Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by bug

by bug

by bug

by bug

robotics class

Postby bug » Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:29 am

>>> ROBOTICS CLASS !
this seemed to be the place... the door was slightly ajar, from the small view you had you saw a mess. everywhere. scraps of metal and boxes thrown around. you'd enter the room, and a chicoon would pop up from the mess "oh! uh... don't mind the mess. the desks are clean." they'd point to the desks, pristine and clear as they ever could be. the rest of the room was a tip, how was anyone meant to find anything in here. disregarding the looming feeling that they probably shouldn't be allowed to teach if they can't even be prepared on time, you'd take a seat.

Last edited by bug on Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
RED, RED MOON. ███████████████████████████████

KEEP ON RISING
📞; bug/mech he/it
.xxxwrmz / song ﹒☎️
.xxxth @ venuella !
THE SUNSET SOON

█████████
█████████

▌██
▌██
▌██
▌██
▌██
▌██
▌██

▌████████ INDEED WILL BLEED IN MY HORIZON. ..
bug

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

robotics class > daily prompts

Postby bug » Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:11 pm

please make sure to check what is needed for each form!
regardless of how much you write, if you get it wrong you will be skipped!
please note this booth rolls over at 10pm cs time.

you'd open the door to walk into class for the last time, and be greeted by mulch. behind him was a little part set up in the middle of the room! " i didn't think it was fair to make you all work on the last day. so this was the least i could do as thanks for coming to my class." he'd go back to talking with mulch and ascii while you'd go to see what he had brought to this little thank you party...

thank you all for participating in my booth and also your patience with rolls! :3
Last edited by bug on Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:06 am, edited 10 times in total.

KEEP ON RISING
📞; bug/mech he/it
.xxxwrmz / song ﹒☎️
.xxxth @ venuella !
THE SUNSET SOON

█████████
█████████

▌██
▌██
▌██
▌██
▌██
▌██
▌██

bug

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

robotics class > results

Postby bug » Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:11 pm

Last edited by bug on Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:57 am, edited 8 times in total.

KEEP ON RISING
📞; bug/mech he/it
.xxxwrmz / song ﹒☎️
.xxxth @ venuella !
THE SUNSET SOON

█████████
█████████

▌██
▌██
▌██
▌██
▌██
▌██
▌██

bug

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

robotics class > item list

Postby bug » Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:13 pm

⚙️ remote control
    2uc, unlim c + candle horns trait myo
i wonder what this connects to? might be better to leave it alone for now...

⚙️ circuit board
    nr | physique edit
the main brain of any robot, best place to start when making one!

⚙️ caterpillar treads
    uc | leg style edit
whoa, your machine is on the move!

⚙️ sketchy cables
    uc | sparkles/particles edit; must look like sparks
these don't look safe to use at all! might be why they are in a box labelled 'do not use'...

⚙️ solar panel
    uc | unmatching eyes/fire
environmentally friendly! aside from the fact the room is lacking in natural sunlight.

⚙️ coding pamphlet
    r | other than feathered wings
the possibilities are endless with this. let's start simple though and just switch something up!

⚙️ fire extinguisher
    uc| flame halos or small patches of fire
just in case we have any situations. not that that's ever been a problem in here..

⚙️ knife and duct tape
    c | teeth and claw edit
you know these are being built for functions aside from battling, right?

⚙️ spilled oil
    r | two flames
a lot more people here needed to use that you kn- oh no.

⚙️ sticker sheet
    c | eye style/shape edit
no one is going to take your robot serious if you put these on here.

⚙️ relaxing candle
    e | candle horns
a very relaxing candle... why is this here.

⚙️ heavy textbook
    r/uc | leg style edit (thick), hand edit (larger)
you bought this textbook just in case you needed it! seems like it was a waste of your well earned chicoins.

⚙️ book bag
    r | shaped flame (book shaped)
its a little worn, but it looks reliable.

⚙️ crayons
    n/a | adds crayon-textured stars, hearts, squares, or circles to a chicoon's design
you open the drawer to find some crayons, some new and some chewed on... ew?

⚙️ pencil box
    c | horns (thin, sharp)
great for helping you sketch up ideas! would you be able to make them? hopefully!

⚙️ eraser
    nr | erases a single, or a pair of symmetrical markings
great for getting rid of mistakes... on paper. this will not fix a broken robot.

⚙️ bag of snacks
    nr | allows for event companion species named; ghost taurii, book bug, or pumpkit
you bought these to snack on in class, but something else seems to be much more interested in them.
Last edited by bug on Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:53 am, edited 5 times in total.

