Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

[052.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:14 pm

THE TRIBE OF SINGING WIND !!
    xxxx( bigfrog4231 clan archive last explore post )

In their presence, things were just… different.

It was like the world softened, fading into a sea of watercolors and pastels, sharpened only by the other’s gentle smile. It was like she was in another world ━ a different realm where things weren’t so pressing, so urgent, so harsh. In their presence, there was just… peace.

Something so lost in a world bustling with life, with action, with dangers and yet… adventures.

Just like the one she was embarking on right now.

Their side brushed against her, head tilted. Soft bangs covered their eyes, yet the same, teasing smile unravelling across their muzzle was there. Catching. “Already worried about the journey, huh?”

Snow’s chin lifted. “Ridiculous. I━”

Their chuckle intercepted. “Mhm… say, you hear that? Near the little pond.”

Beyond the storm of her thoughts, the orchestra of the ponds arose like the early dawn. A low croak underlying the swish of the babbling brooks swept by the wind’s gentle command.

Eyes narrowed, she waded into the cool waters, savoring the push and pull of the current’s rhythm. Her gaze roamed, flicking past the towering reeds, those alternating shades of sienna and ochre, past the boughs of a lone willow tree bowing close to the waters━

A soft gurgle signalled that something had surfaced.
    And that something had just lost the waiting game. (+3FP frog)

Her jaws clamped around the slimy creature as she surfaced, mounting the shores. Water sloshed, spilling from her coat as she ambled through the reeds, a soft grunt easing from her jaws as they prodded her coat.

The lilypad plastered across her back was another story entirely.

With an outstretched paw, she reached across to… dislodge that sticky thing. No avail. Perhaps she should just… shake it off━

“Something stuck?” They were back, already easing toward her. Their pawsteps were steady, effortless and graceful, as they navigated the reeds and set aside a small jawful of herbs. “Here, let me.”

“No, it’s fine. You don’t━”

Their nose skimmed her back, searching. A feather-like touch, soft and gentle… like the sonatta of a songbird at evening's first call. A final tap and they brushed the soggy lilypad off with a quick flourish.

“All done!” They beamed, offering a playful nudge. “You ready? I found some herbs while you were out frog-hunting!” (+1 broom, +1 blackberry leaves)
    xx
    totals

xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ snow (10% hunger), echo's chorus (10% hunger)
    xxxxxname (00% hunger), name (00% hunger), name (00% hunger)

xxxp stats (opted in for death)
    xxxx↳ +100XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+6XP for prey, +4XP for herbs, +20XP for "leaf-bare" codeword

xxprey + herb finds for patrol
    xx+3FP frog
    xx+1 broom, +1 blackberry leaves

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +150XP → level 4 (472/500XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x

xxImage
    x
    notes: n/a, your math was done perfectly! <33
──────────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[053.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:28 am

THE TRAVELLERS !!
    x( i like bees archive last post )

He was lost in a world of green.

A world of tangled fronds and frills. A world of unyielding jade walls, impenetrable by an idle eye. A world where every twist and turn ━ every bend revealed another world of green.

The walls, the grass… maybe even a pebble if he ever found one. Wait, weren’t his eyes green, too?

With a soft chuff, he combed a paw through the grass, picking at the tall blades. There was something unreal about this. Something artificial. Something calculated, arranged and schematized. A mirror of reality gone terribly wrong.

Because creating an illusion of reality ━ the shades, the scents, the sights; the gentle array of lights and harsh contrast of shadows; the silver, ghostly edges of the moon and the guiding warmth of the sun ━ was... impossible.

Yet here he was.

Alone and destined to wander the same path to the rhythm of eternity's call. To hear his heart thrumming in his ears, the soft puff of his breath and stew in the deafening silence of the unending daylight. His only saving grace was the skies. A reprieve from the endless seas of green around him. But even that was weird in a thousand different ways.

A chitter pierced the silence.

His head perked, ears flickering. Something was here. Not quite the growl of a badger, nor the trill of a songbird. But what and where━

He froze.

