SilverCrescentMoon
name;
Marley Moore
gender;
Female
personality;
"Personality, huh? I'd say it's all over the place..."

"What was that, mate?"

"Nothing, Captain!" Phew, that was close.

Now. Personality. Uh...Captain Moore certainly is a harsh woman, but I suppose you could call it tough love. She really does care for us, and makes sure not to put any of us in too much danger. She is also very passionate about what she does. Ever seen her sail? It's like she belongs there, behind the wheel. She's even better in battle. What? No! I am not crushing on her! That would be completely unprofessional.

Now.

Captain loves treasure, like any pirate would, but she won't make any stupid decisions to get to it. Usually. If she knows a town is defended too well, she'll steer us elsewhere. Although, that rarely happens. We are an experienced crew and know our stuff, if I do say so myself. As opposed to brute force, Captain would much rather strategize. Of course, that doesn't mean she is comepletely in denial of fighting. She loves a good duel.

Ah. Unlike some captains, she is very efficient and helps out around her own ship instead of putting all the work on us. And despite being a female (don't hate me!) she's not afraid to get down and dirty. I love that about her...

(218 words)

"Captain! There be a ship on the horizon!"

Marley spun around, her paws swift and nimble on the deck. Today had been a slow day out at sea, and she was bored out of her mind. It would take them at least a few more days to reach their destination, and she was craving action. "Let me see," she commanded eagerly, grabbing the telescope from his paws.

Peering through the eyepiece, Marley gazed upon a ship she knew very well. It was old but sturdy, and the mast was carved in the shape of a dolphin. A small grin spread across her face as she lowered the telescope.

"Shall we prepare for attack, mam?" The kalon inquired.

"Not this time, rookie," Marley replied with a smirk. "These are our guests."

It took a good while until the ship caught up to them, but as they approached, she ordered the anchor to be dropped. A few newer members of the crew looked confused, but most recognized the ship immediately. It belonged to Captain Wesley Sherlock, a fierce and cunning pirate...and Captain Marley Moore's greatest rival.

"Stay here, fellas. I need to have a chat with my man." A few of the crew snickered and whispered among themselves. Marley knew they had their suspicions about her and Wesley's odd relationship. Good. She liked keeping her crew on their toes. Shooting them a silencing glare, she readjusted her scabbard and kicked down the plank so it stretched across the gap between the two ships. Without so much as a glance at the dangerous waters below, she crossed over the shaky piece of wood and hopped down onto the deck of The Barcelona. The crew members here didn't look all too surprised either, and most continued going about their business, not wanting to mess with her. Marley made her way to the ship's main cabin, where the Captain stayed. No one stopped her as she entered through the doors.

The cabin filled with drawings, maps, swords, and other oddities was all too familiar to Marley. She knew this place well. Seeing her best frenemy, she padded over to him and sat down beside him. He was staring out a large glass window at the back of the ship. "Hello, darling," he murmured quietly without looking over at her.

Marley quirked an eyebrow. "Fancy seeing you around these parts. I do hope you aren't planning on raiding the same village as us."

"But of course," Wesley replied sarcastically. He paused. "I've been tracking you for weeks. There's something big gpoing down, and I want in."

"I take it you need my help," she said smoothly. Oh, yes. Marley was definitely interested. But she couldn't show it. Never act too curious about something, or else whoever you're bargaining with may jack up the cost, and there is always a cost. Everything comes with a price to pay.

Wesley met her gaze. "You could put it that way, yes."

"Well, what is it then?"

His lips curled into a frown and he stood, beginning to pace around the small room. "A friend of mine tipped me off a few weeks ago. There is a rumor floating aroun' that there's a load of treasure lost somewhere among Dead Man's Isles." He stared seriously into Marley's gaze. "Blackfur's treasure."

Marley couldn't help herself. She burst out laughing, right then and there. Wesley looked on, waiting for her to stop, but she continued to chortle at the very mention of such a fairytale. "Oh, my dear," she began, still chuckling. "Don't tell me you believe that myth."

"Tis not a myth, Marley," he retorted, offended. "Everyone who sails there never returns. There is evil on those islands."

She wiped a tear from her eyes, her laughter finally ceasing. "Then why on earth would I send my crew there?" She inquired. Putting her crew in danger was not something Marley was interested in doing. They may be a rowdy bunch, but she cared for them.

"The treasure, my sweet. The treasure." Wesley's eyes lit up as he spoke of the said goodies.

To be brutally honest, Marley had heard this rumor herself. It was all anyone ever talked about these days. If it were real, if the legend were true, she could be rich. "Alright," she agreed, barely containing her curiosity. "What's the plan?"

(723 words)

(by me)
cakepopcat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #970 - Cheesecake

Postby lovage » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:45 pm

Congrats! Feel free to use my art.
lovage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mousekewitz » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:50 pm

oh my gosh !! congrats to the hms and winner (i loved your form idea a lot)

thank you so much for the ru!! also dont feel bad abt taking a while to judge, things come up irl! that cant be helped < 3 :'0

i have decided to move on from cs
im simply not as invested or active as i used to be

thank you to everyone who makes this site possible
to every supportive, kind community member ive met
the friends i have made and lost, the experiences ive had
its been an unforgettable ride & i will miss yall

thank you to my wife for introducing me
cs has been a huge part of our lives all this time
and im excited to see where life takes me next
mousekewitz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:56 pm

Oh my gosh, what?? I can't believe this! Thank you so so much gunpowdercat!! I'll give her lots and lots of love <33

Congrats to the HM's and runner up!

EDIT; Please let me know if you don't want me to use your art ^^'
Last edited by Silver Pandorica on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunniedew » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:33 pm

thanks for the hm! congrats!
sunnie/snakies he/it
-average rudolph enjoyer
-probably playing apex legends
please do not send me messages
or trades unless prompted <3

(random PMs/trades give me an
anxiety spike if I'm not expecting
them, but if i've posted an
ad/messaged you first ofc it's fine)

✧ Oekaki Art Shop

✧ Range Trotters
Sunniedew

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raptocidic » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:44 pm

thanks for the hm! winner may keep my art, but please credit and link to my cs profile!
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Master of Nothing » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:07 am

Congrats! <3
quitting cs soon, as soon as I get all my characters rehomed
C:
Master of Nothing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyar » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:15 am

Thank you so much for the HM!! Huge congrats to the winner and runner up on their gorgeous (and doubtlessly soon-to-be-gorgeous) kalons!! And the other HMs as well. This was a really fun contest and I'm honored that I was in the running for this beauty!
Have a good day y'all.
Please contact me here or on TH - I will no longer be using Discord!
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wriolette enjoyer » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:17 am

congrats
wriolette enjoyer

My pets