Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Cretoz Unicorns by Ralonica Thorondor

Based on Click to view
Artist Ralonica Thorondor [gallery]
Time spent 1 minute, 30 seconds
Drawing sessions 2
137 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Cretoz Unicorns

Postby Ralonica Thorondor » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:18 pm

Cretoz Unicorns

Official Topic

The map of is Cré free to be used for public usage, but it isn't to be used for personal uses. Please credit me if you intend on using it. The map is not to be deformed in any way (this includes creating new features and naming mountains/valleys/watercourses) unless you are marking significant places and territories of herds.

History
Cretoz unicorns are tall, strongly-built unicorn-like creatures which live on the remote island of Cré. These unicorns are extremely hardy creatures, which live in an extremely harsh, mountainous landscape. No human has ever stepped on the island of Cré, so the unicorns have lived for years without disturbance.

Cretoz unicorns have three toes for their hoofs – one dominant one, and two secondary side ‘toes’ which help them balance on the steep, rocky landscape. Unlike normal unicorns, the Cretoz have two horns – one, curved main horn, and a smaller, curved secondary horn. They use these horns for fighting and for protection against predators. They have an extremely long mane, and a lion-like tail, which also helps them balance. Their ears are longer than usual, and are donkey-like. Males have small, sharp spurs on the backs of their hind legs, and they use these for fighting.

Cretoz unicorns almost always have a characteristic ‘cross’ marking on their backs, similar to that of a donkey’s. It is extremely unusual for a Cretoz not to have a marking like this, and a Cretoz without this marking will be sought after as attractive, rare and unusual – mares like this are in high demand in herds, and stallions like this tend to have bigger herds, but attract more enemies and jealous rivals. Cretoz unicorns are a bit taller than normal horses, and stallions have been known to reach up to 21hh.

They can live up to 40 years.

Characteristics:
- Two curved horns
- A long, thick mane
- A lion-like tail
- 3-toed hooves
- Natural markings
- A cross-like marking on the shoulder and back
- Between 18 and 21hh
- Males have spurs
- Spurs, horns and hooves are all the same colour

Cross-Mark Features:
- Cross-marks appear on all Cretoz, only very rarely will they not be present on a Cretoz
- Cross-Marks are usually one colour, sometimes two, but are only very rarely three colours
- Cross-Marks all come from the shoulder and back, with sometimes a dorsal stripe
- Cross-Marks are never broken - they are one continuous line from the shoulder / back
- Cross-Marks can stretch all the way down to the hooves and they can curve around the shoulder
- Cross-Marks can be many different shapes and designs

Adoption
To adopt a Cretoz, look at the ones which have ‘Adopt Me’ written on them. But be careful – a Cretoz may still have the ‘Adopt Me’ sign on them, but may be closed for forms, or the artist may have not removed the sign yet. Make sure you check the first post as well as the last few posts, to check that it hasn’t been won yet, or isn’t closed for judging.

Please don’t change the form on a Cretoz in any way – this includes ‘prettifying’ forms, and adding extra things to the form. If you do so, your form will be ignored. Correct forms have correct bolding tags, and the answer to the question is on the same line as the subheading. Correct forms are not centered, coloured or use any fancy fonts unless already in the original form.

You must have been registered for at least 5 months have made at least 200 posts to adopt a Cretoz.

Breedings
With breeding, you can breed your own Cretoz together, your Cretoz and someone else's Cretoz, or two of other people's Cretoz. You must get permission if you don't own the Cretoz. Different artists have different rules and payments for breedings, and you must follow them. Usually, the person who pays for the breeding gets the foal, but other arrangements are possible. You can only breed two Cretoz together of different genders, and the gender of the foal is random.

Mares have 2 breeding slots, and stallions have 3. You may not breed your Cretoz more than that amount of times.

Artists
Ralonica Thorondor
LostGosling
EnigmaticJackal
Zax
Potato.
ʀ ᴀ ᴡ ʀ
** I am currently NOT taking artist positions, so please DO NOT ask to be an artist! **

Rules
-> You are not allowed to create your own Cretoz or claim the species as your own.
-> Don’t copy other people’s entries when entering a contest.
-> Don’t apply for a Cretoz when it is closed for judging or if it has already been adopted.
-> A Cretoz can only mate with another Cretoz.
-> You are not allowed to use your Cretoz in a non-official RP.
-> You can only have a maximum of 5 Cretoz unicorns, unless you have permission to have more.
-> Do NOT beg or ask for a custom! Bribes don’t work, either. It will only get you a warning.
-> Do NOT ask to be an artist, mod or co-owner.
-> Do NOT post for pity, whinge about not getting a Cretoz, or try to guilt-trip Cretoz owners. This will NOT be tolerated on any account, and any problems should be PMed to me.
-> You are not allowed to request certain colourings, and you are not allowed to pressure artists to open breedings or create more Cretoz unicorns.

Warnings
Warnings will be given out if a person disobeys any rules. Warnings cannot be cleared, and will always stay there, even if you get a ban. They tell us how naughty you’ve been.

Banned
If you get 2 warnings, you will get a 1-week ban. If you get 3 warnings, you will get a 1-month ban. If you get 4 warnings, you will get a permanent ban and all your Cretoz unicorns will be put up for re-adoption. A Ban prevents you from entering in any adoptions or breedings which open during the ban time.

The Naughty Corner
.:BlessTheFall:. - 1

I would like to give full credit to Lilian Nightshade, who is absoultely amazing and made these lines. Thanks, Lilian!
Last edited by Ralonica Thorondor on Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:35 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Ralonica Thorondor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Cretoz Unicorns

Postby Plainsong » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:20 pm

Those are awsome! Can't wait to adopt one... <33
ImageImageImageImageImage
Plainsong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clara.anne » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:28 pm

<3333 them!
Can't wait to adopt!
<3
Anna
---------------------------xxx----------------------------
ImageImageImage
---------------------------xxx----------------------------

" i ' m _ d o i n g_ w h a t_ w e _ a l w a y s_ d o . _ _ _ _
w e ' r e _ g o i n g _ t o _ f i x _ t h i s . _ _ _
t o g e t h e r . "

xxx
clara.anne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wajas » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:49 pm

:D I so want one....! They remind my of Kirins.
wajas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MazBourne » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:55 pm

Night did such an amazing job with those lines <3
MazBourne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ralonica Thorondor » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:58 pm

I know, Maz. I especially love that mane... owo

First adoptable posted... check her out, guys! :3
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒

~☆~'~☆~

~☆~'~☆~
Lithions + Ophyals for sale
quit CS, contact me on dA

Signature art by LostGosling

CharactersAdopted Critters
OphyalsCepheus HoundsCretoz Unicorns

Ralonica Thorondor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jones. » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Marking :3
Jones.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fantasy girl » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:15 pm

God, this specie is so stunning, I'm so gonna stalk this thread!

And I love the background story about this specie, and this specie looks amazing Ral and Lillian!
A dear friend | The Soap | Wifey | Twin sister | Precious Gosling
➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳
WMEs | CKs | W.O.I |Short story gallery | My 200 WME Challenge | My dA | The Equid Gifting Game

Misc. wrote:Song; Houses - Beginnings
Thinking; hhhhhhhh I'll start my full lease on a horse 15th of September, so excited

➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳

fantasy girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -wild- » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:24 pm

Zomg stalking! 8D
// use to be wildhorse027 //
-may be slow to reply to things as my irl can be hectic <3-

-wild-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fantasy girl » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:30 pm

When my PC gets a new hardrive I'm sooo gonna make a fanart from the cover Cretoz! (;
A dear friend | The Soap | Wifey | Twin sister | Precious Gosling
➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳
WMEs | CKs | W.O.I |Short story gallery | My 200 WME Challenge | My dA | The Equid Gifting Game

Misc. wrote:Song; Houses - Beginnings
Thinking; hhhhhhhh I'll start my full lease on a horse 15th of September, so excited

➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳

fantasy girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me