Beside his paw, two tiny beetles peered up at him. Their backs glistened, alternating shades of pale golds and chartreuse painted across their shells, flecked with little speckles. Tentatively, he touched a claw to them, tapping their backs. The duo stood motionless.

For a beat. Then, two.
    And they mounted.

The little creatures crawled onto the top of his paw, nestling between the tufts of his fur. (+1FP beetle, +1FP beetle)

… interesting.

Perhaps a promise of things to come.
    Or a snack. Or two.
    xx
    totals

xxxx↳ dragonfly (10% hunger), frog (10% hunger)

xxxp stats (opted in for death!)
    xxxx↳ +100XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent, +60XP from catvent
    xxxxxx+4XP for prey, +20XP for "winter" codeword

xx+1FP beetle, +1FP beetle
    xx+ no herbs </3

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +204XP → level 1 (248/200XP) → level 2 (48/300XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x

xxImagecongrats! you've reached level two and received an additional +1FP (your choice!), + 1 herb (your choice!), +1 common edit!

x
    notes: n/a, but your lore is so neat!! i'm excited to see where this all goes! <33
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Windclan 34

Postby Frisco » Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:02 pm

I'm picking my own!
new prey:
scraps, insects | 1 FP
leftovers, small fish, eggs | 2 FP
medium fish, crabs | 3 FP
medium fish, cat food, seagull | 4 FP
large fish | 5 FP
new predators:
snakes, dogs, foxes, badgers, large birds of prey (owls, eagles), seagull flocks, humans
+ anything the writer finds suitable
Would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list? Yes

I want to risk death!
Username: Frisco
Clan link: Windclan

───────────────────────────────────────────

The cats of Windclan have their home in an idyllic English coast. Their main camp is located on a grassy cliff where they can find shelter in a burrow under a tree and in small coves in the ground. Waves crash against the hard rock surface of the cliff, but never reach high enough to soak the cats. However, a wet breeze can be felt in the air on most days. Over the time of living there it made the cats almost immune to water. During days with soft drizzle or even small rain they act like they don’t even notice the unfavourable weather and continue on with their business as usual. A rather steep and slippery road leads down to a pond with shallow water and many large, flat-surfaced rocks that are perfect for sunbathing. Getting down there is often a difficult task for kittens, but no challenge for nimble adult cats. Down there they often fish and try to catch crabs. The water is still, warmed by the sun and perfectly clear. A perfect buffet. It’s one of the reasons why most cats never bother hunting and only develop their skills for fun or to protect the clony from predators. After getting over their first instinct to avoid water like fire, cats quickly find out that catching fish is much easier than hunting for seagulls, which are their main competitor in those lands. Even if they don’t try to steal the cats’ food they occupy the best resting spots and are simply annoying with the constant noise they make. Another reason that the cats’ diet mostly consists of fish is that the most nearby human encampment is a fishing village. Cats that live there grow up observing their owners fish and are fed them since their youngest age. Some of them joined Windclan, while some other are friends or allies. Whenever cats visit the village and rummage through the trashcans in search of food they mostly find leftovers of fish, rarely some beef burgers or salads.

While one side of the territory is bordered by the sea, the other leads onto lush grasslands with some scattered large rocks and trees until it fades into a forest in the distance. The trees provide protection from the rain, while the rocks make great places for naps after they heat up in the sun.

The whole place seems like a paradise to live in. So what are the cats doing now in this old, abandoned mansion?

The clan heard a mention that beyond the forest bordering their territory stood an ancient, haunted mansion. Any sensible cat would take that as a warning to stay away under all circumstances and heed to said warning. However, Windclan’s immediate reaction, which to them seemed the like the most obvious one, was to find and explore it. And, because it was Bluecloud that led the clan, to befriend the ghost. Just a normal day in the life of the clan.

The ghost hunt turned out to be more complex than Blue expected. So far he managed to fall with a ruckus into a basement when a few old boards collapsed underneath his paws, but he managed to get away unscathed. After climbing out of the pile of rubble he made a new friend, not a ghost, but a completely real cat, Feathersong, a feline almost as gullible and optimistic as Blue himself. Together they began exploring the large house in search of adventure or a way upstairs to reunite with the rest of the clan. From their short chat Blue learned that Feather until recently had loving owners and a family, but he got himself lost during their camping trip and has no idea how to return home.

