anniversary kal 2023 | indochinese green magpie by magpie!

Based on Click to view
Artist magpie! [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
47 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

anniversary kal 2023 | indochinese green magpie

Postby magpie! » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:09 am

since I already made an eurasian magpie kal back in 2021, I decided to go with another cool magpie for this year -- the indochinese green magpie

edits;
    [s] hair
    [c] tail, fur
    [uc] ears, fur
    [r] body shine

to win this fancy magpie kal, write/draw an entry from their adventure journal!
    you can have up to 800 words and one art piece!

prettying up is encouraged, no extras!

Code: Select all
    [list][b]username & number;[/b]
    [b]name;[/b]
    [b]gender;[/b]
    [b]journal entry;[/b] [/list]

ends on June 20th at 8pm EST
magpie!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: anniversary kal 2023 | indochinese green magpie

Postby trans » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:27 am

res
they/them, adult, pms are ok!
just here for pets, oekaki, and
closed species, occasionally. ♡
xxx'''my kalon storage
trans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cyrano » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:52 am

username & number; cyrano + 887402
    name; Lucian Hooks
    gender; male

Date: 06/10|20xx
Dear Journal,

I find myself in the most peculiar situation today, venturing into an ancient Aztec temple of all places. Why, you may ask? Well, it's quite simple really. I am a man of wealth and comfort, and some people seem to think that makes me soft, incapable of enduring the hardships of the world. So, here I am, embarking on this ridiculous adventure to prove them wrong.

The journey to this temple has been nothing short of a nightmare for me. The tunnels were dark, damp, and filled with creepy crawlies that made my skin crawl. Every step I took was a perilous dance, as I tried to avoid getting my expensive shoes dirty. Heaven forbid a speck of mud ruin their pristine shine!

As if that wasn't enough, I discovered that I am allergic to nearly every plant in existence. I sneezed my way through fields of flowers, gasping for breath as the pollen assaulted my delicate senses. I can only imagine what a sight I must have been, a wealthy man surrounded by tissues and anti-allergy medication, desperately trying to survive the wilderness.

Oh, and the traps! This temple seemed to have an affinity for traps. Dart shooters, falling stones, you name it. Each one had my heart racing, and I swear I let out a shriek with every close call. It's quite embarrassing, really, but I must push forward to prove my point.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity of torment, I reached the heart of the temple. My objective was to retrieve an ancient artifact of great value, although I must admit, I had little interest in its historical significance. All I wanted was to hold it triumphantly in my hands and shout, "See! I can survive an adventure!"

With trembling hands, I delicately grasped the artifact. It was a beautifully crafted idol, rich with Aztec symbolism. I couldn't help but feel a pang of fear that the entire temple would collapse around me for daring to disturb its sacred treasure. But my desire to prove my mettle overpowered my fear, and I triumphantly tucked it away, careful not to damage my newly manicured nails.

As I made my way back through the treacherous tunnels, I couldn't help but reflect on the absurdity of it all. I, a man of luxury and comfort, stumbling through the wilderness, sneezing and shrieking at every turn. Was this really necessary to prove my worth? Perhaps not, but it has certainly provided me with a story to tell at the next lavish dinner party.

Now, dear journal, I must bid you farewell for the moment. I must find a way out of this dreadful wilderness and return to the comforts of my mansion. The adventure has served its purpose, and I shall forever hold the memory of this ridiculous journey as a testament to my resilience, or lack thereof.

Yours reluctantly,
Lucian

Last edited by Cyrano on Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:42 am, edited 6 times in total.
used to be: smith(ers) & s-simplicity| toyhou.se | my kalons
Cyrano

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolfumus » Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:19 am

username & number; Wolfumus + 934674
    name; Felipe
    gender; Male
    journal entry;
Wip :D
She/Her or He/Him | Androgynous Female | Bisexual | Adult | OCD & PTSD
Things will get better, I promise. You're doing great!
Wolfumus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fuyunofabuki » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:16 pm

username & number; Fuyunofabuki 948125
    name; Qui
    gender; female
    journal entry;
Day 20. June 9th 2023

It feels like I’ve been walking for hours despite the sun just starting to shine through the fog. How does one expect to find anything out here? The forest is still, void of sound. The fog eventually cleared and I found myself face to face with an ancient ruin. I quickly described it in heavy detail in my journal since I’m not much of an artist.

-Moss covering the building almost hiding it from sight
-staircases that lead up into the ruins some chunks missing
-the buzz of dragonflies speeding around

Looks like I’m not much of a describer either. But, I feel a pull to enter. I know I’m not supposed to but the pull is too str… (end of log)
𝐘𝐎𝐔─────────
Fuyunofabuki, bday: Feb 12th, see
my cs insta for my upcoming events
- share your chicken smoothie goals
zodiac dog auction ───────Image
fuyunofabuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ucanthandleme » Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:01 pm

username & number; Ucanthandleme + 809102
    name; Galen
    gender; Male
    journal entry; (793/800)

Galen pushed up his glasses, quickly and precisely located a sleeping spot before bundling up in the cover of his sleeping bag. His haggard appearance contrast to his sparkling eyes. Pulling a flashlight from his bag as well as his worn notebook and obviously stressed chewed pencil. Opening the notebook he began to write his journal entries for the last few days, after all, this was the first time he had rested in days.

Stardate 7044 - Time and date unknown - Entry 96
    I'm two hours away from letting a nightmare beast eat me, I'm running on adrenaline, fear, and the thought that if I dont keep going I’ll never be able to taste the sweet chocolate pudding at the corner cafe on Alpha 2X again. No sleep is one thing but interrupted sleep is even worse, thankfully though it seems we have finally found a safe zone for a few days before the nightmare begins again, therefore as prescribed by the command textbook I have to document our last few days of adventuring.

Entry 92
    We had just begun to travel again. I swear if I had to tell one more knucklehead that they can't go around eating plants that look like berries I was going to have a tantrum like a two year old, or better yet, let them eat the berries. That way I will have more subjects to work out the side effects of the different species on this planet, unfortunately those knuckleheads are the ones that are keeping me safe while I do my research and I myself am not so able bodied, so for now I'm just going to have to keep up with the reminders. On a brighter note we discovered a new water source on this planet, it appears to be a natural underground reservoir. I must say I was quite excited at the discovery, because where there is water there are new species… unfortunately as said before new species. This was the beginning of my nightmare week, the water source seemed to have been in the territory of a large group of wasp shaped beasts, similar to those on plant t4, unfortunately there were 10x the size and their stingers were as thick as a branch. Seemingly very territorial, and vengeful the chase began.

Entry 93
    I knew I should have listened to my professor about exercising on this day, unfortunately, I'm stubborn and not always one to listen. So a poor fellow, um, I think his name was Sssssam?, I can't remember to be honest, besides my mind for discovery I don't remember much else. Anyway I was lugged like a sack of potatoes by him through the jungle, till we escaped the fuming hoard. Guess what though, our luck did not end there. It seems the beasts did not stop chasing us because they were bored, or simply tired, no instead it looks like we stepped into the territory of a far more dangerous creature. It had a sleek black body, robust limbs and shining eyes. One open of its mouth was a one way portal to a wormhole, getting sucked in with no chance of survival. We lost a few that day. If not for my brilliant wits and realization that it actively avoided a certain blooming purple flower in its territory did we manage to hide in its bushes. The purple flowers were very large and held quite a bit of pollen. I have taken a sample to study when we get back to base in the future. I'm very curious why such a large creature wouldnt approach, especially since it caused us no adverse side effects as far as I'm aware of.

Entry 94
    Sleep was cut off abruptly. The ground shook and winds raged. Similar to the sandstorms of plant y48, except we were mid jungle, all of the ground foliage swept up, leaving us with a curtain of dirt and leaves and unfortunate creatures that had been swept up by the small tornados that tore at the ground. Promptly we fastened ourselves to thick trees, my glasses nearly falling victim to the raging wind. If not for one of the muscle mens quick reflexes I would have been even more tragically incapable of surviving. My eyesight is quite poor, that with the combination of my weak body Im pretty much asking to die in a forest like this. Thankfully my brain is far better than the average, otherwise I wouldn't be here after all.

Entry 95
    The storm went on for two days, hence my disregard for journaling those days. We literally sat tied to trees getting whiplash from the wind, not anything else overly exciting. Though we finally started heading towards the safe zone for some sleep.

☆-------☆
Credit: Toyhouse
☆----------------☆
Storages:
My Kalons
For trade kalons
My kels
Profile avatar by m0thmonster
Sig art by stan. + Niluna + Morisakisan
Characters are owned by me.
Image ImageImageImageImageImage
☆-------------☆
Ucanthandleme

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby altiora » Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:05 am

Mark!
altiora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:17 am

username & number; knickknacks ; 815546
    name; flynn
    gender; female
    journal entry; [800/800 words]

Alright. Day one of my adventure journal. The date is March 13th.

Technically speaking, I am not "on an adventure" yet, seeing as I have yet to leave on my travels, but. Technicalities. I'm starting this in advance, so I'll have a full log of everything from departure to return home.

I'm excited. I've always dreamed of traveling like this, and it's finally happening- I can't wait to get going.

- - - - -

March 20th.

Hey again, journal. Sorry for the break in entries- wait a minute, why am I apologizing to you- I guess it's only polite of me, since I did make a commitment to try and journal consistently, but also. A lot has happened in these past few days. Gosh, has it only been a week?

For one, I'm going to have to move soon. Something something, multiple pipes have burst in the building and my apartment, along with several others, have been ruled unsuitable to live in until repairs are complete. Which. Is decidedly not a good thing.

To make a long story short, I had to speedrun packing up all my belongings and seek alternative housing. In a stroke of good luck, I managed to find an available place on short notice. As I write this, I am sitting on a mattress on the floor, surrounded by boxes. The place is smaller than my previous apartment, but at least this one doesn't have any surprise water damage. Which is a plus.

Home sweet home, for now, I suppose.
      Also- in case you hadn't guessed, dipping into my funds for all this... working out rent agreements, getting a mover to help me (cons of moving to the city by yourself include: not having anyone to help you with manual labor), and so forth.. did take a bite out of my travel funds. Sounds like I'll have to postpone things a bit more.

- - - - -

March 22nd.

Also, journal- I've got neighbors.

I haven't seen them yet, but when I opened my door this morning I nearly knocked over the houseplant they left on my doorstep- a housewarming gift, apparently. Also a note- "from Firren and Silas- welcome!"

I've never been much of a plant person, but I suppose I should at least try to keep this dude alive.
      Hopefully Firren and Silas turn out to be nice.

- - - - -

April 3rd.

I finally met Firren and Silas! It's a wonder our paths haven't crossed in the hallway before now. They're father and son- Silas is a highschool teacher (I forgot to ask what subject, oops!) and his kid Firren is somewhere in his teens, if I had to guess. Firren is also apparently responsible for both gifting me the plant and caring for his own menagerie in their apartment- they invited me in for coffee and it was like an explosion of green.

They seem nice- Silas even offered to contact a friend of his on my behalf if I needed a job in the area. I might take him up on that- I wasn't married to my previous job (I'll just say- count yourself lucky you didn't bear witness to my complaints about it), and it's a longer commute since I moved.

It's... nice to have found some friendly faces, in the middle of all this.

- - - - -

April 15.

So Silas' friend, Marie, is the absolute coolest, journal- and she runs the cutest little coffeeshop! I think I'm going to like working here. Plus, Firren usually comes by after school to do homework- he's a funny little kid, but I don't mind having him around. And Silas comes by after he's done with work to bring Firren home, so when I'm off shift they invite me to walk home with them so I don't get lost.

- - - - -

May 26.

Sorry for not writing- work has been a bit of a whirlwind, lately. I think I'm falling into a good routine, though- or, more like I'm being drawn in by Firren and Silas and Marie. They've all been... very good to me throughout all this. It's nice, having friends who have helped me so much.

Firren finished his school year recently, and the four of us had a game night to celebrate! Silas and Marie had... a surprise for us, also.

I hadn't told Silas much about my travel predicament, because I didn't want to overshare, but- he must have read between the lines, somewhat. I've been invited to join him, Marie, and Firren on a summer trip. As an honorary family member.

Have I been? Stealthily adopted? Without knowing I was being adopted?

(I said yes, of course.)

- - - - -

June 8th.

Alright, journal.

Let's hope I don't jinx it like I did last time, but- I'm about to depart... except this time, I'm not alone.

I can't wait to go on this adventure with them.
Last edited by Knickknacks on Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mimu » Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:34 pm

username & number;
    name;