Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

explore replies!!

Postby sunny-skies » Sat May 29, 2021 12:28 pm

Vinson wrote:Image

not far from camp, a small bundle of herbs caught rustlingraven's eye, tucked away under a small clump of bushes and partly concealed under the leaves. making sure to not pierce the fragile stalks with her teeth, the molly picked the herbs gently before turning to show the other two her findings. upon seeing the herbs that they carried in their jaws, rustlingraven's clanmates gave them small nods of approval. she smiled softly, brimming with pride upon already proving to be a useful member of her new clan. (+1 celadine, +1 lungwort, +1 catchweed)

it wasn't long after when soulstealer had picked up the scent of prey, and the tom quickly came to a halt upon recognizing it to be a squirrel. he turned to pursue the prey's scent, creeping forward slowly with his belly low to the ground. the scent led to a nearby cluster of trees, where he was quickly able to spot the squirrel nosing its way among the underbrush as it searched for food. once he had neared the area he froze for a moment, his eyes fixated on the creature only a few feet away, before launching himself forward. though it attempted to scurry up a nearby tree, the tom was faster, and had managed to trap it between his paws before it had the chance to escape his reach. the tom delivered a swift, well-placed bite to its neck before picking it up in his jaws, satisfied with his catch. (+3fp, +3xp)

hiddenpine slowed his pace, his eyes narrowed slightly and his nose lifted slightly into the air. "dog," the tom hissed, his muscles tensed as he spoke. "two of them, I think. their scent is pretty strong, and they can't be too far off from where we are". the other cats paused to scent the air, the fresh, distinct scent of dogs only confirming what the tom had stated. one dog alone was dangerous enough, and hiddenpine was even less optimistic about their chances of fighting two of them. getting into a scuffle with the dogs might do more harm than anything, as it could easily end with one of them becoming injured or worse. on the other hand, they were trespassing on their clan's territory, and could possibly even bring harm to the clan if left undisturbed. the two newcomers turned to soulstealer, who had become more familiar with the territory, for instructions on what to do. would they pursue the dogs and attempt to chase them off, or leave them alone and hopefully avoid any possible confrontation with them?

+150xp for 2892 words written
+10xp for patrol sent
+0% hunger (2 free posts left!)

total :

+166xp | +0% hunger | +1 celadine, +1 lungwort, +1 catchweed | +3fp (squirrel) | level 1 (66/200)

congrats, you've leveled up! you've recieved +1fp (scraps)

DarkestWerewolf wrote:Wild’s Calling Clan

the morning sun had just begun to rise when the patrol stepped outside of camp, the cats already fully alert as they glanced around at their surroundings. once they had made their way deeper into the forest, phantom paused, turning around to face the the rest of the patrol before saying, "how about we split up? we'll regroup before returning to camp, but this way we'll have a better chance of making a few catches". the rest of the patrol gave a small nod in understanding before dispersing, with sarano accompanying the leader to the fields while morax and sorano moved towards the river.

morax stood crouched upon the flat surface of a rock ledge, her gaze fixed intently on the stream of water in front of her. fish were always so quick to catch, there one moment and gone the next, so she had to make sure that nothing escaped her gaze. she stood as still as she could, her muscles rigid as her gaze scanned over the water... there! the gleam of sunlight hitting scales had swiftly caught her eye, followed by a small ripple before the fish darted back underwater. aimed at the area where she assumed the minnow must have been, the molly's paw shot into the water. she brought her paw back only a few moments later, this time with a small fish pierced in her claws. (+3fp, +3xp)

the soft sound of pawsteps caused the molly's eyes to widen in alarm, but she quickly relaxed upon seeing calypso standing a few feet away, a couple of herbs held in her jaws. dropping the herbs by her front paws for a moment to speak, the other molly explained that she had found a small patch in a clearing not too far off from where morax had been fishing. (+1 borage leaves, +1 ragwort)
as the two turned to rejoin the others, calypso managed to point out some prey scraps peeking under a nearby log, partially hidden from sight. while it didn't look like it would be much of a meal, it was still always good to gather as much food as they could for the clan. (+1fp, +1xp)

+45xp for 751 words written
+10xp for patrol sent
+0% hunger (1 free post left!)

total :

+56xp | +0% hunger | +1 borage leaves, +1 ragwort | +3fp (minnow), +1fp (scraps) | level 0 (98/100)

phantom-chain wrote:───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
ImageImageImage
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

cavestar and smokyquartz moved forward carefully, making sure to step as softly as they could. a fully-grown dog was a dangerous creature to come across, being so much larger and stronger than they were, and it would take a good amount of luck on their part to come out of any fights with one unscathed. it would be best to observe it from afar, just so they could get a good look at what was happening.
however, as they kept pursuing the dog's scent, cavestar began to notice that the trail led away from the mountains, and eventually towards the outskirts of the forest itself. it seemed as though, for whatever reason, the dog they had scented had left the territory. as he wasn't all too keen on leaving caveclan territory, and definitely not getting into a possible fight with a dog in an unfamiliar area, cavestar decided that it would be best to leave it alone. it was already gone, anyway, and was no longer a threat to them. turning to smokyquartz, the tom gave a small shake of his head. "let's move on. it's still fairly early in the day, and I don't want us to return to camp with our paws empty". smokyquartz nodded in agreement, and together the two turned to make their way deeper into the territory.

as they weaved through the trees, the two cats surveyed the area around them. the forest was almost completely silent, aside from the soft crunch of dead leaves that cavestar's ears were able to pick up. he paused in his steps, stopping for a moment to listen to his surroundings more clearly. his gaze searched the underbrush for a moment before he managed to spot a vole among the bushes, nibbling at a patch of grass. he crept forward, silently inching his way towards the creature until he was only a couple feet away from where it stood. he paused for a moment to readjust his paws before springing forward, and in only a few moments he had caught the creature under his claws. he quickly broke its neck with one paw, making the kill quick and painless. (+2fp, +2xp)

smokyquartz pointed out(+1 parsley, +1 yarrow)

+10xp for 94 words written
+10xp for patrol sent
+0% hunger (1 free post left!)

total :

+24xp | +0% hunger | +1 parsley, +1 yarrow | +2fp (vole) | level 0 (68/100)
sunny-skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Warriors Survival Game • Explore

Postby Vinson » Sat May 29, 2021 3:35 pm

The three newly made clanmates stood huddled together, attempting to stay quiet. Soulstealer stood stock still, remembering how he had been driven from his former territory and band because of his failed attack on a single dog. That was with an entire alley full of rogues, and now there were only three of them in fighting shape. He looked at his two companions, trying to read their emotions and thoughts, looking at how lean they both were. He was smooth-coated but stocky and muscular, while Rustlingraven had a mixed build, and Hiddenpine was in no way made for fighting. He shook his head. "Let's leave them alone for now", he growled under his breath, startling Hiddenpine. The poor thing was frightened to the bone, and there was no way Soulstealer was leading this little band into any sort of battle any time soon. "Hiddenpine, you take Rustlingraven's herbs back to camp and let Carrionstar know that we scented two dogs. The two of us will patrol a while longer and decide what to do about them," he instructed the white tom, who nodded shakily and collected the herbs that Rustlingraven had carefully picked not too far back. He turned on long, limber legs and darted back towards their makeshift camp like a bolt of lightning, every hair standing on edge.

Soulstealer glanced warily at Rustlingraven, who was trying to look braver than he knew she was feeling. While she was a fine hunter, and had a good nose for herbs, he could tell she was not one to pick a fight without knowing she had a clear advantage. He opened his jaws once more, letting the pungent scent of the dogs waft into his mouth. He would remember this scent for a while. Signaling for Rustlingraven to follow, he suddenly had an idea - this small clan was no match for the two dogs, but Soulstealer knew his way around the city and knew that there were several small bands of rogues or loners who would consider joining a larger group - if only for the safety of the group. Making sure to stay aware of how much noise he made, Soulstealer gave Rustlingraven a small smile. "Follow me. We're going to make this clan stronger," he meowed, gesturing to the right with a flick of his ear. She narrowed her yellow eyes at him, but followed with quiet paw steps down the narrow alley and through a hole in a cinderblock wall, traversing across another larger alleyway. They made sure to stay out of sight of the main streets, and Rustlingraven kept a constant watch for any dogs or other threats while Soulstealer led the way. He stopped at another older, abandoned building, letting out a yowl and sitting at the entrance.

Two cats quickly emerged from the building, both black tabbies, one who looked very similar to Carrionstar. The other one had gold patches of fur and a ticked pattern, but what struck Rustlingraven the most were the bits of gold that shimmered on the cat's ears and nose. She caught herself staring and quickly glanced away, heat rising to her face. Who was she to stare? The black tabby tom didn't look the friendliest, and he had multiple scars on his shoulders and face, but Rustlingraven sensed that he could be trusted. He was built heavily, much like Soulstealer, and although his unfeeling amber eyes gave nothing away, she sensed that he was happy to see Soulstealer.

"Crowcrawl, Tumblinghawk!" Soulstealer called happily, getting up from his seated position at the entrance of the building to scent and share tongues with these two new cats. "This is Rustlingraven. We're both part of a new clan, and we were patrolling the territory when we scented two dogs. I sent another cat back to warn our leader, but he is wounded and doesn't yet have his nine lives. Would you be interested in joining us, and possibly fighting off these dogs?" he asked, flicking his notched ear. Tumblinghawk, the lighter tom, opened his mouth to speak before Crowcrawl interrupted him. "And what's in it for us?" he asked, voice strong and commanding, gruff and raspy. "A place in our clan, in the safety of other cats," Rustlingraven answered with narrowed eyes. "And perhaps, if you prove yourself to Carrionstar and help us fight off these dogs, a place of honor and duty among the rest of us."

Crowcrawl looked back at Tumblinghawk, who had a build similar to Rustlingraven's, and then back at Soulstealer. The big tom nodded, nudging Soulstealer's shoulder and giving a small, dark smile. Tumblinghawk looked dejectedly at the large tom, but then huffed and padded over to Rustlingraven. "So," he mewed, turning to talk to her while the two scrappers led the way back towards the camp and the place where Hiddenpine had scented the dogs. "How did you come to be part of this clan?" Tumblinghawk's meow was gentle and soothing, and Rustlingraven felt calmed by his presence. She explained how she had been hunting in the forest when she witnessed Carrionstar's attack before leading him back to the city and meeting the other two members of their clan, the clan of the broken night. Tumblinghawk nodded, looking thoughtful, but Rustlingraven still couldn't stop staring at the pieces of gold that were wrapped around the tom's ears, and pierced through his nose. He smiled gently, lip curling pleasantly as Rustlingraven once again felt heat rise to her face. "Well, a cat's got to look his best, doesn't he?" He asked, reaching a paw up to sway one of the gold pieces. "I always stood out, especially when my human would take me to the ink place. That's where he gave me my earrings and nose piercing. They hurt a bit at first, but I love them now," he purred, flicking an ear and making one of the earrings flick back as well. She wanted to ask him more about his former life, but the small band had reached the place with the dog scent and the two bigger toms stopped to scent and make a plan.

"Rustlingraven and Tumblinghawk, you two are the fastest and smallest of the four of us. One of you should jump up on the fence to sight the dogs, while the other should get their attention. Rustlingraven, you can run - Tumblinghawk is carrying a kit and needs to be safe for its sake, so he can watch from the fence and instruct you on where to run and where the dogs are coming from. He'll also let you know when me and Soulstealer are in position at the far end of the alley, where you'll drive the dogs to. There's a drainage pipe over there, so you'll run and leap to the top of that and hopefully the dogs will fall in and be swept away. If not, we are prepared to fight," Crowcrawl instructed the small band of clanmates. He and Soulstealer made their way quietly and carefully towards the drainage pipe, while Tumblinghawk leaped up onto the top of the cinderblock fence and looked at her with a small smile. Rustlingraven was ready - when Tumblinghawk nodded, she darted out and caught the attention of the dogs, yowling at them and hoping they would follow her. They were ready to defend their new territory and teach these dogs a lesson!

[ 1229 words ] [ free post 2/3 ]

--cats on patrol
Carrionstar | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Crowcrawl | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Soulstealer | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Rustlingraven | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Hiddenpine | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Tumblinghawk | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 1
experience: 66 / 200

--food inventory
scraps | 1 FP | x1
mice/rats | 2 FP | x0
voles | 2 FP | x0
small fish | 2 FP | x0
squirrels | 3 FP | x1
eels | 3 FP | x0
birds | 4 FP | x0
big fish | 4 FP | x0
muskrat | 5 FP | x0
otter | 5 FP | x0
sharks | 5 FP | x0
--items in inventory used
none
--predators:
in the city ;; dogs, foxes, coyotes
in hunter's woods ;; bears, wolves, bobcats,
marten, mink, hawks, eagles
in the ocean ;; sharks, sea eagles,
seals, sea lions
--herb inventory
catchweed | stops poultices from rubbing | x1
celandine | soothes damaged eyes | x1
lungwort | cures yellowcough | x1
Vinson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Sun May 30, 2021 2:23 am

Third explore post

It was another new day. The moons have come and went. The wobbly kittens from before are now apprentices, all independent and able to care for themselves, for the most part. They still have to be under the supervision of a grown warrior but they’re able to hunt and forage for themselves now.

Phantom sighed. It was time. The clan has grown from its humble beginnings. However, they will need to branch out and expand their territory if they choose to grow bigger and sustain themselves in future. The lone leader stood at the top of the cave, gazing out into the horizons. Calypso, Morax and Sorano all waiting for him below. They have been familiar to the Plains of Rhea, having explored much of it. However, the east of Secret Haven was still widely unexplored. Serene Woodlands lies east of Secret Haven. What mysteries does it hold? Are there any hostile creatures? Food source? Another clan? Only one way to find out.

“Time for an expedition to the east. We’re going to Serene Woodlands. We move at dawn.” Phantom said.

The clan had been prepping for an expedition and it was finally time. At the crack of dawn, the 4 left the safety and comfort of their cave. The apprentices watched silently as they left.

As the sun slowly rose higher, they started to wake up and brighten the mood. It was going to be a long trek to the woodlands so they might as well do something to keep themselves occupied. Calypso and Morax were great conversation starters and always kept the ball going. By noon, they finally arrived at the border between Secret Haven and Serene Woodlands. Phantom decided that it was a good time for a break as they decided to hunt and forage for food around. Morax automatically headed for the shore of Naga’s Lake to fish. The molly had definitely gotten better at it. Sorano stayed by her side, watching her fish. Her technique was odd but effective. Sorano on the other hand was quick on her paws, being able to fish by using her claws to stun and fling the fish out of water. As for Phantom and Calypso, they were much more adept at hunting on ground and had already caught a hare and sparrow. Once they had caught their meal, the 4 rested under the shade of a tree as they enjoyed their meal.

After a hearty lunch, they were off once again. The sun was up in the sky but there wasn’t any wind, making it a rather hot trek. They took a few pit stops along the way and even took a dip in the lake to cool off. It was unfortunate that there weren’t a lot of trees around but the tall grass held indications of life as scampering groundhogs could be seen darting into their burrows when the felines walked by. They finally arrived at the outskirts of Serene Woodlands with slightly under 2 hours of sunlight to spare. First thing on the agenda was to find a safe shelter first. Phantom made it clear not to wander too deep into the forest, should they accidentally traipse into a predator or another clan’s territory.

They scoured for a bit before Sorano found a large hole under a tree. It looked to be an old fox den and it was pretty roomy too. Morax went to find some branches and large leaves to cover the entrance at night. The clan was lucky enough to encounter berry bushes nearby and settled on it for dinner. The forest so far didn’t seem bad at all. The 4 huddled together for the night, exhausted from a day of walking.

It was mid-morning when they had awoken and decided to spend the day exploring. They were kept on guard, silently crossing the forest floor. Birds could be heard chirping amongst the tall trees. The forest seemed to live up to its name - serene but it was better to be cautious. They couldn’t pick up on any scent or sign of another clan so the forest is probably still free space. As the day went on, it became quite clear that they weren’t the only predators. Foxes were a common sight and the clan had seen a few across the span of the day. However, foxes were more skittish and would usually flee when they encounter the warriors. Food and water was in abundance so it wasn’t a worry. By nightfall, the clan was back in the den, huddled together. A very faint cry of a wolf could be heard but it was safe to say that it wasn’t in the forest and wouldn’t pose a threat at the moment.

By the next morning, the clan was up and ready to head back. Their expedition to Serene Woodlands proved to be a success. Phantom was extremely pleased with the turn out and it was definitely a place that the clan would expand into in future.
[ 833 words ]

--cats on patrol
Sorano | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Calypso | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Morax | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Phantom | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 0
experience: 98

--inventory
prey | 1 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
Minnow | 3 FP | x1
Rabbit | 4 FP | x1

Broom | Used in poultices | x1
Wintergreen | Used to treat wounds & poison| x1
Burnet | Used to give strength | x1
Ragwort | Used for aching joints and strength | x1
Borage Leaves | Brings down fever | x1
NIL
--predators:
predator #1
predator #2
predator #3
predator #4
DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gravis Cordis » Sun May 30, 2021 5:38 pm

In the days following the false alarm with the fox, Windchaser had discovered two kits abandoned by the twoleg bridge. The lean calico she-cat and her mate, Silentstalk, had gladly taken in the two kits and named the she-kit Wind and the tom Silent. As the first kits to be adopted into the clan, Lightstar was pleasantly surprised to see their naming system finally be used. The kits were named after their adopted parents, and once they became apprentices, they would receive a suffix, and then they would earn their full name. Lightstar would be observing their growth carefully, and when the time came, she hoped to have two more clanmates she could rely on.
Pleasantly full from a rabbit she had shared with three of her clanmates earlier, Lightstar focused on the hunt. She was grouped with Windchaser and Silentstalk while Brightspring and Rapidstrike had gone off to remark the nearby border. The kits were left with Shortspark, who had come to love her new kit-sitting duties. Luckily, the elderly she-cat's cold has subsided. So she was doing much better. They wouldn't be needing a gentlepaw just yet, but Lightstar was still feeling a little antsy without one. Windchaser meandered up to the clan leader and gently brushed against her shoulder.
The white and ginger she-cat jolted out of her thoughts and smiled warmly at her friend. "Sorry, Windchaser, what is it?" The calico she-cat glanced back at her shy mate, who smiled sweetly in return.
"Silentstalk and I were wondering if we might be allowed to take one of our kits into the twolegplace when they're older." Lightstar grimaced slightly at the mention of the dangerous twolegplace. Windchaser noticed this and quickly amended herself. "Well, not until a bit later, of course, but we were thinking that it would be a great idea to have a group of our clanmates that knows the twolegplace." Silentstalk trotted to place himself at Lightstar's other side, and the three cats came to a stop.
"What Windchaser meant is that it would be beneficial for some of us to know how to forage and travel in the twolegplace." Lightstar nodded slowly, somewhat understanding their viewpoint. It was true that it would be good for some of Lightclan to survive in the twolegplace. For now, though, she still felt that the twolegplace was much too dangerous for that. "While I think that's a good idea...it isn't possible right now."
Silentstalk and Windchaser exchanged curious, slightly annoyed glances, and Lightstar sighed. "I don't want anyone going into the twolegplace just yet." The leader moved so she would be standing in front of the two cats instead of between them. "It's too dangerous. However, once we ensure the twolegplace cats are no longer a threat, I'm sure we can start training a branch of warriors for that." Silentstalk nodded thoughtfully.
"That's a smart move. In all fairness, I wouldn't want any of our clanmates going in there yet." He shuddered slightly at the thought of it. "Especially with so few of us. Nobody would have enough cats with them to be safe." Windchaser narrowed her eyes at Silentstalk as if surprised to hear that from him. But, after a moment, she realized that both Lightstar and Silentstalk made good points. "I suppose that makes sense."
Of course, the calico she-cat really didn't like accepting when her ideas weren't the best. "I do hope we can make that happen eventually...though we can talk about it more later." Lightstar nodded in agreement.
"Yes, we'd better focus on hunting while Rapidstrike and Brightspring check the border." With the three cats in agreement, they all continued with the hunt. Lightstar and Windchaser almost always made a good team when they hunted, so they went together as Silentstalk followed a nearby scent trail.
-----
Meanwhile, Rapidstrike and Brightspring padded along the eastern border. They were near the training beach, simply remarking the border. Brightspring examined a broken twig and sniffed around, seeming almost bored. At least she was being thorough. Rapidstrike looked out into the unclaimed territory, his green eyes staring suspiciously into the forest. He didn't trust whatever could be lying out there. Not surprising, considering the numerous scars his life in the wild had gifted him. Brightspring approached the tom, her light blue eyes slightly narrowed.
"Whatcha looking at Rapidstrike?" The tom started and turned to look at the younger cat. "Just observing." He gestured to the other half of the border with his tail. "I finished checking that half. Everything was in order." The silver and white tabby peered around Brightspring, noticing nothing out of the ordinary with her half.
"I presume all is well over there?" Brightspring nodded good-naturedly. "Yup. There was a suspicious-looking patch of crushed twigs and leaves, but no scent, so whatever it was must've happened a while ago." Rapidstrike frowned slightly at that. With so few cats, there weren't enough of them to check to borders consistently. It had actually been a few days since he'd been over here. The thought made him uneasy, to say the least.
"I hope we'll have enough cats to keep these borders freshly marked soon." Brightspring shrugged at that. "It's not so bad though. More cats mean more mouths to feed and more possibilities of cats getting sick." She flicked her tail, green eyes focused on a leaf between her paws. "We don't even have a gentlepaw. Though...I guess with more cats, we could assume a gentlepaw would be among them." The calico tabby laughed. "I would offer myself for the position...but I don't feel a connection with Starclan at all...not like that."
Rapidstrike looked at Brightspring curiously. "Do you know anything about herbs?" If she did, he could at least ask her to help train whichever cat they found that had a connection with Starclan and an interest in being a gentlepaw. Brightspring glanced at Rapistrike, eyes wide. "Well...not particularly. But I do know a few things. Mostly stuff about healing cuts and infected wounds. That's why I wasn't able to help Shortspark." Rapidstrike nodded. Why hadn't he heard about this before?
Did Lightstar know? She had to. Maybe he just hadn't been paying enough attention lately. He hadn't exactly used much of his time to get to know his new clanmates. He was friends with Silentstalk...sort of. And pretty close with Lightstar, but that was kind of it. That realization made the deputy feel a little guilty.
"Right...well, that's good to know Brightspring. Do you think you can help train a gentlepaw? At least, when we find one?" "Of course, I don't know much, but I can teach what I do know." Rapidstrike nodded approvingly. "Good...uh, thanks then." Brightspring chuckled lightly at the tom's awkwardness,
"Anytime Rapidstrike. I just want to be as helpful as I can." With that, Rapidstrike turned, his whiskers twitching uncomfortably. "Alright, well, we should get back to the others. Maybe see if we can catch anything along the way."
The two sharpclaws weren't specialized in hunting, but they liked to serve their clan as much as possible. In case their swiftclaw counterparts weren't lucky today, the clan would still need to eat. Especially Shortspark while she recovered her strength.

[ 1,198 words ]

--level 1
experience: 183/200

1 hare shared between Lightstar, Rapidstrike, Silentstalk and Whindchaser.
(I removed 10% hunger for these four cats in this post. So hunger can be added normally from here)

--cats on patrol
Lightstar | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: N
Rapidstrike | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: N
Silentstalk | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N
Windchaser | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N
Brightspring | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N
--predators:
Foxes (Common)
Weasel (Common)
Eagles
Stray dog(s) (Rare)
--inventory
FOOD
Scraps | 1 FP | x1
Bugs | 1 FP | x1
Wood mouse | 2 FP | x2
Shrew | 2 FP | x1
Hedgehog | 3 FP | x1
Hare | 4 FP | x1
HERBS
Marigold | Prevents
bleeding, inflammation, and
stops infection | x3
Chickweed | Used to
treat greencough | x4
Comfrey Root | Repairing
broken bones and soothing
wounds/inflammation | x1
Chervil | Used to
treat bellyaches and
infected wounds | x2
Tormentil | Good for
all wounds/extracting poison | x2
Bindweed | Binds sticks together to
mend a broken/sprained bone | x2
Willow Leaves | Used to
stop vomiting | x2
Burnet | A leaf
used to give strength | x1
Elder leaves | A leaf
often used to treat sprains | x1
Gravis Cordis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

explore replies!!

Postby sunny-skies » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:06 pm

snookie040604 wrote:Firclan

gorgestar made sure to keep a watchful eye of his surroundings as he stepped through the trees. the unfamiliar territory around him made him feel a bit uneasy, as the tom still wasn't used to straying far from the safety of his camp, but he was determined to explore the unknown areas of his clan's territory. he'd have to learn more about it at some point, after all, especially if he ever had intentions on expanding his clan one day. maybe he'd even manage to catch a meal during the calm afternoon, which would hopefully ease the gnawing hunger in his belly.

unfortunately, even after a while of thoroughly searching the area around him, the leader still found himself unable to pick up any signs of prey. his lack of knowledge on his newfound territory did little to aid him in his search, as he was still unsure of where prey and herbs were usually hidden from sight. just as he was about to turn and continue exploring elsewhere, something poking out from a nearby clearing quickly caught his eye. eager upon finally having found something, the tom rushed over to the clearing and soon discovered a well-sized clump of herbs among the bushes! (+1 dock, +1 stick, +1 lungwort)
while glad that he wouldn't, in fact, be coming back with his paws empty, gorgestar still continued on in hopes of finding more. it wasn't long until his wish was answered, as it wasn't long after when he caught the faint but familiar scent of a mouse. he pursued the scent only to find some partially eaten scraps of what had once been a mouse, tucked away inside of a dead log. perhaps whoever had caught it had intentions of returning later to eat what was left, but thankfully no signs of rogues or predators seemed to be present anywhere close by. deciding that it was much better than eating nothing, the tom decided to bring them along with him. (+1fp, +1xp)

+15xp for 143 words written
+10xp for patrol sent
+0% hunger (2 free posts left!)

total :

+29xp | +0% hunger | +1 dock, +1 stick, +1 lungwort | +1fp (scraps) | level 0 (29/100)
sunny-skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PARK » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:59 pm

the overpass colony post #01
how long it's been since there were enough cats roaming the area to warrant screaming matches in the middle of the day, and warm heaps of fur huddling for warmth under collapsing porches at night. urwisek hasn't seen hide nor hair of another cat in weeks; and that's saying something. his colony has been extinguished, but there are several others in this city.

maybe not, anymore. maybe they've been culled, too. he ponders this atop a long-empty trash bin. less competition over food. less competition over territory. but there's no need for territory without an established group of cats to rule it. he licks his foreleg, sore from an old healing raccoon bite. somewhere a few buildings down a dog barks. urwisek has seen this young dog. it lives safely behind a tall, sturdy wooden fence. from its top he has watched the mutt foam at the mouth as it throws its tantrum at him, droopy lips and long ears flopping about madly. it's almost like a game at this point. urwisek knows these streets, its residents, their habits... he could outsmart that stupid pup any day.

he stares lazily at a flock of pigeons waddling around on the rooftop across the street, their gentle coos eventually lulling him into a soft doze. the sun, high in the sky, warms his fur. when it retreats behind the skyline in a few short hours he'll hunt for his dinner.

[ 238 words ]

--cats on patrol
URWISEK | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 0
experience: 0

--inventory
insect (eg roach or cricket) | 1 FP | x0
mouse | 2 FP | x0
human scraps | 2 FP | x0
sparrow | 3 FP | x0
pigeon | 3 FP | x0
wet cat food | 4 FP | x0

yarrow | digestion aid | x0
stoneroot | UT treatment | x0
boneset | fever reducer | x0
spicebush | de-wormer | x0
foxglove | antitoxin | x0
n/a
--predators/dangers:
dog
fox
hawk/eagle
raccoon (territory disputes)
neighboring colonies (territory disputes)
PARK

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToraOkami303 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:06 am

Eagle Camp
First Explore Post

Blazepatch padded off into the woods outside the park looking for herbs, and maybe prey if something was handy. His paws making little sound as he carefully avoided anything that would draw too much attention to himself. Occasionally stopping to sniff at the bases of trees and changing direction as his training dictated to locate the things the camp needs the most right now. His ears constantly swiveling and twitching as he keeps part of his attention on the world around him to avoid the local predators. He exits the woods carefully, peeking around as he slowly pads his way into a twoleg garden that's the easiest way to get to where he last saw herbs growing but is the most dangerous part of his journey....
[ 126 words ]

--cats on patrol
Blazepatch Image | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 0
experience: 0

--inventory
Scraps | 1 FP | x0
Bugs | 1 FP | x0
Mice | 2 FP | x0
Shrews | 2 FP | x0
Squirrels | 3 FP | x0
Frogs | 3 FP | x0
Rabbits | 4 FP | x0
Birds | 4 FP | x0

Bindweed | Binding | x0
Borage Leaves | Fever Reducer | x0
Burdock Root | Infection Prevention | x0
Burnet | Anti-acid | x0
Chamomile | Calming Agent | x0

None

--predators:
Hawks
Eagles
Dogs
Identity Soup, Genderfluid. My Toyhouse.
Token Design Shop || C$ Design Shop || 100 Gen Challenge || Gacha Doodles || 5c$ Gacha Beans
---
Artist For: Magic Falconry Academy || Galactipups
---
Trackers: All Storkverse | Storkies | MFA | Littlehearts | Vargs | Fairytales
---
Moonlight is Grazing
---
Please be patient with me on Oekaki. My tablet only half gets along with it so I tend to use both mouse and tablet now.
ToraOkami303

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BigFrog4231 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:32 pm

BigFrog4231 wrote:
-+- The Star Striders -+-
[A quick side note- I know I can share an inventory with my first clan, but I though the challenge of starting off with nothing would be fun! In emergency circumstances I'll grab some herbs or prey from The Tribe of Singing Wind, but I wanna try to challenge myself w The Star Striders! :3]

Twistedstar gazed to the stars above, this ancestors watching over him and the last remaining members of The Star Striders. Just a few days ago he had visited them, and he was gifted his nine lives and new name. He tried to hold his head high with honor and dignity, but it seemed harder and harder to with each passing day. Cats who hadn't been hunted by the dogs had either left for the safety of themselves and their kits, or had died due to infection or starvation. The clan was on it's last leg and it was now Twistedstar's duty to revive it and make it whole again. He crawled sleepily out of his den and glared at the dead monster in the center of The Star Yard. The leader was supposed to sleep inside of it, but the idea of sleeping inside of that creeped him out a little too much. He padded against the dusty ground and took in a deep breath, the leftover scents of sickness and blood swirling together in the air, making him sick to his stomach. He closes his eyes and regains himself, reminding himself that he was a leader- he needs to act like one.

``Dogtooth! Are you still here?`` Twistedstar called, his voice ringing around the scrap metal. He heard the noise of claws scraping against metal and dirt, and saw Dogtooth bounding over to him. He was lucky enough to only be left with a scar or two across his chest. He was young enough to fight off the infection with little to no issues. This relieved Twistedstar. ``There you are! I was wandering around the outskirts making everything was okay. We gotta make sure to protect what's ours!``, the brown cat meowed, chatty as ever. Dogtooth has always been a talkative cat, and never let anything hold him down. Twistedstar was proud of Dogtooth for his courage, and smiled at the sight of the cat. ``That's good, I'm glad you're doing okay.`` Twistedstar's gaze wandered back to the dead monster, looking ready to pounce at the two. He shook his head and decided he needed fresh air. ``Let's go out and hunt, we need to restock the Star Reader's den as well- and if we can't mark our territory Starclan knows what rogues will try to take our territory...`` The leader mewed, his mind filled to the brim of things he needed to do. Dogtooth seemed excited to leave The Star Yard, and bounded out of the camp, looking back to Twistedstar. ``Well, are you coming? We gotta stay sharp! Like every day is a rat raid or an attack! Think fast!`` Dogtooth shouted as he lunged to the leader, claws sheathed- pretending to attack him. Twistedstar's brain finally snapped back into focus as he jumped backwards and swung as Dogtooth's legs, tumbling the cat over. ``I still am sharp Dogtooth. Show more respect to your leader...`` Twistedstar hissed as he helped Dogtooth up. Dogtooth self consciously licked his chest and mumbled an apology. Twistedstar silently thanked the other cat, but would never admit it.

The two padded out of The Star Yard and into the city, the familiar stench of monster and twoleg filling the air. The scent of dog still lingered in the area- making both cats uneasy as they ventured out in search of food and herbs.``Starclan light our path and guide out paws to safety- we need you now more than ever``, Twistedstar prayed silently.
[ 580 words ]

--cats on patrol
-+- Twistedstar: HP- 100%, HUP- 0%, Sick- N
-+- Dogtooth: HP- 100%, HUP- 0%, Sick- N
--level 0
experience: 0/100

--inventory
Prey | 1 FP | x0
Prey | 2 FP | x0
Prey | 3 FP | x0
Prey | 4 FP | x0
Prey | 5 FP | x0

Herb | ??? | x0
Herb | ??? | x0
Herb | ??? | x0
Herb | ??? | x0
Herb | ??? | x0
N/A
--predators:
Foxes, Raccoons, Snakes, Opossums, Hawks, Skunks, Coyotes, Twolegs, Dogs, Other cats

posting this again bc i think it'd been buried ;w;
mac !! he/xem
``i like everything, im a great cool``

adult
⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅

est
transmasc
ImageImagexxxx

TH || LISTOGRAPHY
tokenz 4 art- open
TVR || TMA || BGG

⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅
BigFrog4231

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swishy & Broken » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:30 am

hey everyone !
    we have a brand new explore with a ton more mechanics and
    interesting additions over here; Forum/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=4566186

as soon as the writers are able to finish up replies for this explore,
    we'll be locking this thread and moving over there <3
Image Image Image

°°°°°
xxxxx Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0

Want some art?
Currently: drawing cats

❀ ✿ ❀
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi!
you can call me swishy, i use she/her
pronouns. i work full time at a senior
living facility and live a quiet, content
life with my fiancée and two cats. i
check cs every day, so don't feel shy
about giving me a poke <3 !!

Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ivyy. » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:02 am

BunnoBlizzard wrote:
≋O≋c≋e≋a≋n≋ ≋C≋l≋a≋n≋

Peachcrown's breathing quickened, her voice cracking in fear as she gathered her courage, "We need to find her." Ceadarflame looked at her in surprise, "O-oh, yes of course but let's be stealthy." She nodded determinedly to Ceadarflame and began creeping quietly by his side as the night air chilled her pelt and paws, fear for her clanmate and life gripping her heart.
[ 62 words ]

--cats on patrol
Ceadarflame | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N
Peachcrown | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N
Nightfall | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N
[url]Name[/url] | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
[url]Name[/url] | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 4
experience: 57/500

--inventory
Food:
1x Scrap = 1 FP per
2x Mice = 1 FP per
1x Hare = 4 FP per
1x Bird = 4 FP per

Herbs:
1x Celandine ll 2x Deadly Nightshade ll 1x Daisy Leaf ll 1x Goatweed ll 4x Bindweed ll 3x Yarrow ll 2x Tansy ll 2x Blackberry leaves
3x Cobweb ll 1x Comfrey root ll 2x Elders Leaves ll 1x Broom ll 1x Ragwort ll 2x Mallow leaf ll 2x Mint ll 2x Goldenrod ll 3x Poppy seeds 1x Willow bark ll 1x Stinging nettle ll 1x Lovage ll 1x Hawkweed ll 1x Lamb's Ear ll 1x Holly Berry ll 1x Willow Leaf ll 2x Sorrel
1x Thyme ll 1x Burdock Root

[ more can be found here: https://toyhou.se/BunnoBlizzard/charact ... er:1932401 ]
[/size]
The previous entire patrol eats 1x Hare + 1 Fat Shrew = 6 FP (for everbody on the last patrol on the last explore post of mine!)
--predators:
Barracuda, Eagle, Owl, Barracuda, Foxes, Big crabs, Jellyfish, Badgers, Hawks, Snakes, and Stormclan cats. (Tansypetal's murderous ex-clanmates)

Note to self:
Leafstep HUP: 10%
Tansypetal HUP: 10%
Last edited by ivyy. on Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
hi hi!! i'm ivyy. but you can call me isabella or bella <3

she/her - virgo - owner of two cats and three dogs - previous bun mom - animal enthusiast - equestrian

credit to iceycrushed for making my avatar for my use only <3
ivyy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me