Time spent 12 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Postby black water » Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:07 pm

username + number: baz 807452
    kalon name: project ten
    prompt:
      "we'll see you when you get better, ▬▬▬▬ !"

the cool splash of water jolted the newcomer awake, though there was no damp feeling to explain it. a chill settled at the base of their spine, and they couldn't tell if it was from the illusion of water or a sense of dread. they pried their eyes open only to be faced with a blank expanse of white. deep down, they knew that they should feel afraid of this, but there was something so familiar that it seemed clinical. before they could open their mouth to call out, they was silenced by another.

"ah, you're finally with us. don't fear, young one, we'll take care of you."

looking around, they still couldn't find a face to put the voice to. the space they found themselves in was devoid of any living thing besides themselves, if they could still be considered that. daring to speak, they whispered out to the other presence.

"who are you?"

an odd silence filled the area. even the sound of their own breathing seemed to vanish.

"don't worry about such silly things. you're our newest addition, and we're here to congratulate you!"

as if on command, a strangely familiar crowd of people appeared behind the latest recruit. a congratulations banner attached to nothing, streamers dangling from thin air, even confetti falling around to top it off. the guests gave the new face their wide smiles and light applause as they surrounded them.

"don't be alarmed, project ten. they're all here for you! isn't it exciting?"

the newcomer—project ten— stared at the gathering of people from where they were hunched on the floor. on shaky legs, they stumbled towards the ones celebrating their arrival. they clawed out towards the figures, only for them to dissipate right out of their grasp. ten's gut twisted as those smiling faces left them alone once again.

"where am i?" ten asked. despite the anxiety lingering in the back of their mind, there was an overwhelming sense of comfort to dull it out. almost too much, but they were far too confused to acknowledge that.

the voice rang out once again in their head, "anywhere you'd like to be. anything you desire, we can provide. you're with us now, project ten. there's no need to be afraid."

the disembodied voice managed to ease some part of ten's worries, even if it felt much too medical to be real. like the voice had said, the blank void shifted into the perfect pictures of a seawater shore, a lakeview home, and a barren desert. it felt too real to be fake, yet something still begged ten not to give in to the desires.

the scenery reverted back to the empty expanse, leaving ten once more. the hollowness in their chest was starting to feel like it had been there all along.

"see? there's nothing to fear here. we'll fix you to be what you're destined for, and you'll have everything you could ever want at your fingertips," that ethereal voice promised.

still with no indication to trust it, ten nodded along numbly. had they really been meant for this all along? this person seemed so sure, and ten wasn't. it was only natural for them to accept their word as truth.

ten stared back at the emptiness around them before blinking, and the world shifted once again for them. now, they were presented with a quaint house on the outskirts of a village that brought them a feeling that no longer felt as clinical as before. they took a hesitant step towards the home before the voice spoke up once again.

"rest now while you can, project ten. you have a tasking path ahead of you."

[622/1000]
    extra:
x
x
x
x

baz, he/him || kals
ESFP
// sirbazicus ☄️🦋🌊
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
so stay with me
hold my hand