Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

WINNERS ANNOUNCED! by Pharaoh

Based on Click to view
Artist Pharaoh [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 20 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
64 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Postby Pharaoh » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:15 pm

( ( WELCOME ) )

The Time Has Come

Oh, yes, it is finally here. After a lot of trouble I've found your winners. Now, before I announce them I'm going to make you read a little speech. This contest was nearly impossible to judge. After so many brilliant entries, I had the toughest time deciding. Therefore, the Runner-Up sections has been opened a bit more to encompass the entries that I couldn't part with, but didn't have a place for. Now, one more little change; there were so many designs I liked, I have a running list of the ones I would like to keep. If yours is on here and you don't want it, you don't need to contact me or anything. If you wanted to keep the design, though, please PM me so we can work something out. If your design is not on the list, but you do not wish to keep it, please let me know. I'll gladly take it anyway! <3

So without further ado, I present to you, your winners...

1st- ~ShadowRunner~
Why? This decision was hardest for me, mainly because this entry is nothing like what I requested and suggested in my details. But there is a bigger reason to her winning. It is because in this character, I feel she actually captured me instead of what I wanted. In all honesty, this girl matches my personality and such to a fine point; the vibrant colors, the happy nature, the scarf--I'm a diehard scarf collector-- all worked together to create my essence. So I couldn't refuse this first place.

2nd- SpontaneousPanda
Why? All her entires were phenomenal, and deciding between them was actually the hardest part. But since each person can only win one place, I chose this entry for a second. It fits exactly what I was hoping for.

3rd- The Royal Mirage
Why? The whole design is unique and different, that and its beautifully tailored lines and tribal design all leave me loving her. And yes, I am definitely interested in having a Ref Sheet of her [[ and maybe the others? PM me and we can talk. ;) ]]

Runners Up- The first of these three will get the full Royal Lion set, the others get two of the four Royal Lions.
saikiyo
Why? I absolutely adore this design, but to be honest I think she'll end up like Raft; she won't be able to have a lot of art, and art she does get will be very expensive. Still, she's definitely worth having around with my characters, and will be buddies with Raft and Jungo. p:
Maroon
Why? The mix of lolita, steampunk, and plain old creepy goth all fit nicely. It's a great design, especially for the coming of Halloween.
Mystiec
Why? I'm in love with the entire deep-sea feel of her. She makes me think of the mysteries that lie at the bottom of the sea.

If you're on the following list, you happen to have a design I want to keep! If you do not reply to me within two weeks, I will assume you do not want the design and will adopt it officially myself.

Other Favorites In No Particular Order-

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=742860
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=720511
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=720347
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=721482
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=721926
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=722115
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=727205
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=727471
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=726384
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=733041
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=731716
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=747935
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=748480
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=748483
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=749487
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=758545
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=767482

Thank you for all the wonderful entires, and I hope to see you in a future contest soon!

( ( Basics ) )

So, you found my contest, eh? Well, I welcome new faces! I suppose you're here for prizes, and I wouldn't blame you. The basics are exactly this; I'm Pharaoh, and my favorite OC, Sealand, needs a love interest. At this point, they're not mates, but in love. I would like for her to be a girl, but other than that, the creativity is wholly up to you. Oh, and as a side note, if you can draw a realistic-looking heart in the sand by their paws, you get bonus points in the "Extras" category. More notes may be added as I think of them. :P

There is no limit to entires, but you will only win one title prize and one set of pets for entering. Also, for your convenience, there is a "Color Here" layer to color in his crush. As another note, I will be using all designs that place, including Runner Up. If I like your design but all other places are taken, I may pay you for the design anyway if you're alright with that. I will not tell you who is currently winning as I have not fully evaluated yet, but I can give you suggestions or pointers if you ask.

Please leave my background in tact. You may redraw them, but please leave the background the same. I'd hate to disqualify someone for not using my background. However, I do give you permission to edit Sealand's lines, make him look better, etc. If his design changes at all, though, I will not be pleased.

End Date? September 10th.

( ( Points ) )

I'll be judging on a points system, to keep everything organized.

5 pts; Color- The use and balance of colors working together.
      5 pts; Design- The way each color is used to create the actual design.
      1+ pts; Extra- If you use line edits, come up with a backstory, or anything else, it will be evaluated here. There is no limit to the amount of points you earn here.
      10 pts; Full Look- The overall appearance, and how all elements of the design work together.
      5 pts; Fits- If the style doesn't clash with Sealand, but doesn't look too much like him.
      10 pts; Appeal- I love the design and find it fits me as well as what I've asked for.

( ( Wants ) )

( ( Prizes ) )

All prizes will last up to a year after this competition ends and may be obtained at any time by messaging me.

1st- C$100
      2nd- C$70
      3rd- C$40
      Runner Up- A full set of the Medieval Lions.
      All Entries- Choice of two very common-uncommon '10 or later pets from my Trades group.

Shameless Advertising! Click Here And Help Pax Grow. lol
Last edited by Pharaoh on Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:09 am, edited 18 times in total.
Pharaoh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Win C$100 ; Design A Mate!

Postby bratling1 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:59 pm

Just a few questions

Which one is he?

I can't PM or talk in a trade, I can only post on here so ( let's just DREAM here for a minute) if I were to win it could I just post here to you what I wanted??? (done dreaming) :/ :mrgreen:
bratling1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ivara » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:26 pm

I'll try this out.
Hello!
book rec;; Good Omens by Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman

A girl with a passion for chickens and some really great friends <3
{kestrel.} {Pecan} {husky.}

{jbds and other characters}

{art shop} {an interesting adopt}

currently;;
only really on flightrising, ivara there as well

Ivara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xXFoxfaceToastXx » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:28 pm

I'm in~<3
"I am merely ancient beast
wanting only for my time to rest
and though dragons may envy my size
I am jealous of the beetle's eyes."
xXFoxfaceToastXx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby melon » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:33 pm

Can we enter more than once?
Open to art commissions. PM me!

Image ImageImage
melon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bratling1 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:39 pm

Count me in! 8-) 8-) :lol:
bratling1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LoneWolf. » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:45 pm

Ill enter soon
ImageImage
Hey! I'm Lone~ Feel free to pm me for commissions, art trades, or if you just wanna talk c:
[amazing pixel art of lone and parasite by pixiepup ]
DA||Art Shop||Fursona||Characters
LoneWolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pharaoh » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:51 pm

@bratling1- Yes, and he is the white one with the design. There is a "Color Here" layer for his crush.
    @Meeshabishy- Yes, you may, but you can only win one prize. ;D

Pharaoh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .jaskier. » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:30 pm

Book marking..
.jaskier.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pharaoh » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:39 pm

Added a brief note to my "Wants" section, number one on the list. ; ) Entries look great so far!

Pharaoh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me