23 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kalon #2182

Postby snowdrake » Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:31 am

[nr] sclera, weight (skinny)
    [st] hair, shine, claws
    [c] tail, fur, backmane
    [uc] ears, pupils, tongue
things just got a lot more relaxed for me, I'll be able to be online more often! responses still won't be instant most times, sorry </3
snowdrake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #2182

Postby Ucanthandleme » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:48 pm

Username + Id: Ucanthandleme + 809102
Name: Hal
Prompt:
Hal stirred and stirred and stirred. Round and round the post of bubbling brown liquid spun. A pop here and slash there, the molten concoction was almost ready. With a large ladle Hal scooped up a sizable spoonful, bringing it to their nose for a quick sniff before depositing in a large bowl to the side. Once all the liquid had been transferred it was left to cool, all the while Hal pattered around once more in the tiny place by the stove. A pink fluffy mass was made, hot syrup spindled into foggy webs, crimson coloured batter poured out onto trays. Spoke lingered out the sooty chimney and the sound of the wind chimes on their porch sung out. Hot dishes, cold dishes, sticky dishes and spongy dishes, he had a variety of all placed on his bench. Dusting off their tattered shirt, Hal sifted through their creations before getting to work.

A burst through the doorway lay a whole new world, a world of sugar and gold. Colorful confectionery and sparkling lights painted the walls, gingerbread held study holding the foundation of the home upright crystalized sugar painted in between each gap. So Hal in a flurry began. Taking newly made gingerbread they patched up some holes using sticky sugar and hardened icing. To hide the lines he patched on warriors coloured jellies and chocolate spiders. Once all the patches had been solved the fun began. A flutter of marshmallow, a dash of nerds, a handful of chocolate stones and a splatter of chocolate honeycomb. A marvelous display of what only could be called interpretive art lay painted on the walls. With a final flick of his wrist, powdered sugar rained down, the house was complete!

There lay a quaint gingerbread in the middle of the forest, a wondrous sight that made the poor kit's stomachs grumble loudly. So with their ghost costumes put back over their head they started prancing down the gingerbread cobblestones to the wide chocolate door. With a quick knock the two kits looked with anticipation at the door. A clattering sound was heard from inside the house, then with a brief creak one paw stretched around the door. White eyes stared at the two children, making them straighten up their backs with great strength before loudly yelling, “Trick or treat!”. The adult kal gave them a quick look, their eyes melting from a stern stare to a gentle crinkle, “Hello little kits, what would you like to eat?”. The two kits looked at each other then spoke with widened eyes, “May we have a bit of your window please, the colorful sugar looks so good.” The kal gave a warm chuckle then a nod before letting the two small kits take a chunk of their window. After taking a bite the two kits with widen grins went on their merry way.

Hal looked at the two kits scuttering off, then giving a sigh looked at their now broken window, it seems they need to make some more rock sugar tonight. But at the thought of their wide smiles the job didn’t seem so tedious. Every year Hal spent building a lovely candy home, one all the children in the village could take a bite of, he himself enjoyed a nibble now and again too, but most of all he loved the great big smiles and thanks he received for his hard work…that and he longe whipping up a storm in the kitchen making halloween treats. His house was a crowd favorite of the village children, adults too! This was the only time of the year he could show his true self without fear of persecution after all he looked a little odd.

Born to a witch and dragon from an early age developed the abilities of a seer. Due to their powers and the fact they were a hybrid they were outcast from both groups. The manifestation of their powers and the visions they saw bought great pain but they found eating sweet treats always managed to take their mind off things. Thus over time they developed the habit of keeping candy on them at all times. This was the start of one happy coincidence that changed their life for the better. While walking through a mountain village they happened to come across a group of children dressed up for this so called ‘halloween’, they praised his costume and asked where his house was so they could go trick or treating there. He stumbled on his words but managed to distract them with the mountains of candy he had on hand. Thus his yearly life began, preparing for the day he wasn’t scorned and got to eat lots of delicious treats. Although his dragon tendencies have gotten worse and he has begun to gain quite the collection of badly crafted gnomes on his front lawn.

(812/1000)

☆Didn't know whether to post on their main page or here of this is the wrong place let me know! It was so hard to pick between the designs they are both so gorgeous!

☆-------☆
Credit: Toyhouse
☆----------------☆
Storages:
My Kalons
For trade kalons
My kels
Profile avatar by m0thmonster
Sig art by stan. + Niluna + Morisakisan
Characters are owned by me.
Image ImageImageImageImageImage
☆-------------☆
Ucanthandleme

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 76heart » Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:52 pm

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
76heart + 395288语汐 Yuxishe/they1000/1000 words
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

xxxShe didn't like Aresdon. She never thought she would miss the suffocating humidity of her home of all things, but the significant lack of it here, at least in comparison, was near unbearable; it was too noticeable. The ever present weight of it was gone and she couldn't escape the awareness of that feeling. The nature was far too green for her liking, and the people were too trusting, too kind. It was annoying seeing all of their smiles, knowing they grew up safe and didn’t have to go through childhood fearing the water – and what was in it – beneath them.

xxxBut a night of costumes and revelry brought door to door? That she could get behind, even if the custom was just as strange as everything else. Eve of Hallows they called it. What were Hallows? She didn’t know and she couldn’t bring herself to care either. She was there to do her job, not ask questions. Never ask questions as long as she got her coin.

xxxShe had even been given a mask; a dragon's skull that covered her head. Not the kind of dragon she was used to, but still a dragon, and she felt less underdressed in the ballroom with it on. Everyone was in costume, except for the Company, and they already stuck out like sore thumbs. The mask was warmly welcomed. It was a little big, but that was better than too tight.

xxxHer job, this time, was to keep some important magical artifact safe. Why the strange cloaked man who had hired the Company came to the between city to meet with their boss to do said hiring, when the artifact was from Aresdon, she didn't know, and she again wasn't going to ask. The first payment was already in her possession. Who was she to wonder why he had hired them? Who was she to question why someone would want to transport and store such an item during a party? Who was she to wonder if this was all some cover? The artifact had been stored safely in the treasury. She was told to stay by the treasury until the shift changed, so by the treasury she stayed, watching the party, absently spinning her knife in her hands, until a young bard suddenly obstructed her pleasant view.

xxx"Is this your first Eve here?"
xxxShe stayed silent.
xxx"Right. Name, then?"
xxx"Yael." Her other name. The name from her mother, the name she used for her work.
xxxThis time he didn't know what to say, but he didn't leave either.

xxxHer eyes slid over to him, to his mask. Beautiful. Intricate. It looked worth more than anything she had ever owned or ever been paid. His clothing was tailored and impossibly rich, something he could only achieve if he belonged to a theater in her home. She knew it was different here, but she still didn’t see how that was possible. There was more to him, though she didn’t need to know what. He was an annoyance, not a threat.

xxx"What are you doing over here little bard?" Reluctantly, she revived the conversation. If he was going to stay, they might as well speak.
xxx"Hiding."
xxxShe quirked a brow.
xxx"From my family. I left rather suddenly at a terrible time a few years. I didn’t know they’d be here, and I don’t want them to see me. I was hoping you could help."
xxx"Not for free."
xxx"I could pay you with a song?"
xxx"No."
xxxHe wisely sensed the threat in her tone and stepped back, and yet he missed not a beat this time. "Have you tried carving? I think you'd enjoy it. You've got the arms for it. And the knife, I see. Is that obsidian? That will do nicely. I think. I haven’t done much carving, if I'm honest. The pumpkins here are too thick, and the gourds even more so. I believe I don't choose them well." She did like carving, but he was chatty. She didn't like chatty.
xxx"I've never heard of pumpkins."
xxx"Right. Sorry. I should have realized. They don't grow in swamps. Let me find one."

xxxFor a few merciful minutes, she was alone, and then he was back, carrying so many things he was going to topple over, and she had to take the load from his hands.
xxx"Pumpkins!" He gestured, too proudly. "Sit. I’ll show you."

xxxAnd he did, but she didn't sit, or dirty her knife. He had only been able to find a dull one, which made it all even worse. For two agonizing – and messy, he clearly spared no thought for whatever poor soul would had to clean up the mess – hours he showed her until the shift changed, and he became the problem of another. She left the door, and fled outside. It was dark now, and the air was cool. It was even less humid now, but the courtyard had been decorated with candles, and a group of children walked up to the doors. She didn’t understand most of the costumes. One was a bear, one was a… sheet? But she could see, even from a distance that they had been stitched with love, like the ones of her culture’s costumed holiday.

xxx"What's you're costume? I can't quite tell." She turned to find a woman now at her side, watching her curiously.
xxx"Oh, I'm not- I was hired to be here."
xxx"Ah I see! Is it to guard something? Forgive me, you look strong, I don't mean to assume. Would you be available next year? We haven't been able to host our own party since some rapscallions broke our chandelier. Can't risk them doing it again."
xxxShe didn't know how to respond to that, and sensing her hesitation, the woman continued. "I can pay, naturally. Double whatever you've been paid this time. It's not a problem."
xxxDouble? Well then.

xxxShe didn't like Aresdon, but she liked the costumes, and who was she to say no to double?
76heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ellyenchanted » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:43 am

● ☾ ●

username: ellyenchanted
    xxxxxxxxx#342495
    name: morgana
zzzzzxxxxx
The forest was darker on this night than it was on any other. The moon’s light
shone warily through the trees, a guiding light in the eerie dimness. No sound
could be heard but the wind gently rustling the leaves. The mice and birds knew
better than to leave their burrows or nests this night.

The silence was not the only thing hanging heavy in the air. There was an
otherness that shifted the breeze and caused the mist to rise higher than normal.
This annual occurrence was no stranger to the warden of the wood. In fact, it was
exactly what she waited for year after year with feverish anticipation.

Samhain was upon them, and Morgana knew that the offerings of the townsfolk
wouldn’t be enough. They never were. And so she was shackled with the
responsibility to make sure that by morning, the veil to the Otherworld was shut
and no unearthly beings had lingered. What she had to do tonight, she had to
do it well, or all would be lost.

The blood red protection runes painted on her body only added to the chill, sending
shivers down her spine. The patter of footsteps made her pause and check over her
shoulder. Nothing. She sighed and continued on her way to the source, the door
where all the things that go bump in the night come through.

Morgana could tell she was getting close when the fur on her back had risen and
the runes scattered on her body began to glow a subtle red. She breathed deeply
and noticed how the silence was gone. She wasn't alone. Something in her was
afraid, of course, but there was also something in her that longed. Longed,
desperately and wholly, to leave the lines blurred.

Most of the time she scoffed at that silly desire. But sometimes, during the darkest
part of the night, she thought she might follow the beasts down, down, down into
the Otherworld and never come back.

332/1000

● ☽ ●
Last edited by ellyenchanted on Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
ellyenchanted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zero.two » Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:29 pm

x

▐▐
▐▐
▐▐
▐▐
▐▐
▐▐
▐▐

username. zero.two #743737
    kalon name. Violet
    kalon gender. female
    prompt. 1000 words

xxxxxxxxxxx─── ・ 。゚☆: * it's as much fun to scare as it is to be scared. * :☆゚. ───

xx Vi had just finished setting the table when the doorbell rang. She made a few finishing touches to the arrangement and glanced at the clock: 9 p.m. Her guests should be arriving any moment now, and she figured that was one of them. With a smile, the young Kalon raced to the door and swung it open, her head cocking at the sight before her. It wasn't one of her friends at the door, but a group of small children in costumes.

Vi uttered a bright "hello" and an airy chuckle as the children screamed, "Tick or Treat!" in unison. The Kalon reached for the pumpkin-shaped bowl to her left and held it out in front of the children. She watched with bright eyes as each child dug their paws into the bowl and removed their favorite pieces of candy from the assortment. Vi gave the group a small wave and closed the door as they bounded down the steps toward the street.

With a brighter mood, Vi returned to her dining room, full of candy, snacks, drinks, and party favors for her Halloween party. She quickly went to the mirror to double-check her costume, ensuring her fangs were still in place and her cloak settled nicely over her shoulders. Content with her appearance, the young Kalon shuffled back to the door, waiting for her guests to arrive. It had been a while since she last threw a party (365 days), and she was anxious to make it perfect.

As she was lost in her thoughts, a sharp knock sounded from the front door. Vi raced to open it, a welcoming smile plastered across her face as she looked at the newcomers. It was a group of five Kalons, all decked out in elaborate Halloween costumes, carrying drinks and candy for her party. "Welcome, come on in!" Vi breathed, ushering the group inside.

She took a moment to look over each of the costumes, giving a silent appreciation for the hard work that went into each of them. Of the five, there was a ghost, a werewolf, a fairy, a doctor, and an astronaut, each outfit perfect from ear-tip to paw. After giving a few genuine compliments to each of her friends, Vi motioned toward the other room, where the party would commence.

With a sly smirk toward her guests, Vi reached for the remote to her TV and held down the volume button, her head nodding in unison with the swelling music. She looks forward to Halloween the day after it concludes, and this year, she will ensure they have a good time.

Just as her guests were starting to get comfortable, another knock at the door stole their attention away. Vi gave the group a thumbs up before shuffling to the door, her candy bowl in hand, just in case.

The young Kalon's eyes widened as she focused on the individuals on the porch, a group much bigger than the last and definitely full of too many to count. With a loud laugh and a welcoming, albeit toothy, smile, Vi welcomed the newcomers into her home.

The Halloween party was in full swing now, with guests of various ages dressed in elaborate costumes and enjoying the spooky atmosphere. The house was decorated with cobwebs, jack-o'-lanterns, and creepy decorations littering the floors and walls. The laughter and screams filled the air as everyone participated in various activities.

In one corner of the room, a group of children bobbed for apples in a large water-filled bucket. They took turns trying to catch the slippery fruit with their teeth while their friends cheered them on. Nearby, a group of adults were dancing to the meticulously picked spooky music, wide grins plastered on their faces.

At the snack table, guests indulged in Halloween-themed foods like spider cupcakes, ghost cookies, and, of course, candy. A few brave souls had even dared to try the mysterious "witches' brew," a bubbling green concoction that no one seemed to know the ingredients of.

As the night wore on, the partygoers became more adventurous, and a group of Kalons decided to explore the haunted house set up in the backyard. They cautiously made their way through the dark, winding corridors, jumping at every creak and groan. When they finally emerged, they were relieved and exhilarated to have survived the spooky adventure.

As the night drew to a close, most of the Kalons gathered around the bonfire to share ghost stories and roast marshmallows. The air was filled with the warm glow of the fire and the scent of burning wood. It was the perfect end to a perfect Halloween party, and everyone would go home with memories that would last a lifetime... or at least until next year.

Vi had been a gracious host all night, ensuring her guests were well-fed, entertained, and had a fantastic time at her Halloween party. As the night wore on, however, she knew it was time to start wrapping things up.

She made her way around the party, thanking each guest for coming and wishing them a safe trip home. Some of her friends had already left, but there were still a few stragglers who needed a gentle nudge towards the door.

Vi didn't mind, though. She loved hosting parties and seeing her friends enjoy themselves. But as the clock ticked closer to midnight, she knew it was time to call it a night.

As the last of her friends left, Vi let out a contented sigh. It had been a great party, but she was ready for some rest. She went around the house, turning off lights and tidying up before finally settling into bed.

As she drifted off to sleep, the young Kalon couldn't help but smile, thinking about the fun night she had shared with her friends on her favorite holiday. She knew that memories like these were the ones that would last a lifetime.

xxxxxxword count: 987
┌───────────┐

Imagex

└───────────┘
┌──────────────────┐

Kam - Adult - Female - Lesbian - Ashe <3
Hey, i'm Kam. I love anime and reptiles,
and spend most of my time on the forums.
Feel free to shoot me a PM, I love to talk!

└──────────────────┘
┌──────────────────┐

links
Trade thread xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Kalons xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx©

└──────────────────┘
zero.two

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes