Artist Tyrant001 [gallery]
Time spent 24 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
20 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Exploring The Den Chapter Two - The Internal Furnance

Postby Tyrant001 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:16 am

The Internal Furnace
When you received an invitation once again this year from the owner and proprietor of Camp Nightwing, your heart both leapt for joy and sank with the slightest tinge of fear. Last year around this time, you had taken to the island off the coast of North Carolina where you bore witness to impossible events; ancient horses that had seemingly been brought back from the dead in spectral forms ringed with fire, you took part in a race for life itself against what can only be described as ghouls.
There was terror and heart pumping adrenaline, but you braved it all, and hell, there were even some good times to be had. You had your tea leaves read and your fortunes told, you participated in trick or treating, you made so many new and wonderful friends, and you brought back the horses you had won and tamed to your stables. You fought for them, you proved your mettle in the round ups, and now it seemed like it was time once more to go back to Camp Nightwing.
You half solemnly and half excitedly packed your bags when the time came, taking care to bring plenty of warm clothes to shield you from the chilling wind off the rolling waves and rain that the island was prone to getting, and you packed up your horse’s bags too with plenty of care, taking time to make an itemized list to make sure you forgot nothing and left nothing to chance.
It was October first when you joined a large crowd of other riders and trainers each holding onto one or two of their own mounts to bring to the island to help out. The crowd was abuzz with excitement and some honest and respectable dread, many friends met up among hugs and kisses and formed groups, beginning to plot out their plans for the round ups and assigning themselves to the groups based on previously established friendships and relationships, as well as skill and ability. The ferry was the only way on or off the far flung adrift island, your horse gives you a soft whinny of caution and balks a bit as you step onto the ferry and tried to lead them along, but with some treats and gentle talks, your chosen mount followed you onto the ferry. As your eyes find the distant lights and jagged cliffs surrounding the island, a cold chill ran down the back of your neck and worked it’s way all across your body, though you shiver and told yourself it was just because of the wind and cold sea water splashing up all around you.
Upon reaching the island’s rocky shore, many lanterns were alight and there was a crowd of people waiting to greet volunteers, new and old alike. Multiple voices cried out the same instructions; take a waterproof map of the island, put your horse away in the guest stables before reporting to the largest building on the island, the inn, for a warm meal, a welcome, and instructions. You take a map from someone wearing an official camp shirt, nodding politely as they tell you which path and signs to follow to get to the guest stables, and you lead your horse along.
Your chosen Trotter looks somewhat on edge and you can see the whites of their eyes a bit as they watchfully scan the crowd and listen to the chatter and noises of the other horses, but soon they were tucked away and munching on some grain and hay for the night, shuffling around and nickering to their new neighbors softly through the bars along the stall dividing walls. You take extra care to make sure the stall was up to your code, and neatly pack away all of your tack, checking your inventory once more.
By the time you were finally settled, your laser focus finally broke and you look up to see you were the last one left in the barn. Feeling worried about getting left behind in unfamiliar territory, you pulled up the hood of your jacket, your breath puffing from your nose and mouth like smoke from a dragon as you hurriedly turn off the lights behind you, and pull the stable doors closed to meet up with the rest of the group before you miss out on a hot meal.
As you struggle to heave the enormous, heavy wooden doors closed to bolt them shut, your back turned to unfamiliar grounds around you, something else causes a tingle to run up and down your spine. You once again brush it off, but as you hear a sound behind you, you quickly stop believing it was nothing but your nerves. As you turn around slowly to take in whatever had made that soft sound, you locked eyes with a new and strange Trotter behind you. It was like the ones from last year, but… different. It is dark outside, so dark, and yet this equine’s body was illuminated well in the blackness of the night. Not just the rings of fire from last year’s Hallowed beasts, but this one had embers and light as if from a deep fire, a forge, a furnace burning within it. You can hear it even, see embers and sparks drifting from the animal’s ribcage, as it paces at first in a half circle around you and then stops in front of you, silent save for the crackling of the furnace and heavy exhales of breath in long, drawn out sighs, the air leaving it’s flared nostrils leaving plumes of fog behind as the ghosts of breath left it and died. It’s close enough that you swear you could feel the warmth radiating from within it and you relaxed your shoulders slightly, feeling drawn in and comforted by the sweet warmth against the cold night.
And then it charged.

Before you go anywhere, you should take time to familiarize yourself with our Rules, New Markings, Locations & Event Booths, and don't forget to say hello to your round-up Group Leaders!

A huge thank you goes out to Pandora! for proof reading and editing all of my writing and for generally being my right hand man behind the scenes through every step of planning and for helping me put tons of effort into this year's ideas, and for Pandapop for adding the Internal Furnace edit
Last edited by Tyrant001 on Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:08 am, edited 4 times in total.

𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚋𝚊𝚕
💚
💜 💛 ❤️
Stream The Dream Eaters, stan Alan Wake
Tyrant001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Postby Tyrant001 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:30 am

ꜱᴛᴀꜰꜰ ʀᴜʟᴇꜱ
➼ Hallowed Trotters can start being made on October 1st, and no more adopts will be posted past Halloween
➼ Numbering is as follows:
Regular Event Adopts start at: HW001
Ghoul Runs start at: HWG001
Tarots start at: HWT001
➼ Hallowed markings do not appear outside of the Hallowed Trotter lines, meaning that these markings cannot be made on the normal, non-event lines. No imports can be made that include these markings
➼ Last year’s markings are more than welcome to appear again
➼ When making adopts please keep marking rarities in mind, IE there should not be any raffles for limited markings, similar to milestones limited markings must have some kind of effort put into the competition, like a good amount of writing, art, etc
➼ About rarities again, there should not be any limited markings released until a lot of other markings have been made and published. The ratio of common to rare and limited must be high on the common side
➼ We do not want to see a lot of raffles or simple comps even for the common markings. This is a limited time and story rich event, so competitions should reflect that. Feel free to use the event’s lore to build your competitions. Feel free to browse through last year’s adopts to get an idea for ideal competitions. I’ve created a very rich environment with lore, locations, legends, and characters, please use them
➼ You do not have to use the internal furnace edit, it can be removed based on what you want for the design. Part of the ribcage can also be erased, the maximum amount of ribs is what’s shown in the edit, and the minimum amount can be as little as one or two. The Internal Furnace will always go above all other markings
➼ Artists must make at least THREE ADOPTS for the community before creating a custom for themselves. If you create 6+ adopts for the community, you can make yourself another custom! Non artist staff is also allowed a custom if they participate in the event and help do things in the backend of things IE helping with the archive, rolling for the trick or treat thread, etc etc. There is no time limit for making your personal customs
* If you make 6 adopts, you can then release one adopt that has a Limited marking on it. Each community member is allowed to only adopt ONE limited marking adopt. Please keep track HERE
➼ Staff is allowed to participate in Event Booths and UFAs like everyone else
➼ The Internal Furnace markings will never pass down through breedings
➼ Tarot Trotter designs or Ghoul Run Trotter designs do not count towards number of designs needed to make your staff customs; only UFAs apply towards this

ꜰʟᴀᴍᴇ ᴄᴏʟᴏʀꜱ
Flames can be any color under the sun but it does have some rules:
➼ 1 color: Common
➼ 2 colors: Uncommon
➼ 3 colors: Rare
➼ 4-5 colors: Ultra rare
➼ Absolute hard cap at a MAXIMUM of five colors
➼ Please keep this in mind when making adopts and your customs
➼ Flames do not have to correlate to marking rarity, IE you can have common markings on a horse but with ultra rare colors
➼ Flames should at least somewhat correlate to the Internal Furnace

ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴜɴɪᴛy ʀᴜʟᴇꜱ
➼ The usual all CS and all Range Trotter rules apply. This includes writing your stories and linking to things to use in comps; even though this is a spooky event all writing, art, songs, etc must be child friendly
➼ Any items gained in various booths will not be available to use in your inventories until after the event is over IE: you cannot use them in breedings or otherwise until after the event is over
➼ Please be patient with our team as we work hard behind the scenes at this event and work to fulfill customs gained from the booths. Please do not pester artists asking about when a custom will be done unless a month or so has passed. Please do not ask the artist individually about a timeline if something is overdue, message me here on CS or at Discord at arsonlovers.com so that I may investigate this for you
➼ There will no guilt tripping, whining, pestering, rule breaking, poor behavior or bad sportsmanship during this event. I will hand out a warning when necessary to check behavior or may even issue a ban overall from the event depending on how bad the issue is. This includes but is not limited to: complaining about a poor outcome from an event booth, losing an adopt competition, not following the rules of an event booth, pressuring an artist about when a custom will be done, etc etc. I expect everyone to be on model citizen behavior and remember that this is a free event that we’re doing for FUN for all of us!
➼ You are allowed to adopt only one limited marking Trotter! This number does not include limited Trotters from any event booths, just adopts
Banned Users:
ChevyTheQH
Last edited by Tyrant001 on Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:15 am, edited 14 times in total.

𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚋𝚊𝚕
💚
💜 💛 ❤️
Tyrant001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

New Markings

Postby Tyrant001 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:31 am

The Ghost: TgTg/Tgtg
Common
Opposite effect of The Devil’s Eyes, turns face black, mane and tail and eyes stark white
If The Devil’s Eyes appears on a Trotter alongside The Ghost either by breeding or in adopts and both markings are shown, it will produce a special effect. The mane and tail will be white and black or vice versa with stripes running through the mane and tail. There can be variation of eye colors, either being white with a black pupil or black iris with a white pupil. The markings also appear on the face as a blend of the markings, giving a white or black mask with white or black markings, with a lot of variation seen between how the markings appear
Example
Concept by Tyrant001
Step 8: White Markings

The Cenobite: LcLc/Lclc
Rare
Similar to Snake Tattoo, adds chain markings in black, white, or grey to front legs. The marking can have hooks as pictured, mostly in a similar design to fishing hooks or meat hooks. The chains and hook can be filled/colored in, or left with just the lines as seen on my mark up. The hook is not required and can simply just be chains. Steel grey is the most common outcome
Example
Step 8: White Markings
Concept by Tyrant001

Pumpkin Patch Tarantula: PtPt/Ptpt
Rare
A dilution of #ff6100 at 40% or below which has black markings that mimic the pumpkin patch tarantula at the same opacity. This dilution also has black leg barring
Example
Step 2: Dilutions
Concept by Folmes

Dracula: BleBle/Bleble
Common
Adds a dark mask on top of the head and extends down to the base of the neck, as well as a white spot on the chest to mimic the chest fur on a bat
Example
Step 6: Sooty
Concept by Pandora!

Bat Wing Overo: BwoBwo/Bwobwo
Uncommon
Adds a white marking in the form of a bat or ‘demon’ wing on the horse’s barrel. It can be simple or stylized, and is restricted to the main body of the horse
Bat Wing Overo is an independent gene and expresses similar to Wdo (no Oo needed to express; does not interact with other overo genes)
Example
Step 8: White markings
Concept by Pandora!

Sanguine: SgSg/Sgsg
Common
A dilution that is an orange color, #eb650b at max 40% opacity
Example
Concept by Pandora!

Cobweb: WebWeb/Webweb
Limited
Adds white or silvery white markings in the shape of cobwebs that affects the PATN1 markings of appaloosa. It can cover small areas of the horse or cover the whole horse, but it is more rare to see full coverage.
Example
Step 9: Over white markings
Concept by Bruja

Death’s Head Moth: DhDh/Dhdh
Uncommon
Adds a marking on the top line of the horse that extends down the barrel that mimics the skull and wing patterns of the death’s head moth. It can be a range of colors similar to Surgeon’s Coat, ranging from a few shades darker than the base coat to black. Black bases may express a marking a few shades lighter than the base. The marking can be simple/stylized or complex based on artist choice.
Example
Concept by Pandora!

Silver Bullet: ArgArg/Argarg
Uncommon
A marking similar to Chaeton which creates stripes of varying sizes on the horse’s body. The marking is always silvery white, and can appear metallic. The marking will never cover the whole horse, and can affect mane and tail but it doesn’t have to. It can go above or below white markings, and can cover the whole face
Example
Concept by Bruja, mark up by Pandapop

Bat Wing Dun: D_ + BwdBwd/D_ + Bwdbwd
Uncommon
A dun modifier similar to Herrera Banding, requires Dun to express. Creates a batwing marking from the slope of the shoulder across the back/barrel of the horse in the color of the dun accents. Dominant to Herrera Banding, will express instead of Herrera if D_ Hb_ Bwd_)
Example
Concept by Taxidea
Last edited by Tyrant001 on Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:17 am, edited 10 times in total.

𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚋𝚊𝚕
💚
💜 💛 ❤️
Tyrant001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Locations & Event Booths

Postby Tyrant001 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:29 pm

ᴍᴀᴩ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅꜱ

ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ

The Ferry
The ferry that brought you here is the only way on or off the island, period. You are miles and miles away from the shoreline and safety of the mainland. The ferry runs from 8AM to 10PM every day, about every hour on the hour. The ride to and from the mainland takes about an hour, but tumultuous and hazardous conditions can cancel ferry rides at any time with no warning.
The Inn
The inn is the largest and oldest standing building on the island. It houses our year round staff as well as our kitchen, dining area, mail room, and our library, which in addition to having many other books and games also has the history records of our island and our camp, the records of each and every horse that has ever worked on this island is also found there in series of filing cabinets. The library would be a good place to seek out lost tidbits of information you might need on your journey. The inn has been standing since the early 1800s, and is allegedly haunted. You will be trick or treating here on the steps of this historic site later in the month.
The Tarot Tent
Our good friend Bruja has traveled once again back to Camp Nightwing to read your fortunes! Everyone should stop by her tent to have your fortunes told, and to see if a horse calls back out to you from the spiritual plane.
Cross Country Trail
The cross country trail runs in a path that covers about three quarters of the island with a small portion of it being through a very heavily wooded area, but not quite wandering into Dark Woods Den. The Den which is seemingly the hotbed for this paranormal activity lies a little beyond this trail and is fenced off with signs posted there to avoid this area, and even has an electric fence wrapping all the way around it. Creatures with gangly limbs, fangs, and claws have begun to terrorize this once peaceful trail! Head over there and see if you can outrun them!
Trick Or Treat
Trick or treating is open again this year! Don't forget to stop at the steps of The Inn when you're coming in from adventuring to get a treat!
Dark Woods Den
The Den covers the rest of the island’s northern territory. It was given this name based on how truly dark it is there, it’s not just a name. Trees are packed so closely together that their tops and leaves are seemingly woven together to block out any sunlight coming in from overhead. The woods here are extremely hard to navigate, especially on horseback, but are seemingly generously populated with wild horses waiting to be wrangled. You are explicitly forbidden from setting foot beyond the fences without the company of a Nightwing staffer.
The Collapsed Mine
When the original settlers of the island were in the process of trying to clear the Den many years ago, they struck coal and the people in charge saw dollar signs. A coal mine was swiftly constructed and was in business, but despite the effort and a near limitless amount of money being put into the mine to build shafts, drill and dig, the Earth surrendered very little of her bounty to her would-be settlers.
The mine was cursed from the moment the first miner sank into her darkness, maybe even the second the first builder broke ground. She swallowed many men, horses, and mules that tried to remove her coal. Mine shaft collapses and deaths became more common than any coal actually being removed, although there was plenty of it in the mine so very little of it ever made its way to the surface. The coal mine was shut down less than a year after its official opening and was eventually abandoned.
Over the years, the mine has slowly been collapsing its main entrance, sagging towards the earth and erasing any discernible presence of itself off the face of the earth. However, there are certain small entrances one can squeeze through, if you’re brave. There are abandoned tools and clothing that have somehow withstood the test of time scattered along the walls and on the floor, old helmets and ancient lanterns and pickaxes, coveralls, lunch pails, wagons and tracks are somehow still sometimes found as well as horseshoes, wagons, and leathers belonging to tack and cart pulling, strong horses.

Other locations include the office and first aid station, plenty of paddock boxes, a sand based rectangular training area mostly used for western and dressage training, tack and storage areas, mare paddock, stallion paddock, mare and foal paddock, a large joined paddock, a singular paddock for breaking horses and for training them to ride, and a smaller lake for entertainment purposes and swimming lessons.
Last edited by Tyrant001 on Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:08 am, edited 6 times in total.

𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚋𝚊𝚕
💚
💜 💛 ❤️
Tyrant001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Group Leaders

Postby Tyrant001 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:29 pm

ɢʀᴏᴜᴩ ʟᴇᴀᴅᴇʀꜱ

Chris
The camp owner who you’ve already gotten to be familiar with from last year. Chris is an experienced western rider and is great at roping and has a lot of brute strength, force, and resilience to offer, but often grows snappy and aggressive when things aren’t going exactly the way he wants them, and because of this his group isn’t the best suited for newer riders and wranglers. He is generally characterized by the strong and silent archetype, he is aloof and doesn’t speak very much. He rides a large Trotter named Tommy, with bull horns that is slow but resilient, and has the same brute force and strength that the rider has, the pair of them embodying resilient stoicism in the face of adversity. Tommy is still a colt in training, so he can also be childish in nature and loves to play nip and lip at horses and people, and can get easily distracted by things that he wants to play with. Chris has intimate knowledge of the entire camp and you’d never get lost with him, and are in good hands, even if they are a little rough. Chris does have a soft side but it can take some work and getting to know him in order to get him to show it and relax his fierce, stoic outward demeanor.
Jill
If you did trick or treating last year you might remember Jill! Jill is an energetic and overall friendly and peppy individual, she is small and slight and rides a high stepping and quick pitch black Tennessee Walker named Desperado that is very fast even on the most overgrown and dangerous of trails. She is polite and sweet, and very kind and patient as long as you’re kind back to her. If you’re mean to her or someone around her she is then very quick to lose her temper and grows very rude at that point. Her group would be suited to somewhat moderate riders with horses who can keep up with her horse and who can work together as a team, Jill values teamwork highly and is closely bonded to Chris. Desperado is a huge and aggressive stallion who really only listens to Jill, and only lets Jill ride him. Desperado doesn’t get along with other horses either, and will bite or kick them if they get too close.
Alexander
Or Alex, is very friendly, laidback, outgoing, and calm and courteous even in very dangerous situations. He rides a stocky pony named Sassy who has a mind of her own and is scare easy, though is very muscular, hardy, and sure of foot, but not so fast. Sassy is the lead mare of her herd and expects everyone to follow behind her and be respectful of her space, otherwise she will also lash out to put the others in their place. Alex is used to working with children and flourishes there, he’s very sharp, and with a quick and witty sense of humor that usually surprises people with how fast and funny he can retaliate against jabs and pokes. He’s good at shutting down conflict and mediating between people, and has a personality that pairs well with everyone. His group can be for new riders or advanced with anyone in between. He’s always happy to slow down and teach and nurture, but Alex hasn’t been outside of the riding ring much extensively. He might get turned around because of this! Alex is also a Spaniard by birth who only moved to the US pretty recently, and speaks fluent English and Spanish.
Wes
Wes is one of the oldest workers of the camp, he is almost 60 and he has plenty of experience riding but not so much experience leading round ups or working with guests. Wes is usually a background player of the camp and isn’t used to leading groups or socializing that much. Chris is very grumpy but Wes is even more grumpy and is an aggressive leader, does not tolerate back talking or anyone challenging his decisions or leadership, he is a tyrant and clings to anyone authority he’s given with two iron fists. He’s very annoyed to be leading a group and would prefer not to be doing this. He rides an intimating, war horse looking Trotter named Wesker, and his group is not for those that have soft skins or will get hurt feelings over his brash and arrogant attitude. Wes is extremely intelligent and has more years of experience than even Chris does, and one would never run afoul of too much trouble in his care. He’s always planning twenty steps ahead of everyone else and everything he does is very calculated and controlled, he brings excessive supplies and tools to make sure that he’s not caught unprepared by anything.
Roman Hallstrom (they/he)
Roman is a younger horse trainer in his 30s, and just recently found employment at Camp Nightwing this past summer. He is svelte in build, tall with angular features, pale skin, and dark hair cut in a shaggy bob. Roman is a bit difficult to get to know at first, while outwardly they come off as rather boisterous and charismatic, there’s a sense of disingenuousness to it. Really, at heart, Roman is a sensitive character who is slow to trust, and uses his class clown personality to shield his inner feelings. Once he warms up to you he is a loyal and courageous companion. Roman’s favorite mount is Titan, a blue roan Trotter stallion with splashes of white and a silvery mane and tail, who is rather bold and forward but prefers to avoid getting dirty at all costs. Titan is highly trained and responsive, but not particularly hardy when it comes to endurance or poor conditions.
(Pandora!)
Leonora Akinyemi (she/her)
Leonora is a mountain of a woman from years of working outdoors with horses. She is staggeringly tall, with biceps that would make a redwood tree quake in its roots. Her dark, coffee-brown skin is decorated almost head to toe in tattoos, and her hair is cut short and clean. Leonora’s warm personality practically radiates out from her dark golden eyes and her jovial laugh can be heard echoing across the island. She is a big picture thinker, and sometimes lets important details slip through the cracks because she’s often too busy having a good time. Leonora’s favorite Trotter is a large, sturdy sooty buckskin mare called Nuri whose golden retriever personality pairs perfectly with her owner. Although the horse and rider pair are quite accomplished equestrians, Leonora is rather fond of working with beginners and watching them learn and grow.
(Pandora!)

𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚋𝚊𝚕
💚
💜 💛 ❤️
Tyrant001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Exploring The Den Chapter Two - The Internal Furnance

Postby Tyrant001 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:34 am

Res just in case
Posting is now open!

𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚋𝚊𝚕
💚
💜 💛 ❤️
Tyrant001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:37 am

I am so excited for this! 8D
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me