Time spent 1 hour, 28 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Tatangi

Wind Reaper v.3 #11 [ADOPTED]

Postby Tatangi » Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:57 am

๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ก๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“น๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ผ
๐€๐๐จ๐ฉ๐ญ๐ฌ | ๐๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฌ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ | ๐‘๐š๐œ๐ข๐ง๐  | ๐ˆ๐ง๐Ÿ๐จ | ๐€๐ซ๐ญ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ ๐’๐ž๐š๐ซ๐œ๐ก | ๐€๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ฅ๐ข๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ฌ | ๐‚๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ฆ๐ฌ

โœฆWhat are Wind Reapers? - - - - - - - - - -
    Wind Reapers are a species of dragon that inhabit high ground, most
    commonly seen on mountain peaks. Their long, thin body allows them to
    maneuver steep slopes and jagged cliffs with ease. With their strong back
    legs, they can easily climb trees and make amazing leaps. Although they
    are unable to fly, their light body weight allows them to glide, with help
    from their high jumps and long tails. Their tails are very flexible, helping
    them climb and glide.
    Despite their appearance, most Reapers are relatively timid and shy. They
    are loners, however occasionally enjoy a friends company. They mate for
    life due to their lack of trust for others, and can live for up to 30 years.

Wind Reaper #11 Info
Name: Lumi
Size: 2 feet 5 inches
Owner: paperose
Adoption Date: August 25th, 2023
Edits: [uc] Accessories [r] Elemental Aspects (sparkling mist)

Adoption Closed

Adopt This Wind Reaper
To Adopt this Wind Reaper, you must explain the lore behind Wind Reaper Exploration and how/why this Reaper partakes in it. Pretty up your application with coding, artwork or extra writing! Make sure you credit all art used. Extensions can be requested! Remember that marking the main Wind Reapers thread with your username is required to adopt any wind reaper.
Last edited by Tatangi on Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tatangi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wind Reaper v.3 #11 [OPEN]

Postby crexmii » Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:59 am

Name: onyx
Size: 3 feet
Owner: crexmii
Prompt:

the wind reapers in the colony explore to find more of his kind and explore the outside. they have special ranks for reapers, the scout rank. in search of more wind reapers to help or humans to avoid. scouts also sometimes host stakeouts when a potential threat is found near the colonyโ€™s base (the cave).

onyx really, only explores to get away from the others. he hates the crowded cave, full of so many reapers. he doesnโ€™t understand how others can be completely fine stuck with a bunch of other loud, inconsiderate reapers.
heโ€™s a huge introvert and hates social interaction. also, he finds the cave really cramped even though it is GIGANTIC.

itโ€™s literally a whole cavern in there. but of course, he took up the rank of a scout to get away from it all. lapis doesnโ€™t know the true reason behind it, so she allows him to do his daily scouting duties. so when heโ€™s out exploring, he deliberately makes sure to come back very late, so he can have less interaction with the other reapers.

that doesnโ€™t mean he doesnโ€™t contribute, though. he is always alert during his explorations, and makes sure to keep hidden. on fact, he actually reports any dangers he sights back to the colony.

it may be an excuse to avoid the other reapers, but onyx is still loyal to his colony and will alert them of any dangers.
Last edited by crexmii on Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the council shall decide your fate
stars! โ›…๏ธ wind reapers! โ›…๏ธ wind reapers archive
ImageImageImage Image
crexmii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ylesia » Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:34 pm

Name: Mystic
Size: 2.7 feet
Owner: ylesia
Prompt:

Hello young one! What did you say? My ears are not what they used to be. Raise your voice a little. You want to become an explorer? I see. Well, sit here, next to this old Reaper. I have to tell you a story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the story of a Wind Reaper who lived a long time ago. Her name was Mystic. She was a special kind. Since when she was born she was curious about literally everything. Be it a cloud in the sky or a leaf on a tree. Growing up, she learned about exploration, and like you, young one, she decided to become and explorer. She wasn't the first of her kind with the desire of knowing the unknown, but unlike some Reapers she didn't want to make it for profit. A number of the explorers you revere, venture in the dangerous world to find precious artifacts to sell to the ones who stay in the comfort of their homes. Don't stare at me like that, you are young, there are a lot of things you have to learn.

As I was saying, some Reapers explore for profit. Others, explore because they want to be left on their own. And a small part of them, as Mystic, explore for ... well, exploring. But let's go back to Mystic. She left her birthplace and began her adventures. There's one in particular I'd like to tell you. My mother used to tell me the story before sleeping.

Mystic was sleeping on a tree when she heard a screaming on the distance. It wasn't a "good scream". She jumped down the tree and waited. A massive canid creature jumped in her visual. Mystic began to run ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ยซMystic, breathยป she said herself.

In front of her there was only void. Behind her, "something" that wanted to eat her. She approached the abyss and tried to flap her wings.

ยซUseless stuffยป

She look down another time and then behind her. The thing was getting nearer. She jumped. As she fell, she managed to cling to the rock face. She tried to flatten herself to the wall as much as possible. Above her, the creature was sniffing. She dared not raise her head and held her breath.

She waited until the creature was gone and climbed back up the wall. She peeked to make sure the creature was no longer there. It was safe. Mystic shook herself to let go of the fear. She was trembling.

As soon as her leg could support her, Mystic continued her journey. There were still a lot of things out there that a Wind Reaper had never seen. Well, maybe it would have been better if some of them remained unknown.

Short version wrote:Wind Reapears explore for three different reasons:
- Profit (I think this needed some better explanation than what the old Reaper said, he is I am a little cynical): there are a lot of interesting things in the world and not everyone wants to travel months to get them. You know that precious and delicious red pine cones that grow only 200 miles away? Some explorer might gather some in exchange for something else, maybe paint for their skull. Of course these Reapers enjoy traveling and they may have hundreds of different reasons why they love to do it, but they always come back with something valuable to trade/sell.
-Loneliness: there's nothing better than traveling miles away from Reapers to not see Reapers.
-Exploring: this is for curious Reapers who search the thrill of adventure.

Where no man has gone beforeโ€ฆ

MY TRADE THREAD | ADOPTABLES | STORIES
WIND REAPERS

ylesia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paperose » Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:38 am

Name: lumi
Size: 2 feet and 5
inches
Owner: paperose
Prompt: searching
for yummier food!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxpic credit
โ€œsure, pinecones are a reaper's favourite food, but what if there was a yet
undiscovered tastier yummier food, or better yet an even tastier yummier pinecone!
โ€

most wind reaper exploration is because the reapers explore their habitats and homes. as they are typically a little more solitary, a lot of them do live alone and therefore need to explore and travel to find the perfect home for them. also, once they are settled (that is, if they decide to, some reapers don't) they need to explore their area every now and then for food.

some reapers participate in wind reaper exploration because of their curiosity. it's pretty simple, to see what else is out there in the world. lumi's reason is pretty similar to that; it's to see what food is out there in the world! he wants to find different plants and food to eat so travels the world to find various plants and combinations of plants. think of him like an amateur food connoisseur.

not sure if i'm too late to enter or not, but this one is too cute to not try

my profile โ–  she/her
โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”“

hello there! i'm paperose, but
just call me paper. i don't bite,
much, so if you want to talk feel
free to pm me. see ya 'round!

โ”—โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”›
pi โ–  sock โ–  rosie โ–  lumi
paperose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wind Reaper v.3 #11 [ADOPTED]

Postby Tatangi » Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:26 pm

ADOPTED

I took a few extra days to think this one over, and honestly it was very hard to decide! I have finally decided on one, and the winner for this guy is paperose! I'm giving HMs to ylesia and crexmii because I really didn't know which entry to go with! Thank you all for being so patient with me!

Tatangi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wind Reaper v.3 #11 [ADOPTED]

Postby paperose » Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:00 am

omg I have seen this so late but thank you so much! and well done to everyone else, your forms were all so good!

my profile โ–  she/her
โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”“

hello there! i'm paperose, but
just call me paper. i don't bite,
much, so if you want to talk feel
free to pm me. see ya 'round!

โ”—โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”›
pi โ–  sock โ–  rosie โ–  lumi
paperose

My pets
My items
My wishlist