Ravenash, Shiningheart and Shadowtail, aka the rest of the clan, stayed outside. They wanted to follow after Bluecloud, but Shadow picked up a scent of a fox in the air. The group chose not to follow it, but stay alert until they made sure the fox had gone and wouldn’t enter the building. They felt that in close quarters and in an unfamiliar place they would be at a disadvantage if it came to a fight. After they’d make sure that the fox wasn’t heading their way, they would go into the building to look for their leader.

[ 721 words ]

-- cats on patrol
Bluecloud | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 34% | Sick: N
Ravenash | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 30% | Sick: N
Shiningheart | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 30% | Sick: N
Shadowtail | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 30% | Sick: N
Hawkfrost | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey
(this post)

-- current prey inventory list
scraps | 1 FP | x4
shrew | 2 FP | x3 x1
mouse | 2FP | x2
smol fsh| 2FP | x1
frog | 3FP | x1
squirrel | 3FP | x1
bird | 4FP | x1
owl | 4FP | x1
-- level 5
experience: 216/650
-- items in inventory used
frog | 3FP | x1
bird | 4FP | x1
shrew | 2 FP | x2
mouse | 2FP | x2
-- active quests:
quest #1 (linked)
-- opted in to death?
yes (this post)
-- herbs
Alder Bark| x1
Blindweed | x1
Borage Leaves | x1
Broom | x2
Burdock Root | x2
Catchweed | x1
Catmint | x2
Celandine | x1
Chervil | x1
Chickweed | x1
Cobwebs | x1
Comfrey Root | x1
Daisy Leaf | x2
Dandelion | x2
Deadly Nightshade | x1
Deathberries | x4
Dock | x2
Elder Leaves | x2
Feverfew | x1
Foxglove Seeds | x1
Goatweed | x1
Goldenrod | x2
Hawkweed | x1
Horsetail | x3
Lavender | x2
Mallow Leaves | x1
Mint | x3
Poppy Seeds | x2
Ragwort | x4
Ragwort Leaves | x1
Raspberry Leaves | x1
Stick | x3
Stinging Nettle | x1
Sweet-Sedge | x1
Thyme | x1
Water Mint | x3
Wild Garlic | x1
Yarrow | x1
Last edited by Frisco on Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

What a beautiful, beautiful thing
to be able to dream
when you're not asleep.

art by Sixbane
Frisco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

── ✧✧ explore reply !! ))

Postby faelyn » Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:19 pm

xx
┌──────────┐

└──────────┘
    she could only imagine.. imagine a dream without the memories that would always haunt her. memories that would never dwindle… never be erased like the feather-light weight of a crystal scar marring the features of a soul beyond repair.

even now.. she could still remember.
    she could still remember the chaos adorning the serene billowing of the wind as ivory fangs snapped, unveiling a monstrous bride. she could still remember the gentle, reassuring presence of her mother before it was snatched away like a dazzling diamond by thieving hands. a diamond that would never dazzle the desolate world like it had once did.

a diamond that her heart still longed for.
    but mortal hearts… they were greedy. possessive. a mortal heart like hers.

for other than the dazzling diamond her heart still yearned for, there were so many pointless wishes upon stars that she longed to touch. a pointless wish to feel her mother’s curls… curls that were like ribbons of warmth and comfort around her once more and the tender kiss of her touch as she stroked her ever-so sweetly, lulling her to a place of dreams.

but she wasn’t wrong.. it was a pointless wish. her mother was gone, enchanted away by the creatures sent by the prowling shadows themselves.
    but, here, in the presence of a lingering monster, the broken pieces of her heart had been strung together once more, entangled in loose braids that seemed to fall apart as she danced closer… closer and closer to a place bejewelled with nightmares as dark as midnight pearls. a place where the rhythm of falling footsteps enthralled a monster, a canine, a shadow she sought to drive out. a shadow that she didn’t see.. not until the stars wept.

“ribbon, crystaleye… stay behind me.” eyes fluttering to meet theirs, the shadows seemed to close all around the patrol. a warning that even the larks and the lilies seemed to notice.

but not her...
    not until it was too late.
    “i think we’re getting closer to the dog.. just-”

then.. the shadows struck.
    like a thousand roses adorned with thorns and snapping thistles charming their way into reality, the monster struck. its ivory fangs tinted bronze as they gnashed, almost like the shadows had come to life. or… maybe they had.

“miststar!” crystaleye.
    wide with an angel’s innocence, her cry that had come far too late. a cry that seemed to pierce miststar’s own heart. a cry that faded, dwindling to a pitch, black silence.

silence.
    before there wasn’t.. not anymore.

------------------

“miststar?”
    a gentle chime in the depths of copper and rot, like plumes of aquamarine lighting up her entire world, it was only then when everything… everything flooded back, like tears that had been held back for far too long. “miststar?”

she blinked.
    “crystaleye? ribbon? are you all alright? what happened?”

but she knew the answer all too well, from petals of withered roses scattered all around and the eerie hush that had fallen over the dreamy feathers of mist, the mist that had shrouded her entire world.

the monster was dead.
    and she was here… vines of ivy tangled all around her, a viridian cradle.

“relax, miststar.” touch gentle against her shadowy curls, aquamarine eyes were still on hers. soft, yet still watching. “are you hurt?”

“i-no, i don’t think so.” a pause. “what happened?”

“i-i don’t know.” crystaleye’s gaze fluttered from hers, wavering like the delicate frond of a willow tree. “ i didn’t see what happened.. you- i don’t know…” her lyrical voice broke for a moment, before returning to its fierce passion. a passion that crystaleye always had. “ but the dog is dead, thanks to ribbon, she was ama-”

then, reality seemed to quiet, falling into an eternal abyss of solemn silence as the devil cried out. voice piercing.

the devil’s voice was a screeching symphony that split the fragile hush. a screeching symphony sung by songbird that had conquered the moon and the stars alike.

a devil who was disguised as an eagle. grotesque and regal all at once as it casted a beautiful, soaring shadow that painted the pale morning a dark amber.

then… the devil plummeted. dragged down to the earth below as the shrewd scavenger wandered a little too close to the place of its doom.
    (+5fp [eagle], +5exp)
┌────────────────────────────────────────┐

totals;;
// +10% hunger for the entire patrol // +5fp // +0 herbs // level 1 (159/200) -> level 1 (199/200) // xxx

note;; hi there! <3 everything on your explore is perfect, but there's a small mistake i need you
to fix! instead of linking to your toyhouse for each of your cats that are on your patrol,
you are required to link their adopt page or if they are an offsite myo, the page in
which they were approved by the archivist!

words written exp;; + 20 exp
patrol exp;; + 10 exp
food + herb exp;; +5 exp
additional exp;; 5 exp [predator battle]
death opt;; no
total exp;; +40 exp

└────────────────────────────────────────┘
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby RoxyTBDW » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:24 am

MistClan
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received

too tired to write </3

[center][ 0 words ]

[/center]

-- cats on patrol
Miststar | She/her | HP 95% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey
if you've filled out the form here previously, please
link to your form here!
-- level 1
experience: 199
-- items in inventory used
Squirrel x1 - Miststar
-- active quests:
quest #1 (linked)
-- opted in to death?
yes/no
if yes, link to opt-in form
-- inventory
Bugs | 1 FP | x2
Mice | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
Squirrel | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0
Eagle | 5 FP | x1

Ragwort Leaves | x1
Dock | x1
Elder leaf | x1
Lavender | x1
Daisy Leaf | x1
Alder Bark | x1
Dried Oak Leaves | x1
Last edited by RoxyTBDW on Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reworking sig - She/they
Chicoon Hub

My interests change a lot...
RoxyTBDW

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ivyy. » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:13 am

≋O≋c≋e≋a≋n≋ ≋C≋l≋a≋n
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received

Acornnick opened his mouth to speak but Peachcrown interrupted him, already knowing how prickly the tom could be to everyone, she mewed, "Yes. Where did you see them last?" She asked, beginning to look around from the place where she stood. Acornnick decided to give this one up and follow Peachcrown's lead, this could possibly reward them at the end of the she-cat wanted to. Acornnick lowered his nose to the ground and investigated, hoping to find a trail fast so they could get on with their duties. The ice-cold leaf-bare breeze swept through their fur, causing both Peachcrown and Furzetuft to shiver unexpectedly. Winter hadn't been hard yet but with the quickly coming snow that began around this time... it was for sure going to get harder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peachcrown lowered her gaze as her ears flattened against her head. "And... the sickness already too the life of Queen. Blossomfleck is going strong, still, but has become even more prone to be aggressive. Which is tearing all of her friends apart." Acornnick nodded slowly, hating to allow his patrol partner to show her true feelings and thoughts about their clan's personal situation. "But we can handle it." He added firmly, shooting her a glance made of warning. Peachcrown hushed herself but stared back at him intently. She turned back to the cats who stood before them. "We best get back to camp." She mewed, looking up to the sky and noticing the sun was mid-way through the bright blue void. It had been nearly exactly a day since they left camp last, Tansystar would worry if they didn't appear soon. "It was wonderful meeting you but we must head out."

Acornnick blinked at them, his prickly demeanor gently resting aside, "Before we go, what are your names?"

(not writing much today unfortunately, not much motivation)

[ 300 words ]

--cats on patrol
Peachcrown | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: N
Acornnick | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N
[url=cat url]name[/url] | pronouns | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
[url=cat url]name[/url] | pronouns | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 5
experience: 462/650

--inventory
1x Scraps = 1 FP per
2x Bug Piles = 1 FP per
1x Mouse = 2 FP per
1x Vole = 2 FP per
1x Eagle = 5 FP per

1x Celandine ll 2x Deadly Nightshade ll 1x Daisy Leaf ll 1x Goatweed ll 4x Bindweed ll 3x Yarrow ll 3x Tansy ll 2x Blackberry leaves ll 3x Cobweb ll 1x Comfrey root ll 2x Elders Leaves ll 1x Broom ll 1x Ragwort ll 2x Mallow leaf ll 2x Mint ll 1x Goldenrod ll 3x Poppy seeds ll 1x Willow bark ll 2x Stinging nettle ll 1x Lovage ll 1x Hawkweed ll 1x Lamb's Ear ll 1x Holly Berry ll 1x Willow Leaf ll 2x Sorrel ll 2x Thyme ll 1x Burdock Root ll 1x Catmint ll 1x Borrage Leaves ll 1x Lavender ll 1x Feverfew ll 1x Chickweed ll 2x Coltsfoot ll 1x Fennel ll 1x Death Berry ll 1x Foxglove Seeds ll 1x Marigold
-- items being used
n/a
I want to risk death!
Username: bunnoblizzard
Clan link: archive <3
hi hi!! i'm ivyy. but you can call me isabella or bella <3

she/her - virgo - owner of two cats and three dogs - previous bun mom - animal enthusiast - equestrian

credit to iceycrushed for making my avatar for my use only <3
ivyy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[054.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:24 am

TAILLESS COMET !!
    x( 0zero0 archive last post )

Even the lingering tension in the air didn’t quell the angel’s song ─ a winter lullaby touched with the chime of silver bells and kissed with ivory frost gently dancing from the skies above.

Snowbell inclined her head, soaking in the lyrical cadence of Dream’s little melody. A melody like the chorus of mythical creatures; a song of enchanted mystery and capricious magic. Her paws flicked aside snow, burrowing past the deep banks for the treasures that lay beneath. Dried fragrant treasures imbued with a sweet aroma. (+1 ragwort, +1 coltsfoot)

The song dropped an octave, thrumming into the lower notes. Notes emblazoned with the promise of dark days… like the beating of a drum swelling behind the scenes with promises to steal the show.

And it seemed… trouble had already arrived.
    But the dragons were nowhere to be seen.

Twin hills revealed nothing. Not a flash of movement from the patrol, nor a soft snarl of warning. Nothing.
    She and DreamCloud were on their own. For now.

The devils advanced.

An enemy patrol of ivory cats, their muzzles twisted with the flicker of shadows and fangs glinting as if a double-edged sword. Every movement calculated, every step precise… and their eyes focused on their targets.

Her throat was dry. Too dry.

“Don’t.” A soft plea, an attempt to reason. “Look… what do you want? Is there something─”

Harsh, cacophonous laughter exploded, a breathless sputter. The tallest of the toms turned, pale empty eyes locking with hers. “What do you think, cat?” His claws scrawled a lazy circle in the snow. “You name it, we want it. Food, herbs… territory. Snow Wrath is hardly kind to us, rogue─”

And the tables turned.

Snow exploded in a flurry of ivory sparks and claws clashed against stone. Shadows spiralled, scrawling across stone skimmed with the slither of snarls seething with warnings of ire. Crimson tainted ivory, running along the snow… to the rhythm of devils fleeing in the presence of brilliant light.

A single gold eye met hers, glinting with unspoken triumph. GreyFox.

Her muzzle curled into a faint smile.

The dragons had come through… and just in time.
    But not without its consequences.

Her smile faded as GreyFox bit back a hiss, jaws clenched. The spell of the skirmish had shattered and with it… the dreaded aftermath. She stepped close, catching the tom with her shoulder. “GreyFox. Are you─ oh, your… your side.” (-15% health for greyfox!)

“... the others seem to be fine, sugar.” Dream’s soft voice swirled close, a comforting presence. Her brows pinched. “But he needs some help. Now.”

GreyFox has been injured! He needs one herb (any type!)
    to prevent further health loss and return to patrol!

xx
    totals

xxxx↳ scatteredsoul (10% hunger), ripplesong (20% hunger), solumnblossom (20% hunger)
    xxxxxdreamcloud (20% hunger), snowbellfall (20% hunger), greyfox (20% hunger)

xx-15% health for greyfox
    xxxx↳ greyfox (85% health)

xxxp stats (opted out for death)
    xxxx↳ +40XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent, +10XP for healing
    xxxxxx+2XP for herbs, +20XP for "winter" codeword

xx+no prey </3
    xx+1 ragwort, +1 coltsfoot

xxsickness stats
    xxxx↳ ripplesong (not sick!)

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +82XP → level 2 (315/300) → level 3 (15/400XP)

xxImagecongrats! you've reached level three and received an additional +2FP (your choice!), +2 herbs (your choice!) and +1 nr myo!
    x
    notes: hi! i hope your day is going well! this is a small thing (so don't stress at all, ahh!) ─ please make sure to update the links to your 'last explore post' + 'last response received' for future explore posts! it just makes things a little easier for the writers when writing replies! everything else is absolutely perfect! <33
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .sins. » Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:01 am

I'm picking my own!
new prey:
bugs, worms, scraps, fish eggs, bird eggs, weasel | 1 FP
mouse, vole, shrew, small fish, crabs, ermine| 2 FP
minnow, squirrel, little brown bat, muskrat | 3 FP
rabbit, bird, owl, falcon, marten | 4 FP
hawk, eagle, vulture, otter, marmot | 5 FP
new predators:
Lynx, Coyote, Grey Wolf, Red Fox, Artic Fox, Golden Eagle, Bald Eagle, Wolverine, Fisher, Mink
Would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list?No
.sins.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[055.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:03 pm

OCEANCLAN !!
    x( bunnoblizzard archive last post )

A lyrical laugh danced through the air, imbued with a fierce warmth.

Gold eyes met his, alight with the tango of flames, crackling with gentle amusement. In another world, perhaps she’d wield the flames themselves, those frolicking, finicky creatures with an arcane grace, bestowing warmth to all. The stranger’s muzzle creased into a light smile, eyes… still dancing.

Acornnick’s head lifted. “What is it?”

“We’re close.” Her loose curls bounced with the breeze as she clambered up a loose log. “I can sense it. He’s around here somewhere.” She rested a tail on his shoulder. “Just… relax. We’ll find him. Here, a friend once told me that these help those two-legs to wind down after a rough day.” A small wink. “Maybe it’ll help you. Or perhaps a friend of yours.” (+1 chamomile, +1 elder leaves)

His brows furrowed. “Where did you━”

She chuckled. “You could say I know a thing or two about secret stashes. Turns out, all sorts of those critters out and about have their own little hiding spots. Foxes, birds… and you can’t forget those mischievous little chipmunks. The holes they dig during the greenleaf━ ah, here! Something of interest for you, no doubt!”

A dark bundle of fur landed at his paws. And caught within its fur… a single ivory claw, nicked from moons of wear and tears. Moons spent in battle against a foreign enemy or in defence of a lover. A final remnant of a soul who once walked these lands, but was now no more. (+2FP mouse, +1 common myo!)

“... there’s something here.” Peachcrown waved a tail, gesturing to a thicket of dark brambles. Soft green eyes darkened a shade, mingling with the shadows scaling the trees around. She shook her head, voice hushed. “It doesn’t look good.”

His heart dropped.

Scarlet tainted the thorns of the bramble bush, snared with slivers of silver tufts. And amidst it all, a musky scent, one that burned his nose… enough to send tingles down his spine. The stranger’s friend had been in trouble ━ tangling with a creature never to be reckoned with. A bear.

His gaze lingered, tracing the heavy imprints along the dirt. He couldn’t have gone far. Those tracks… he was walking with a limp. If he could just track them━

A light cough sent his head snapping up.
    Unless that friend was already here. Hiding.

And what better place to hide than amidst a thicket of thorns?

Peachcrown’s gaze mirrored his, arched with a steel determination. A certain thoughtfulness. Her head tilted, tail drifting to a small opening in the thicket. “There?”

He nodded. “I’ll check.”

Squaring his shoulders, he lowered himself close to the ground, easing through the opening. Thorns sprung to life, biting, at the unwelcome intrusion. Their claws burrowed into his fur, catching along his belly. A low hiss slipped from his jaws as he pulled aside, batting at the stubborn thorn. (-4% health for acornnick ━ no herbs or rest needed to return to patrol!)

But there.

Beyond the tangle of thorns and loose vines lay a fallen form. A soul in deep slumber… kissed by the claws of a monstrous creature. But alive.

“Is he alright?” Soft, lyrical words laced with an unmistakable sense of dread. The stranger’s gold eyes lowered a touch, paws tapping an anxious rhythm against the ground. “Is he━”

"He's okay." Acornnick cleared his throat. “He just needs help. Uh... maybe some herbs?”

Furzetuft's friend has been found! He appears to be in need of assistance after his unfortunate tangle
    with a bear and requires one herb to heal! Does the patrol aid him or turn him away?

xx
    totals

xxxx↳ peachcrown (30% hunger), acornnick (20% hunger)

xx-4% health for acornnick
    xxxx↳ acornnick (96% health)

xxxp stats (opted in for death)
    xxxx↳ +40XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent, +20XP for "winter" codeword
    xxxxxx+4XP for prey, +4XP for herbs, +2XP for item find

xx+2FP mouse
    xx+1 chamomile, +1 elder leaves

xxitem finds
    xxxx↳ +1 common myo

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +90XP → level 5 (552/650XP)

xxImage
    x
    notes: n/a, thank you for linking to your patrol's oekaki pages! <3
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

── ✧✧ explore !! ))

Postby faelyn » Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:57 pm

xx
┌─────────┐

└─────────┘
    lavender tresses fluttering into the shadows like a hummingbird dancing among the laurel trees, duskflame was gone, and she was still here.
    alone in paradise… almost- not really.

because, fennel was still here, their voice still luminescent in the silence.

ah.” like crystalline sunsets trapped within a tiny bottle, sparkling, golden eyes brightened as a dainty, little blossom unfurled at their paws. “that’s awfully generous of you.. what was this called again? goldenrod? chickweed?”

“it’s actually a dandelion.”

a light, booming laugh bloomed at his lips, a laugh that seemed almost as radiant as a little, crooked grin adorned his features with a grace that seemed almost startling. “right! a dandelion! that’s what i was thinking of!”

it wasn’t long until their lopsided grin dwindled like a falling star in the night, like the morning’s star bowing down to the moon. “i best get going.. i can’t keep my friend waiting.”

“your friend sounds eager to meet you.”

“ah, yes. she is.” gold petals softly falling as the stranger clasped the little flower between ivory fangs, ever-so gentle as their eyes wavered from the delicate flower to her. “well, i wish you all the best in the future ahead. maybe we’ll see each other again?”

“i hope so…” a pause fluttered by, before words bloomed upon her lips once more. “goodbye, fennel!”
    then, they were gone, enchanted away by the shadows.

now... she was truly alone. alone when the shadows falling apart, caving in like oceans fabricated of nightmares. nightmares embellished with a phantom songbird’s call, and the darkness like swans, coming close.

too close.

it seemed almost crippling, crippling as the phantom songbird call rose to a crescendo, a rustle that seemed almost deafening in the silence.
    “duskflame? is that you?”

nothing.
    reality seemed to fall apart. the earth beneath her toes, now fragile, as knotted fingers cast down by trees fashioned of thistles and thorns became shards of glass sent by the unseeable shadows. walking nightmares that sauntered the delicate steps of ballet across the forest on a quest to break her soul and steal her heart from her chest.
    and it seemed.. they were succeeding as the earth crumpled apart, giving way beneath her.

her lips parted… but only a butterfly silence adorned them.
    (-2hp [shoulder wound] for sootstar! no herbs required!)

brittle fingers of rubies and rot were coiled all around her, suffocating like a nest braided of nightmares tangled at her throat as words refused to bloom in the screaming silence. a silence that shattered her entire soul in ways that she never thought they could be shattered.

she was choking, choking on the breath of the devil alone. choking on the decaying fumes of pale skulls.. corpses of souls that were long gone, whisked away until they were nothing more than mere ivory glints that poisioned the serenity of every moment and… fiery opals that bled through the pastels of the mist. fiery opals that shone with the essence of a squirrel. one that no longer pranced across the earth.
    (+1fp [scraps], +1fp [scraps], +1fp [scraps], +3 exp)

but, to mark where the little critter had fallen, a lantern glistening with the light of a thousand fireflies shone, illuminating a little note that seemed almost enchanting in the midst of the shadows.

a little note that hung by a dainty twine, with dark curls and slants embellished upon it, weaved together into scrawled and barely legible letters.

told you i would offer something in return!
    - fennel

(+1 common edit given by fennel!)

“sootstar?” as wide as the twinkling planets that would gaze down from above, the gentle thud of footsteps resonated along the emptiness of the rot and rubies. footsteps that belonged to duskflame alone. “oh- what happened? are you alright?”

“don’t worry, duskflame.. i- just got startled, that’s all. took a little tumble, but i found a couple things!” a smile bejewelled her features, lighting up like a firefly in the dark as withered leaves and budding flowers laced the ivory of her claws. “come on, let’s head back to camp… together.”
    (+1 blackberry leaves, +1 chamomile, +1 honey, +1 catchweed, +4 exp)
┌────────────────────────────────────────┐

totals;;
// +10% hunger for the entire patrol // +3fp // +1 blackberry leaves, +1 chamomile, +1 honey, +1 catchweed
// level 0 (94/100) -> level 1 (41/200) //

congrats! you levelled up! <3 +1fp (of your choice), +50 sd!

words written exp;; + 15 exp
patrol exp;; + 10 exp
food + herb exp;; + 3 + 4 exp
additional exp;; 15 exp [for npc quest]
death opt;; no
total exp;; + 47 exp

└────────────────────────────────────────┘
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery