Wild Mountain Equids: A Calm Before the Storm (Invite Only)

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: Wild Mountain Equids: A Calm Before the Storm (Invite On

Postby Ralonica Thorondor » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:18 pm

{Lazy post is lazy, my muse is running low. :B }

Laxius
With Tisane.
Mood: Happy and content.
He is... crushing on Tisane. <3

I start to walk along the middle of the valley, along the river. "We'll almost certainly find more equids. This valley's so full of life." I say, only half to Tisane as I try to reassure myself of our safety. But the problem is that the abundance of the valley may attract more than just equids. As we just discovered.
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒

~☆~'~☆~

~☆~'~☆~
Lithions + Ophyals for sale
quit CS, contact me on dA

Signature art by LostGosling

CharactersAdopted Critters
OphyalsCepheus HoundsCretoz Unicorns

Ralonica Thorondor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maluruloki » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:27 pm

:: Tisane ::

As the reddish Equid stallion began to move again, Tisane blew out a quiet sigh that was mostly acceptance and part reluctance to get her sore limbs moving again. He had echoed her words earlier - "so full of life" - and it became starkly true the farther they ranged into the valley. One little blue butterfly became a whirling cloud that passed behind her as they ambled through a field of wildflowers that stretched to the edge of the river. As she craned her head back to watch them dissipate farther into the stretch of flowers, a flock of songbirds dusted them with snippets of singing as they wheeled overhead. She heard the splash of a leaping fish in her one good ear and turned to see its scaly back glitter beneath the surface before swirling down into the depths. This is...unbelievable, Tisane thought as she moved up beside Laxius.
"I can't remember the last time I passed through an area that was so verdant and full of other creatures. I wouldn't be surprised if we came face-to-face with another Equid and didn't realize it until we bumped noses! There's so much to see!" She lingered on memories of her past herd, with their ranging in the semi-arid mountains, and wondered why she had ever accepted that life. "We should find some fruit. I haven't had fruit in ages," she murmured, her amethyst eyes flickering to him. The thought of crunching down on a crisp apple or lipping fresh raspberries from a bush made her grin unashamedly.

Featured wrote:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

maluruloki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ralonica Thorondor » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:40 am

Laxius
With Tisane.

I gin at Tisane, a laugh bubbling up inside me. "Sounds like a fantastic idea." I say, already looking forward to the succulent taste of fruit. My pace quickens, my head extended as I flick my tail and examine all around me. Tisane's right. This land is so vibrant, if I ever started a herd it would be the first place I come to. Unless, of course, there is already a herd here. There is a high possibility of that, land like this does not go overlooked for long.
"It's almost like another world. So different to the rocky peaks." The mountains I left were hospitable and cruel. Nothing like this.
My mouth snatches at greenery as we walk. I better make the most of this abundance while I can.
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒

~☆~'~☆~

~☆~'~☆~

Ralonica Thorondor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maluruloki » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:31 pm

"It really is, isn't it? I don't remember if I told you...but my herd...the one I left...we lived in the higher mountains far, far south of here. It was always so dry, arid - even cold some mornings. I remember fighting with my younger herd-mates over little patches of grass that we would find nestled between the rocks. Normally, all we really got was lichen and leaves from bushes. My father...he didn't want to go down to the slopes, where more green grew. I'm not sure why...he was a crotchety old nag..." A gasp followed her vehement insult as she realized what she had just uttered and she looked at him with wild, worried eyes. She didn't want to give Laxius the impression that she was uncouth. "Oh - oh dear - don't mind me, Laxius. I get...emotional remembering sometimes. My herd wasn't all terrible. Just...the once." Her voice petered off into nothing as she hung her head, her eyes anywhere but him. "Oh, raspberries!" In a blatantly-obvious attempt to change the subject at hand, Tisane turned away from the river and began to lope towards an isolated thicket of bushes. Even from a distance, the small reddish berries were easy to spot against the verdant leaves.

Featured wrote:

maluruloki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ralonica Thorondor » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:51 pm

Laxius
With Tisane.

I follow Tisane, cantering towards the raspberry bushes, just behind her shoulder. Somethings about what she has just said confuse me, and I glance at her sideways. Why did she act that way when she started telling me about her past? And was her father more than just a crotchety old nag? I push the questions back in my mind, not wanting to bring up the subject. I just pull up at the raspberry bushes and start pulling the succulent berries off the bush, enjoying the sweet bursts of flavour. "Well spotted, Tisane. These are delicious!" I say in between mouthfuls. What I omit from my words is the fact that the raspberry bushes were quite obvious, I just failed to notice them because I was so interested in Tisane.
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒

~☆~'~☆~

~☆~'~☆~

Ralonica Thorondor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maluruloki » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:41 am

Smooth, Tisane. Real smooth. You might as well just tell him because you're so awkward and it's only going to get more awkward, she thought as she rolled the half-chewed raspberries around her tongue, enjoying the tartness. The dark-bay mare glanced over at Laxius. He was so charming in his delight in the little berries. He made her sound like a genius with how she had spotted them. Only a blind Equid would have missed them, she mused with a rueful mental laugh.
"Look, Laxius...I'm sorry. That was...stupid and dramatic. I'm not a foal, so I shouldn't act like one," she muttered after she swallowed her mouthful. Her charcoal-tipped ears swung back in mild distress. "I was basically tossed from my herd because I was deaf. I got kicked in the head as a filly and my father didn't tolerate weakness. So...he ousted me when I was old enough to survive on my own. ...it was terrible." Her voice caught a bit at the end, but she was proud that no tears prickled at the corners of her deep-amethyst eyes.

Featured wrote:

maluruloki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LostGosling » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:48 pm

({ AMG, GUYS. I. MUST. BE. PUNISSSSHED.... "lays self out with selection of clubs"})
    ({Here's Anara and Halo. ;u; I'll work on Rifle's and Shadow's shortly. <3 Also, I've got a mild touch of the dreaded writer's block, so everybody throw on their hazmat suits and run. xP})

({Oh, and Nellas, I can't remember if I've told you this already or not, but that last post for Bandit is just beautiful. TTuTT <333})
________________________________________________________________________________________

I*/\*I Halo I*/\*I
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Where: Just out of Snow Cap Territory. You can still even hear the river.
With: Bandit and a new, white-eyed filly.
Feels: Groggy, sore... worried, worried, worried...
"She's gonna be okay, I know she is."

Halo gave a weak smile and nod at the little fillies reassurance, but the usual fire in his golden eyes gave a visible lilt as he forced himself to look down and away from the rasping form on the ground. He bit his lip for a long moment as he tried desperately to believe that she truly would be "okay". He'd believe anything over the alternative. A horrible feeling had begun to seize him now; not from the pain that seemed to pulse like hot lava from his thigh, but from the sickening stabs of regret that would no doubt haunt him in his darkest and cruelest of nightmares. It should have been him... it should have been him. He should have been able to prevent this. All of it. If he'd only just done this, or if he hadn't done that. If he'd just been more vigilant, faster... the scenarios were endless. All of them compiled together to create one truly miserable animal. Once again he was completely helpless, just like he'd been in the face of the cougar. I made a promise to myself that I'd keep her safe... he thought soberly, I guess I need to stop making promises I can't live up to. He wasn't entirely unaware of the look in his eyes that seemed to accompany those hollow echoes in his head. Woven deeply into it's make-up was something so lonely that it hurt to look at, and was edged with a kind of grief that made his burning red mane just a shade duller. Obviously all his atrocious luck had followed him into this fresh, new start that'd fallen onto his inherently empty head. He'd just been ignorant enough to believe he could shuck his past all together. It wasn't until he looked back to the filly that he finally paused, noticing absently for the first time that she seemed to be... afraid? He pricked his ears on the ends, listening intently for anything in the distance that might have caused her alarm. The sudden alertness that swept over him in that moment, whether anybody knew it or not, was a life-saver; it'd pulled him out of a daze just in time to keep him from dwelling there. Finally though, it dawned on him. She was startled.

His face heated up a little at this revelation as he suddenly chanced a friendly smile at the youngster.
"I'm sorry if I scared you, you don't have to worry about me." he reassured with a chuckle, and then, the worry leaching back in a hair, and gesturing with a head tilt to Bandit. "I just needed to see her." He paused for a brief moment with his head down, giving his voice a chance to even out again. Then, tilting his head slightly out of curiousity, he followed up with, "My name is Halo, what might your name be?" A goofy smile flashed across his worn out face, not feeling that rattling off his rank to a youngster would be at all necessary right now, but then his features softened considerably as he momentarily glanced back to Bandit. Her breathing had evened out some, and he felt the knot in his throat ease up as he latched onto that like a life boat. She would pull out of this. If they could just get the bleeding stopped, if they could keep her safe long enough to move her. The battle wasn't lost yet. He took a deep, calming breath, and then let it out slowly to help take his mind off the pulsating fire in his own wounds. If she’d just wake up. he worried, and then turned his attention back to the filly, the smile lighting his face back up as much as his emotions would allow.
Please let her be okay.

________________________________________________________________________________________

I<?>I Anara I<?>I
Where: Just out of Snow Cap Territory. You can still even hear the river.
With: Halo, Bandit, and her daughter Sundara.
Feels: Very uneasy, but composed now.

Anara's pace quickened further as she breezed past trees and over shrubs, clearing a log so cleanly that a champion eventer would have been stricken with jealousy. The webs, the leaves, and the flowers she held firmly in her mouth, and her nostrils flared with determination as she drew closer and closer to where she needed to be.

The leading thought in her worried mind remained around little Sunny for the most part, but other thoughts rose and presented themselves before her as well. What had happened here? What was the cause of such a dreadful, horrible injury? She'd seen bear attacks, she'd seen the aftermath of a pack of wolves... but the only thing she could even think to compare those cuts too was a Lynx case she'd tended a few months back. But these cuts were much too large for a Lynx.

She gave her head a brisk shake as she tried to expel the image of a very large, sinister looking feline from her mind, and gave a relieved bleat through her mouthful of supplies as she neared the area. She always liked to let Sunny know she was coming several seconds in advance before she actually appeared, so she wouldn't be startled. Gradually slowing to a stop, her swiveling ears carefully tested the area, to make sure there wasn't any unwanted company before she moved any further. Then, without a sound, she swiftly ducked from the tree line.

She entered the small clearing with a warm smile once she spotted her daughter, then, glancing over at Halo to acknowledge his lucidness with a pleased nod, she briskly dropped the materials down between he and Bandit. Her time away from all the blood had helped to clear her head again, and her eyes searched coolly for the others before starting her routine.
"They're still not back then I see." she sighed, frustrated and losing her patience, but not overly out of sorts... yet. She was working on it though. At least, she thought with a light shrug, there were enough supplies here to finish treating the auburn mare. Maybe not Halo, but he didn't need it as bad as she did. She lifted her head gracefully away from the herbs, and gently nuzzled Sundara's forehead. "Time to chew up those bitter ol' oak leaves to finish dressing her wounds." she murmured sweetly and lovingly, but with a hint of that disgust associated with chewing up herbs. And then she took a nice sized mouthful of the oak leaves, and began chewing the bitter things.

Her ears pinned for a moment, her pale eyes wanting to water up just at the sheer flavor, and then, with a swift, rubbing motion of her muzzle, she smeared a generous amount over the wound that was laying the heaviest on her mind: A slash, running in a clean slice down the steep curve of the mare's shoulder, cut deeply into her skin, and seemed to angrily glower back at her from it's position on the poor thing's body. Most of these cuts, though large, were fairly shallow. They were probably going to be painful, and render the mare pretty helpless for a while, but even the deepest of them would heal well if tended correctly. This one however, this one... this monster was going to take some very fastidious care, and would need it when all the others were scabbed over and starting to grow new hair. Anara was going to be sticking around for a while.

({I'll have them react to Canad retuning in my next posts, that way I won't be catching up to so much at once. OuO .... LOL, that'll mean Shadow and Rifle will be popping up around that time too... geez, what a mess. XDD})
    .: -------------- | TH | ---------- | WMEs | ---------- | FR | --------------- :.
    .: -------------- | TH | ---------- | WMEs | ---------- | FR | --------------- :.
    LostGosling

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Beewings » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:10 pm

(( Please forgive me since I haven't posted in such a long time when everyone else is. I've been really busy and I still will be for a few weeks and I don't think I will be able to write long, if any, posts for a while. I'm very sorry for my absence. :( I'll try to post something as soon as I can. ))
    I'm not very active here anymore, moved to DA ->
    I share computer w/Dioscuri.
    Beewings

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby LadyCrowsong » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:04 am

(are we still doing this, guys? We had the story all planned out for the Iagan, Sundara, their parents plot but we haven't gotten too far in it. haha, its kinda weird coming back here where they're still so young and outside of the rp they already have offspring and grandchildren--well Iagan anyway, which I can't get over, haha.
    I'm still up for it, even though I'm not always entirely active, but I'm wondering about the group consensus?)

Pet's name: Moon Soul Plushie Princess
    Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
    Used to be Lemur-Flight
    LadyCrowsong

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Ralonica Thorondor » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:37 am

Crowsong wrote:(are we still doing this, guys? We had the story all planned out for the Iagan, Sundara, their parents plot but we haven't gotten too far in it. haha, its kinda weird coming back here where they're still so young and outside of the rp they already have offspring and grandchildren--well Iagan anyway, which I can't get over, haha.
    I'm still up for it, even though I'm not always entirely active, but I'm wondering about the group consensus?)

{ I also really want to continue this, you're not the only one. Ellie, Gos and I all have a really big storyline involving Rifle that I really want to RP. What about the rest of the group? }
    █ ▒
    █ ▒
    █ ▒
    █ ▒
    █ ▒
    █ ▒
    █ ▒
    █ ▒
    █ ▒
    █ ▒
    █ ▒
    █ ▒