Based on Click to view
Artist cyrevan [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 17 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
34 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kalon Advent - December 1st

Postby cyrevan » Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:59 am

edits wrote:[nr] sclera color, weight (chubby)
[s] hair, shine
[c] fur, tail
[uc] ears
[r] shaped pawpads

Heya everyone! I'm super excited to be hosting this event for you all this month. To get the ball rolling, here is the first day's adopt: Partridge In A Pear Tree. I love birds and had fun designing this fella!

To enter, answer this question:
What does this kalon like to make?

You can use up to 600 words or one art piece to answer the prompt.
An extra of 400 words or an art piece is also permitted!
It will end on rollover to December 14th.

Code: Select all
    [b]Username + ID:[/b]
    [b]Kalon name:[/b]
    [b]Prompt:[/b]
    [b]Extra:[/b]
ImageImage
cyrus // they/it // artist & fursuit maker // kalons
credit my toyhouse for art and designs!
fullbody + headshot credit

Trade me for free pets!
cyrevan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon Advent - December 1st

Postby squeegi » Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:00 pm

username + id: squeegi + 929095
kalon name orielle
prompt:
when you have a family as big and as.. charmingly rowdy as orielle's, the christmas holiday means no pause in the hustle and bustle at home. of course, it's lovely to have everyone at home, but so many boisterous, excited kalons in one space can get a little tricky.
orielle, as much as she enjoys her beloved family, she tends to keep herself busy with chores outside of the home. picking up more flour from the grocery store, or stopping by the neighbors to get more eggs. anything to be productive in a less crowded environment.
however, there is one job assigned to orielle that she simply cannot weasel her way out of; baking the family's favorite traditional dessert.
the partridge in a pear tart. fitting that she's the one who makes it, right?
for all of her whining, she truly does love to make it. it's a process of the heart; the careful slicing and arranging of the pear slices, the cutting of the traditional partridge-shaped crust garnish, the pressing down of soft dough into the cold, fluted edges of their pie pan, worn from generations of use for this exact purpose.
sneaking a slice of sugar-coated pear to eat, and tossing one to the family dog waiting eagerly at her feet. the gentle advice from her grandmother, her fingers too stiff and pained to help with the dough as she once had. having to scold her brothers and sisters as they peek into the kitchen and attempt to snatch a slice of pear.
it was her favorite part of the holidays, really. the smell of carmelized pears, tart and oh-so-sweet, is one of her favorite things in the world. surrounded by her family, with a slice of pear tart, warm from the oven?
there truly is no greater pleasure in life.

303 / 400

Last edited by squeegi on Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:50 am, edited 7 times in total.
squeegi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Exitium » Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:02 pm

Mark mark <3
................exitium
.....discord: @mortemius

................Image

.............ImageImage

ImageImageImage
Exitium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby epilogue » Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:02 pm

MARK
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Kalon Advent - December 1st

Postby cherubim » Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:04 pm

mark !!
    he likes making christmas tree ornaments out of lost souls :,0
x
x
x

┌──────────── (☀) ────────────┐
❝ 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐢 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 ❞
🕊 wren 🕊 they/she 🕊 sylvain's wife! 🕊
lover of birds, poetry, and fire emblem
take a gander at my writing

└──────────── (☀) ────────────┘
cherubim

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:07 pm

Username + ID: Lex. 959439
Kalon name: Oiseau
Prompt: Oiseau loves to make stylized bird nests for the rescued birds at his local animal hospital and sanctuary! He makes them in a variety of shapes and sizes. [WIP, adding more!]
Extra: wip!
Last edited by Lex. on Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    if you're happy where you are
    then you need not look too far
    if you've found your place at last
    then you need not use the looking glass
    -;; bubble puppy

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fuyunofabuki » Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:10 pm

Username + ID: fuyunofabuki + 948125
Kalon name: Pidge
Prompt:Pidge loves to make cookies and gingerbread houses
Extra:
𝐘𝐎𝐔─────────
Fuyunofabuki, bday: Feb 12th, see
my cs insta for my upcoming events
- share your chicken smoothie goals
zodiac dog auction ───────Image
fuyunofabuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mimu » Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:13 pm

mark
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxImage

x
xx
Xx( ㅅ´ ˘ ` ) ── ★ ˙ ̟
Tinky | Artist | Adult
"I gave you all i had..."
xXXx✦ | Kals |
xxxxxArt credit !

Mimu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mewsters » Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:00 pm

Username + ID: mewsters + 159751
Kalon name: Herb
Prompt:
Herb is a basket weaver, a very tedious and meticulous one at that. His skills were passed down from past generations of his family, all well-known crafters in their own fields. Some were more into fiber arts, others into sculpting and woodwork, and here Herb was, weaving fine pieces of oak or hickory into beautiful hand made baskets. It was hard to come by some of these materials though, so he did have to occasionally use reeds or other cheap materials.
It was a blessing though when he did receive these finer materials, he preferred these because of their pliability and the smell of the different wood types was comforting to him, and to others, as he’d come out of the workshop after a long day smelling like a forest. It was his signature scent, as he calls it.
Herb has also delved into the world of making wicker baskets as well, in varying shapes and sizes, using the leftover reeds or willow he would have laying around. These were usually quicker projects too as he didn’t have to wet any of the materials like he would traditionally weaving. Fruit baskets, chairs, decorative stools, even laundry baskets were key items he’d make. On the rare occasion he would make children’s toys, especially around the holidays when his family comes to visit.
He used the holidays as a gauge to see how much his craftsmanship improved, watching the faces of his family as they gave approving nods and inspected each toy and basket he gave out as gifts. It made him feel fulfilled, like he was on the same level as all the other masterful craftsmen that taught him so much.

Extra:

Last edited by mewsters on Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
mewst / adult / she-her / married / artist
+ toyhouse + my kals :3 +
i only really play for fun now, but may occasionally roleplay or trade pets

pixel art above by windwaken on th, pfp by me :3
mewsters

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:41 pm

Username + ID: WitchHazel + 148605
Kalon name: Smudge
Prompt: Smudge likes to craft realistic bird ornaments! Any type of bird, from cardinals to spoonbills; even emus. They start with a foam base, painstakingly hand-sculpting it into the shape of the desired bird. Next, they add the feathers. Smudge likes to forage in the woods behind their house for fresh feathers, always being sure to clean them before using them in their crafts. They also save the moulted feathers from their pet birds for crafting purposes. If they don't have enough moulted feathers, then they'll stop by the local craft store to pick some up.
Sometimes, the birds Smudge replicates have very specific colours and patterns, which can be difficult to find at the store. If they can't find a feather with the correct colour or pattern they're looking for, they'll often end up dyeing the feathers themself so they can get the finished product to look as accurate as possible to the bird it represents. Then, they'll add a hand-painted beak and eyes, and voila! The bird is almost done.
The final addition to the ornament are the legs. While other bird ornaments may be secured to a tree via a metal alligator clip, Smudge's ornaments have adjustable wire talons. You can simply position the talons to curl around the tree branch! This gives the birds a more natural posture when perching in a tree. Though the winter holidays are Smudge's favourite time of year to make the birds, they craft them for all occasions - robins and nests of chicks or eggs for spring, doves and swans for Valentine's day, and turkeys and grouses for autumn.
Every one of Smudge's friends has one of their ornaments - their first holiday gift to a new friend is always their favourite bird. If they don't have a favourite bird, Smudge will choose a bird that reminds them of their friend.
Not only are the bird ornaments handmade with love and care, but they look so lifelike that some kalons have taken to fooling relatives with them. But who knows? Maybe with a little holiday magic, they'll come to life.
Extra: WIP!
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me