get, make or add OCs to the arpg! (OPEN!!!) by StormSerpent

Based on Click to view
Artist StormSerpent [gallery]
Time spent 7 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

get, make or add OCs to the arpg! (OPEN!!!)

Postby StormSerpent » Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:16 pm

GET OCS! MAKE OCS! ADD PREXISTING OCS!
main page, archive

If you don't have a starter yet, get one here for free!

if you want an oc that you can use to get rewards in the arpg, this is the right place to be.
also as a note, the characters on the cover are mine, don't worry I wont add them to the arpg without following the proper steps same as everyone else. I just like drawing them.

there are four main methods of getting arpg characters!
    random/semi random: you pick 0-2 traits you want for the oc
    myo: you draw your oc on the oekaki(temp closed)
    premade ocs:send a ref or description of your oc and i'll make a simplified drawing of it (you lose no rights to the oc by adding them to the game)
    games: participate in games to get ocs

the first three options are what you can do on this thread
Last edited by StormSerpent on Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
StormSerpent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

NEW OC GACHA

Postby StormSerpent » Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:46 pm

gacha
(or semi-custom if you prefer)

do you like gambling? Step right up spend 50 currency for a random oc!
I made a generator for this you can see it here (I might add more stuff later)

one reroll chance
if you say yes to a reroll, I will show you what you got before I draw it, you can ask me to reroll any of the options, or replace them with custom ones.

do you know what you want? It's the same price to pick your own options!
you can pick any color and species and acccessory, it doesn't have to be listed above

you can mix and match too, ex: custom accessory and species, random color

post this form on this page
Code: Select all
GACHA!!!
I want to spend 50 currency for an OC!
color: (pick a color, or say "gacha")
species: (name a species or put "gacha")
acessory: (pick one or put "gaca" n/a is also an option)
reroll: (n/a if no gacha)
StormSerpent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

MYO

Postby StormSerpent » Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:53 pm

MYO

you don't want me to draw your OC?
You feel like drawing/designing your character yourself? Then you can draw your own "official" arpg reference of them!
agreement: if you apply for accessories/photoshops on this oc, I will need to be able to edit your drawing, and you must be okay with me drawing silly things on top of it.

closed for now, this will open when I can't keep up with making people's OCs... or sooner, idk
if it's important to you/you really want to make a myo let me know and i'll set it up, i'm just lazy and don't need it right now lol
it wont be that hard though, so just message me or post here or something if you want me to open it.
StormSerpent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

PREEXISTING OCS!

Postby StormSerpent » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:43 pm

PREEXISTING OCS!

Do you want to use an OC that you already have, to get rewards in the arpg?
this game is all about motivation for developing OCs, and having fun! Of course you can play it with any of your OCs!

nothing will happen to your oc! they are not bound to this game in any way, shape or form, I cannot take your oc, this game has no control over your oc.

you can do fan-ocs but no canon characters(they can interact with canon characters in prompt submissions)
Um don't expect me to color pick from your ref, or add many details or anything. If something important gets messed up I can fix it.

THE PROMPT
you can do either writing or drawing!
writing: 500 words of summary/bio/personality/backstory (you can do one or multiple of these things)
art: a reference image of your character, it should have at least one fullbody with color and intended to be used as a reference image.

Keep in mind that this prompt should be written/drawn for the prompt, I'm sorry if you already have a nice ref and full bio, if you don't want to make a new one then you can write any 500 word scene!
this is because if a bunch of people put years of writing, i'll have to draw A LOT of OCs, also the idea of the game is for motivation to work on new things for your characters!

Post this form on this thread for me to draw and add your OC!
Code: Select all
ADD MY OC!
a reference/good description of your OC:
your prompt:
any required accessories:

What's "a good description"
I can add your OC even if you don't have a ref! Just tell me what it looks like!
basically "a good description" is just what you have in mind, if you say "a brown cat with stripes" this is perfectly acceptable but I may take creative liberty and give it curly fur, orange eyes, and brown stripes instead of black if you don't specify!

you can give really detailed descriptions if you want! but don't expect me to add ALL the details like "a jade pendant with blue swirls, set in a golden base with small alligators carved into the side, the gemstone is set in between the alligators teeth." would be a green a circle on a string around their neck.
StormSerpent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: get, make or add OCs to the arpg!

Postby StormSerpent » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:46 pm

OPEN FOR POSTING!!! you can get OCs here now!
awkward, autistic, adhd, anxiety, aroace, agender, artist, alliteration

any pronouns
my toyhouse is stormserpent, you can credit me here or there
StormSerpent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: get, make or add OCs to the arpg! (OPEN!!!)

Postby grimoireofdreams » Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:27 pm

ADD MY OC!
a reference/good description of your OC: description (528 words, if I'm not wrong)
your prompt:

