Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Quest Board

Postby ivyy. » Mon May 17, 2021 1:38 am

Username: bunnoblizzard
Clan link: Ocean Clan
Prompt: "Alright apprentices and kits, gather 'round." Tansypetal spoke softly but authoritatively as her younger clanmates gathered around. "Let me tell you about the story of the epic apprentice." She chuckled as Riverkit squeaked and wiggled her rump excitedly. "The epic apprentice is a Story about an apprentice called 'Kilopaw'. Kilopaw was a young tom who loved to go on sneaky adventures but one day he went for his daily adventures after his mentor told him not to and got attacked by a badger! The moral of the story is-" The younger members of the clan spoke in synchronous. "Listen to your mentors and elders." The myth came from an old tale from Tansypetal's murderous ex-clan Stormclan.

Prompt: wip

Prompt: It's actually quite smeared! No one knows where Tansypetal came from, not even her ex-clanmates know! She was found by a now passed leader as a rouge kit in Stormclan's old territories! Tansypetal is assumed to be half rouge-half kittypet due to the black marking of numbers on the back of her neck.
hi hi!! i'm ivyy. but you can call me isabella or bella <3

she/her - virgo - owner of two cats and three dogs - previous bun mom - animal enthusiast - equestrian

credit to iceycrushed for making my avatar for my use only <3
ivyy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

quests 1 2 & 3

Postby beebun » Mon May 17, 2021 4:27 am

Username: beebun
Clan link: foxclan & the pirates
Prompts:

Tell me about a myth your clan has, you can draw or write about this prompt.
    Who tells the clan about this myth? When did it start? Is there some sort creature involved in this myth?

a little blue kit bounded up to maple, an excited and pleading expression on his face. ‘ mami, can you tell a story, pwease? ’ he said in his kittenish accent, eyes growing wide. his little tail rapidly flicked back and forth behind him, a habit he had inherited from teadrip. the kitten sat down, staring at maple with his big, adorable kitten-blue eyes. thump, thump, thump, his tail was hitting the floor now. thump, thump. maple sighed, sitting down as well.
      ‘ fine, but no interruptions. and we might as well get lobstar here too, she likes stories too, you know. ’ maple look sternly at her kit, azi. it had just occurred to her that foxstar had talked to her and her siblings like that once. ‘ lobstarr!! ’ a little kit poked her nose from inside a coiled up rope, ears and tail following. her little blue eye blinked and then a smile crept into her furry face, her overgrown fangs showing. ‘ come here, azi wanted a story, would you like to listen? ’ lobstar didn’t say much, like usual. she still wasn’t good at social things, but she nodded, jumping out of the rope and then turning around to stare in at something inside. maple and azi knew enough to guess that she was fussing over her lobster. a few seconds later lobstar was sitting next to azi, both blinking at maple with blue eyes. maple smiled, her eyes lighting up with happiness. these moments were what she lived for. ‘ I used to live in a clan, it was called foxclan. squashpaw is from there as well- ’
      lobstar launched into conversation ‘ is that why he has such a weird name? did you have a weird name? why does he want to go back so much? the sea is so much better than land! ’ lobstar was usually silent, but every once and a while talked in short bursts.
      maple stared at her with fiery eyes, and for a second the ship seemed silent. ‘ shhh! ’ the warden growled, adding softer, ‘ yes, no. more. questions. ’ she said, green eyes narrowing, and her tail slowing flicking behind her. ‘ now, let’s continue... ’
      ‘ in foxclan, we were told stories of a freshwater siren who only sung to kits. she would draw them to the water with promises of love and warmth, but instead they got a cold, wet death! ’
      lobstar and azi shrunk back, obviously intrigued, though slightly scared. ‘ it was said that she once used to be a rouge with a beautiful litter of kits. all of their coats were as blue as yours, azi. almost as blue as the depths of the sea.. and their eyes, the color of the night sky. they lived happily, for a while. but then a group of rouges came, they killed her kits. she was heartbroken, without a will to live. she threw herself at the lake and died there. in her rage and sadness her spirit transformed into a monster, a siren. the she-cat, now siren, sung out in pain every night, but only kits could hear her song. she draws them near because they bring back the memories of her life, of her kits, of her love, and they soften her cold heart for a moment before they die.. ’ the two kits were clinging to her fur and shivering now, and maple realized that it was raining. she had been to wrapped up in the story to notice. maple turned to the kits and mrowed, ‘ let’s get inside, you’ll get sick out in this rain. ’ azi nodded, he wasn’t fond of rain at all, but lobstar just stared at the sky, smiling. maple would never get that kit. the orange she-cat got up and slowly herded the two kits under deck into the warmer areas.
      the small group was soon under the deck where teadrip was. ‘ mama! mama! mami was tell us about a freshwater siren! ’ azi said, scurrying up to teadrip, who was about to pounce on a mouse when he came. azi stared at teadrip with a goofy and happy expression. teadrip glanced at him slightly annoyed, but her face softened at azi after a moment.
      ‘ we’re talking about sirens? those are seacat tales, my mum told me about them all the time when I was a kit! one time I thought I actually heard one. it’s call was beautiful.. ’ the she-cat drifted off, leaving the kits to wonder.
      maple smiled, shaking her head. ‘ enough fables for tonight. I’ll catch dinner. ’ she blinked and then glanced at teadrip, then to the kits before leaving.
      maple hummed a old nursery rhyme quietly as she stalked the rooms of the ship, searching for mice. her eyes flicked back and forth, searching for any sign of movement. down, down she could smell it, she just couldn’t see it. hunting on a boat was a much bigger hassle than land, the sea’s smell always interfered with her nose. deeper now. ah, a bird! maple was better at birds than other animals. cover your ears, the she-cat crouched down and slowly tiptoed to the prey. or you’ll over- maple pounced, swiftly landing on the bird. she picked it up and brought it back to her family, who enjoyed a nice, warm meal that night.

[ahhh I finally got to expand on a prompt I did a while ago~ C:]

Do any of your cats have any fears/phobias? You may only draw your response to this prompt.
      wip.

What does your founder's family tree look like? You may only write your response to this prompt.

foxstar was born to lily and jonah, a kittypet and a rouge. he had one sibling, butter, who had two kits before she passed, robin and oak. foxstar does not know that he has a nephew or a niece, and would happily accept them into the clan if he did. he wasn’t that close to his sister, but he still loved her.

foxstar had a brief fling before he started foxclan, resulting in three kits, maple, sequoiastep, and cacaobean. none of them know that the leader is their father, and just see him as their leader. maple ran off and started a group of her own with her mate, teadrip. foxstar worries about her, and doesn’t know that he currently has a grandchild named azi.

lily x jonah
      xxx|
      trick(foxstar) & butter
      xxx| xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxXxxxxxxxxxxxX \
      (foxstar’s) maplebark(maple), sequoiastep, cacaobean | (butter’s) robin, oak
      xxx|
      (maple’s) azi
Last edited by beebun on Tue May 18, 2021 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
beebun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby phantom-chain » Mon May 17, 2021 5:07 pm

Username: phantom-chain
Clan link: CaveClan
Prompts:

QUEST #1
Who tells the clan about this myth? When did it start? Is there some sort creature involved in this myth?

Smokyquartz hummed in thought before her ears perked up in thought. "There is one story Cavestar told us about."

"When Cavestar was young, still with his close-knit family, his grandmother told him of the Red Wolf. When the moon turns red and the sky turns dark, a black wolf goes on the hunt. His fur as dark as night, a silouhette to the blood red sky. Supposedly his eyes glow red. I don't know if I believe him but he swears he's seen it before. Terrified him. Poor guy is absolutely horrified by wolves. He'll panic at the mere smell. Don't know what scares him so much. We have only ever smelled one! But that's the story of the Red Wolf. Glowing eyes, dark fur, blood moon. Spooky to say the least."

QUEST #2
Do any of your cats have any fears/phobias? You may only draw your response to this prompt.

Smokyquartz may not understand a fear of wolves, but she is terrified of foxes!

QUEST #3
What does your founder's family tree look like? You may only write your response to this prompt.

Cavestar came from a very close-knit family. When he separated from them, he chose to carry their legacy and stories with him. The story of the Red Wolf, and many other Appalachian creatures he and his family have seen.

