Merle Mania: Adopt # 7 ~ Open ~ by BlueEyedKite

Based on Click to view
Artist BlueEyedKite [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 26 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Merle Mania: Adopt # 7 ~ Open ~

Postby BlueEyedKite » Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:37 am

IndentionWelcome to Merle Mania the closed species community for the australian shepherd. I am feeling much better, although my art tablet is not doing well lol. It was quite a struggle to get my tablet to cooperate long enough to make this adopt so sorry if adopts slow down while I try and get a replacement tablet!

Username:
    Storage link:
    Show Name:
    Call Name:
    Coat color: Blue merle with copper points
    Genotype: atat / Bb / Dd / Ee / Mm / NN / sisi
    Rarities: Heterochromia Eyes (R) Natural Tail (C) Blue Merle Copper Points (UC)

Design Notes: Heavy merle pattern on body, almost tricolor back legs, nose not speckled

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Prompt Competition: It is so so hot where I live, I am wilting. How does this aussie stay cool in the summer? 50 word minimum but no maximum.

Form:

Code: Select all
Username:

Storage Link:

Show name(optional):

Name:

Prompt:

This contest will close for judging in 4 days, July 10th
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Merle Mania: Adopt # 7 ~ Open ~

Postby Greyfire » Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:04 am

Username:
Greyfire

Storage Link:
Doggie Den

Show name(optional):
N/A

Name:
Charlie

Prompt:
Normally, Charlie, like most dogs, enjoys running around in the summer sun with his family and friends! Summer is one of Charlie's favourite times of the year. Why one might ask? Well, his kids are home every day! Summer days mean days filled with playing fetch and catching lightning bugs at night with his favourite little humans on Earth! On days he isn't up to running, loves feeling the warmth of the sun through his beautiful fur as he's napping in his favourite spot in the yard, listening to the birdsong of the robins in the trees.

Usually, during the summer, you can always find Charlie outside getting himself into anything possible with the kids. Except on days like today, when the summer sun is beating down on the land...scorching everything it touches running around through the soft green grassy pastures alongside the property line is the absolute last thing on his mind. On days like today, when you walk outside and you feel like you are going to melt into the pavement, Charlie would rather stay inside where it's nice and cool. That is, however, until his family starts moving around with their "water clothes" on and carrying around "water blankets". Then, and only then, on fiery summer days does Charlie perk up from his nap and cautiously watch his family for their next move. Charlie knows these special items mean a day at the family pool or better yet the beach!

Carefully, Charlie eyes his human, "Dad", the kids often refer to him as. Charlie has learned if "Dad" grabs his car keys the family is in for a beach day and it has been forever since Charlie has been to the beach. He gets up, feeling "Dad" needs some encouragement to grab his keys, and sits in front of the counter where he knows the keys are always placed when "Dad" arrives home from work and starts barking and staring at the counter.

Dad walks over and chuckles, "Does someone want a beach day?" he asks as Charlie wags his tail and barks an excited response while running between "Dad" and the garage door, "I guess Charlie says we are headed to the beach today," he says smiling as he runs through his mental checklist to make sure everything is packed for a day of fun in the sun at the beach.

After what feels like hours to Charlie, they arrive, no sooner than the children open the door, Charlie hops out of the car and darts straight for the water. Leaving his humans absolutely no chance to catch up any time soon. While "Dad" and "Mom" lay out the extra large sized blanket, Charlie is busy rolling around in the ice cold water to cool off, waiting for the kids to join him. He begins to plays with the waves as they come in before, impatiently, barking for his family to join him in the water. One of the kids throws Charlie's favourite water ball into the water for Charlie to swim after only to repeat the process numerous times over before the end of the beach day comes once the sun starts setting and the night brings a, much welcome, chill to the air. On the way home, Charlie curls up in between the kids on his very own water blanket and takes a nap, dreaming about his next beach adventures!
Greyfire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me