The character's name is Tod. He is a moth person, having the wings of a death's-head hawkmoth, the ones of acherontia lachesis, the greater death's-head hawkmoth, aka greater bee robber, to be precise. He is not young, but not old. His age is overall unknown and vague, to be honest. Let's just say Tod is middle-aged, and it'll be fine, I guess.
Tod is of middling-to-short height, maybe around 5'6". His body is all lanky and bony, making him look like a skeleton for some reason. While he doesn't have a lot of muscle definition, he's clearly stronger than he looks. Tod also has four arms instead of two, being somewhat insectoid in nature, obviously. His deathly pale skin is covered in a soft fuzz that matches the color of his wings (dark greyish brown?), another moth-like trait of his, in some places, mainly the arms, legs, and back. Yes, Tod is very floofy, and he is proud of it. About the wings: they fold neatly when not in use, but when they are spread, they're large enough to cover his body like a blanket of some kind. As for their coloration, I'll leave an image of an acherontia lachesis, because I'm too lazy to describe them in all the detail. Tod's head is pretty much humanoid, but with a distinctly insectile look: two large antennae jut out from where eyebrows would be, and the front of his head has two big black compound eyes.
Tod's long hair is soft and fine, and falls in loose waves and curls past his shoulders. It's the same color as the fuzz on his body, matching his wings, but slightly darker, almost black. When he moves, it bounces with each step, like a cloud of silk.
Tod loves anything flowy and airy, he wants his clothes to feel like an extension of his body. A favorite outfit of his consists of a pair of tanned deerhide breeches, made in a soft chamois, with soft deerskin boots laced up the front. On top, a grey garment of linen and silk is cut into a loose, flowing tunic, so it doesn't stick to his fuzz. Around his neck, he wears an owl feather tied with leather string, which flutters as he walks or flies.

Tod is a rather quiet soul, but very observant. He's intelligent and studious, and enjoys learning new things. While not a complete hermit, Tod is comfortable living alone, and can be a little withdrawn and isolated due to his tendency to spend more time with books and experiments than with people. He's still friendly enough when he's around others, though, and has a dry, sarcastic wit that he'll use when he feels comfortable enough to let his guard down.
Tod is a True Neutral dude, as he doesn't concern himself with concepts like "good" and "bad", "right" and "wrong". He follows only his own set of personal codes, without caring whether they're considered socially acceptable or not. Tod isn't a bad person, by any means, but he won't feel guilty about doing something to benefit himself, even if it hurts someone else in the process. He also isn't averse to breaking rules if they don't make sense to him.

any required accessories: THE wings, which are like that on the inside↓
grim - any pronouns - aroace - estj 358 sp/so scoei vlfe sle chol-phleg - local stellaris and rune factory enjoyer

grimoireofdreams

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StormSerpent » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:49 pm

grimoireofdreams wrote:ADD MY OC!
a reference/good description of your OC: description (528 words, if I'm not wrong)
your prompt:

The character's name is Tod. He is a moth person

any required accessories: THE wings, which are like that on the inside↓

here you go! Forum/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=4891391

any pronouns
StormSerpent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grimoireofdreams » Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:56 pm

Requesting another, because I'm HAVING A GOOD TIME, HAVING A GOOD TIME.

ADD MY OC!
a reference/good description of your OC: description, 529 words, yay
your prompt:

Mortimer is a blue sea slug (glaucus atlanticus, pictured below as a reference) man of great age, somewhere around 300 years old, a wise and ancient fellow of immense wisdom. His skin is smooth and velvety, both of an almost stark white and a deep sapphire blue color that almost glows. It ripples slightly as he breathes, and his eyes are clear and bright, like the sparkling surface of the deep sea. Mortimer's long, feather-like appendages called cerata, which he uses as arms, flutter gently in the water, usually when he seems to be deep in thought, contemplating some great mystery. His mouth is a simple spiral that he can twist open to reveal sharp fangs and a rasping tongue, used for hunting.
Mortimer doesn't actually have hair, but he does have a soft, fine layer of fuzzy white cilia along the length of his body. The cilia are long and thin, like fine hairs, and they ripple gently in the water, helping him move about and communicate with other sea creatures. When Mortimer is angry, these cilia can stand up and puff out, forming a kind of mane around his neck and shoulders, making him look quite intimidating.
Mortimer is not really a fan of clothes, and prefers to swim around in the nude. When he does feel the need to wear something, it's usually something made of kelp or seashell jewelry, or a pair of sea-glass goggles to protect his eyes when he needs to pop his head up above the surface of the water. He likes to keep it simple and practical, but still looks dignified enough to be taken seriously by the other sea creatures.

Mortimer is a fantastic judge, as he has lived for many centuries and knows the ways of the world. Many seek out his wise counsel, and he is often called upon by the leaders of various underwater civilizations to settle their disputes. He is also a skilled negotiator, able to convince even the most recalcitrant parties to come to a mutually beneficial conclusion. However, Mortimer does not enjoy being the center of attention and can be shy when it comes to social gatherings. He much prefers the quiet solitude of the open sea, where he can meditate and contemplate the mysterious workings of the universe.
Mortimer is a very calm and measured individual, always taking the time to consider things carefully before he speaks. He is very logical and rational, and tries his best to remain objective when making decisions. Despite his wisdom and knowledge, he is never condescending or arrogant, and always treats others with respect. He is kind and compassionate, and will go out of his way to help those in need. However, he also has a tendency to be a bit of a loner, and can sometimes be overly-cautious and risk-averse, which can lead him to hesitate or miss opportunities. This can sometimes cause Mortimer to be too slow to act, or to make the wrong choice when faced with a difficult decision. He works hard to overcome this flaw, and has made some progress, but it is still something he battles with on a daily basis.

any required accessories: goggles, maybe?

Glaucus atlanticus↓
grim - any pronouns - aroace - estj 358 sp/so scoei vlfe sle chol-phleg - local stellaris and rune factory enjoyer

grimoireofdreams

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StormSerpent » Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:13 am

grimoireofdreams wrote:Requesting another, because I'm HAVING A GOOD TIME, HAVING A GOOD TIME.

ADD MY OC!
a reference/good description of your OC: description, 529 words, yay
your prompt:

Mortimer is a blue sea slug (glaucus atlanticus, pictured below as a reference) man of great age

any required accessories: goggles, maybe?

Glaucus atlanticus↓

!! Forum/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=4893134

any pronouns
StormSerpent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups