Artist Neara [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 7 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
174 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Neara

Nattie Entry

Postby Neara » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:26 pm

^^ I was inspired by something im not sure what though ^^ but if i dont win this design will be given through a form contest, and win or no win i tink i may make the lines an editable :}

WIP

Character's name: either
RIN (凛): Japanese name meaning "cold, dignified, severe."
RYO (1-亮, 2-遼, 3-諒, 4-涼): Japanese unisex name meaning 1) "brightness," 2) "distant," 3) "reality," 4) "refreshing."
MIU (美羽) meaning "beautiful feather"
Personality: Spending most of her time in the skies, Rin (just picking a name) is actually very well spoken. She is not one to bud in on a situation before she knows what exactly the problem is. She is a good problem solver and likes to help when ever she is fully able to. It's very hard to make her mad because she has nothing to loose, she lives life on the edge and not having a home to return to gives her her reasuring and uniquely calm attitude, most of the time. As for making her laugh, that is very easy to do especially if your a fine male. When it comes to fighting, Rin takes no prisoners, if you start a fight with her you better be ready to fight til the death of either side.
Music Theme: I guess P!nk - So What link
Markings: Dark Mahogany base fur coat, with a slightly grey-red-orange underbelly, cream colored stripes and tealish blue fill color, and Light blue and teal colored eyes ^^ like a clear ocean :]
Story: At a beautiful clear beach cove, with a high set cave dug out by dragons that once were, come inside you’ll feel the cool refreshing salty air lift your spirits, you’ll feel the cool rocks that at first touch makes you ever so slightly aware of your feet. Look down into the cave you see a bend where there is a small glowing light being reflected off of the crystals and water deep within. Walk down the path, you’ll see what creature lives inside.

With a sudden scratch, and whimper Rin runs into her father’s side, glomping him to the ground, it was a nice summer day atop a high grass covered cliff, surrounded by pine trees. Rin’s adult wing feathers had just come in and she was excited about finally being able to test herself. “Papa, can we go now?” Rin said impatiently in her sweetest pup voice, “haha, what do you mean I’ve already started?” Her dad said mockingly as he swiftly thrust himself into the air “betcha can’t catch me” he called to her. “Oh yeahhh? You’ll see” she called back wrinkling her nose a little. For the first time she stretched her grown wings out, crouching down in preparation, she closed her eyes, then forced her wings down as hard as she could. She went to take another thrust with her wings and on the down swing didn’t feel the earth stop her motion. Opening her eyes, she looked down “I... I Did it! …. Ahaha I did it! I’m flying papa! I’m flying!” she said ecstatically. Looking back in surprise, thinking to himself: she flew on her first try? Smiling proudly at his daughter he said in reply “Whoa! Rinny, yes you are, you are flying! Le-“ Suddenly the sky went dark and lightning started to flash, then a heart wrenching cry came out from multiple bodies. They, they just dropped… like dead flies, All of them… Rin watched her father’s pack fall from the sky as they were rushing back in retreat from the Elemental Dragons. Her mother burst out of the black clouds, yelling in tears, “Mugen, get Rin Out of Here! Now!” As she dodged an attack from the dragon close behind her, she reached the edge of the cliff, then with a flash of light she was gone, one of the dragons clamped her down into their mouth killing her instantly. “NOO!” Rin’s father Snarled out, wide eyed and teeth showing, he closed his eyes for a second to gather himself, then took off in Rin’s direction, grabbing her as he passed by, all Rin could do was cry.. She was too shocked to do react in any other way. One of the dragons spotted their escape, screeching loudly it swooped towards them, gaining with every thrust of its wings. With a full mouth and gritted teeth Rin’s father said his final words “Rin, I love you, now I’m going to put you in a safe place. I want you to stay there; someone will find you, just stay there and be good. Promise me you’ll do that for me” he said as his eyes softened. “Daddy, No! Please don’t leave me!” She squeaked, “Promise me.” He said again, setting her down into a badger’s hole, then looked into her eyes a while his facial expressions said it all. He speed off in another direction, Rin watched, keeping to her father’s words to stay hidden. She watched until he was long gone into the woods, the dragon with its keen senses found him and destroyed him.

Waking up from her sudden jolt of sleep-movement, Rin opened her eyes and snuffed off her childhood dream of her past. Taking a big stretch she walked over to the edge of the cave entrance that was high above the sea looking over the vast landscape and seascape; thinking to herself: those dragons deserved their fate, but I’m glad I found this pack, they keep me sane. Smiling to herself in thought as she finally chose a forested area, to start her hunt in.
Last edited by Neara on Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Picarto.Tv [off] | Join.Me [off]
ImageImageImage
Art by: Andiliion, Folktale, & gators and feigns Avatar by: me
Comissions: DA/USD only Art Trades: same skill lvl only Requests: -never- Redline: yes
D.A.M. | Fan Club | Characters/Fursona | W.o.I.
Neara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Nattie Entry

Postby AmigoGirl » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:57 pm

lovely neara:)

I am not open for commissions here. Do NOT ask for a commission or request. I dont do Art trades unless you are a friend or I ask for it. Thank you.
My Fanclub
AmigoGirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby redninetails » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:40 am

dear bob O_O she's really pwetty and i love her colors! I love everything about the design great work :D
redninetails

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clive » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:06 am

Your wolf anatomy is really impressive. I love the details on the wings, and the fur patterns are really gorgeous =)

I hope you win Neara, a lot of work have to be prized.

I'm an artistic man of science, with rather lofty goals.
They call me Jean Descole, the master of disguise.

I'm quitting and I will take my characters with me u v u
Clive

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaylawolf » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:15 am

Oh wow. It's beautiful, just like the rest of your gallery. :3 I love the wings, and how you shade your art. <3

It was different when there was a Stark in
Winterfell.

But the old wolf's dead and the young one's gone south

to play the
Game of Thrones,

and all that's left us is the ghosts.

Kaylawolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chasing Dreams » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:22 am

Beautiful job Neara I bet you are going to win. The lines and everything are amazing!
Chasing Dreams

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neara » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:23 am

Ok it's done 8D

im really happy with it, i totally zoned out on it and had alot of fun :] I hope you like it too Nattie, even though the design may be a bit excessive for your taste. -.-'

Thank You everyone!! for the Comments im glad other ppl like her too ^^ i just have to come up with a story now ... DX lolz
Picarto.Tv [off] | Join.Me [off]
ImageImageImage
Art by: Andiliion, Folktale, & gators and feigns Avatar by: me
Comissions: DA/USD only Art Trades: same skill lvl only Requests: -never- Redline: yes
D.A.M. | Fan Club | Characters/Fursona | W.o.I.
Neara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KaiKenNatsuki » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:32 pm

O_O Ne... Neara...

This is sooooooooooo amazing. I'm totally in love with her :D
thank you SOOOOOO much for entering :D it's always a pleasure to have your art in it ^^

thaaanks so much, Nea! (can i call you Nea, friend? :3)
:D
: - Art Shop - : - Fursonas - : - Characters - :- Adopt a teenie WAG! - : ADOPT ME!
All W.A.S. owners, please visit here!
"There's so much more to you than you know, not just pain and anger. There's good in you too, I felt it. When you can harness all that, you'll have a power that no one can match. Not even me." - Charles Xavier
KaiKenNatsuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby apache~ » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:18 pm

Neara you make me so jealous sometimes.

;___________;
more on deviantart
ImageImageImage
apache~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AmigoGirl » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:34 pm

sometimes? i am always jealous on her ^.^

I am not open for commissions here. Do NOT ask for a commission or request. I dont do Art trades unless you are a friend or I ask for it. Thank you.
My Fanclub
AmigoGirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me