Artist Sixbane [gallery]
Time spent 44 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
52 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by alyxmin

Kalon #1128 - Morning flight

Postby Sixbane » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:34 am

ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴀʀᴇ ᴋᴀʟᴏɴs? wrote:Kalons-- a species with soft manes and even softer hearts.

Monitored in forests across the globe for years, these animals have recently been declared naturally tame as well as sapient. Scientists are asking the general population to consider adopting Kalons for further study in their capabilities of intelligence.

Their shining tails are used for identification and showing off, which is helpful when spotting another Kalon from afar. This association with other Kalons is why they are head-over-heels for any shiny or colorful item that they come across!

Sorry to post another so soon! I work far too fast for my own good... I actually made 4-5 designs but kept scrapping them because I felt bad i'd finished them so quickly, but this one i'm actually okay with so I wanted to post it
Inspired by a purple Crocus flower, and the markings with inspiration from an AWD
Accessories are entirely removable! (lantern/headband/collar/beads)

Standard hair edits, standard shine edit

"And strive on, through that dark night, because with lantern in hand I will seek out the place where my life will truly begin"

Belongs to pebby stone.
Will end on the 5th
Code: Select all
[b]Username;;[/b]
[b]Kalon name;;[/b]
[b]What was their new beginning?;;[/b] Meeting a certain person? A turning point in their life?

Prettying up is fine, no limit on how long or short it may be (quality over quantity though!)
Can answer with art, writing, or however you choose.
You're welcome to answer the prompt in any way! I'd love to see you go out of the box
But don't add anything else other than the answer to the prompt.
Last edited by Sixbane on Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm not really active here anymore, hmu @ Sixbane on TH/DA/Discord instead
Sixbane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #1128 - Morning flight

Postby Shiba Inu » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:39 am

Username;;
Kalon name;;
What was their new beginning?;; Meeting a certain person? A turning point in their life?

Mark~

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
Hello! Shiba inu/Sleepypeachy, but you can just call me Jai.
She/They and gay as hell
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
Shiba Inu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby appiesauce » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:39 am

Username;;
Kalon name;;
What was their new beginning?;; Meeting a certain person? A turning point in their life?

ahh res !
xxxImage
xxxxxxxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xx
xxxxx
aspynn | she/her | adult
xxxxxxxxtoyhou.se / sketch shop

xxxxxxxxImage
appiesauce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yen. » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:42 am

Username;; eonian
Kalon name;; Étienne
What was their new beginning?;;

The sixth bell rang out, echoing off the flat stone walls of the buildings. A warning, no less. Rapid footsteps could be heard in the streets, of the people scurrying like ants to get back to their houses before the darkness takes over. The lights are dimming, and the seventh bell of the day rings out. With it comes pitch blackness that envelopes the city. Those who are left outside are as good as dead.

This is the kind of world Étienne lives in. A city of darkness, crumbling under it's own weight. The electric bulbs that light the streets are dimming, and the darkness hides terrors than few live to speak of.
A silver headband marks Étienne as one of the runners; a kalon who will guide those who are lost in the darkness back to safety.

All I had.. didn't end up with enough time to finish. Congrats to the winner of this kal!
Last edited by yen. on Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
千年孤單的星河

──yen • he/him

──kalons

──zzzz....

.是否還能掙脫
yen.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lysander » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:43 am

Username;;
Kalon name;;

reeeeeeeeeees
┌─────────────────────┐

lysander   he/him  about
 chronic hand pain haver
kalonsartadoptswritingtoyhouse
icon by my friend!

└─────────────────────┘
lysander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Discter » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:45 am

Username;; Discter
Kalon name;; Jupiter

Jupiter had officially hit rock bottom, living under a bridge, barely getting enough food, and not making enough money; with how things were, Jupiter may as well be dead if this was the living conditions now set. When you're a criminal on the run from the Inner city's police, life is hard, even if all you did bad was swipe food and some clothes from the occasional vendor. But, he was in no hurry to go back to being a noble, being somebody's doll, having to go to classes constantly, and his future already decided for him. Yes, he may like his fiance, the money, and the sweet old maid Mary, but he didn't want to get into politics. Frix, his father's adviser, was bad enough, and the way he had seen some of the guests had been like at the balls (that he was forced to attend), he didn't want to get anywhere near politics. Seeing his father sagging in a chair, sorting through letters, looking fifty years older then he actually was, wasn't really what he wanted to do in life. So, the solution? Run away as fast as his paws could carry him. Not his smartest idea, but it was better than being a pawn on the king's chest board.

Now, he was cold, hungry, and in the alleyway next to the merchants market. He was by the Junah section, where they were paid to take someones important stuff and get it to wherever safely. Money, jewelry, fruit, cloth, spices, you name it, they carried it away to where the person wanted it. Sorta like the mailing system in the kingdom, except safer, less corrupt, and handled things besides letters. Not a whole lot was known how they worked inside, but it was almost always guaranteed to get whatever you wanted to wherever safely, without it being searched, questioned, damaged, or stolen. They were all required to learn some form of self defense, if not offense, to make sure whatever they had was protected. It was an interesting job, sure, but dangerous since people loved to rob them, since whatever they carried was usually valuable. Although they were quite sneaky, and had a high success rate, he had heard stories of people getting injured working for them. Which, would probably happen at any job, but still.

He had heard they were looking for new recruits, but he doubted they would accept him, even if he went to go work there. First,
he was a runaway criminal noble, second, he was not the best at horse riding, and third, he sucked at fighting since his fencing was only so good, and he was used to hitting plush padding, not flesh in a life or death fight. Maybe he could get away with just carrying letters? Or just sorting out orders? He doubted it, harboring a criminal wasn't really something you wanted to do in this city. But, they were known for doing some shady stuff, and were willing to hire criminals as long as you weren't a back stabber. But, nobody did anything like that since everyone now knew going against them was a Bad Idea. They were infamously known for beating up, robbing, and jailing ex-employees who stole anything from their patrons, whether is be something as small as a letter, or as big as two crates full of gold. The price to pay for crossing them was too high for a lot of people, maybe even the king, since they were known for having a crazy leader who did whatever, and the organisation had gotten into a few fights with some gangs and nobles (and win).

Why was he even thinking about this? Did he even want a job at that crazy place? To go around traveling, wear out your legs,
and beat people up who crossed the boss? Okay, so maybe beating people up and winning was a nice idea, and the fact they payed their employees well (plus housed them) was good too. But getting mugged or jumped on a road in the middle of nowhere? Not exactly what he wanted to be doing in his new life. But to his surprise, his legs were already moving, and he could see the entrance to one of their stores. Well, he was known for doing some stupid stuff, may as well go through with his dumb idea since he already started it.

wip wip wip wip
Last edited by Discter on Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
i sold the devil my soul but he didn't know i never had one to begin with
Discter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby root » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:47 am

ressss
root

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dolly » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:52 am

mark
────────────
da | they/them | th
────────────
dolly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fruitvale » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:53 am

beautiful starry flower kid . . mark to watch / mayb join if i have the time ! otherwise good luck n congrats to the winner ! !
fruitvale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby priimary » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:33 am

Username;;
Kalon name;;

what a gorgeous design ;o; res
╓═══════☆═══════╖

hello 🐸

╙═══════☆═══════╜

priimary

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me