Range Trotter #SHF088 by Embergleam

Based on Click to view
Artist Embergleam [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #SHF088

Postby Embergleam » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:11 pm

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness. With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

They say that love is blind... and so is this foal! They've adjusted to life just fine, but holidays aren't always the most accommodating where disabilities are concerned. Maybe you and your trotters can help bridge the gap?

To win this trotter, tell me how your stable would help a blind trotter celebrate Valentines! If you're new to trotters, feel free to borrow any of my trotters over here. My favorite answer wins!

End Date: 2.17.24
This trotter will be revealed once a winner is chosen!

Username: Starwindrider
Show Name: NAS Soft Eyes, Gentle Heart
Barn Name: Helios

Height: 13.2 hh
Eye Color: Angel Feathers (blind)
Phenotype: Wildebeest dunskin roan cherub overo
Genotype: Ee Aa Crcr Wdwd Rnrn Oo CoCo
Mane, tail, and eye edits pass at artist's discretion. Halter cannot pass.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[[b]Halter Color (Metal):[/b] (gold/rose gold/silver)
[b]Halter Color (Gemstone):[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]

Last edited by Embergleam on Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be the nonsense you wish to see in the world.
He/him| Image | ADHD
Raven Ridge Stables
Embergleam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #SHF088

Postby Spiritstar3 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:30 pm

Username:
Spiritstar3
Show Name:
A World of Darkness
Barn Name:
Bright (because he feels like there's a light despite his blindness)
Halter Color (Metal):
Rose gold
Halter Color (Gemstone):
Dark blue
Prompt:
Summer and Shine (if I'm allowed to use two) are quite helpful. They will help guide the blind Trotter around. They talk to the Trotter to let him (or her) know they're still there. They get him treats and help him meet other Trotters. If he has a crush, they'll even help him talk to his crush. They'll help him paint a canvas, since they can't really do it on a small card. They'll even get the humans to give him a special treat, and a little teddy bear.

(if I win the other colt I entered for, that's this guy's crush
And I'm new to Trotters, so...hi)
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Taxidea » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:51 am

Username: Taxidea
Show Name: TT Light We Cannot See
Barn Name: Werner
[Halter Color (Metal): Artist's choice
Halter Color (Gemstone): Eye color
Prompt: Tethys' Titans (TTs) would love to welcome another trotter with vision impairment, and Leif is so excited to show them around! Thanks to Leif, TTs have learned all about the importance of having different textures on the ground between the fields, paddocks, stable pathways, and stalls, so that trotters can easily tell where they are just by how their hooves feel. They work very hard to keep everything organized and put back in the same place to aid in safe navigation. Leif definitely tripped over a "runaway" stall fork in her early days at TTs, and that helped to drive the importance of consistency home. At Leif's suggestion, TTs updated all of the stall plaques so that they are in large print with starkly contrasting colors, and everyone had found that it improves their ability to read the signs regardless of their vision. Leif is busy preparing a special gift for Werner -- a push-activated talking clock that can hang in his stall! Leif can't wait to show him how to use it, and hopes that he especially appreciates that it tells the weather too! Leif has still not gotten used to waking up in a warm stall, looking outside and seeing sunshine, thinking it's warm, and getting out to the field to find that the ground is frozen solid and she needs a blanket!
Taxidea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starwindrider » Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:23 am

Username: Starwindrider
Halter Color (Gemstone): Artist's choice
Prompt:
Holidays and events at New Astra are always big, stable-wide happenings! And Valentine's Day is no exception. Or as we like to call it, Fam-entine's Day. The trotters at New Astra treat each other as a big family and Fam-entine's Day is the day for everyone to show their love and appreciation for each other. Fam-entine's celebrations this year are headed by Destiny, and she's drawn lots to sort some trotters into different celebration committees.

This year, Helios is sorted into Decorations. The preparations start the day before February 14. He is a bit apprehensive about helping put up balloons and streamers when he can't really see where exactly he should be tying the knots and pasting the tape. Destiny finds him something easier and more fitting to do: flower bouquet making! He joins Alette, Firn and Freyja in sorting out the many flowers the stable has purchased into suitable bouquet arrangements for everyone. 80+ trotters is a large feat to manage, and the trotters aren't very experienced in flower arrangement. Helios helps pick flowers based on their scents, as his scent of smell has become very sharp due to his lack of sight. He helps pick out flowers that would smell nice together, and the rest sort and tie them into bouquets. It does take a long time, but they soon finish making enough for all New Astra trotters. Alette asks him to pick out a flower he likes the most for himself, and he chooses one that smells (to him) like honey and cider.

Another important occasion of Fam-entines is the secret gift exchange. Helios is supposed to prepare a gift for Capaldi, one of the oldest trotters. Capaldi's best friend Pepper advises him that food is always a good idea. So Helios finds three of the sweetest smelling apples from the store and puts them in a basket to give to Capaldi the next day.

On the day itself, the New Astra trotters enjoy the day out in the fields with food and games organised by the respective groups. But Helios has something more important in mind. He wants to ask his new best friend, Lumiere to be his Valentine! She was very welcoming to him on his first day and he wants to show his gratitude. Tailed by curious onlookers Devon, Ainsley and Hiraeth, he presents the sweet flower to Lumiere and pops the question. And she agrees! His friends cheer for him and they set off to go to a lake for the afternoon.

In the evening, the stable gathers together. Last year, they watched a movie, but this year, keeping Helios in mind, Destiny changes the program to a dance party. Everyone has fun vibing to energetic songs like Count On Me and I Gotta Feeling. Syilvana, the best dancer in New Astra, helps to guide Helios.

The night ends with laughter and smiles, with Helios feeling more welcomed and connected with his new family. Perhaps next year, he can challenge himself to put up some streamers?

(Sorry I might've gotten carried away cx This prompt gave me a lot of ideas!)
Starwindrider

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:30 am

Username: Queen Vivane
Show Name: Blinding Moon
Barn Name: Xingchen
[Halter Color (Metal): silver
Halter Color (Gemstone): Topaz
Prompt: Just because this one is blind doesn't mean that celebrating Valentine's Day like any other trotter is impossible or even difficult. A blind Trotter can do pretty much anything, they just require time, love, and attention. Despite being quiet and stoic Song is an excellent choice for being a companion to Xingchen. The decorations mostly remain the same, though the ones he's going to be near a lot are less likely to flap about if it gets windy. It's not an overly big holiday at the stable, so any celebrations are minimal and gentle with tasteful decorations.

Some trotters are more interested in the event happenings than others and Song was quick to put the more excitable ones in their place so Xingchen can make his way peacefully without being pushed around and jostled. Some trotters like being painted (Equine friendly paint of course) and Song had to bodily intervene before Xingchen ended up with a hoof in an open can of paint (which was quickly removed from the floor.) The blind one of the pair was very curious about the paint and somehow managed to convince Song to be painted along with him, both got a simple pattern with Xingchen matching Song without the others notice.
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Embergleam » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:04 pm

Starwindrider wrote:Username: Starwindrider
Halter Color (Gemstone): Artist's choice
Prompt:
-snip!-

Aaaah, I love all the thought and care you put into this! ;.; I've got Helios' halter all set up. HMs to Taxidea and Queen Viviane for excellent entries as well! I ended up having to call in my roommate for reinforcements to break the three-way tie!
Be the nonsense you wish to see in the world.
He/him| Image | ADHD
Raven Ridge Stables
Embergleam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starwindrider » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:21 am

Aww thanks Ember!! This is my first Cherub Overo and Helios is very cute!!

Congrats to Tax and Queen Viviane, you guys' entries were awesome and creative!
Starwindrider

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me