He's lived in the mountains for a long time, and so his family is all named after mountainous creatures and features. His direct parents, his mother Valley, and father Isthmus, cared for him and his siblings. His brother Delta, and his sister Hill. The five of them lived together with Isthmus' mothers, Mesa and Blizzard. Valley hadn't seen her parents in moons and was happy to join the small group to live with.

Blizzard used to say that they had all descended from an old, old clan once known as CaveClan. They had a connection to the dead through ancient gems and crystals they found in caves, it's where they got their name from. And ultimately what inspired Cave when he finally came out and realized he was trans. Cave soon had a dream that called him to a nearby mountain range in order to revive the clan. His parents told him not to go, but Blizzard told him to go one night. If their ancestors called for him, he had to go.

Cavestar loves his family and hopes to one day bring them to CaveClan himself.

[226 words]
Call me Phantom or Elliot, either or.
Come commission me and get a cute pixelated cat! Dogs can work too!

ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImage

"You flare, you flicker, you fade, and all your tomorrows become yesterdays"
-Megatron, MTMTE

ImageImageImageImageImage
phantom-chain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby I Like Bees » Sun May 23, 2021 5:05 am

Mark
Stars Bagel TH hi
they/them CDT
I Like Bees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SushiFoxx » Sun May 23, 2021 5:30 am

Username: SushiFoxx
Clan link: https://toyhou.se/Sushifox/characters/folder:2183891
Prompt 1:
Most of the elders had to do with this myth but nobody will say EchoStar didn't help a bit just for fun. The elders believe that before Echostar founded the clan it used to be owned my rouges,dogs and any other wild life. It is believed that they guided Echostar to this territory by blocking out other paths she could have taken. And because they did this she is now here, with her own clan and if they hadn't everybody would be lost and relationships would never have formed. They will say the animals left after that to go find another place to live. Every cat in the clan has heard this story to many times to count but the kits and apprentices love listening. It helps them feeling as though this was meant to happen
Prompt 2:
Prompt 3:
Grandpa -|- grandma Grandpa - | - grandma
Mom---------------------|---------------------Dad Aunt
Milly,Oliver,Echostar
EchoStar didn't have a very big family and this is as far back as she can track
Lights: Off <3
Hello!
DA
csds!
Discord is ArcticFox#0652 for contact!
Goal; 0/250c$
"You'll miss a opportunity for every chance you don't take"
SushiFoxx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swishy & Broken » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:24 pm

"Just a friendly reminder to all my clan friends, my quests only have 10 days left!

please do your best to complete your work over the course of the next week !

Image Image Image

°°°°°
xxxxx Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0

Want some art?
Currently: drawing cats

❀ ✿ ❀
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi!
you can call me swishy, i use she/her
pronouns. i work full time at a senior
living facility and live a quiet, content
life with my fiancée and two cats. i
check cs every day, so don't feel shy
about giving me a poke <3 !!

Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iStarz & Everly » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:03 pm

Username: iStarz & Everly
Clan link: ShiverClan
Prompt: ShadeStar's family tree!

EaglePelt(father) + SparrowSong(mother; deceased)
》Screech Of Mighty Eagle(brother)
- no mate
》ThunderSnow(brother)
- mated to IvyLeap
> offspring; TalonFeather
- TalonFeather is mated to ShadeFrost; no kits
ShadeStar
- mated to WillowStripe
> offspring; WinterMist, LilySplash, & Echo That Fades
- WinterMist is mated to JaggedClaw; no kits
- LilySplash is mated to HawkFrost; they have 1 kit named RussetPaw
- Echo is unmated

SparrowSong's mother was originally from the tribe, named SwiftWater, her father is unknown, but suspected to be from the tribe. SwiftWater's ancestry can be traced back to ShiverClan's original founder, Shiver.

EaglePelt's father was named FlintCloud and his mother was named AshStep.
iStarz & Everly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby miraphoenix » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:19 am

Username: miraphoenix
Clan link: Havenclan
Prompt:
QUEST #1

Excited from the previous tale, a small cluster of kits clambered across the elder cat’s scarred paws, trying to get closer as if physical proximity would grant them a better understanding of the story to come.

“Another, another!” they cried, and the light of the moon overhead caught in their eyes.

Trouttail gave a wry grin, the old tom’s lopsided ears twitching as he thought.
“Another, eh? Well, if you insist…”

There was another scrambling of small paws and stubby tails as the kits fell into position to listen, and a shifting in the hollow of Forest’s Heart as apprentices and adult cats alike came over to hear the storyteller’s words. Looking over the assembled crowd of cats, Trouttail cleared his throat and began.

“Perhaps tonight, I shall tell the story of how our lands came to be,” he started, with a smile.

“Long ago, before the forest grew, there were two clans, gifted immense power by the spirits of the world.
One clan, the clan of earth, strode the world with a firmness and a presence that could not be denied; rocks broke at their gesture, and mountains rose at their command. The other clan, the clan of water, slipped beneath the waves or ran over the cresting tops with the grace of seabirds and seals; water rushed into their footsteps, and mighty waves were brought by their calls.
Here, in the place we now live, these two clans came into contact with each other, each seeking to claim the land as their own.

“Well, the leaders of these clans had power enough that they did not believe they had to talk like the common cats. The leaders came to meet each other upon the flat ground between the sea and the mountains, and each demanded the other give way. Do you think either did?”

A chorus of “No!” rose from the assembled kits, and the storyteller gave a raspy laugh, scooping one overly-exuberant kit back up from where they had fallen off of his paws.

“But you are right, of course. Demands turned into threats, and the two clans parted as enemies, each vowing to force the other from the flat land, full of game and salmon. Each clan sent their mightiest warriors, seeking to send the other clan running.
From the earth clan came cats whose footfalls carved valleys, who could raise a mountain with a gesture. Tongues of liquid rock flowed like rivers and scorched the earth, directed by cats who danced and shifted to bend the might of the earth to their will. Water boiled and was thrown aside by immense rocks and islands, and the earth roared against the ocean.
Seeing this gesture of force, the water clan responded in kind, with warriors who ran across the waves and whipped the peaks into enormous heights, slamming down across the land to wash away the mud and debris. Intrepid water clan warriors snuck past the mountain stronghold of the earth clan and brought a raging river forth, scraping a jagged gouge through the heart of the mountains.”

As Trouttail spoke, they gestured in broad strokes, painting in shifting shadows upon the walls of the hollow. The kits sat spellbound, watching the shapes that danced in the moonlight, held captive by its songs.

“The two clans fought with ferocity and power, and matched each other strike for strike until only the leaders remained standing, exhausted but unwilling to back down.
Seeing the destruction and the violence being brought forth with the powers they had granted, the spirits of the land were distraught, and swept down to the land below.

“Alighting before the leaders of the two clans, the spirits took the form of enormous ravens as they separated the fighting cats with currents of air and magic. On the shore of the flooded river, the spirits declared this land sacred and that no cat would ever be permitted to fight over it again; the only clan that would live on this land would be the clan that was invited, and invited others in turn.

“With a wave of their wings, the clans of water and earth were swept in two directions, the water cats being swept to a distant island over the sea, and the earth cats far inland over the mountains. The spirits spread out across the battle-scarred land, transforming the torn surface into a lush forest with trees that reached up towards the sky and held the clouds in their branches. When the work was complete, magic hung thick in the air and a new spirit flowed forth, manifesting in the form of an enormous cedar in the heart of the new forest—”

“Is that Forest’s Heart?” a kit interrupted, realization in their wide eyes.

Trouttail smiled and gave the enthusiastic youngster an approving nod.
“You are correct, young Sculpinkit,” he answered, gesturing around with a paw. “The vast, sacred cedar now forms our home. We were invited to live here, and here we remain, guests and protectors of our forest and their spirits. We will not instigate fights with those at our borders, but instead will invite them to dine with us and to welcome them. Should strangers to our clan provoke a fight, we will rise to protect the sacredness of our home. As members of Havenclan, this is our vow!”

Inspired by the old storyteller’s words, the kits at Trouttail’s paws chimed in with agreement and affirmations of their own, alight with pride. As the clan’s queens came to gently usher the youngsters off to sleep deeper in the hollow, Trouttail’s ears twitched as he heard their squeaky voices telling and retelling parts of the story. A flicker of a grin crossed the ancient tom’s face as he settled into his own nest.

“A good story, Trouttail.”
The voice was Hawkstar’s, and the storyteller looked up to see the clan’s leader padding over. He shifted to allow the leader space to sit at his side, welcoming them in.

“So, what became of the ancient clans, who were swept to the far winds?” they asked, curious as to their fate. Hawkstar was thinking of the magics held by some members of neighboring clans; cats that could run across the water, or raise the stones with a word, or who could talk to the ancient dead.

Trouttail just chuckled.
“Some say they are still out there. They were beloved by the spirits long ago, after all, and their powers were tempered only by their own humility. But the hour is late, Hawkstar, and these bones are old. I will see you at sun’s light.”

With that, the old tom curled up and went to sleep, leaving the leader with a swirling cloud of questions as they too curled to rest in the ancient tree. They knew answers would come when they were needed most, and found sleep easily, welcomed in with the scent of cedar and the sound of a raven high above.

[1161 words]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
QUEST #2

Rainforest ecology doesn't always play nice with wildfire, and rainforest cats are wise to fear it...
(Cedarwhisker is terrified of wildfire!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
QUEST #3

“Hawkstar?”

The leader of Havenclan looked up and over their shoulder, finding the curious voice sitting behind them in the shredded bark that carpeted the inside of Forest’s Heart. The voice’s owner was Maplepaw, the curious, soft-spoken apprentice healer, and Hawkstar smiled at the young cat.

“Yes, Maplepaw? Is something on your mind?” they asked, gesturing forward with a paw, welcoming the apprentice towards them.
“I… Yes, actually,” she murmured, voice soft and uncertain, and Hawkstar leaned forward to hear her words before they were swallowed by the soft cedarwood.
“It’s true that you came from the sea, right? Or from somewhere beyond the sea?”

The question took Hawkstar by surprise, and they sat for a moment as memories rolled back in like the waves that had carried them to shore what felt like a lifetime ago.

“You heard correctly, Maplepaw,” they replied after the long moment.
“I was born far from here, in a land south of here, of sun, and of humans.”

“Humans?” the apprentice asked, her curiosity outweighing her nervousness at talking to the leader of the clan.
She knew what humans were; rarely, during the salmon runs, or when the herring came to the shore to spawn, smoke would appear on the horizon to herald the arrival of enormous contraptions that floated upon the waves, that Hawkstar and Willowmask called ‘boats’. When the humans were around, Hawkstar would often go on patrols to the shoreline, and when Maplepaw had asked her mother, Cedarwhisker had explained Hawkstar was looking for lost cats, arriving on the waves in the way the clan’s leader had arrived.
“So you were a kittypet? Did you have a family there?”

Hawkstar was silent for a long moment, and Maplepaw shrank inward, worried she had said something wrong. Seeing her distress, Hawkstar reached out to rest a paw on the young cat’s paw, a gentle smile on their face.

“It has been many moons since I spoke of them, but yes, I did have a family,” they answered, before settling to continue the story, Maplepaw hanging on their every word.
“Well, parents and littermates, at least; I was young when I left for the sea, too young to have kits of my own. My siblings were… Well, they were siblings,” Hawkstar continued with a laugh. “I’m sure you know what that’s like, Maplepaw.”

Maplepaw just nodded with a soft, wry smile, thinking of her siblings and the pranks the trio would play on each other, or on other Havenclan cats. She was sure Fogpaw was going to get her and Salmonpaw back soon for their last ambush, but that was something to think of some other time.

But Hawkstar was continuing on, and the apprentice hung on their every word.
“We all had kittypet names, of course. My name back in the day was Ochre, for my orange-red coat, and then there was Melon; he had a gorgeous cream coat, and his broken stripes reminded us all of a fruit the humans liked to have. Heather was my sister, and was as sweet as her name; all pale lilacs and creams.”
“And then there was Pine, and they were a trickster; they were a thick wood-brown, with big bright eyes and white on their paws, but they loved to hide themself in the shadows and jump out at you…” Hawkstar’s voice trailed off, and by the twitching of their paws, Maplepaw was sure that they were remembering past playfights and wrestles with their siblings.

“What about your parents? What were they like?” she asked in her soft voice, and was rewarded with a genuine smile.

“My parents… Well. My siblings and I, we lived with our mother’s human. Our mother’s name was Tabitha, and our father was a blue mackerel tabby who lived down the street; I think his name was Hackey Sack. Humans give strange names to cats.

“I remember more of my mother than my father; she was kind, and her fur was soft. When Pine and I were young, we were amazed that she was the same colors as both of us, and she thought that was the funniest thing any cat could say. Of course we were like her, she would say to us. We came from her, after all!”

Hawkstar paused for a long moment, with a faint smile on their face.
“For my grandparents, I never knew them. All the world was on that street to me, until we lost our kitten blue eyes. Then Melon and Pine went to live with the humans next door, and Heather went the next street over. If my mother had more kits, I do not know them.
As far as I know, I went the farthest in my family; the humans who were once mine lived on a ship, a small one. I learned to hunt catching mice in the bilge and the cargo hold, and it was all told a happy enough life?

“But I wouldn’t trade being here for all the stars in the sky. Come on, Maplepaw; I think I hear Surfpelt and Lichenstep coming back with your siblings. Maybe they’ve brought something nice home!” Hawkstar finished, standing and ushering the apprentice from the tree. Memories were nice, but nothing could match the lived experience of the present.

[881 words]
miraphoenix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xem » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:21 am

Username: xem
Clan link: Cats of the High Mountains
Prompt:
QUEST #1

A young kit shuffled towards the vast looking mouth of a cave, the dark opening ominous. The kit already stood within a cave, the cave of the leader's den. But within his own cave, resided another, more sinister looking opening. The smells were rather curious, and she couldn’t help but step a paw into the dark crevice.

A chuckle sounded behind her, causing the kit to flinch and whirl around, where Buckstar stood before her. The large tom grinned, “You shouldn’t tread in the Tombs of Eve, young one. Haven’t you heard the stories?” He asked, his voice suppressing a growl. The young kit was quivering slightly, and she shook her head in response.

Buckstar seemed rather appeased, “Sit down then little one, and take in the evening air. And I’ll tell you the story of Eve herself, who was a beautiful young cat, just like yourself. A gorgeous cat, with the mind of a devil. Everyone here knows the story, now it’s your turn.” He said, his voice low and treacherous. The leader sat down in front of the she-kit before continuing.

~

The Ghost of Eve

“Long long ago, the mountains were barren of life. The wind didn’t shake the branches of trees, the rain didn’t seep the bright grasses of spring. There were rocks, snow, and storms. The mountains were something of a death trap. That was, until, the mountain spirits blessed the location, from the highest peaks, to the lowest mountain bases. All the animal spirits that resided in the sky sent down life, creating a place for everyone to live. But, the cats did not live here yet. The wolves, the cougars, the rabbits, the mice, you see, they all did. Even more time passed before a group of nomadic cats found this place, led by a leader named Eve. She and her friends had broken away from the clan life, not agreeing with the lifestyles of their former kin. Eve led an uprising, but it was unsuccessful. So she and her followers were exiled from the clan. They ditched their clan names, and traveled far and wide under their new practices. But the cats seemed to be continuously struck with poor luck, and they struggled without the help of their former clan mates. But when they thought all hope was lost, their eyes set upon the mountains. The gorgeous mountains.

They were scared, of course. But Eve felt a spiritual connection from the mountains. The stars called down to her, and she listened. She could only be close to the stars if she and her friends went upwards. The others were skeptical, their pelts clinging to their bones, eyes sunken in. No one wanted to follow Eve up the mountain. But through her persuasive attitude, she and the others trudged upwards. They found clean water from the mountain's streams, and it was shocking how plentiful the prey was for being on such a vast mountain. The scents were incredible, and it was amazing how close the stars felt. And if you couldn’t tell already, they would make this wonderful place their home. They built the very thorn walls we have today, making this place luxurious. They prospered under Eve and her ideas. They created the rules about eating prey together, our religious prayers, and the new names for roles. There used to be warriors, apprentices, kits. One deputy, one leader, and one medicine cat. But now we have even more roles for everyone! One leader, two commanders, guardians, hunters, fishers, a healer, and a prophet. And of course, we kept the names for apprentices and kits.

Everything was wonderful. But, as any story, this peace did not last. Because everything was wonderful for a reason, and not for the reasons Eve may have thought. The truth was, one of her cats, named Dew, still held belief in her warrior ancestors. Dew was a small gray she-cat, humble and kind. And when she was discovered praying to them, you can imagine how upset Eve was. The once sweet and beautiful she-cat was compelled to spill blood. And so she did, as the others slept, Eve murdered Dew. Eve drug her body to the back of this very den, and into that hole there. The place we now call the tombs. Eve left Dew there, before returning, cleaning every ounce of blood from her paws. But the thunder clapped in the sky that night, tearing at trees and flooding the fresh lands of grass and rock. By morning, the skies were gray and unruly. Something was wrong, everyone knew. The cats turned to Eve for guidance, but she assured them everything would be fine. But as the amount of prey diminished, and the storms seemed to never end, the cats were fed up with the way they were living. But something even more strange began to occur. Eve began to experience dreams. Dreams that felt all too real, dreams of her warrior ancestors.

They screamed and yowled at her, for being so selfish. Their protection that the warrior ancestors had given them were all from Dew, the she-cat continually to pray to them. And as long as Dew lived, they would watch over them. It wasn’t just the mountain spirits looking over them. And the mother mountain spirit wasn’t always as forgiving as her original warrior ancestors were. Eve was sour with them, forcing them away. But they would not stop, until Eve would implement their former names into the clan. She denied them, over and over again. Until her cats began to die and become ill, she finally gave in. The warrior ancestors agreed to let the times of horror end. And she and her cats would never receive help from the warrior ancestors again. Eve agreed, and her dreams ended. She spoke with the masses, and everyone was given their new clan name. And just like that, the storms vanished, the grass grew, and the prey returned. But nothing was like it was before. The prey was never as plentiful, and the weather was never as nice. But it was enough to survive. The cats became strict on their rules, changing things up to be able to survive efficiently. Eve, who then became Evestar, was a good leader. Strict, but good. Things were never as good as they were before, but they still thrived despite the conditions.

Every evening, Eve was haunted by the ghost of Dew. Over and over, night after night. She told no one, fearing they would no longer see her as a good leader. Moons passed, and Eve aged. The haunting of Dew became worse. So worse, that the cats around her began to notice something was wrong. When she began to fight in her sleep, and tumble through the day as if someone was after her. It wasn’t until Evestar snapped and told the cats everything, about how she murdered Dew and hid the body, and why everything bad had happened. Evestar admitted how guilty she was, and how she hated the spirit of Dew following wherever she went. After her deranged speech, it was obvious no one wanted her as leader anymore.

But before anyone could make a sound, Evestar bolted away, to her den. But not just to her den, into the dark tombs. Never to return again. No one knew why she ran into them in such a violent way, or why she ever came out. Some think it was Dew, others think she couldn’t handle the pressure of leading them anymore. But what we do know is that Eve still walks the tunnels of the tombs. Abandoned by both the mountain spirits, and the warrior ancestors. But don’t you think a spirit can't hurt you. Because when cats head into those tunnels, they either never come back, or come running back with a horrified look in their eyes. Because Eve owns the tombs now, and she is a dark reminder of our past. We still cling to our former clan names, but we follow our mountain spirits in the stars. We are safe now, under their rather spontaneous protection.

And that’s the story of how we broke away from being a simple and civilized clan, and into the cats we are today. And why you should never, ever, head into those tombs. Because Eve will be waiting for you, blood on her muzzle, and claws out for revenge on those who dare follow her in.”

~

Buckstar was pleased to see the kit trembling after the story, chuckling even more. “Run along back to your den now, and be safe. Eve can’t hurt you, unless you enter her domain.” He said, watching as the she-kit soon ran back off to her sleeping cave.

Buckstar’s eyes gleamed in the night, as he laid down to take his own rest. He looked back towards the opening in the back of the cave, “Goodnight, Eve.” He purred, before lying his head down to sleep the night through.

┌──────┐

✧ artist
✧ guitarist

th
credit

└──────┘

i love my friends
xem
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swishy & Broken » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:15 pm

"Just a friendly reminder to all my clan friends, today is the last day you can turn in your quests for this round!

please do your best to complete your work over the course of the next day !

Image Image Image

°°°°°
xxxxx Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0

Want some art?
Currently: drawing cats

❀ ✿ ❀
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi!
you can call me swishy, i use she/her
pronouns. i work full time at a senior
living facility and live a quiet, content
life with my fiancée and two cats. i