KEEP ON RISING
📞; bug/mech he/it
.xxxwrmz / song ﹒☎️
.xxxth @ venuella !
THE SUNSET SOON

█████████
█████████

▌██
▌██
▌██
▌██
▌██
▌██
▌██

bug

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: robotics class

Postby Galaxytale » Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:57 am

>>> DAILY ROLL !
> USERNAME | Galaxytale
> ID | #646813

>>> DAILY PROMPT !
> USERNAME | Galaxytale
> ID | #646813
> PROMPT |
Jason sits and watches as Mulch rambles on, wondering why exactly he was there in the first place? It wasn't like he had any real interest in robotics and, honestly, after not really getting anything done with the rides during the summer carnival, he didn't really feel like he was all that great with mechanical things at all. Though, he supposed, this class would probably help with that. So maybe it'd be a good thing? Honestly, he wasn't sure about Peat or Mulch yet. Mulch seemed to ramble on a lot, and Peat... he'd have to get used to him.

Mulch's talk was somewhat boring and rambling on, so Jason elected to ignore it. Instead, he looked around the room at all the tools and materials. Nuts, bolts, screws, rivets, screwdrivers, various sheets of metal, some kinda circutboard-y looking stuff. All kinds of things you would probably use for making robots. The problem would be, of course, know what he'd need and how to use it correctly. Mulch and Peat would probably be able to help him with that right? If he could figure out what he wanted his robot to be able to do first, they could probably help him figure out a workable design and give him some advice on how to properly use the tools. Of course, he knew how to use them in other ways or other things, but he was pretty sure that what he knew to use them for wasn't what they were intended for.

So what would he want it to do? Figuring that out would have to be the first step after all. Maybe some kind of alarm bot? That'd let him know when other people came around his home so he could chase them off... Or maybe some kind of drone that he could program to chase people off itself? No... That seems a bit impractical considering he lives at a lake surrounded by some woods. Actually, that's a good point - it'd probably need to be water-proof somehow, or at least fairly moisture-resistant. Honestly, a lot of this would be way easier if there was just two of him. One could rest and do the things he actually needs done, while the other could ward off annoying campers. Wait... Actually that was an idea! What if he tried making a Robo-Jason? One that could patrol his home and keep people out while he actually did the stuff he needed to do! Yes, that seemed like a good idea! What would that need, then?

Firstly, he'd want it to be able to move somehow. Walking on four legs might be the best idea, just because the terrain around his home could be rough and he didn't want it to get stuck on something easily. This isn't some sort of roomba he wanted to make! He didn't want to have to go out and constantly rescue the robot from situations it walked itself into. Which brings him to his next requirement: it'd need to be somewhat smart. It needs to be able to figure out ways to scare off campers who trespass, and also it needs to be smart enough to be able to navigate the woods and shores of his home. As for appearances... The idea of having a robotic doppelganger was pretty appealing too. So he'd have to make it look like himself! Except with all four limbs... Was he envious of a theoretical machine for having all its limbs intact? Maybe. In a relevant vein, it'd also need to be fairy tough like himself, now that he thought about it. It can't stop working if its missing a limb or something, no. Sometimes those annoying campers liked to put up a fight, even though they didn't belong in his home. He had plenty of scars from past encounters with them. It'd have to be able to stand up to a good beating, then. Probably some even more than moderate damage, too, if possible.

Jason nodded to himself, pleased with the concept. He pulled out a piece of paper and began to scribble out his concept. In reality, it was really just a drawing with some sparse notes scribbled around the picture. Still, pleased with his work, Jason took his sheet of paper up to Mulch and Peat in order to get their feedback and advice on how to pull it off.

After being shown, Mulch hummed at it, nodding along to something Jason couldn't hear. He seemed to be considering the concept art for a while, staring at it and clicking his tongue at what was probably this or that thought that would pop into his head. Peat chattered excitedly to Mulch, giving his input and ideas that would help make it possible. Mulch would make a noise of agreement or disagreement with this or that suggestion. Eventually though, he turned to walk over to his workbench, pulling down some blueprint paper from a cabinet above him and starting to draw out some actual plans. Jason watched eagerly as the diagrams developed and detailed instructions were written out. After finishing, Mulch rolled the schematics up and turned to face Jason, "Bring this back with you every time you come here to work on this. You'll need it, and so will we if me and Peat need to step in and help out with things. I think I've written it out as clearly as I possibly could, but if you have any questions you can ask. I'm pretty curious about if you'll be able to actually make this thing work to your specifications - especially if it ends up being as robust as you hope." Jason grunted, nodding his head in gratitude as he took the plans from Mulch.

Satisfied, he found a protective container for the blueprints and slid them inside the tube before he left. He'd do everything he could to take good care of these schematics. Them, and his ability to pull this off, were his only chance of having a better way to deal with the annoyances that plagued him and his lake home.

[Word Count: 1,016]
Griffin | He/Him or It/Its | Ghouls System
Galaxytale on ToyHouse

[Icon and siggy art by Ottercola]
Galaxytale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wyvern Queen Kym » Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:58 am

>>> DAILY ROLL !
> USERNAME | Wyvern Queen Kym
> ID | 416790

>>> DAILY PROMPT !
> USERNAME | Wyvern Queen Kym
> ID | 416790
> PROMPT |
(Dear Bug: This is 1001 words of Harbringer struggling with the basics of a robot idea and having 0 clue how one makes a schematic)

Harbringer was fairly silent as he listened to Mulch rattle on and on about the task at hand. Robotics was, in some ways, not too unlike farming. You had to plan out everything days and weeks-- sometimes even months-- in advance. You put in a ton of hard work in order to get a big payoff later on down the line. Sometimes plans changed last minute due to things you didn’t expect! The main difference between the two was that one was quite alive and the other was…

Well, actually. Dead wasn’t quite right. Metal wasn’t really alive to begin with, now was it? The parallels ended and the Chicoon found himself staring down at a rather blank table harboring no more than an empty blueprint and some chalk. The confusion on his face was pretty plain to see, and after a good long moment of silence-- far longer than what one might consider to be acceptable-- he’d turn his head to Mulch dully.

Ah. They hadn’t actually come up with an initial idea yet. If Harbringer had been listening a bit more carefully, maybe he would KNOW that. Instead, he had been far too busy being wrapped up in his own personal thoughts regarding the differences between robotics and what he was familiar with. This was a very far cry from the forest he called home. He’d rub his head in thought, peering down at the blueprint as he’d wrack his brain.

Think, Har. Think. What could you construct to connect your love of nature and the cycle of life with the cold hard metal and wiring of robotics? He wandered around for a moment in thought, picking up a notebook to scribble down more concepts in as he paced about.

Technology was a pretty intertwined part of farming come to think of it. Humans had tractors, sprinklers, threshers… all of which wouldn’t quite be possible without engineering and robotics. It was then though, and only then, that a thought managed to cross Harbringer’s mind: Those were all made for humans. For large sprawling fields with no obstacles. Mass production, little regard for the other bits of nature--

He had his idea. He just had to try and figure out a way to put it into proper words, pausing in front of the blueprint table again with his notebook in hand. It would be some sort of robot that had a regard for the nature it was helping to nurture. Something that could actually lend the Chicoon a hand in the densely packed forest he called home, that would be able to till the soil without disrupting the creatures that lived there.

It would need to be able to navigate around the dense brush and weave through the various trees. To avoid trampling crops from underfoot. Maybe it could actually utilize the trees themselves to travel from place to place? But then how would it reach the soil down below…

Harbringer’s face contorted as he sat down at this point, deep in thought as he’d tap a pencil against the side of his face. He was onto something. He knew he had to be, but how could he consolidate all these ideas into some sort of solid concept…

Extendable limbs. That would possibly work. Some sort of heat scanner that would let it notice living creatures nearby to avoid accidentally injuring them in the midst of its routine? How would he manage to power it though?? Maybe he could find some way to power it using the leaf litter that was strewn in the woods…

After some time, Harbringer finally set down the notebook and pencil. He had a general concept of just what this robot was supposed to be doing, at least. He now needed to try and get the concept onto a proper canvas-- well, blueprint. He could spend a new eternity comparing the similarities of the two items, but he was aware that if he got started on that then he would never get around to actually working on this blueprint thing.

And so instead Harbringer would gently pick up the chalk, his wings flapping a bit in anticipation. He was NOT much of an artist-- more of a philosopher and a poet, really-- but so long as he could get the basics down without the general concept getting lost…

Which was why it would be of no surprise that he’d eventually scrap this initial blueprint altogether. Yeah. This looked nothing like what he needed it to. Oops. As time ticked by, a nearby wastebasket would begin to see crumpled up paper after piece of crumpled up paper bounce off of its rim. Turned out that sports would also not be Har’s strongsuit.

Long lanky limbs. He’d scribble a note explaining that they were meant to be extendable and retractable. A monitor on the chest that was easily readable. More notes scribbled onto the blueprint about it being more for the farmer’s use than the robot’s. A scanner to check for signs of life. He had nature’s well being in mind as he added on bit by bit to this idea. Soon enough though-- and a few more failed shots at the wastebasket later-- he’d have what he considered to be a coherent blueprint!

…well, that was until Mulch pointed out that chalk was for the blackboard and that this was not actually how blueprints were made. Oh! And that Harbringer had wasted approximately seventy two sheets of blueprint paper that were supposed to be ran through a special printer to get the schematics onto them. Oh. Harbringer stared very blankly at his surroundings before taking in a deep breath. He began slowly crumpling up his newest work before tossing it into the wastebasket and beginning to actually work with Mulch to get this put properly onto a blueprint.

At least the paper actually made it into the wastebasket bin this time. Not that Har had ever even noticed he was missing the basket to begin with…

I absolutely love snakes & dragons, and am always happy to receive them.
I'm also always happy to get new scenery items and King Costumes.

I have Giftbombed: 87 people
I have been Giftbombed: 26 times
Giftwars Had: 16
Giftwars Won: 5
Dreamies Achieved: 13
Dreamies Given: 22
COFAGRIGUS #0563

Alphy / Keasan / Kym
Any pronouns! :3c
Wyvern Queen Kym

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FatalCollapse » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:03 am

>>> DAILY ROLL !
> USERNAME | FatalCollapse
> ID | 852442

>>> DAILY PROMPT !
> USERNAME | FatalCollapse
> ID | 852442
> PROMPT | Goob quickly sketches out some messy concept art for his future robot with a pen and paper before quickly falling asleep in class and starts to snore. Goob dreams about how much he hates school and being forced to write and read so many words and sentences. He wants to just be picking flowers and frolicking in the grassy open meadows, but instead he is trapped here in this prison known as chicoon university. Why did he even decided to take this class? It was just gonna be about building killer robots like in his favorite movie 'Small Villain 3'.
Last edited by FatalCollapse on Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

╔════════════════════════╗
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ᴀꜱ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴀꜱ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʟᴀᴜɢʜ,

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ 🐱 👑 🐺
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ Image
‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎Image
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Image
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Image
‎ ‎‎ ɪᴛ ᴅᴏᴇꜱɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ʜᴏᴡ, ɪ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ
╚════════════════════════╝
FatalCollapse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby medimedes » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:07 am

>>> DAILY ROLL !
> USERNAME | Hyde
> ID | 1036778
[right]chicken smoothie doesn’t bring me much joy anymore. I’m very inactive. Sorry[/center]
medimedes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Amplify » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:21 am

>>> DAILY ROLL !
> USERNAME | Amplify
> ID | 426059

>>> DAILY PROMPT !
> USERNAME | Amplify
> ID | 426059
> PROMPT |
    Magnus was admittedly intrigued by the concept of a robotics class, even though he had no clue where to start in terms of building one or coding its behavior. Deciding to look online for some advice, Magnus found some basic schematics for standard robots and began making a list of the common features and materials used. After getting through the necessary parts, he then decided to start being more creative, thinking about what he'd want it to look like. Wouldn't it be funny to have a super fast snail shaped robot? He'd have to be careful to give it a strong enough base to avoid being tipped over too easily due to the shell, but he was sure he could manage it. Maybe the shell could be purely decorative? That way it wouldn't weigh too much and if necessary could be removed to increase the mobility of his robot. The thing about a snail robot is that it wouldn't have arms, but it could act as a transporter, in which case the shell could be a hollow compartment big enough to hold a bag of food or something. Perhaps he was getting a bit to far ahead of himself seeing as he couldn't even make a standard robot yet but he kept drawing the schematics anyway; might as well aim for the stars, right? [224]
Amplify

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .henloimmabirb. » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:23 am

>>> DAILY ROLL !
> USERNAME | .henloimmabirb.
> ID | 778953

>>> DAILY PROMPT !
> USERNAME | .henloimmabirb.
> ID | 778953
> PROMPT |
Boots grabbed a piece of paper and a few colored pencils before sitting down at a table. She stared down at the blank paper for a few moments before starting to sketch out an idea for a robot! She scribbled more details onto her robot, noting a few things with blurbs and arrows pointing to the specific places they should go. After about thirty minutes, she set down her pencils and looked at the concept from a distance. Her head wings fluttered in excitement, this robot would be the best robot ever!!

She planned for it to have a very long neck, short legs, and a long tail. The notes around the drawing were scattered with ideas for lights, color palettes, and maybe even attaching some fabric to the robot! She'd have to wait and see on the fabric part...but for now, she was quite content with her sketched out plan! With it now decided, Boots grabbed a few markers to outline the sketch and make the notes more readable.

She began to outline the pencil lines in black marker, she was focused on making them as clean as possible...she soon felt content with the linework and it was easy to make out what it was! She grabbed a smaller marker and began to ink in the notes, she was finished, she happily held her robot concept and couldn't wait to get started on the next step! [237 words]
Henlo!! :D I am Birb! Image

PokeFarm Q

Art Fight
Sketch Shop | Character Shop
Discord: ScribbleRibbon#1282

*I'm away on vacation till the 22nd -- apologies for delayed replies/messages!*
ImageImage
ImageImage
.henloimmabirb.

My pets
My items
My wishlist