NQD | Axehandle Hound | Lily by Scoinwolf

Based on Click to view
Artist Scoinwolf [gallery]
Time spent 22 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

NQD | Axehandle Hound | Lily

Postby Scoinwolf » Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:25 pm

Description: small but fearsome, they resemble the shape of an axe with short, stubby, little legs. They prey upon the handles of unattended axes from lumberjack camps, often hoarding the handles away to be eaten later

This one was found in the mountains, far from the usual forested areas Axehandles are typically found in. The Shopkeeper notes it seemed to have been on a mission for its chosen hoard. What was it searching for up there?

ThousandSounds wrote:Username: ThousandSounds
Name: Lily
Collar: eye color
Prompt: Lilly is actually very protective of her more exotic stocks of wood. Stuff like Red wood is actually high in value list for this axehandle, the rarer the tastier. Even if she doesn't plan on eating it, it is definitely very pretty and worth collecting. So in a desperate attempts to protect it from any greedy hands, other axehandles in the woods, or any beavers looking for an easy pickings, Lilly evacuates her precious hoards and relocates it to far places where it would be safe, this process is long, exhausting and excruciating, but the pay off is what keeps her drive strong. What better place to keep your stash safe than the mountains, where the highest odds is the creatures here wouldn't even show interest or bat an eye.

She also likes to collect some interesting looking wood carvings, like a small statue, or a figurine either stolen from or left behind by an artistic wood carver. Everything from small trinkets like woodens toys, little wooden animals, or little stakes to walking sticks.

Occasionally, this axhandle semi-accidentally creates a masterpiece of her own by gnawing away at the wooden fiber. Nibbling, crunching, picking, and ripping until it looks like something the two legged creatures make with their "paws". Of course her craft isn't entirely perfect, but interestingly her carvings are actually not half bad! And it's a great way to pass time, keep her teeth itching to nibble satisfied, and stay entertained. Besides, who wouldn't like a delicious artwork you can eat in order to make it.

Alarmed, thinking her handles and wood is in danger she makes way for the mountains in a desperate attempt to protect her hoard. Ugh... If only she could remember where she left it... Where did she hide it again? Why wasn't there a map to this place, OH THE TRAGEDY

The shopkeeper hums, looking you over as you fill out the application. "Looks good." He pulls up a calendar on his computer, kicking his feet up on the desk as he types in your information. "I'll let you know on October 23rd if you've been accepted."
Last edited by Scoinwolf on Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Red sky at night, sailor's delight. Red sky in the morning, sailors take warning.
Wayward Bound | Not Quite Dogs
Scoinwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: NQD | Axehandle Hound | OPEN

Postby Spiritstar3 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:50 am

Username:
Spiritstar3
Name:
Sofia
Collar:
Darker pink with lighter pink or white dots to look like sparkles
Prompt:
She'd heard there were some very special, sparkling rocks up there. Now, she knows she can't eat those...too hard on the teeth. However, axehandles aren't the only thing she hoards. She only hoards those anyway since it's a part of the diet. She likes to collect and hoard pretty things. She's found many bandanas and collars that appear sparkly. She seems drawn to the sparkly pretty things. Thus, when she heard of these rocks, she just had to have them for her own.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scoinwolf » Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:38 pm

bump!
Red sky at night, sailor's delight. Red sky in the morning, sailors take warning.
Scoinwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThousandSounds » Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:37 pm

Username: ThousandSounds
Prompt: Lilly is actually very protective of her more exotic stocks of wood. Stuff like Red wood is actually high in value list for this axehandle, the rarer the tastier. Even if she doesn't plan on eating it, it is definitely very pretty and worth collecting. So in a desperate attempts to protect it from any greedy hands, other axehandles in the woods, or any beavers looking for an easy pickings, Lilly evacuates her precious hoards and relocates it to far places where it would be safe, this process is long, exhausting and excruciating, but the pay off is what keeps her drive strong. What better place to keep your stash safe than the mountains, where the highest odds is the creatures here wouldn't even show interest or bat an eye.

She also likes to collect some interesting looking wood carvings, like a small statue, or a figurine either stolen from or left behind by an artistic wood carver. Everything from small trinkets like woodens toys, little wooden animals, or little stakes to walking sticks.

Occasionally, this axhandle semi-accidentally creates a masterpiece of her own by gnawing away at the wooden fiber. Nibbling, crunching, picking, and ripping until it looks like something the two legged creatures make with their "paws". Of course her craft isn't entirely perfect, but interestingly her carvings are actually not half bad! And it's a great way to pass time, keep her teeth itching to nibble satisfied, and stay entertained. Besides, who wouldn't like a delicious artwork you can eat in order to make it.

Alarmed, thinking her handles and wood is in danger she makes way for the mountains in a desperate attempt to protect her hoard. Ugh... If only she could remember where she left it... Where did she hide it again? Why wasn't there a map to this place, OH THE TRAGEDY

• Listen... I REALLY love roleplaying UwU
  • It is boiling cold in here.
  • I'm a stupid coconut. And have severe memory loss,
    so please prod me as much as you need.
  • Dungeons & Dragons for life baybeeee

ThousandSounds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scoinwolf » Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:54 pm

ThousandSounds wrote:Username: ThousandSounds

Congrats, she's yours!
Scoinwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me