring the shipment as so,
on as possible before buzzing him off the transmitter.

Taking one more time to relish the stars and the far distant star clusters, she revved up the engine once more.

"Well, we'll come back later, Megan. We'll come back later."

extra(s);

home;

Andy comes from a planet nicknamed "2nd Earth". Many light-years ago, the original earth suffered from a devastating meteor crash and some folks were lucky enough to have already settled on 2nd Earth.
Most considered the new planet a merchant's utopia since various aliens and beings can gather and trade what wares they have in the largest desert on the planet, the Sienna desert. Back on the original earth, aliens would be seen as threats while on 2nd Earth, they're seen as everyday relations. The whole planet mostly works in harmony with their outer space neighbors.
Andy always wondered if the original earth is still where it is, a deserted and barron place. She always wanted to take a spaceship out there to see, however, she has to worry about those shipments getting to their rightful owners...
Last edited by doge fruit on Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:17 am, edited 5 times in total.
doge fruit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Endlessechoes » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:34 am

username; Cashew11359
name; Callisto
prompt; Certain things come to dreamers. Some of these things are amazing, sometimes terrible, and sometimes in-between. However, there's always a specific type of dreamer that the universe pays attention to. The ones who dream of the stars, of dancing along the milky way and carving their name out into the constellations. Those who keep their eyes trained to the night sky, heart full and eyes twinkling. To Callisto, who's mind was as still as can be, the entire universe fell to its knees. The stars laid their secrets bare in the dead of night, and in return the Kalon shone brighter than she ever had, for she was of the stars- a cosmic child, ruler of the skies in her own right.

Callisto was born with her eyes constantly on the sky, and she was more than ecstatic to get a job as an astrobiologist at ELEPHANT, a famous space institute. Kalon-kind had been exposed to space travel for a millennia, and they'd spread out across countless planets, carving their path through the cosmos. Callisto had been born on Earth, the home planet. It was special and gorgeous, but she'd always craved more. Now, she was on a spaceship heading to collect flora and fauna samples from the planet known as 55 Cancri E. She stood at the helm now, her scarf draped across her neck. It had been a gift from her mother, and she made sure to wear it to every planet in her mother's memory. Callisto grinned, touching a paw to it gently as she watched the stars leisurely glide by, twinkling in a friendly greeting. The kalon sighed, pressing a paw up against the glass as she watched them for what felt like hours. Callisto was as ancient as them, her soul lilting to the universe's beat as she felt power pulse through her. This was her domain, a home unlike any other. Here, she had purpose.
extra(s); maybe?
Last edited by Endlessechoes on Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

echo | she/her | ily
TOEW | stars | 🍃 |
adhd consumes me daily
send me a trade or else i kiss u
Endlessechoes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JessKnight » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:07 am

username; JessKnight
name; Louise
prompt;
(0/500 (max))
extra(s);
[WIP] (1 Art and/or +250 words; optional)
ʜᴏᴛ ᴄᴏᴄᴏᴀ
I'm just Jess
Artist / Gamer

ɪꜱ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀ
ʜ ᴜ ɢ
Discord ID:
Jessica Knight#8728
ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ
ɪɴꜱɪᴅᴇ!
JessKnight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meridiem » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:11 am

username; Meridiem
name;
prompt; (500 word max)
extra(s); (optional)
------------------------------------------
Meridiem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

— aliens

Postby SilentMelody » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:06 pm

username; silentmelody || name; nick grant

Nick is best friends with an alien -- Bhagyatra. He lives very close to Mauna Kea, a volcano in Hawaii that has become the perfect spot for an observation tower. It's a beautiful area, perfect for seeing the sky clearly, and that's where the two met. In a way, it was somewhat of fate. Nick has always believed in aliens, and when he looked at Bhagyatra...well, his gut instincts told him there was something a little otherworldly about this Kalon. That day when he first set eyes on Bhagyatra changed his whole life and his whole outlook on life. No longer was he just the imaginative boy he once knew; his dreams had come true.

When Nick confronted Bhagyatra alone and pestered her enough, the alien admitted that in fact she was alien. He learned all about the strange creature -- Bhagyatra didn't remember their species' or planet's name, as her ship crashed into earth as a child. She only has faint memories of travelling around the universe and seeing other alien creatures. As Bhagyatra spun and wove her tales of space travels, Nick realized that this was a secret he must keep. He'd never be able to tell anyone about this other alien girl, and he'd have to take this secret to the grave. The thought scared him to his bones. What if he never even saw this alien again?

Using her empathic powers, Bhagyatra could sense the unease and anxiety coming from Nick. "Of course, you don't have to feel this way," she had comforted the human. "Come along with me in my travels. No, not my space travels -- I have no means or ways to do so. Come along with me on my earth travels."

And so began their lengthy, wonderful friendship, as well as their adventurous travels around the world.

Recently she was accepted to travel on a starship as a doctor, and Nick Grant hasn't seen her in a couple of years. He watches the stars and waits for the day that his best friend comes back.
Last edited by SilentMelody on Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
mel | adult | she/her | bi

toyhouse - silentmelody
admin/staff for dcay on cs

RBT in ABA therapy for autism
B.S. in psychological sciences

low activity, but i still check my pms!
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby avaloafe » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:27 pm

oooooooooo my lanta mark
avaloafe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spirit23Wolf » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:16 pm

username; Spirit23wolf
name; Celest
prompt; Well as per my name the stars and galaxy fascinate me to no end I can remember back to when I was a pup I used to go out and sit under the stars for hours my parents had to drag me back into the house. I used to sit there for hours just thinking I thought about life my family my friends how much I wanted to go up into space and explore. Exploring is my life I've gone to the dessert, I've climbed mount Everest, explored the amazon jungle you see I am a journalist, but I've always wanted to go up into space stars rock and other thing have fantasied me for as long as I can remember who knew that soon I would get to follow my dream.
It was another day or so I thought I was bored out of my mind no new adventures for over a year I have more than enough money to live my life with out working but I love my life and my job. I got a phone call when I answered it, it was the director of my magazine he said that he had a job for me if I was interested my interest was peaked so I said tell me more. he said well its a short trip into space. I nearly screamed! my dream was finally coming true I would get to go up into space it was literally a dream come true.
I was months and months before I was deemed ready to go up the amount of training astronauts have to go through is amazingly hard it was mentally and physically hard but oh so worth it. The day of the launch my heart felt like it was beating out of my chest I could barley contain myself it was finally happening. AND 3 2 1 LAUNCH. I cant even come close to describing my experience in space it was absolutely beautiful nothing on earth can compare. But it makes you feel truly small and alone in the universe.
extra(s); https://sta.sh/01zeze3gsii8 (Art by me, winner can keep <3)
Last edited by Spirit23Wolf on Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pet's name: Everest (Thank You KIONO)
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Spirit23Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby echo into void » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:56 pm

username; echo into void ★ name; lyra

Lyra has always felt connected with space and the universe as a whole. Every time they lay down and just look at the space above them, they can’t help but think about the other beings that are out there. They always come to the same conclusion in doing so: we are so small compared to the entirety of the universe. There are so many more species out there just waiting to be discovered. This usually sends them into an existential crisis which consists of contemplating the reason of life, crying to instrumental music, and eating junk food. Even though this happens every single time they lay and stare at the stars, they love doing it. They love knowing that there is more out there than what they can see. They love the feeling that washes over them whenever they’ve been laying there for a while and finally get up. It’s like a new found identity of being. They feel different and more refreshed than ever before. Which is why they can’t stop, and why they love it so much.
Last edited by echo into void on Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
echo (they/them)
snowclan wermz
the sanctuary
currently: happy holidays!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x
echo into void

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery