Stars Breeding #730 | Birdspirit x Gossamerfur by Archaeopteryx.

Based on Click to view
Artist Archaeopteryx. [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 46 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
20 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Stars Breeding #730 | Birdspirit x Gossamerfur

Postby Archaeopteryx. » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:20 pm

Top Left wrote:Name:
Clan:
Description: Black silver carnelian carrier
rosette tabby with low white
eye shape, ear placement
[uc] muzzle, heterochromia
Owner:
Top Right wrote:Name:
Clan:
Description: Dusk (genetically black) silver
carnelian carrier rosette tabby with low white
Edits: [c] whiskers, fangs, sclera color, ear tufts,
eye shape, ear placement
[uc] unnatural eye color, heterochromia
[r] unusual coloring
Owner:
Bottom Left wrote:Name:
Clan:
Description: Black silver carnelian carrier
rosette tabby with high white
Edits: [C] whiskers, sclera color, pointed ears,
ear tufts, eye shape
[UC] muzzle, unnatural eye color, heterochromia
[R] kinked tail
Owner:
These kittens may grow on March 16th. Eye colors may change as they grow.

These kittens are available for adoption! See below on how to enter!
Last edited by Archaeopteryx. on Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Archaeopteryx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars Breeding #730 | Birdspirit x Gossamerfur

Postby Archaeopteryx. » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:20 pm

Another group of orphans, mysteriously left behind! For some reason, they all have variations of a nearly identical coat- how odd! Will your Clan be the one to take them in?

These cats are not canonically related to their parents, and Canadianhowl will be judging this comp! You may enter for all three but may only win one.

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Top Left
What is this cat afraid of?

Top Right
What is a dream this cat has?

Bottom Left
How does this cat stand out?

Max 500 words for each entry, and one piece of art.

Ends 2/17 at rollover. (17th to 18th)

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Which Kitten:[/b]
[b]Cat Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Clan:[/b] (Please link)
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]
Archaeopteryx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby feverrr » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:34 pm

username - feverrr
which kitten - top right
cat name - fialova, "fia"
gender - female
rank - nomad
clan - the barrens
age - 8 moons
prompt -

fia has only had one dream. one she’s never shared, and it’s beginning to engulf her.

at first, the dream is perfect. fia’s sitting in a sun-drenched meadow, adorned by vibrant flowers as the grass sways in the gentle breeze. or perhaps this night it’s a forest, her paws sinking into soft moss as she stares up at the towering redwoods.

suddenly the cobalt sky painted with feathery white begins to dim, and dense clouds roll in; threatening an imminent storm. before the downpour begins, though, the inferno does. a flame, red and angry, tears up through the soil. it shifts and snaps at the surrounding brush, singeing everything it approaches. and suddenly, it’s nearing fia.

she can see the orange glow through her eyelids as she scrunches her eyes shut, and she can nearly feel the heat as the fire begins to lunge forth towards her. sometimes during these dreams, fia opens her eyes; determined to face the blaze head on. as she gazes into the embers before her, fia swears she can see a figure in the flames. a cat, tall and wavy-furred, with eyes that blend into the inferno.

it never lasts more than a moment, never long enough for her to capture the image in her mind. just as suddenly as the blaze appeared, as it’s about to envelop her, it’s gone. the picturesque landscape that she’d found herself in is now blanketed by a thick layer of ash, and pitch black. not black like the nighttime; truly pitch black.

fia’s mother had told her of the great dark. a time, many moons ago, when the sun had died. according to her mother, the sky had darkened one day, leaving behind nothing to light the world except for the faint pinpricks of stars. fia can feel her breath quickening as the panic sets in. is she stuck here now? alone, in the dark-

“oh, fia.”

her mother’s honey-sweet voice rouses the kit from her sleep; dazed and shaken, taking in a gasping breath as she wakes. “mama,” she cries out. “it came again, the nightmare-”

“hush, darling,” the older feline soothes, running a bristled tongue over her daughter’s lavender fur, sweeping down the tufts raised by her fear. the older feline stretches as she stands, speaking through a yawn. “i know you don’t want to tell me what happened in that dream of yours; just follow me, love.”

so, fia follows her mother through the mouth of their den carved into the rocky hillside, down the grassy slope to the lake’s brilliant shore. the kit squints, watching the blinding sunlight dance upon the water’s ripples. “come, fia,” her mother laughs, already ankle-deep in the foamy waves.

“let yourself soak,” she murmurs as she shut her eyes against the sun’s unyielding glare. “let the water loosen that terrible dream from your mind, and carry it far away.”

although the lake is startlingly cold, the kit savours it; at least that wretched fire could never reach her here.

500 words

─── ⋆⋅ ✶ ⋅⋆ ───

username - feverrr
which kitten - bottom left
cat name - jupiter
gender - male
rank - cult member
clan - the barrens
age - 8 moons
prompt -

based on his appearance, one might assume that jupiter’s defining trait is clumsiness or poor luck. of course, this would be based solely on the distinctive kink in his tail. his tail hadn’t always been marred by the unflattering bend along its length, though. that was something he’d earned early in his kithood.

it was a spring morning; the world seemed imbued with a soft golden light, and each blade of grass was adorned with a delicate jewel of dew. against the warnings of his mother and clanmates, jupiter made the decision to visit the stream bordering their camp. the water’s gentle bubbling called out, promising a harmless opportunity for the kit to explore. he would soon find, however, that it was anything but harmless.

as quietly as he could, jupiter slipped out of the nursery den and into the brightly-lit camp. the air smelled of moss and pine; invigorating. with a freshly-bestowed bounce in his step, the kit bounded excitedly toward the stream.

investigating the shoreline, he giggled as a splash of water leapt up to tickle his nose. awed by the newness of it all, jupiter was overjoyed to spot a small salamander sunbathing on a perfectly flat rock in the center of the stream. barely able to contain himself, jupiter scanned the streambed. if only he could just find a stepping stone...

there! a trail of pebbles, barely breaching the surface of the water, but a path to his newfound friend nonetheless! without a moment of delay, jupiter leapt forward. his heart soon dropped, as he realized he hadn’t accounted for the slippery layer of algae that decorated the stones.

frantic, with scrambling paws still desperately searching for something to sink his claws into, jupiter tumbled into the quickly rushing water. the stream was colder than expected, and the current much stronger. as the water thrashed him about and sent him barreling into each and every stone he passed, he let out a garbled cry as he felt a stinging pain erupt from his tail.

jupiter’s mind was racing as panic overtook him; oh, no. no, it’s okay. mama will save me, i know it. she’s running along the shore towards me, she’ll be here any moment-

interrupting his hysteria, jupiter was suddenly dragged from the water by the scruff of his neck. as he was unceremoniously tossed to the sandy shore, the kit let out a coughing gasp, smiling sheepishly as he met eyes with his saviour; crumbs. the older feline stared down at him, out of breath and heaving. “you idiot! we told you not to come here alone. now you know why,” the stern cat yowled.

one might assume based on this story that this kit's defining trait is his foolish disregard for his own safety. however, ask anyone close to jupiter, and they would tell you that he stands out due to his curiosity and positivity. he's known for having a bright grin glued to his face, even in the most unfortunate situations.

500 words
Last edited by feverrr on Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:30 am, edited 20 times in total.
feverrr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hazelfang » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:51 pm

Username: Hazelfang
Which Kitten: Top right
Cat Name: Twilight>>Twilightdream
Clan: Kin of the Vixen
Prompt:
Dreams. For some, they are insignificant amalgamations of daily life experiences. For others, they are manifestations of deeply-rooted hopes. And for the rare few, they are an opportunity to witness the future and what secrets it holds. Twilightdream is one of these blessed few holding the power of premonition within her small paws. Before her eyes could even open, she was dreaming of voices. The same voices she would then hear later that very day. The Ministra caring for her insisted it must be a simple coincidence easily explained by the kitten's apparent heightened senses. However, the claim of coincidence quickly fell apart after the small soul began murmuring words. Words that would be spoken right after on the other side of the camp by a cat who couldn't possibly have heard the young kit speak. Twilightdream was only a week old the first time she did this, her hearing just recently coming to her. And yet, this kit seemed to know what would be said prior to any words being uttered without possibly knowing what was being spoken of. It was incredible and the Ministra immediately reported the kitten's peculiar and fascinating behavior to the Sybil Superior.

For the two moons following the Sybil Superior learning of Twilightdream's special ability, she would spend every night under the Sybil's care. For the Kin's sacred prophet understood such a mighty power signified an immensely strong bond with the Nine Spirits and possibly Terra herself. Something far too burdensome for the frail spirit of a newborn kit. As such, they cared for the small she-kit. Each morning the Sybil would sit with the young kit in their sacred cavern and discuss the dreams they had the night prior. Some nights, her dreams were filled with darkness. An endless void of nothingness with only voices heard faintly in the distance. Yet, there were other nights where she would have vivid dreams. So vivid she'd wake up feeling remnants of whatever she endured in her dream. One particular dream has haunted her every night and the Sybil has spent every waking moment with her trying to discern it's purpose.

In this dream, Twilightdream finds herself standing atop a pile of rocks in front of the magnificent waterfall within the Kin's protected territory. In the distance, far beyond the Abyssal Lake, a brilliant flame laps at the bright day sky. As she stares, the flame grows taller and hungrier. It lunges at the sky, heading farther and farther upwards until the burning fire covers the sun in its deep red blaze. The entire territory is draped in a smoky haze, covering every inch in its ominous hues and drowning out whatever light the sun so desperately tries to share with the land. However, Twilightdream is rooted in front of the waterfall unable to turn to run away. Forced to stare at the light seep away around her every night. At least, every night until this dream inevitably comes to life as her others have done.

500 words

Last edited by Hazelfang on Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:45 am, edited 7 times in total.
Hazelfang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nightshyne » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:55 pm

mark :) probably going for top left!
nightshyne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby riverotter » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:05 pm

Username: riverotter
Which Kitten: top right!!!
Cat Name: astraeus
Clan: mireclan
Prompt: heyy stop that >:( you can't see it yet !!! stop!!
Last edited by riverotter on Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
riverotter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mythz » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:41 pm

Username: Mythz
      Which Kitten: Top Left
      Cat Name: Ray
      Clan: xx
      Prompt:

Soaking and cold to the bone, the tiny kit shook from the icy waters. It's pitiful mews were drowned out by the bubbling, frothing waves. On shore, it was just as cold and it haunched over, coughing up a mouthful of water.

Quiet, little one.

The kit cried out in surprise at the voice, seemingly in its head and all around at the same time.

Calm.

The kit looked around frantically, but there was no source to the voice.

You must find him. He will see your safety.

"Who? Safety from what?" The kit mewed, shivering. But the voice continued.

But careful, little one. For she watches, and she is waiting.

"Who? Who's watching me?"

In my embrace, you will be safe.

And the kit was shaken awake violently, shocked to find he was still in his living quarters, warm and dry.

"Hey, Barra?" Ray queried, peering over the edge of the boat and at the deep, dark water churning below.

"Yes, little one?" Barracuda replied, placing down what he had been fiddling with and padding over to where the little kit stood. He followed Ray's gaze down to the ocean and waited for him to speak.

"What's down there?" The young kit said nervously.

Barra paused, pondering the question. "Well, it depends. If you're asking me what's below us right now, I would say maybe some fish."

A little nervous laugh from Ray followed. "No Barra, like... what controls all of that? Why is it so..." Scary, he wanted to add, but faltered. She is watching, she is waiting. He let out a frustrated huff.

"What controls the sea? What controls the earth?"

Barracuda smiled softly. "Well, a long time ago there was only two. Peak and Tide.

The two were Lost. Wandering. And then they found each other.

They created this - us, everything you see around you.

And they loved us.

Until we started losing faith in Peak. See, she takes all of us when it is our time, and lays us to rest."

"Like my mother?"

Barracuda's face became clouded. "Yes, like your mother.

And we despised her because of it. Believed she was unfair. Then the earthquakes came. We were split, divided. Some went to Peak, and we turned to Tide. See, those who descended from Peak's followers are not afraid of the land, and view us as superstitious. But if you ask me, not one of them would come aboard our boat for longer then a couple days, just as we spend only a few days on the shore. Decendents like us cannot be on the shore for long, or Peak comes looking."

Ray shivered, although the seabreeze was warm.

"I don't think that I should go ashore this time."

Barracuda turned to the kit, questioning. But after seeing Ray's serious, solemn expression he didn't pry.

She watches, and she is waiting. In my embrace, you will be safe.

Last edited by Mythz on Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Mythz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aresthehomo » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:42 pm

Username: Aresthehomo
Which Kitten: Top Left
Cat Name: Iris
Clan: The Wildings
Prompt: Iris couldn't help but feel a sense of unease in her heart. She was afraid of the future and what it held for her and her group. She had heard stories of other cats who had left the forest and never returned, and the mere thought of leaving her home and her friends behind filled her with dread.

One day, as the sun was setting and the rest of The Wildings cats were settling down for the night, Iris couldn't shake off her fears. She sat alone on a high branch, gazing at the stars and wondering what her future would be like. Her thoughts were interrupted by a soft voice behind her.

'Hey, what's troubling you?' It was her friend, a wise old cat she had almost begun to see as her caretaker since she was taken in as an orphan.

Iris poured her heart out to that cat, confessing her fears and worries about the future. The older shecat listened patiently and then smiled.

'My dear Iris, the future is unknown and that can be scary. But as long as we have each other, we can face anything that comes our way. And don't forget, the future is also full of endless possibilities and adventures.' The older cat had responded.

The shecats words brought comfort to Iris' heart and she realized that she was not alone in her fears. She jumped down from the branch and joined her friends, feeling grateful for their companionship and choosing to set aside her fears for another time; when the future really was something to think upon.

Which Kitten: Top right
Cat Name: Eileithyia
Prompt: Eileithyia had a dream she wanted to pursue one day - to become one of the "Big Four" of The Wildings. She wanted to become a leader and role model for her peers and help contribute to the success of the group.

She was a skilled and agile hunter, known for her sharp senses and quick reflexes. But what set her apart from the other cats was her courage and ambition. She had always looked up to the current leader, a wise and respected shecat and dreamed of one day leading the Wildings just like her.

Eile was brought into The Wildings group as an orphan, and from a young age, she showed great potential as a warrior. She trained tirelessly, honing her skills and learning from the best warriors in the group. But deep down, Eileithyia knew that her true calling was to become a leader. She wanted to make a difference in the world and leave a legacy for her group. She dreamed of leading The Wildings to greatness and protecting them from any danger that may come their way.

In hindsight, it's not that difficult of a dream for her to have. It's within reason and reach, and she shows the ability to have and grow to it. All she wishes is that she's able to achieve it someday and show the others what she can really be.

Which Kitten: Bottom Left
Cat Name: Notus
Prompt: Notus was born with a little kink in his tail. His caretaker, a proud member of The Wildings he often called his mother, was worried that her adopted kit's unusual appearance would make him an outcast in their group. Notus's caretaker was determined to raise her kit to be just as fierce and skilled as the rest of the cats, despite his unique trait.

As Notus grew older, he stood out from his peers with his kinked tail. Some of the other kits teased him, calling him 'Kink' and making fun of his tail. But Notus refused to let their words bring him down. He was determined to prove himself as a valuable member of The Wildings, just like his mother.

One day, while out hunting with the group, Notus spotted a group of rabbits. He remembered his mother's lessons on stealth and patience, and he used them to his advantage. With his kinked tail swaying behind him, he silently crept towards the rabbits. His tail acted as a perfect distraction, while Notus pounced and caught his first rabbit. The other cats who were training were impressed with his hunting skills and finally accepted him as one of their own.

From that day on, Notus became a valuable member of The Wildings. His unique tail became a symbol of his strength and resilience. He was no longer teased or called 'Kink,' but instead, he was known as 'The Kinked Hunter.' Notus proved that being different was not a weakness, but a strength that should be celebrated. As Notus grew older, he became a valuable member of The Wildings. He taught the younger cats to embrace their differences and use them to their advantage.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Image Image Image
Aresthehomo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me