Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

[027.] ★ viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:20 am

PEACECLAN !
    user + clan link: coffee.berry + clan archive
    responding to: coffee.berry's last post
    xp stats: [opted-out for death rolls!]
    xx+10XP for writing, + 10XP for patrol sent, +5XP for border skirmish
    xx+3XP for prey collected, +4XP for herbs found
    Autumn was close, but… effortlessly subtle with the evergreen, unchanging essence of the clan. Of home. Perhaps the only change was from the winds flowing from the north ━ both stronger and bolder. Colder.

And the cold created desperation. It hardened hearts when the frost settled and the prey dwindled.

Cloudpelt shook her head. Her paws glided over the soft field grasses in tandem to the pair beside her, chasing aside the unease snaking in her belly. Oakspeck had said it himself. The cats appeared worried, not volatile.

Right?

“Squirrel!” Mosspaw darted forward, lunging at a russet creature lurching through the grass. Its tail trailed along the ground, patches of fur scraggly… other patches missing. It was slow; too slow. Unsteady.

And… uncertain. Was it sick?

She stepped forward, blocking the squirrel’s path. Dull eyes flickered, its lean muscles tensing, freezing, with indecision. A frenzied look left, then right…

The apprentice pounced, pinning the bushy-tailed creature between her claws. “I got it! I caught it!” Soft blue eyes shone, twinkling like the ripples of the seas, but it faded, morphing into… disgust. She scrambled back with a yelp. “Ew! There’s a spider on it.” (+3FP squirrel)

“It’s just a spider.” A soft chuckle eased from her throat as Mosspaw backed away, sidling up beside the tortie tom. Shaking her head, she flicked the tiny, dark arachnid off. The spider landed lightly, clinging to the top of a blade of grass. No… a reed. (+1 sweet sedge)

“Can we go meet the cats now?” Mosspaw tilted her head, tail flicking down the hill. “I think I see them! They’re close… can we go? Now?”

“Hold up, sport!” Oakspeck rested a tail along the apprentice’s back. “Cloudpelt, how about we meet you down? We can see what those cats want━”

“Yeah! Good plan.” Mosspaw’s ears perked, muzzle twisting into a sheepish grin. “Race ya!”

Her jaws parted. “Here, wait a sec━”

The apprentice was gone.
    And… Oakspeck not too far behind.

Shaking her head, she traced the two forms, disappearing down the crest of the hill. So much for those two waiting. Even the spider was far more obliging. Fighting the frown threatening to crease her brows, she slipped through the grass. They’d be fine. Oakspeck was experienced. He’d know what to do.

Her gaze found the scrawny squirrel, its small head at-rest in the sea of green ━ in a bed of rose-tinted flowers and soft, curled leaves… at peace. She eased a breath out. And perhaps, she should be as well… learning a lesson from the little creature. (+1 stinging nettle, +1 watermint, +1 bright eye)

But peace was fragile ━ shattering like ice under pressure.

A soft cry pierced the air smothered by voices. Harsh tones with spittle and steel. The song of an encounter gone wrong.

Her head swung around. Jaws closing around the squirrel and herbs, she ran, dashing down the hill. It was a race, not against friends, but against time. The verdant of the evergreen hill blurred as she hurtled down, tracing the scent of a certain pair in the air.

It was a race she couldn’t win.

Oakspeck’s head was lowered, his nose nuzzling a small form along the ground. Mosspaw. His voice was soft, a comforting murmur as he nosed the form. His head lifted, ears flattening as she neared. (-15% health for mosspaw!)

Her jaws were frozen. Numb. She blinked, stepping closer. A breath in and breath out. A pause to form the proper words, sticking in her throat like the scarlet tingle stubbornly staining the grass. “What happened? Is she… is she okay?”

“We were attacked.” Oakspeck’s shoulders tensed. “The cats… they weren’t as friendly as I thought. Mosspaw, she… got hurt. I-uh… she needs help. Some herbs, I think? Do you have any?”

Mosspaw has been injured during the border skirmish! She needs one herb (any type) to stop any further health loss!

totals;
    xx+0% hunger for each patrol cat (patrol was fed!)
    xxxx↳ cloudpelt (0% hunger), oakspeck (0% hunger), mosspaw (0% hunger)

xx-15% health for mosspaw
    xxxx↳ mosspaw (85% health)

xx+32XP → level 1 (107/200XP)
    xx+3FP squirrel
    xx+1 stinging nettle, +1 sweet sedge, +1 bright eye, +1 watermint

notes; n/a!

──────────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[028.] ★ viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:28 am

SNOWCLAN !
    user + clan link: echo into void + clan archive
    responding to: echo into void's last post
    xp stats: [opted-in for death rolls!]
    xx+20XP for writing, + 20XP for patrol sent, +10XP for border skirmish
    xx+2XP for prey collected, +8XP for herbs found,
    Her heart thrummed in her chest, a steady rhythm rising and falling, echoing in her ears. A reminder she was alive. Alive and present in the moment. And at one with nature. She savored it ━ the pounding of her heart in the morning silence, the soft dirt underneath her paws and the fresh, earthy air imbued with the sweet fragrance of pine forests.

And for a breath’s pause, there was… peace. A sweet, tantalizing peace weaving around her, lifting her head high even with leaf-bare staring her square in the eyes. Her eyes closed as she tugged a breath in. And out. In━

Tut-tut-tut-tut-tut.

Her eyes flew open. What in the━

Tut-tut-tut.

She stepped close, inching closer to a nearby tree. The pitter-patter was stronger here. Perhaps whatever it was lived━

The culprit revealed itself. A long slender beak poked out from amidst the branches, head crowned with tufts of scarlet feathers, strewn in a dozen different directions. The bird tapped a last beat on the trunk and emitted a quick, cheeky trill, inclining its head. A woodpecker.

A small smile creased her muzzle as she shook her head. “Well, hello there. Quite the noisy one, aren’t you?”

The woodpecker chirped a shrill cackle, eyes wide as it retreated closer to the tree. Dark wings extended, before they were neatly folded and tucked aside. It drummed an insistent beat against the tree almost like a… warning.

No, it couldn’t be. She was overthinking it. But still… it didn’t chase away the frown inching onto her brows. The gentle silence that lingered turned dark. Unnerving. Her gaze shifted around. “Is something wrong?”

Pawsteps crunched, trampling dried leaves. From… behind.

She turned. “Brokenstar…?”

A rogue.

Tangled ivory fur poked out amidst the foliage, a stark contrast against the warm tones of the forest. The rogue’s broad shoulders tensed, jaws clamping tightly around the slick fish in his jaws. Pale eyes met hers, bloodshot with weariness… glinting.

The fish flopped along the ground.

And he charged.

The greeting on the tip of her tongue faded. A force barrelled into her as if charged by lightning, no, desperation. Her head smacked against the tree, knocking the breath out of her. Low branches from a nearby bush whipped at her, snaring her in their grasp. A soft gasp in and she struck, claws unsheathed. (-15% health for darkfire from a rogue encounter!)

A trill pierced the heavy silence. Wings silhouetted by the sun descended, talons clipping the side of the rogue’s head. With a huff, he retreated, grip loosening as he ducked aside. His jaws clamped along the silvery fish and he fled, tail between his legs.

Darkfire pulled herself up, crawling aside, escaping the thicket’s thorny grasp. Her head ached… the world swirling into a sea of colors and the trees… fragile, wobbly sticks quivering in the wind. She clenched her jaw, shaking herself. Hard. She touched a paw to her head. It came away stained crimson.

A shuddering breath in. She was fine... she was fine. Just needed to find some…

Soft feathers skimmed the tip of her nose. The woodpecker.

With a tilted head, it set down a few pungent herbs near her head. Its scarlet crown dipped as the bird pushed the bundle closer to her, offering a soft chirp. The herbs were crawling, infested, with bugs, their tiny legs wandering all over the leaves, but… the gesture was enough to ease a smile from her. (+1FP bugs, +1 coltsfoot, +1 dock, +1 sweet-sedge, +1 ragwort)

"Thank you," she whispered.

Darkfire was injured in a rogue encounter! She requires one herb (any type!) to stop any further health loss!

totals;
    xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat (darkfire was fed!)
    xxxx↳ darkfire (10% hunger)

xx-15% health for darkfire
    xxxx↳ darkfire (85% health)

xx+60XP → level 1 (209/200XP) → level 2 (9/300XP)*
    xx+1FP bug
    xx+1 coltsfoot, +1 dock, +1 sweet-sedge, +1 ragwort

congrats! you've reached level two and received an additional +1FP (your choice), +1 herb (your choice!) and +1 common edit!

notes; hello! i love your profile aesthetic ─ it's so wholesome, ahh! this is something small (absolutely easily missed!) but for your next explore post, if you could include what level you're at in your post (level two), that'll be awesome! everything else is perfect and feel free to reach out if you have any questions! <3

Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby ivyy. » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:53 am

BunnoBlizzard wrote:
≋O≋c≋e≋a≋n≋ ≋C≋l≋a≋n
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received

The two girls cautiously trekked home for backup, knowing exactly who would be chosen for this position. The new member to Ocean Clan, Wanderer and his travel companion lizard Tiki. Wanderer, despite being new to the clan, was most definitely not new to the dangers of this world, he even had the scars and stories to prove it. Some... were a bit extra but what's wrong with a bit of pizzaz? Peachcrown snuck into camp after telling Squirrelpaw to stay put at the entrance just a paw step away from the smooth stone ramp. She crawled into the warriors' den and in a loud whisper called, "Wanderer? Tiki? Either of you in there?" She saw a sandy form stir and a bright black and orange small shape approach her.

"Eh? What's wrong Peachcrown?" He asked as she quietly led him to the entrance where Squirrelpaw had been waiting. Both she-cats explained everything. Wanderer soaked in the information calmly and thoughtfully whilst his companion sat upon his shoulder with his blank black beady eyes shining as if he was doing the same things as Wanderer. "Ah, okay, I see. How about I get my son to come with us in case this occurs again? The fox might not even try to tangle with four cats of our size." He mewed in a suggesting tone to the girls. "Bolin, you mean?" Squirrelpaw asked curiously. Wanderer nodded quietly, "You two go wait at the base of the ramp and I'll go wake him and Albie." Albie happened to also be Bolin's travel companion, just like Bolin's father had.

Several minutes of Peachcrown pacing and Squirrelpaw rolling around carelessly in the still-warm sand to warm herself, Wanderer, Tiki, Bolin, and Albie were finally ready to come over and assist them on their next patrol. "Alright girls, you ready?" They both nodded to Wanderer's words and stood. He'd make a wise deputy... Peachcrown thought but quickly scolded herself, he had only been there for two weeks. Squirrelpaw bounced over to Bolin and began happily chatting to the sweet-natured tom Peachcrown had noticed Squirrelpaw had begun to take a fast liking to. Peachcrown liked him but clearly not as much as Squirrelpaw did. "Off we go then," Wanderer said, breaking Peachcrown away from her rapid-firing thoughts.

Squirrelpaw, despite chatting it off with Bolin, was wobbling and her eyes were slightly droopy if that makes sense. Peachcrown cleared her throat to get Squirrelpaw's attention, "Hey, why don't you go rest? You've been patrolling nearly the entire day and Brokenscar needs you to work hard tomorrow too." Squirrelpaw pursed her lips slightly and looked between Bolin and Peachcrown before bowing her head in defeat and smiling, "Oh fine... goodnight everyone." She trotted back up the ramp and a moment before the group was able to leave, a tortie head popped out of the entrance, looking at them curiously, Dang it, she must've heard from all the talking. Rosetta slid gracefully down the ramp with her bunny friend Gray right behind her, per usual.

"Do you have another space for one?" Gray headbutted her in the leg and she laughed quietly, "Sorry, space for one point five?" Gray rolled his eyes and nodded to the other male companions, Albie and Tiki. "Sure." Wanderer murmured before looking up at the sky. Midnight. "If we want to finish, though, before sunrise we better get moving pronto."
[ 577 words ]

--cats on patrol
Peachcrown | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Wanderer & Tiki | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Bolin & Albie | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Rosetta & Gray | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: N
--level 4
experience: 471/500

--inventory
Herbs and Prey all updated and found here!
-- items being used
2x Scraps for Squirrelpaw to be at 0% HUP
-- active quests:
[url=url link]quest #1[/url]
hi hi!! i'm ivyy. but you can call me isabella or bella <3

she/her - virgo - owner of two cats and three dogs - previous bun mom - animal enthusiast - equestrian

credit to iceycrushed for making my avatar for my use only <3
ivyy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[029.] ★ viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:21 am

FROSTCLAN !
    user + clan link: nindroidzane + clan archive
    responding to: nindroidzane's last post
    xx+75XP for writing, + 10XP for patrol sent, +5XP for predator encounter
    xx+2XP for prey collected, +4XP for herbs found
    Her heart eased, slowing to a gentle rhythm as the crescendo of battle faded from her ears. Those hisses and screeches, howls and sharp barks and the faint coppery tang pinching her nose. It was a distant memory… something to be tucked away like moss in a den, but the loner’s comment nagged at her. Insistent.

“I’m sure it won’t be the last. Those vermin live everywhere.”

But surely it wouldn't return so soon. Right?

Soft laughter hooted beside her accompanied by little paws beating into the snow like an applause. Littlekit. “Woah! That was awesome!” Tiny pawsteps shuffled around in the snow, sidling away from her. “How’d you do that?”

Leaf snorted, a soft amused chuff. “Just a bird, kit. I’m sure you’ll catch your own someday.” (+2FP arctic tern)

“Really?” Near breathless words reached her ears… enough to ease a chuckle from her. Her little one seemed insistent ━ curious. “How? You just… jumped!”

“Mhm, you’ll learn.” A low grunt and a spray of snow kicked up beside her. The loner’s nose bumped against her shoulder. “Hold on a moment, alright? Spotted some willow leaves a little ways back ━ heard they were good for something.”

Pawsteps retreated, bounding off in long, loose strides. A sudden pause.

“And you… kit.” Leaf’s voice softened. “Watch the bird for me.”

Her jaws parted to bid a quick farewell, but the loner had vanished, swift and agile on her paws, slipping through the snow with an easy grace. Breezewhisper shook herself, pulling her little one close with her tail.

“Come.” She dropped a quick nuzzle along Littlekit’s head. “Let’s see if we can find our━”

“Flowers!” A squeal erupted from the tiny form beside her. Littlekit squirmed aside, leaping ahead. A quick snap and a bundle laced with a sweet aroma poked at her, tickling her nose. (+1 daisy leaves, +1 goatweed)

Breezewhisper chuckled, ducking her head from the onslaught of flowers aimed at her muzzle. “They’re real nice.” She touched a tail to her little one. “I was thinking we should━”

The note of a sharp, piercing howl shattered the hushed melody of the tundra. A discordant dirge ringing clear. And close.

The fox.

Her shoulders stiffened. Leaf. Where was she? It'd been a bit. Perhaps too long. Had the fox…? She shook herself hard. No, not now. "Hey, darling. I'm gonna check on Leaf, okay? I want you to stay he━"

"Don't bother." Gravelly, hoarse words from behind. Leaf. The loner coughed, shaking her head. “I’m fine.”

But she wasn’t. Leaf’s steps were… unsteady, gait stiff and careful, amiss without that easy grace. And the metallic stench infecting the air spoke volumes.

“You’re hurt,” she murmured. Her shoulder caught the loner’s side as the she-cat swayed. The loner’s fur was sticky, coated with━

Her heart seized. “What happened?”

A short laugh. “Fox. Nasty little vermin wasn’t ready to leave just yet━pounced me, that’s all.” Leaf winced, pulling away from her. “I’m fine. Here, I found some of those willow leaves.” (+1 willow leaves, +1 willow leaves)

Was Leaf's breathing too harsh? Too quick in her ears? Something wasn't right and if the stench reeking the tundra didn't screech a warning…

The thud of a brave soul collapsing against the snow did. (-79% health for leaf from a predator encounter!)

Leaf has been seriously injured by the arctic fox! She needs four herbs (any type) to prevent
    further health loss and requires three posts of rest (she can't be taken out on patrol for three posts)!

totals;
    xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat (breezewhisper was fed!)
    xxxx↳ breezewhisper (10% hunger), leafshade (10% hunger)

xx-79% health for leafshade
    xxxx↳ leafshade (21% health)

xx+96XP → level 1 (187/200XP)
    xx+2FP arctic tern
    xx+1 daisy leaf, +1 goatweed, +1 willow leaves, +1 willow leaves

notes; sent you a quick pm + thank you so much for updating your explore code! <3

Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SushiFoxx » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:20 pm

MistClan
Last explore post | Last Response Received
Echostar sat by the river, like normal. The she-cat wanted to take a pause and think about what was going on. She took in a steady breath in a silent rhythm. The camp had been more on edge as they recently spotted an owl near the camp. They decided not to fight the owl and let it go on its way. The cats of MistClan though were more on defense to protect the clan. Echostar twitched her tail uneasy, she knew something felt near but she didn't want to worry the clan.

The tortoiseshell female kept up her silence, sticking to her thoughts. The clan was slowly growing bigger but there seemed to be a bigger force around them. Even as she sat by the river Echostar swore she saw a shadow under the water, or other cats voices? She kept seeing shadows under the water as she sat there. They looked like cats with fish tails, but how? Echostar thought the other cats on the territory were the cats in her clan. Was there another clan in their territory? What in the name of StarClan? Echostar looked at the water puzzled, trying to think of what was under the water.

Echostar kept trying to tell herself it was just her mind playing tricks but it didn't seem so! These shadows looked so close to the surface! And no birds or land animals had this kind of shadow! The leaders head spiraled confused, what? They shook their head trying to figure out what was under the water. Were they just tired? Or was this weird animal actually in the water? Were these creatures a threat? Would they hurt the cats of her clan? Should she try and call them out of the water? Should she try and talk to them?

The leader stared into the water, gulping nervously. She called out to the cats in the water nervously. "Who's in there?" Echostar asked anxiously. A cat poked their head out of the water puzzled. They gasped and splashed the water, seeming...happy? Echostar tilted her head confused watching this cat intent. "who are you?" Echostar asked. The cat splashed again and smiled
"I'm Bearwing!" the cat chirped up to Echostar from the water. "And your Echostar correct?" Bearwing asked joyfully
"uh..yes? How do you know my name!?" Echostar asked Bearwing startled
"We've been here long before you even came here!" Bearwing said smiled
"We...?" Echostar asked, still confused
"yes! The mercats!" Bearwing said cheerfully, then noticing how confused EchoStar was they smiled softly
"mercats..?" Echostar murmured puzzled
"We are a group of cats that live in this water" Bearwing said smoothly breaking it down to Echostar
"oh wow,,how do you guy live in the water?" Echostar asked
"We can shape shift into normal cats," Bearwing told Echostar "We have a bunch of underwater herbs you guys have on land, we live under water just as well as you live on land!" Bearwing told Echostar cheerily. Bearing quickly dipped in the water then back out.

Echostar looked at the mercat confused, but understanding a little bit more. "why haven't we known about you yet?"
"ah! you guys just haven't found all of us yet! We're under a prophecy so we couldn't be the first cats to find you! you had to find us!" Bearwing said smiling
"Prophecy?!" Echostar asked gasping, she flicked her tail listening more intent "wait.. all of us?"
"ah! so, theres a prophecy.." Bearwing paused "You will know more about it once I help you find the other groups of cats" He said smoothing "There are four groups, the mercats are one,there is also a forest group and the cloud kingdom" they said calmly "and the fire cats" She said cutting that off
"what was the prophecy about?" Echostar asked
"We can talk more about that later" Bearwing said slowly, seeming uneasy about the topic
"ok! uh,can I tell the clan about you guys?" Echostar asked, catching on to Bearwings feelings about the topic
"You can, but they may be more anxious or curious about the forest and water" Bearwing said smoothly "I will find you when the time comes for me to show you the rest of the groups"
"thank you so much" Echostar said smiling softly, still confused "may I still talk to you for a bit?" Echostar asked
"of course! ask me any questions you want! I will try to answer the best I can!" Bearwing chirped happily from the water
"thank you so much!" Echostar said smiling "what is your rank?"
"I'm a angel swimmer! which to you would be a medicine cat!"
"how cool! what are the ranks you guys have?"
"well,theres the leader,angel swimmer,deputy,swimmer,guppies,fry,minnow, and those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head!"
"that is amazing!" Echostar said in awe

After hours of talk and questions to Bearwing,Echostar finally said her farewells. "bye Bearwing! thanks so much for the answers!"
"No problem, hope to see you soon, Echostar!" Bearwing said smiling as she dived back into the water for the night to tell the mercats about meeting with Echostar. Echostar let out a sigh, wow! Bearwing really helped her with her questions. After her meeting with her new friend she felt so much more interested in these other groups of cats! Thinking she was so scared to talk to Bearwing before made her laugh to herself. This Angel swimmer felt so knowing and helpful. Echostar was still a little bit more nervous about telling the clan about her meeting with Bearwing.

Echostar decided to go for a quick hunt to bring something back to the clan after her being out for half the day.. Echostar thought to herself interested about her meeting. Echostar wandered through the hills, lost to her thoughts. "I'm so glad I was finally able to find them! maybe that was what the prophecy was about that she and Bud got?" she asked herself
[ 1,001 words ]

-- cats on patrol
Echostar | she/her they/them | HP 95%(I don't know if she is fully healed from last post sorry!) | HUP 10% | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey
n/a
-- level 2
experience: 86
-- items in inventory used
n/a
-- active quests:
n/a
-- opted in to death?
no
-- inventory
Vole | 2fp |2
Rabbit | 4fp | 1
Scraps | 1fp | 2

Herbs:
Hawkweed | 1
Rush | 1
Chickweed | 1
Wintergreen | 1
Tansy | 1
Chervil | 1

sorry if I missed anything! its been awhile since I've made a post and sometimes forget to log things in my storage <3
Lights: Off <3
Hello!
DA
csds!
Discord is ArcticFox#0652 for contact!
Goal; 0/250c$
"You'll miss a opportunity for every chance you don't take"
SushiFoxx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby espen. » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:58 am

Last Explore Post | Last Response Received
Kestrelspeck yawned, shaking off the sleep from her coat. She nudged Copperflight awake, trying not to step on Beedrop on the way out of the den. Copperflight followed and instantly brightened when she saw Mapleheart and Goldenblossom pop out of the Healer's den. The she-cat's paws sped up as she greeted Mapleheart with a lick to the forehead.

Kestrelspeck rolled her eyes comically and flicked her tail, signaling the she-cats to head out for their patrol.

"Oof, wait, Kestrelspeck. Can we eat first? I'm reallyyyy hungry, and I can't focus on plants unless I'm properly fed. Right?" Goldenblossom tilted her head towards the two lovers, Copperflight and Mapleheart. The latter smiled warmly and nodded, giving permission for the quick stop before the journey.

Kestrelspeck sighed, and grabbed a plump bird and some scraps. [ -1 bird 4 FP | -1 scraps 1 FP ]

Goldenblossom followed suit and nicked a simple mouse. [ -1 mouse 2 FP ]

After eating, the cats of LagoonClan ventured into the familiar forest, with Kestrelspeck in the lead, Goldenblossom in the back, and Mapleheart and Copperflight side-by-side.

-----

"So, how are Honeykit and Lavenderkit doing, Copperflight? I heard Brightwhisker just adores them!" Goldenblossom had her tail lifted up and she smiled.

"They're both almost apprentices, Goldenblossom. And I wish I could spend more time with them, especially when they were kits, but a Hunter's duty is really important. Although, Mapleheart here made sure to spend lots of her free time with them." The she-cat nudged the other playfully.

"The two little ones are so pure and truly a gift to us from StarClan. And Brightwhisker is an amazing Life-Queen. Definitely meant to be one," said Mapleheart. Although she was a Healer and couldn't really afford to have her attention split, Seastar made the rank of Life-Queen, so any cat who wanted to could start a family and not worry about being torn between duties and loved ones.

Goldenblossom's heart brightened with the two cats' remarks. They were such a cute couple, and she was really proud to be Honeykit's and Lavenderkit's adopted aunt. Oh what fun they would have together once she got a hold of them!

"Hey, you three. We're gonna divide into groups. Hunter to Healer," Kestrelspeck barked, growing slightly agitated at all of their laziness in the back to the group. She rounded up the rambunctious Goldenblossom and said a curt goodbye to Mapleheart and Copperflight as they set off into the fern-adorned forest.
[ 395 words ]

--cats on patrol
Kestrelspeck | HP 100% | HUP 50% | Sick: N
Mapleheart | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Goldenblossom | HP 96% | HUP 40% | Sick: N
Copperflight | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 2
experience: 268/300

--inventory
Mouse | 2 FP | x3
Scraps | 1 FP | x4
Squirrel | 3 FP | x1
Bird | 4 FP | x1
Shrew | 2FP | x2

Lavender | usage | x1
Cobwebs | usage | x2
Horsetail | usage | x2
Foxglove Seeds | usage | x2
Sweet-sedge | usage | x2
Lungwort | usage | x3
Borage Leaves | usage | x3
Comfrey Root | usage | x2
Dandelion | usage | x1
Mint | usage | x1
Catmint | usage | x1
Chamomile | usage | x1
Tormentil | usage | x1
Chickweed | usage | x1
Feverfew | usage | x1
Goatweed | usage | x1
--items in inventory used
Bird | 4 FP | x1
Scraps | 1 FP | x1
Mouse | 2 FP | x1

-- active quests:
quest #1 (linked)
espen.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[030.] ★ viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:35 pm

HOLLOWCLAN !
    user + clan link: mooshyy + clan archive
    responding to: mooshyy's last post
    xx+10XP for writing, + 20XP for patrol sent
    xx+2XP for prey collected, +4XP for herbs found
    Twin robins chirped a gentle duet, their song rising and falling with the autumn winds, converging into one. Her head tipped up toward the two lovebirds huddled close. Leaf-bare’s approach was soon and even the little birds knew. But right now, leaf-fall was in full swing, unfurling with its own theme and song.

Along with heralding a new visitor with the new season.

Tiny mushrooms danced through the forest, creating a meandering path in and out of the trees. Bold and red mushrooms, dotted with a smattering of white speckles over its red tops. A few berries followed in its path… perhaps left by a fellow wanderer. (+1FP berries)

With a tilt of her head, she traced the path, weaving through the towering pines strewn through the forest. The path of shrooms twisted and turned, twining as if a vine spiralling across a lone branch… then stopped. Abruptly.

Her brows knitted. Odd.
    It just ended without stuttering or thinning out━

It hadn’t.

Just ahead, a ring of mushrooms rested, weaving in a whorl. Mushrooms of all colors, all shapes and all sizes━from spotted ones to tiny, pale white ones to furled shroom of faint, warm tones. And within the center of the shroom crown… a patch of gold blossoms. Herbs. (+1 tormentil, +1 sweet sedge)

totals;
    xx+0% hunger for each patrol cat (one free post left!)
    xxxx↳ hollowstar (0% hunger)

xx+36XP → level 1 (46/200XP)
    xx+1FP berries
    xx+1 tormentil, +1 sweet-sedge

notes; n/a! <3

Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[031.] ★ viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:03 am

THE TRIBE OF SINGING WIND !
    user + clan link: bigfrog4231 + clan archive
    responding to: bigfrog4231's last post
    xx+40XP for writing, + 20XP for patrol sent, + 10XP for border skirmish
    xx+14XP for prey collected, +2XP for item found
    Three seconds.

In three seconds, the world dissolved into chaos. War cries halted, growls terminated and tensions severed, replaced by the shrill shriek of laughter. All that remained… the shambles of a destroyed reputation. From a scrawny, mouse-brained, well… mouse. (+2FP mouse)

Snow’s teeth gnashed, tail lashing behind her. She hunched her shoulders, squaring them as the loner doubled over near breathless with laughter. A growl slid through her jaws. “You done?”

The loner straightened, gulping down another breath. “H-he just…”

"Fell. I get it." She grimaced, gaze darting over her shoulder. “He’s an idiot sometimes. Get over it.”

The culprit of all this mockery rolled to his paws, shaking the dirt from his fur. Gold leaves fluttered from the tom's pelt as he set his jaw, biting back a wince. His sky blue eyes glinted. "It's thanks to this guy." Pebble swung the lifeless mouse between his jaws. "Of all places, it wanted to run in my direction when━" (-3% health for pebble for a pawsprain! no herbs or rest needed for him to return to patrol!)

She silenced the tom with a swift flick of her tail. “Enough. As for you…” Her gaze fell upon the loner. “Leave. You have no right to be here.”

For once, the screeches of mockery faded. The loner’s head tipped upwards, then down. A small, stiff nod. “On my way, then.” He snickered softly. “Thanks for the laugh. I’ll just take my fill━”

She stepped forward. “The prey as well.”

“Even the scraps?” His ears flicked. “You know leaf-bare is coming soon and…”

He never finished.

His eyes widened, the dancing light fading from his eyes as she neared, along with the bulk of her patrol, all fanning out around her. Idiotic tumble aside, the patrol was comprised of capable protectors, each with their own skillsets. If redeeming the tribe’s reputation was what it took to send the thief of their territory, so be it.

But it wasn’t the case.

With a shake of his head and a snort, the loner slunk aside, disappearing off the border ─ his illegal hunting expedition and bounty seized. (+4FP large bird, +1FP scraps)

Oh! What’s that?” Robin meandered close, nosing something within the bounty. “It’s… shiny.”

Snow tilted her head. In the center of the pile, a slender glass bottle poked its way out. The glass captured the sun, radiating shades of a thousand colors as if a prism. And within… an ancient scroll filled with hieroglyphics. The obscure symbols glowed, pulsing with an arcane energy, holding promises of secrets within. (+1 boon of fertility ━ an extra breeding slot after a free, monthly nursery slot has been used!)

totals;
    xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ snow (40% hunger), fang (20% hunger), robin (20% hunger)
    xxxxpebble (50% hunger), petal (40% hunger), bird (20% hunger)

xx-3% health for pebble (no herbs or rest needed!)
    xxxx↳ pebble (97% health)

xx+86XP → level 4 (151/500XP)
    xx+4FP large bird, +2FP mouse, +1FP scraps
    xx+1 boon of fertility

notes; hello! thank you for updating your explore code ─ it's eternally helpful! i also adore all your kitties ─ the personalities you have written for them are all so precious! <33

this is something small (so don't stress, ahh), but in that update, there was also a request to directly list your prey/herb inventory in your explore post (instead of linking it). you can absolutely still use the spreadsheet for your records and continue linking it in your explore posts ─ i can definitely see how it's helpful with all that info! however, if you could also list your prey and herb inventory in your next explore post, that would be awesome! ^^

if you need any help at all transferring that (or just figuring how how to work this all into your code!), please let me know! i'm always open to help! herb usage has also been removed, so you wouldn't have to list that as well if you'd prefer not to! <3

Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[032.] ★ viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:27 am

MISTCLAN !
    user + clan link: sushifoxx + clan archive
    responding to: sushifoxx's last post
    xx+60XP for writing, + 10XP for patrol sent, + 5XP for predator attack
    xx+1XP for prey collected, +2XP for herbs found
    Pine and maple infused the brisk, autumn breeze, a tantalizing duo weaving a delightful tango. Her eyes closed as she inhaled the sweet aroma, savoring the early greetings of leaf-fall. A small smile touched her muzzle as another scent hit her… saccharine and juicy. Blackberries.

Shaking herself, she traced the cloying fragrance, weaving around sparse shrubbery. Leaves descended from above, stripping long, outstretched branches bare. All that was left remained twisted, gnarled branches… almost serpentine. She shook herself, brows furrowed. No good to wander down that path ━ not with tensions back at camp as tightly wound as it was.

Bzzzt.

A soft yelp left her as a beetle buzzed past her nose, zooming straight for a bush. A bush brimming with a sweet fragrance, overwrought with thin reeds and leaves, along with flowers. Flowers as if spun from flames, capturing the crimson-gold life of the crackling light. She grinned, catching a small beetle between her paws. A two for one deal. (+1FP bugs, +1 hawkweed, +1 rush)

Now to find those blackberries━

The serpentine branches gave way, snapping as if struck by a force. A force of feathers dappled with the hues of the morning. The barn owl. Was it still enraged over that hollow raid?

Her eyes widened as claws surged towards her. Forcing a quick breath in, she ducked, sliding beneath the fierce ire of the owl’s talons. She pressed herself close to the ground, unsheathing her claws. A low hiss left her as the large bird hovered, alighting on a nearby branch. Its head pivoted, almost a full circle, dark moon-like eyes piercing. Haunting.

The owl emitted a low raspy hiss, shaking its wings. A final, low swoop over her head and it left, taking flight in silent retreat. The only remnant of its presence: a lone, speckled feather.

Echostar sighed, shoulders easing. She touched a paw to the feather, daring a glance at the skies. It’d left… without too much of a fight. Would it be back?

Perhaps. There was no telling.

Maybe when she got back… she sniffed, wrinkling her nose. Her nose… she scraped a paw in the dirt, darting aside from the owl’s feather. A sneeze slowly grew, building up at the back of her throat; the bare hint of it. Had that owl been sick?

Echostar has caught a cold from that pesky owl! To heal her, she needs one herb
    from the following list: yarrow, tormentil, foxglove seeds or blackberry leaves!

totals;
    xxxx↳ echostar (20% hunger)

xxsickness stats
    xxxx↳ echostar (sick!)

xx+78XP → level 2 (164/300XP)
    xx+1FP bugs
    xx+1 hawkweed, +1 rush

notes; hello! to answer your question, echostar will stay at 95% health until you specify that she returned to rest at camp (taken off patrol) and was also given at least one herb. after that, her health will be at 100% once again! the 'health and healing section' in the explore thread's front page was also recently updated if you'd like more in-depth info! everything else looks perfect ─ thank you for updating your explore code! ^^

as well, if you don't have the right herbs to heal sickness, don't stress! remember that mousespeck is always open to swap herbs (she'd love a visit c;) or you can hop on over to the #stars-ads channel in stars' discord to see if any users would be willing to trade the herb you're looking for! <33

LAGOONCLAN !
    user + clan link: quirky; + clan archive
    responding to: quirky;'s last post
    xx+50XP for writing, + 20XP for patrol sent
    xx+10XP for prey collected, +2XP for herbs found
    The gentle kiss of feather-like fronds skimming her fur was like the morning’s tranquility, a delicate call towards that secret, untouchable place tucken within, away from the chaos of clan life. But it was hardly enough to block the stench of death assaulting her nose.

Kestrelspeck crouched low, rounding the base of an old, crooked tree. The source of the stench was too… overpowering. It was impossible not to follow. And she’d follow it, track it down until she found the source. Till the end of dawn.

She flicked a tail, gesturing for… a certain healer to follow. A certain healer… poking around the dirt. Not at all watching her for cues. Withholding a sigh, she waited an extra second. Two seconds. Maybe three.

Her claws tapped against a tree root slithering across the dirt. Oh for the love of━

“Okay, okay! I’m here!” A long, golden tail sailed over the crest of ferns as the healer stepped close, shoulders lifting in an apologetic shrug. “Sorry, just needed a second to snag something. This.” Goldenblossom thrusted a faint, delicate flower towards her, a wide grin painting her muzzle. “You like? Well, you should! It’s an important herb!” (+1 bright-eye)

One breath in. And out.

“Great.” Taking a few steps aside, she managed a strained smile. Stars, it probably was more of a grimace. “Now come. And watch your head ━ by the Stars, don’t hit it again. There’s something…”

Oh.

The scene unravelled like a flurry of feathers caught in the wind.

Oh.

The harbinger of the acrid stench ━ it was nothing more than a crumpled creature of the skies. A carrion creature, once crowned with glory and majesty, revered by the mighty and small. But now… one with clipped wings, fragile and broken, like ice splintered under the weight of harsh claws. A dead vulture. (+5FP vulture)

And they weren’t the first here. Another scent, another creature━

“...what? What did you… oh.” The healer meandered close, sniffing the bird. “It’s dead. There’s also… huh another scent. Maybe of a━”

“Fox.” Copperflight’s voice slipped through the clearing, a gentle cadence rising above the solemnity, flowing with urgency. Her ears flicked as her partner flanked her side. “Mapleheart and I spotted a flash of red fur not too far from here.” A nod towards the fallen bird. “And I’m willing to bet it’s responsible for the prey scattered about.”

Copperflight has spotted a fox nearby! Image
    Does the patrol choose to pursue the fox or leave it alone?

totals;
    xxxx↳ kestrelspeck (10% hunger), mapleheart (10% hunger), goldenblossom (30% hunger), copperflight (10% hunger)

xx+82XP → level 2 (350/300XP) → level 3 (50/400XP)
    xx+5FP vulture
    xx-4FP bird, -2FP mouse, -1FP scraps
    xx+1 bright-eye

congrats! you've reached level three and received an additional +2FP (your choice), +1 herb (your choice) and +1 nr myo!

notes; hello, i hope your day is going well! since this can get easily buried under all the explore shenanigans, there was an update to the explore code in this announcement! whenever you get the chance, i'd love if you could update your explore code for your next explore post! <33

the updated code can be found on the explore thread's main page, but if you'd like a quick list of needed elements: pronouns for all your patrol kitties, herb usage no longer needed (optional), death opt-in listed (and linked!) and your custom predator/prey form (if any).

as always, my pms are always open if you have any questions at all! ^^

Last edited by Vivika on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swishy & Broken » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:34 am

Swishy & Broken wrote:

Image©