Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Lithions - Creatures of Aleonor - FOR SALE by Ralonica Thorondor

Based on Click to view
Artist Ralonica Thorondor [gallery]
Time spent 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
19 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Lithions - Creatures of Aleonor - FOR SALE

Postby Ralonica Thorondor » Mon May 27, 2013 11:21 am

Far away from earth, unreachable by humans, is a land, a habitable world, which the inhabitans call Aleonor. In this lush, diverse world, there is a creature, by which humans would regard feline. But they are unlike any felines on Earth. They show traces of many feline species, with strange characteristics included that make them unusual, yet unique.
These creatures are called Lithions.

Lithions of Aleonor

Appearance
    About the size and build of a full-grown lion, Lithions are a feline species which have many different feline characteristics, the major ones being those of a lion and lynx. They have strong limbs and large lion-like paws, with a small, silky mane. They have expressive heads, with longer hairs at the sides like a lynx. They have no large differences between gender, except that males are larger, heavier and stronger, and females are smaller, faster and more agile. They can live up to 60 years, but it is uncommon for them to die of old age. Lithions show markings from all members of the cat species. They also tend to have base colours that are natural or close to natural, but they have markings that can be mildly unnatural in colour.
    Lithions can climb trees, and often do so. Lithions are most active at night. Lithions hunt like most feline species and stalk their prey until they are close enough to pounce. They usually hunt in groups. Female Lithions can reach the same speeds as a cheetah when running their fastest.
    They have a small variety of different ear types and tail types which occur in the species. The only possible combinations are as follows:
    - Normal, cat-like ears & a long, thick tail
    - Curled back ears & a long, thick tail
    - Normal, cat-like ears & a bob tail
    - Lynx-like ears & a bob tail
    - Lynx-like ears & a long, think tail

Lithions are felines and would be regarded as so by humans.

Heirachy and Social Structure
    The heirachy and social structure of the Lithions is based around one simple idea which has been used since the very beginning. Like wolves, Lithions live in packs based around one Alpha male and female. This pair is related to all the members of the pack - the other members being their children, brothers, sisters, or more removed family members. The Lithions are very family based, with packs becoming very large before some break off and find their own families. Outside the pack, packs can become very hostile to eachother, unless they are connected by relatives.

When Lithions mate, it is for life. They partner up, and when they find a mate they do not split up, unless one of them dies, in which the other may find a new mate, if they have not had cubs. Lithions never inbreed, as their families are so connected they know exactly who are their blood relatives. When two Lithions pair up, one will usually join the other's pack. Only under rare situations will they join a completely different pack, and under even rarer situations will they start a new, young pack, due to the dangers of not having family to support them. Lithions only mate once in their lifetimes, and both parents are strongly involved in the raising of the cubs - if one of the parents dies after they have had cubs, the other parent will continue to raise the cubs and will not mate again. Males and females are equally regarded in the Lithion society, with males being stronger and larger, but the capacity of females to bear cubs being held in high respect. Once a female becomes a mother, she is held in high authority, and cubs always remember their mothers and love and respect them.

Once both of the Alphas of a pack die, the next most respected Lithion and his or her mate will become the new leaders - usually the deceased Alpha's offspring. Occasionally, the pack will split up, each offspring taking different pack members with them.

The Lithions are all united under three different tribes, which have packs inside them. These three tribes are each led by a dominant pack. Like the way different packs are hostile to eachother, the tribes are also mostly hostile, except for the leaders - as they are all blood relatives, and siblings to eachother, the three leaders are the only ones who can easily go into other tribe territory. These Lithions are held in high regard by their tribes, and feared by other tribes as well as if they injure the other tribe leaders, they will have to face their own leader's wrath.

Lithion packs, and above that, tribes, are highly territorial unless they are joined by relations or blood relatives.

Aleonor
    Aleonor is a planet, outside our solar system, which is about the same size as earth, if not a little bit smaller. It has oceans and land, just like earth. Night and day are equal in length, but Lithions are most active at night. The terrain on Aleonor is mixed, with a majority of the land being forest, with very hilly landscape that has lots of ridges, valleys, ravines and cliffs.
    Aleonor has very defined seasons. The plants are very vibrant, with trees being bare in winter, bearing many blossoms and green leaves in spring, losing their blossoms and gaining fruit in summer, and bearing gold leaves in Autumn. It never snows except on the highest peaks, and the coldest times of day are early morning and late evening.

Lithion packs travel around their territory, moving from hunting ground to hunting ground. The only times they stay in one place for long-term periods of time is when a female bears a litter. They will then choose a den - usually a cave - for the birthing and raising of the cubs, and then they will start to move again as the cubs gain maturity.

There are no other known main predatory creatures in Aleonor, but there is a variety of prey. Prey creatures include small birds, deer-like creatures, rabbit-like animals and larger, horned prey which look like a variety of oxen.

History
    Lithions have a short but complex history - a history which has determined their group behaviour, their heirachy, and their standing in Aleonor today.

-Notes-

The time-telling in Aleonor has changed vastly over the history of the Lithions. It started as a device used within the pack, the major periods of time not being years but 'generations' - the period of time the leader of the pack is regarded as the leader. Because of this, and the fact that not all packs were founded at the same time, all packs had different measures of time depending on their leader's lifespans. But after the Lithions were united, one time period was adopted, and that was the one of the main leader, his pack's current generation, and the generations after.

In the first years, Aleonor was a strange, wild place. But it could have been considered peaceful. Although there were many feuds, because of the Lithion's naturally agressive behaviour to strangers, there was lots of peace, with many packs being linked together by strong family bonds. Many of the members of the young species were happy where they were, not considering them at war with eachother, but not completely at peace.

At the 19th Generation, by the reckoning of the Arizon pack, when Corizon was the leader, fights started breaking out over Aleonor. Packs got more territorial, and more and more deaths occurred from feuding. Not known at the time to Corizon, it was caused from an upstart Lithion pack leader, Danoth, who was allying other packs and killing those who wouldn't side with him. The deaths of family members upset other packs, and unrest grew.

Soon, Danoth became known to all Lithions, as his force of allies became too great to hide. His allies grew, and soon it became clear that he was capable of ruling all Lithions with his tyranny. Corizon became aware of this, and realised that unless the resisting Lithions were united as one unit, they would not be able to defeat Danoth.

Corizon successfully united all Lithions under his name, with the help of his near-mature cubs, Cori, Ezon and Achor, and his mate, Aenna. Then a long, hidden battle began, known as the Civil War, as the species was fighting against itself.

The rebels won the fight after a generation passed, and the battle ended in the 20th Generation. Corizon was killed in the fight, and his mate Aenna died soon after from injuries. All his cubs survived.

Unrest soon started again, as the newly-united Lithions were without a leader. So Achor, one of the cubs and the daughter of Corizon, gathered the Lithions in their packs under her name, as one big tribe. A few years later, her brothers Cori and Ezon gradually began gathering their own tribes, splitting the Lithions into three seperate tribes.

Traditions
    When a Lithion reaches maturity, they make a battle mask. These masks can be made from any material, and they are made for protection and to look intimidating. Battle masks are worn in battles outside the pack or tribe. It is thought that these masks help detach the Lithion from their foe, so they feel like they aren't fighting another Lithion.

Lithions of high ranking recieve a title. These are pack and tribe leaders. Titles usually refer to the Lithion's build or personality. Some titles are Achor Fleetfoot, Cori Couragebearer, Ezon Keen-eye.

Lithions like to collect shiny objects - in particular metals. In caves, small metal rings have been found. It is thought that these were made naturally. They are quite rare, but some of them are big enough for a Lithion to wear on their limbs, tail, neck or ear. Lithions who have these rings are regarded highly and many high-ranking Lithions have at least one ring.

Breeding
    When Lithions choose a mate, it is for life. One of the pair usually moves to the other's pack - usually the male moves to the female's pack. They only have one litter in their lifespans, which has from 1 - 4 cubs in it. Markings are genetical and cubs will inherit markings similar to their parents, and most families have a special marking that is carried down, virtually unchanged for many generations. Cubs can occasionally look unique from their parents, but they always show some resemblance.
    It is common for offspring to be named a name similar to that of their parents (for example, Corizon + Aenna = Achor), but it is OK to name offspring differently to their parents.

It is currently not possible to breed Lithions. Breedings will not be open until the species grows more.

Adoption
    To adopt a Lithion, look for an available one. It will state if it is available on the first post. Lithions will usually be up for adoption for about a month, and new adoptables will be posted on the main thread.
    The basic criteria to adopt any Lithion is to include a personality, a name and a tribe, but some Lithions may have more criteria, such as art and history. You have to have been on CS at least 6 months, and have made at least 200 posts and at least 5 Oekaki drawings to adopt a Lithion. This may sound harsh, but I don't want them to go to people who won't keep them active.

When you get your Lithion, you must put them into a pack. If there are still empty pack spaces, you may PM me to start a pack. If you want to join an already existing pack, you must PM the person who owns the pack leader and get their permission to join the pack. If your Lithion is from a breeding, they will automatically join their parent's pack. You cannot join the lead packs unless your Lithion is a breeding from others in that pack, or unless your Lithion has their mate in that pack. When your Lithion has a mate, you must PM the owner of the pack one of the pair is moving to for permission, then PM me to get the information updated.

Also, when you get your Lithion, you must design them a battle-mask.

Customs
    Customs are not given out freely, and you cannot pay or bribe artists to make you a custom. Customs are only given to those who have shown to deserve them, by helping in the Lithion community. Asking for a custom is not allowed.

Tribes and Packs
    There are three Lithion tribes -
    Rachon, run by Achor - this is the strongest, largest tribe, and has 10 packs. Coriz is the leading pack.
    Alori, run by Cori, has 7 packs. Acori is the leading pack.
    Oana, run by Ezon, has 6 packs. Ezoa is the leading pack.

Staff
    Ralonica Thorondor (species owner)
    Panacea (artist)

No, I am currently not taking any artists, guest artists, mods, or other staff. Please do not ask.

Rules
    -You may only own 1 Lithion at the moment - artists may have more
    -You must be on CS for at least 6 months, and have made at least 200 posts and 5 Oekaki drawings to adopt a Lithion
    - Lithions may not be drawn or pictured in any other form other than their current, feline form
    - You may not ask for a custom, or ask to be an artist or staff of the species
    - You are not allowed to re-adopt your Lithion unless you are leaving the species or quitting CS. If you want to re-adopt your Lithion, it will be re-adopted but you will also get a permenant ban.

Warnings / Banned
    Don't make me use this.

Thank-you to Panacea for making these wonderful lines!
Last edited by Ralonica Thorondor on Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ralonica Thorondor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lithions - Creatures of Aleonor

Postby Ralonica Thorondor » Mon May 27, 2013 11:22 am

-reserved-
Last edited by Ralonica Thorondor on Mon May 27, 2013 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ralonica Thorondor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ralonica Thorondor » Mon May 27, 2013 11:23 am

-reserved-

Posting is now open!
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒

~☆~'~☆~

~☆~'~☆~
Lithions + Ophyals for sale
quit CS, contact me on dA

Signature art by LostGosling

CharactersAdopted Critters
OphyalsCepheus HoundsCretoz Unicorns

Ralonica Thorondor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leirah. » Thu May 30, 2013 7:04 am

Can't wait! ^3^
[center]
↹leaving CS due to the fact I happen to disagree with a certain rule.
[size=85]"What did he do to you?"

"He loved me."

leirah.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Whippet. » Thu May 30, 2013 9:26 am

These look stunning, will definitely be stalking watching these beauties ;)
Formerly princess.a uvu
Whippet.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vixiebun » Thu May 30, 2013 9:30 am

Oh how beauty I do hope to adopt one soon
𝐒𝘐𝘙𝘌𝘕 𝐒𝘖𝘕𝘎𝘚
╔══════════════╗
hi i'm rabbit/vixie
contact me here
rabbit#9670

╚══════════════╝

xxxxx▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xxxxxcred...link..link..link..link
xxxxx▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxImage

Image▬▬❨sirentears❩▬
vixiebun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crow;; » Thu May 30, 2013 9:34 am

Can not WAIT for the first one to be up!!!!! xD
crow;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vixiebun » Thu May 30, 2013 9:44 am

Oh same here I can't wait I just love these they remind me of linxes my favorites
𝐒𝘐𝘙𝘌𝘕 𝐒𝘖𝘕𝘎𝘚
╔══════════════╗
hi i'm rabbit/vixie
contact me here
rabbit#9670

╚══════════════╝

xxxxx▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xxxxxcred...link..link..link..link
xxxxx▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxImage

Image▬▬❨sirentears❩▬
vixiebun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ralonica Thorondor » Fri May 31, 2013 11:25 am

First Lithion up for adoption!

End date is 30th of June 2013.
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒

~☆~'~☆~

~☆~'~☆~
Lithions + Ophyals for sale
quit CS, contact me on dA

Signature art by LostGosling

CharactersAdopted Critters
OphyalsCepheus HoundsCretoz Unicorns

Ralonica Thorondor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nikki6Ashba » Fri May 31, 2013 12:30 pm

Oh these are cool~ *Marking*

Art and design commisions are currently open for USD, for price quotes and intrest, message me on discord(Nikki6Ashba#6239)

CS Doodle commissions found here ^^

Pronouns-He/Him My WME-
-My DA-My Khims

Nikki6Ashba

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me