Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby christine, » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:12 am

WillowClan
no previous posts!

A soft mist covered the ground as two bodies pushed through it. Their steps were heavy and well-placed, muscled with the experience of a lifetime of jumping through ill-formed territory. The first to step forward into the meadow was a thick, well-muscled tabby; her coat seemed to shimmer in the early morning air. Behind her was a sleeker, smaller tom. Daystripe sniffed the air.

"Fresh-kill is plentiful around here. Things are starting to return." She nodded, licking her paw. "I was worried that the fire would've stopped prey from coming back to the glen."

"Nature will always return to what it was meant to be." Minkstar dipped his head. The glen was lush and green, seemingly bearing no sign of any disaster. However, a closer look revealed fallen branches and scorched logs around the edges of the clearing.

"Come on, let's continue marking the borders. We should get back before sunhigh so the clan doesn't worry where we've been." He crouched, taking off through the grass and toward the other edge of the glen. "Keep an eye out for prey, as well. It would be good to bring some back from this area to show the clan it's ready again."

[ 174 words ]

-- cats on patrol
Minkstar | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: Y/N
Daystripe | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: Y/N

-- custom predators / prey
n/a
-- level 0
experience: 0
-- items in inventory used
n/a
-- active quests:
n/a
-- opted in to death?
yes/no
xxx
-- inventory
prey | 1 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

herb | x0
herb | x0
herb | x0
christine,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0142.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:39 am

SHORECLAN !!
    x( silentmelody archive last post )

Of all the things done for love… this was one of them.

It set her soul ablaze, heated with a fierce recklessness and unwavering passion. And it ran wild, electric through her veins, whipping right to the ends of her silver curls. Because love… was jealous. A blinding lust, creating fools from lovers. But it was also courage. It was grace. It was unfailing compassion and gentle strength, achingly vulnerable, but fierce. It was sacrifice.

And under the falling jade leaves and the ashen skies, Tempestslash didn’t hesitate.

Her claws struck true, smiting the soft underbelly of a brazen thief, armed with silver blades and ivory jaws. The badger screeched, a deafening shriek in her ears as it struggled under the force of battle. It was outnumbered five to one. Desperate.

And desperation was dangerous. The wild glint in the abyss of those eyes said enough, swimming with promises of vengeance. Dark eyes glittered, a final warning.

It attacked.

She whirled, sweeping under the arc of its claws. The phantom of those crooked claws whistled near her neck, but never touching. It was so close. Too close. But not good enough. A hiss slid through her jaws as those blades hit their mark, raking across her shoulder. (-3% health for tempestslash ━ no herbs or rest to return to patrol!)

The blow rippled, stinging. She reeled, a stumble in her step.

Around her, the others converged, filling where she faltered. Another swipe and slash from Tigershine and Streambrook provided a few precious seconds. A few seconds for her to recover. To find the soft spot near its neck. To find her footing. Her angle.

With a final nod from Blueberrynose, she lurched forward. The falling leaves above her head seemed to freeze, the world a canvas of muted colors bleeding at the ends, the ashen skies weeping with mist. And she struck.

The beast fell, dark eyes spiraling, flickering with the stars and galaxies and beyond, before fading to an eternal emptiness. Its head slumped against the grounds. Vanquished. (predator is defeated!)

Her chest swelled, head spinning. It was done. The clan, the kits and the elders were safe. Pearstorm was safe. Yet her heart thrummed, pounding in her ears, betraying her━

“You okay?” A soft touch rested along her shoulder. Blueberrynose. Her brows creased. “Your shoulder…”

“Fine.” Tempestslash snorted, tail flicking. Her nose scrunched as she drew back, sharp gaze narrowed. “Just a scratch, nothing of concern. Anyone else injured?”

“Don’t think so.” Tigershine tossed a wink, dusting himself off. His shoulders eased, loose and graceful as he nosed his mate, touch gentle. “Nope, don’t see any injuries. But I do see the badger’s loot. Good catch if you━” (+3FP quail, +3FP quail, +1FP minnow)

“Oh my stars, are you quite alright?” A new song joined the chorus, light, airy and… lyrical. Gold curls eclipsed the sun’s dwindling light as the stranger eased forward, cheeks rosy. “I-I saw the battle and… I feared someone would be dreadfully injured. I came over to help, but it looks like you all managed!” Her eyes shone. “But here, something for you. It’ll help with that shoulder.” (+1 alder bark)

“Who are you?” Tempestslash shifted, taking a deliberate step forward. Her jaw tightened. “Why are you here?”

“Oh!” A soft smile kissed the edges of the stranger’s muzzle. “I’m Furzetuft! I mean you no harm ━ I was just running some errands when I stumbled upon all this. I apologize if I startled you. It’s just…” A strained chuckle lingered on her tongue as she twined a loose strand of grass between her paw. She cleared her throat. “I was actually hoping you could help me out. I need some food for a friend of mine… they’re stuck at some ancient tomb, trying to solve a riddle. In my haste to help, I think… I forgot it."

Her head lifted, smile tentative. "Do you think you could help me out?”

Furzetuft has arrived! She's looking for 1FP to offer her friend a snack!
    Does the patrol aid her or turn her down?

xx
    totals

xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ tempestslash (40% hunger), embersnow (40% hunger), blueberry-
    xxxxx-nose (40% hunger), tigershine (50% hunger), streambrook (50% hunger)

xx-3% health for tempestslash (no herbs/rest needed to return to patrol)
    xxxx↳ tempestslash (97% health)

xxxp stats (opted in for death)
    xxxx↳ +60XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+14XP for prey, +2XP for herbs, +10XP for predator battle

xxprey + herb finds for patrol
    xx+3FP quail, +3FP quail, +1FP minnow
    xx+1 alder bark

xxitem finds
    xxxx↳ n/a

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +106XP → level 4 (175/500XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x

xxImagex
    notes: hi, sent you a pm! <33
──────────────────────────────────────────────────
Last edited by Vivika on Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ 𓆙 .003 ]

Postby eldritch hound » Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:19 am

██ 𓆙 𝙲𝚊𝚝𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 ██ lvl: 0 ─ exp: 95 | death opt in: yes | custom pred/prey: xx
    last explore: xx
    last explore reply: xx
    ███
    ███
    items used this post: none
    active quests: none active
    xx────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    the two silently made their way forward, moving deeper into the camp, treading lightly and trying their best
    to stay as down wind as possible, neither of the odd pair certain of what awaited them. they exchanged glan
    ces every so often, as if making sure the other was still there so as not to get separated. it was difficult to kn
    ow for sure if the odd pair were being as unnoticeable as they intended, the wind was all but non-existent a
    nd the humidity made what was left of any breeze heavy and stale.

they continued for a few paces before treasure motioned towards one of the abandoned buildings, not too far
    from the clearing in the centre of the camp, while treasure continued onwards, looking over his shoulder once
    so as to make sure that copia had nestled themselves in a little nook, difficult to see or be seen from, but easy
    to jump out of and attack if needs become thus.

treasure came to a stop, just after the edge of the clearing and made his presence know to the intruder, whom
    ever they may be. he wasn't unkind, per se, but he probably wasn't the most welcoming either, but he doubted
    neither his domination or the intruder would necessarily blame him. this random...who ever they were, had en
    tered into his domain, unannounced, and he wasn't exactly happy, even if their intentions were harmless.
    xx───────────────────────────────────────────────────────── words: 236 ───
    inventory:
    xxxxinsects | one food point | x 1
    xxxxamerican bullfrog | two food point | x 1
    xxxxwestern chipmunk | two food point | x 1

xxxxgoldenrod | x 1
    xxxxsweet sedge | x 1

patrolling cats:
    xxxxtreasure | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | sick: n
    xxxxcopia | they/them | HP 97% | HUP 0% | sick: n

I hope you don't mind I've taken the initiative to change the vole and mouse to my prey list that I
    posted about the first time I explored. they are the same amount of food points just different names
    etc (edited with fixed code, thank you vivid :) )
Last edited by eldritch hound on Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
eldritch hound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ~ 07 • Explore ~

Postby Whovian5EVA » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:34 pm

EXPLORE TITLE: ~ 07 • Explore ~
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

CRATERCLAN

Last Explore Post|Last Response Received

A note about the Emberstorm in this explore: She's an ancient cat and lived long before the cats that live in Craterclan. Eventually she'll die in explore and become the main face of Craterclan's Starclan. But for the moment she is separated from the modern cats. She is specifically Blossomheart's ancestor in terms of bloodlines. I'll be using *** to signal a change in time.

♦ ♦♦♦ ♦
Just as Sunfoot was about to turn and look for the rest of the patrol Dawnfeather appeared whispered in her ear "Just wait for them to be out of ear shot, we don't want to start anything tonight. Prey is plenty for us right now, they may need the extra hunting."  Sunfoot looked at Dawnfeather and saw only kindness in her eyes. Sunfoot glanced back at the strange warrior and saw how hungry they seemed she thought she might have even heard their stomach rumble from where she was. Sunfoot nodded and  both cats crept away from the stranger to not startle them.After a short time they met up with the rest of the patrol and began to make their way back towards the burrow. Dawnfeather somewhat hung back from the group, and Sunfoot guessed that it was because she wanted to make sure that the stranger wasn't following. Blossomheart and Snow seemed rather engrossed in their own discussion so Sunfoot ran ahead to catch up with her brother and Breezewing.By the time they reached the burrow, the sun just barely peeked over the horizon. Despite the fact that they'd made it home slightly early, they were all tired from the patrol  and all headed right to sleep. Sunfoot noticed  that the usually energetic Snow was somewhat quieter than usual, she assumed it was nothing, maybe he was just tired. Before long she drifted off to sleep.Dawnfeather headed towards the nursery, looking for Snowspark to let him know about the warrior that had strayed too far. When she arrived she almost couldn't find Snowspark under the pile of fur that had all fallen asleep together. She smiled as she decided it could wait until tomorrow. Four kits must be tiring! She thought to herself, she was glad they'd come to Craterclan, and if anything, it was helping Snowspark connect to his softer side.As she made her way back to her den she peered into the warriors den and noticed that Snow had moved his nest near Blossomheart's. She smiled to herself yet again, I'm glad things are turning out well for the moment, beginning this clan was the right choice. She fell asleep with a smile on her face that night.
The wind gusted across the red, sun-scorched earth. The rusty sand peppering the entrance to a tree hollow. Emberstorm blinked open her mismatched eyes, she uncurled her tail from around her paws. The desert night’s air, sneaking its way into her fur. The sudden cold made her shiver. She hopped out of her hollow hoping she would warm up soon enough. She sat for a moment admiring the picturesque scene laid out before her, the red sand almost purple in the moonlight, the pale trunks of her gum tree home a stark contrast against the depths of the night sky. Most of all the sparkling confetti that danced in the sky, the stars that pierced the night-time void. They shone down and almost spoke to Emberstorm. None of the other animals seemed to understand the way that the cats were so connected to the stars. She couldn’t explain it, but it felt special in a way that was special beyond most things. The moonlight highlighted her already pale eyes, and her fur sparkled under its glow. She looked nothing but beautiful in the soft light of the moon. However, despite her beauty a fire burned within her. She was strong and a fighter. Life could be hard out here for a cat on their own and she’d only gotten this far through sheer willpower. Emberstorm was beautiful but not weak. She was strong and she’d proved that time and time again. She stood firm in the cold wind blasting her fur. Despite the power she held a sense of loneliness washed over her. She was truly alone. Cats tended to spend their lives living in solitude out here. Having kits was the most you’d ever see of another cat as a loner, but being a loner was synonymous with being a cat for these desert cats. They knew no life outside solidarity. Emberstorm got the feeling this wasn’t how it should be, but when she considered an alternative, she came up empty… So, she continued with how it was, she continued to feel empty, and continued to feel alone.
She set out for the night, looking for anything to busy herself with, just so she could stop thinking about the way life had to be. She sighed as she began to meander across the rusty dirt. The dusty scents of the desert filled her nose, and... and something else... She crouched down into the grass searching the horizon for the source of the smell. There was something off about the land right now. She just couldn't pick what it was.
The sun began to rise on the rise, other than the strange occurrence this morning, the day was rather uneventful. No prey, no cats, nothing. She looked up at the stars again, she thought about her future... She thought about the kits she might one day have. She thought about how it was possible that a whole eternity of cats may call one cat their ancestor. She gazed up at the clouds that were guarding the moon and wished that her bloodline won’t have to feel as alone as she did right now. She promised she would do what she could to protect them from the fate she was living. With that the clouds cleared from the moon, seeming to welcome her wish for the future. She hoped so at least.
She hopped up into her hollow, to shelter from the Sun's heat for another day and soon drifted off to sleep. She found herself in the desert with the moon and stars shining overhead. A small dunnart perched on a rock in front of her, she lowered herself to the ground and crept towards it. Just as she was inching forwards readying herself to pounce... Rats! She'd trodden on a twig! She launched herself at the dunnart and surprisingly she caught it but as she grabbed it, it faded into nothing and disappeared. What the... She blinked open her eyes. A dream. She thought to herself. She yawned as she rolled over to see the sun was on its way down. The sky was every colour that Emberstorm could think of. She decided to set out for the night.

♦ ♦♦♦ ♦
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
1072 words
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
♦ ♦♦♦ ♦

╔══════════════════════╗
CATS ON PATROL
Emberstorm |she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

╚══════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════╗
PREDATOR/PREY
X
╚═════════════════╝
╔═════════════════╗
LEVEL 4
EXP 327/500
╚═════════════════╝

╔═════════════════╗
DEATH OPT IN LINK
X
╚═════════════════╝
╔═════════════════╗
ACTIVE QUESTS
N/A
╚═════════════════╝

╔═════════════════╗
INVENTORY
Scraps | 1 FP | x2
Bugs | 1 FP | x3
Dunnart | 2 FP | x3
Plains mouse | 2 FP | x2
Bearded Dragon | 3FP | x1
Bush Stone Curlew | 4FP | x1
Wallaby | 5FP | x2
Coltsfoot | x1
Rush | x1
Stinging nettle | x1
Chamomile | x1
Fennel | x1
Catmint | x1
Ragwort | x1
Horsetail | x1
Daisy Leaves | x1
Burdock Root | x1
Borage Leaves |x2
Blackberry Leaves| x1
Lavender| x1
Ragwort Leaves| x1
╚═════════════════╝
╔═════════════════╗
ITEMS USED IN THIS EXPLORE

N/A

╚═════════════════╝

If I'm online at weird
times its because
I'm from Australia.
You can call me Vee! :)
Uni Student | adult
I draw sometimes I guess?
Whovian5EVA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0143.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:31 am

GLACIERCLAN !!
    x( .sins. archive last post )

“We’re being hunted.”

Tawny curls trembled. Amber eyes flashed, a distant void in the dying crimson of the setting sun. “You need to help us.” The tom’s ears flattened, head stooped low. “You can take this. It’s all we have. My friends and I… w-we just seek sanctuary.” (+5FP otter, +5FP otter, +1 bindweed)

And it had never been so appalling. The broken desperation from a weary soul, one willing to sacrifice all for the sake of himself and his friends from an unspeakable threat. One that prodded at her like obsidian sharpened to a slender blade.

“Wait.” Fawn Leap blinked, easing a step close. “Who’s hunting you? What━”

Please.” his voice was a broken whisper, a final plea from a traveller on the cusp of unravelling. Amber eyes… churned, dark and haunted. “You don’t understand. It’s here.”

“What’s here?” A gentle rasp as the deputy lifted her chin, soft fur prickling. “Explain.”

Something didn’t seem right. It wasn’t adding up.
    The fear… so tangible. But if were true, why hadn’t she seen it? Why hadn’t they seen it?

“Look out!”

A phantom force barelled into her. Stars exploded, searing across her vision, fissures and sparks of blinding white and fleeting neon colors. She was falling, falling like a shooting star, forever destined to hit raw earth.

But this time… this time she had a savior.

Amber eyes flickered, gaze pinned on hers. The tom. His eyes were wide, tawny curls awry and trembling, the warmth draining from his cheeks. He was pale… ghostly pale. His jaws parted, tongue licking the tip of his nose. “You hurt?” His paw rested on the side of her head, coming away stained scarlet. (-5% health for fawn leap ━ no herbs or rest needed to return to patrol!)

Stars, I’m so sorry. I was just trying to help. I didn’t mean to━ I have to go. It’s here.” His words were a mess, jumbled and tangled, strung in a web. “I’m sorry.”

Wait.

The words rose, blooming on the tip of her tongue, a gentle assurance that all was well, until she heard it. The snarl of an enraged beast, one hailing from crimson and fire. A musky, spellbinding aroma, sending shivers through her paws.

Fox.

It was here, deep in the thick of battle, warring with three courageous souls. Claws clashed to an uncanny rhythm, punctuated by the sharp shriek of a creature, dripping with blood and sweat. An unnatural craze flared, glistening within those dark soulless eyes.

Claws sinking into the soft earth beneath, she rose to her paws and dared a glance around.

Her little ones barred the path to camp, warriors to the core, eyes narrowed and movements in perfect sync… to the deputy’s silent directions. With a flick of her tail, Asphodel Dawn lurched forward, jaws snapping close.

A little too close for the fox’s liking.

Battered with nicks, scrapes and bruises, it unleashed a final bitter snarl. Its chest puffed, a last attempt to gather its shredded pride, before withdrawing… crimson tail snaking into the wild undergrowth. (sudden predator attack defeated!)

The weight on her chest eased.

And the rogues ━ those battered travellers were gone, too. They’d vanished, fleeing in the thick of battle, leaving nothing but the last of their prey behind.

A gentle shoulder steadied her from behind… courtesy of her kin. “Mom?”

xx
    totals

xxxx↳ fawn leap (20% hunger), eagle stone (20% hunger)
    xxxxxpine wind (20% hunger), asphodel dawn (20% hunger)

xx-5% health for fawn leap (no herbs/rest needed)
    xxxx↳ fawn leap (95% health)

xxxx↳ +50XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent, +10XP for rogue encounter,
    xxxxxx+20XP for prey, +2XP for herbs, +10XP for sudden predator attack

xx+5FP otter, +5FP otter
    xx+1 bindweed

xxitem finds
    xxxx↳ n/a

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +112XP → level 1 (249/200XP) → level 2 (49/300XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x

xxImagecongrats! you've reached level two and received an additional +1FP (of your choice), +1 herb (your choice) and +1 common edit!
    x
    notes: n/a! <33
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0144.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:29 pm

LISSIDOM !!
    x( lili041 archive last post )

And with hearts beating as one, two lovebirds chimed a soft, enchanted duet ━ their song bathed in cascading gold braided with ribbons of silver and bronze. Yet… the song wasn’t perfect. Some notes slipped, out-of-tune and out-of-touch, others suspended a moment too long. But perhaps that was it… what made the song achingly beautiful. Lovely and ethereal.

It was perfectly imperfect.

A reflection of life and all those countless to-bes and what-ifs. The countless promises and betrayals. The moments of exuberant joy and heartwrenching sorrow.

Her ears twitched as Artep eased a little knot from her silver curls. The mouse squeaked, chest puffed and dark eyes shining as the knot came loose, gently fluttering with the breeze. She laughed, soft and sweet. “Well, thank you. Someone seems to be productive today, huh?”

Artep’s eyes darted over her shoulder to the duo behind her.

She hid a chuckle, voice lowering to a conspiratorial whisper. “Yeah… about that. Those two are a distracted bunch, no?”

“Hopelessly drowning in love.” Hazel eyes twinkled, the stars and moon captured within his gaze. “Even I found something this time around.” His jaws clamped around a loose bundle of twigs, intricately and knotted woven together, an azure feather snagged within. A nest. “Here! Thought it might be useful.” (+4FP bird, +1FP bugs, +1 celandine, +1 catchweed, +1 dock, +1 horsetail)

“Hey!” Hal’s voice boomed, smooth and assertive, a resounding echo, startling the silence. “Hey, you there! Where are you━”

Cinnamon curls whizzed past as if a comet set ablaze, lit with a flaming torch and touched with the kiss of the sun. Gold eyes danced, amusement lifting the ends of their muzzle as they tossed a trinket in the air.

Bronze glinted. The trinket’s fine intricate edges captured the sunlight, revealing an ancient, mythical creature emblazoned across the scratched surface. A phoenix. A creature cloaked in flames ━ revelling in the heat of passion and unshakeable courage. (+1 star’s blessing ━ guarantees three or more kits during a breeding in the nursery!)

“Fennel?” Petra’s head tilted. “What brings you━”

“Can’t stay long, fellas!” Their grin widened, strides long and unfaltering. “Enjoy! My end of the deal…” They tossed a little wink, offering a nod towards Lissi and Hal. “Maybe it’ll be of use one day.”

And with a little flick of the tail, they were gone.
    A comet forever in orbit… forever travelling.
    xx
    totals

xxxx↳ lissi (10% hunger), hal (10% hunger),
    xxxxxmaurus (10% hunger), petra (10% hunger)

xxhealth stats
    xxxx↳ n/a! <3

xxxx↳ +110XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+10XP for prey, +8XP for herbs, +30XP for active quest

xx+4FP bird, +1FP bugs
    xx+1 celandine, +1 catchweed, +1 dock, +1 horsetail

xxitem finds (from active quest!)
    xxxx↳ +1 star's blessing (guarantee 3+ kits in a litter; nursery breeding item)

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +178XP → level 3 (536/400XP) → level 4 (136/500XP)

xxImagecongrats! you've reached level four and received an additional +2FP (of your
    xxxxxxxxxxchoice), +2 herbs (your choice), +1 uncommon edit and +1 stellar remnants!

notes: n/a! <33
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0145.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:10 am

WILLOWCLAN !!
    x( christine, archive last post )

Veiled in the silver mist, in the spring fronds of a glen, was a whisper.

A gentle, tentative whisper, sweeping with a flourish from the curve of his nose to the tip of his tail. And that whisper brimmed, a fountain bursting with flora and fauna, promising things to come. Better things to come.

And right now, he didn’t doubt it.

The fire, a ravaging serpent of amber and crimson, spewing ash, blood and flame had dwindled. Its trail of destruction still lingered… caught in tiny glimpses and flashes, hidden remnants of its conquest. But under the force of nature’s renewal, it faded. It left only gentle assurances in a glen cloaked with the vibrant hues of emeralds, jades and peridots ━ a pledge to a new, fresh beginning.

A little croak echoed, rising from the soft earth beneath his paws. Then, another. A throaty croak, echoing from somewhere close. Very close.

Ears perked, he turned, tail raised to halt his fellow companion. “You hear that?”

Her head cocked, voice a soft murmur. “There. Just… at the puddle.”

Water rippled, parting with a tiny splash as a slick creature hopped out. It settled, resting on a lone rock, soaking in the warmth of morning’s glow beside… another. Together, they exchanged a hasty greeting, quietly dissolving into silence. Frogs.

But that wasn’t all.

With a little frown, he crouched low, inching closer.

Around their necks… twin stones strung by a loose strand of twine. The stones emanated, shimmering with a steady glow. One glistening with the kiss of winter’s frost and another churning with shifting shadows finished with an obsidian sheen. (+3FP frog, +3FP frog, +1 common myo, +1 blackhole ━ edit remover)

“Good eye.” His jaws clamped, carefully easing around the slippery frog. Pale eyes flicked to daystripe, a begrudging smile faint upon his features as her steps coincided with his, her jaws snapping around the other creature. “It’ll serve us well━”

“Hey! Lads, ladies and fellow friends! How goes it?” A head of cinnamon curls wandered close, gold eyes charmed with the sun’s striking rays. The stranger’s shoulders eased, strides loose and long, as they dipped their head in greeting, a little grin touching their muzzle. “The name’s Fennel! I don’t usually see many while passing through here, but hey! Can't say I mind the company.”

Minkstar’s eyes narrowed, a little crease between his brows. “I see. Can we━”

“Say, you wouldn’t happen to see a she-cat around here, have you?” Their head tilted, curls fluttering in the breeze. “Tall, intimidating and with a Stars-forsaken temper?” They chuckled, a warm, melodic chime. “I’ve been looking for her for a bit… can’t seem to find her though.”

With a little frown, gold eyes drifted, distant, wandering the smooth dips and curves of the glen. A breath's pause, before their gaze settled upon him once more. A new light, a twinkle, brightened their gaze… hopeful. “Ah, you two seem like seasoned warriors ━ think you could help me out?”

Fennel (an npc) has stopped by! They are looking for their dear friend and seek
    the patrol's assistance. Does the patrol aid them or turn them down?

xx
    totals

xx+0% hunger for each patrol cat (two free posts left!)
    xxxx↳ minkstar (0% hunger), daystripe (0% hunger)
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxx↳ +30XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent, +12XP for prey

xxprey, herb + item finds for patrol
    xx+3FP frog, +3FP frog, + no herbs
    xx+1 common myo, +1 blackhole (edit remover)

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +62XP → level 0 (62/100XP)

xxImage
    x
    notes: hello + welcome to explore! it's great to have you! i love
    the premise you have set up for willowclan ─ it's really intriguing!

your explore post looks lovely ─ just make sure to link your patrol's
    oekaki pages (not th pages) and you're all set! pms/dms are always
    open if you have any questions or concerns at all <33
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Glacierclan // explore post 6 // word count; 1100

Postby .sins. » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:10 am

Asphodel Dawn sniffed the air, the scent of fox drenched everything. Parting her jaws to possibly
get more of the cat's scent, but nothing but fox and ocean. Looking back at the others, she saw
the aftermath of the short-lived battle. A few cuts ran across Fawn Leap's face, while Pine Wind
held her upright. Eagle Stone was also checking for the scent of the other mysterious cat. With
a touch of her tail tip, she got his attention, a flash in his eyes of worry and more pain. That
was the second time that day he wasn't able to help those that needed it. In a leap, he was by
his mother with his brother. Their gentle words slowly filled the silence.

"Let us carry you back to the camp," the soft voice of Pine Wind urged, reluctantly letting his
mother put more weight on her own paws. Eagle Stone caught her as she fell the other way,
facing opposite of the pair watching their tails in case the fox came back around.

"Fawn Leap," a harsher tone from Eagle Stone cut through the soft sounds like a rock against
another rock, "Accept the help for once in your life!" A chorus of deep and soft growls started
between the brothers. Mix matched eyes staring at one another, waiting for the other to back
down.
"Knock it off!" Fawn Leap cuffed Pine Wind on the ear before quickly spinning around to do the
same to Eagle Stone. "You two are acting like kits. Starclan forbid you let your grown mother
make the choices she wants!" The two toms flattening their ears in shame back away from her,
letting Asphodel Dawn take her side. A loving nuzzle and lick on the scrapes made the two stop.
A look shared confirmed their thoughts before they burst out in happy, stress-relieved tears.

"Let's get these otters and go home," Eagle Stone sniffed. Pine Wind nodded, placing his forehead
on his brother's for a few heartbeats. With a collective sigh, they moved towards the kill the
strangers had placed. Finding the herb as well, Eagle Stone gently wove it into his brother's long
fur.

"You think we will ever see them again?" The pair of pink and purple eyes stared past the border.
Eagle Stone gently shoved his brother.

"Only Starclan knows, but if we do, I hope they are in a better situation." The figure of his sibling
left his view as he stared out along the beach and forest line. Four cats needed him today, and
all he did was sit and watch everything happen. Closing his eyes, he sent a quick prayer to
Starclan, asking them to watch over those who needed help today, before picking up the second
otter and trailing ever so slightly behind his sibling.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fawn Leap leaned against the rough cliffside trail leading to the camp. Maybe Pine Wind and
Eagle Stone were right, one of them should have carried her home, but no matter, she just had
to take it slowly. The roar of the waves in the distance seemed louder than ever as her senses
slowly started to come back to her. As the was she leaned on gave way to the floor of the cavern
the clan called home, she inhaled air sharply, as her feet stumbled to catch her. The grey pelt of
Sky Walker steadied her.

"Did you find her?" The ringing in her ears barely let her hear once again. The sudden loss of
balance must have shook everything up. Her confusion must have been evident for the dark grey
tom to help the she-cat to her den. "Rest up now, we can't afford to lose you too," his deep voice
danced through the den, before seeming to suddenly vanish. She closed her eyes, the long day
over at last.

"Listen!" Asphodel Dawn called over the clamoring cats, silencing them with a harsh flick of her
tail. Her eyes darted to the two guardians who had fallen behind her and Fawn Leap on the way
back, then back to the crowd around her. "We couldn't find a scent trail to follow Blackberry
Song. We all must pray for her safety though, as Fawn Leap and myself were attacked by a fox
earlier." Murmurs started up as the cats' ears perked up in fear, surprise, and a desire for a good
fight. "Luckily Pine Wind and Eagle Stone were also there to help chase the fox off. However,"
she trailed as Glacierstar slid out from his den, "it might still be around, and we have a group of
rogues looking for refuge. Guardians, fighters, and defenders, please be cautious of these cats,
but not hostile." With another flick of her tail, she dismissed the cats, their conversations starting
in whispers. She dragged her paws, the energy drained from her suddenly as the day came to an
end. She found herself next to Eagle Stone and Pine Wind sharing one of the otters the strangers
had left.

"Join us," Pine Wind mewed, "We need to talk." The she-cat just nodded and sat beside them.
One glance at Eagle Stone showed that he was not present in the current conversation. She felt
her ears fall for him in a brief moment of motherly care.

"Asphodel Dawn," her name snapped her back to the other tom. "Give him some time, today was
hard on him," he glanced to the brown and white tom who was just playing with his food now.
Gently batting it back and forth. "Do you love her?" She snapped her attention back to him. His
multi-colored eyes were a storm of different emotions, unreadable.

"Fawn Leap?" she asked in a moment, trying to find a way to lie about her feelings. Not even the
medicine cat really knew about it, and never would. His eyes didn't budge away from her, just
stared intensely. "Yes, but she doesn't feel the same."

"Lies," the distanced voice of Eagle Stone cut in. His blue-green eyes gently lifted upwards. "I
know she does. Our mother doesn't love in the same way most do. She won't really show that
love to others, but if you are alone, or with those she trusts, you can see it better. I do it too."

A low purr started in the brown-white she-cat's chest. Taking a few bites of the otter to finish it, she
touched her nose to the siblings' before heading to the sleeping den for the night.

Pine Wind followed after her, leaving the mourning tom alone. His only company was the night
watch, Petal Sneeze, and his thoughts.
words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words
╔══════════════╗

ATS ON PATROL
fawn leap| HP 95% | HUP 20% | Sick: N
↳ she/her
eagle stone| HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: N
↳ he/him
pine wind| HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: N
↳ he/they
Asphodel Dawn| HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: N
↳ she/her
cat| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
↳ pronouns
cat| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
↳ pronouns

╚══════════════╝
╔═══════╤══════╗

experience;
49/300 - - -- - - - -

level;
2 - - - - - - - - - - -

╚═══════╧══════╝
╔══════════════╗
death opt-in;; yes.................
active quests;; n/a .................

╚══════════════╝
╔══════╤═══════╗

Predators;.............
red & artic fox
lynx, coyote,
fisher, mink
wolverine

╚══════╧═══════╝
╔══════════════╗

NVENTORY
fish eggs (+1 fp) x1..-..... sorrel x1
mouse (+2 fp) x1...... .... stick x1
minnow (+3 fp) x2 ...-.... fennel x1
marmot (+5 fp) x1 ........ feverfew x1
otter (+5 fp) x2 ........... bindweed x1
bird eggs (+1 fp) ....... .. marigold x1

╚══════════════╝
╔══════════════╗

TEMS SED
otter (+5 fp) x1

╚══════════════╝
╔══════════════╗

OTES
❈ otter shared by pine wind (+2 fp, -20% hup)
eagle stone (+2 fp, -20% hup), and
asphodel dawn (+1 fp, -10% hup)
❈ chosen fp was bird eggs (+1fp)
❈ chosen herb was marigold
❈ new story time? O.o

╚══════════════╝
.sins.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby Sulin » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:32 am

The White Raven
Last Explore Post| Last Response Received

Ghost still hesitant had accepted Fennel's offer and decided to help him find this "Guardian" that they was looking for. Just as Ghost and Fennel were about to start their search a very out of breath cat popped from out of the bushes they introduced themselves as Cupid but he said it so fast Ghost and Fennel did not understand him. Cupid slowed down just enough to say "Oops sorry my name is Cupid and it's time to go there are some critters out there and they aren't so friendly". Ghost and Fennel followed Cupid to a safe hiding space and they camped there for a little while before making sure the coast was clear again. During their escape Ghost had scrapped their paw on a sticker bush and was bleeding a little bit, Cupid noticed and said "Hey that looks pretty nasty do you need it medicated?" Ghost Replied with "Yeah but it's not that ba-" before Ghost could even finish her sentence Cupid took some supplies from a nearby tree stump and wrapped Ghost's paw so perfectly she put her paw on the ground and it did not even hurt! Ghost had then said "Wow that's amazing how did you do that!?" Cupid replied with a friendly "I was a med-cat before being kicked out of my previous clan." he did not seem to mind that he was kicked out though. Fennel quickly interrupted ad he said "It is time to continue the journey" So Ghost asked Cupid if he would like to come with them on their way and even stay along with Ghost. Cupid agreed and even asked if he could be the med-cat of their new found clan and Ghost agreed. Ghost, Fennel, and Cupid started back up on their journey to find the "Ghost Guardian".
[ 301 words ]

-- cats on patrol
Ghost | She/Her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: No
Cupid | He/They | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: No

-- custom predators / prey
N/A
-- level 0
experience: 20/100
-- items in inventory used
N/A
-- active quests:
N/A
-- opted in to death?
No
-- inventory
N/a
(Click my handsome baby, Sullivan :D (above) for my CS safe TH) - Art done by TeddyWasTaken!
------------------------------------------------------
XXX - Suli / Spooks | She / Her - XXX
Hi there, I'm Sullivan! I have a couple different issues
I'm dealing with currently, so please be patient with me, thank you.
I am a huge fan of MARVEL, TWD, the Witcher, and Good Omens!
I also love GoT, Blacklist, and Supernatural.
- Friends / Acquaintances -
Crow - Jay - Zach - Hyde - Marz-Barz - Temper
- Super Cool People -
Rocky - Herrings - Sweathie - Buzz - Cr0wz
- I Love you all! -
------------------------------------------------------
Sulin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0146.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:51 am

CATS OF PLEASANCE !!
    x( angel bugs archive last post )

It was neither beast, nor enemy, nor foe, who greeted him.

Even as he steeled himself, shoulders tensing and spectral curls prickling along his back, there was no battle. Instead… sweet, tangible relief greeted him, palpable, from a crumpled soul of withered curls. A stranger.

Gold eyes glazed, unfocused, the faintest hint of a lop-sided grin touching their muzzle. “Thank the stars. I didn’t think… I didn’t think anyone would come.” The stranger swallowed a wince, tucking their long limbs close. Brows creased, a hint of uncertainty scrawled across their features. “I… apologize for the intrusion.”

“Here.” Hesitantly, they nosed a little bundle of scarlet feathers close. “I mean you no harm. Truly.” (+2FP scarlet tanager)

They were injured.

Crimson tainted the dust-touched wooden planks beneath them, seeping into the slivers and cracks of the wood. Their foreleg rested idly at an unnatural angle, tucked close and away from prying eyes. And their coat… once teeming with the vibrance of mahogany and cedarwood was dull, matted and tangled, snared with the remnants of an encounter gone terribly wrong.

A silver pendant along their neck flashed as the stranger lifted their chin, mustering fragile strength, but the effort blanched them, leaving a pale, weary phantom in its place. They shuddered.

“They’re hurt.”

He tensed as light pawsteps trekked from behind. Copia.

"Seems to be a battle wound… or something." With a slight frown, they offered a curt nod towards him. Silver curls fluttered with the breeze as they glided close, jaws brimming with fresh greens. They cleared their throat. “Also found these growing near the nook… thought they may be useful.” (+1 bindweed, +1 borage leaves, +1 holly berries)

“I don’t recall requesting your observations.” His jaw tightened ever-so slightly, tail jabbing towards the nook. “Shouldn’t you be back there?”

Cerulean eyes locked with his, cool and composed, a flicker of challenge sparking within. “Given the situation, I thought it best to remain close. This cat hardly has the bloody strength to fight, but damage could be done… up close.” They shrugged. “Now, what shall we do with this━”

“The name’s Fennel.” Their voice faltered, sides heaving, slick with sweat. “And I-I need your help.”

Fennel (an npc) requests the patrol's help! They are nursing certain injuries and require any
    two herbs to heal and be on their way. Does the patrol aid them or turn them down?

xx
    totals

xx+0% hunger for each patrol cat (no free posts left!)
    xxxx↳ treasure (0% hunger), copia (0% hunger)
    xxxxx

xxxx↳ +40XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+4XP for prey, +6XP for herbs, +41XP from last reply*

xx+2FP scarlet tanager
    xx+1 bindweed, +1 borage leaves, +1 holly berries

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +111XP → level 0 (206/100XP) → level 1 (106/200XP)

xxImagecongrats! you've reached level one and received an additional +1FP (of your choice) and +50 stardust!
    x
    notes: * hi! i noticed that the previous writer didn't quite double your xp for opting into
    death! i've done that for you in my reply and everything should be good/up to date now! <3
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me