Based on Click to view
Artist mal du pays [gallery]
Time spent 41 seconds
Drawing sessions 2

Storkie #1245

Postby mal du pays » Thu May 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Thread for Whovian5EVA !

Peach with saddle, mittens, and ruff ; Fire magic
Last edited by mal du pays on Sat May 13, 2023 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(The figure opens its mouth...)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Michael (Mal) - He/they/it - adult
the world's most normal petscop enjoyer
I like Deltarune, drawing, warrior cats, and sonic the hedgehog.
werm time

DeerKiri
click my magistream guys pease

Kalons - Storkies
My OCs - My Kalons - Storkies Archive - Stars Archive
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(and speaks.)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mal du pays

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Storkie #1245

Postby Whovian5EVA » Sat May 13, 2023 1:58 pm

I'm doing the prompt Ambition and sort of played with the idea that sometimes the small successes require ambition too <3

The sun warmed the early morning skies, small birds sang their sweet morning songs. Despite this, a soft orange bundle of fur remained curled in a tight ball, the warmth not quite finding its way to them. Their body felt heavy, almost glued to their bed. With a groan, they begun. Just moving each of their limbs slightly bit by bit, reminding their body how to move. There'd been more of this lately…
With a sigh they began to work some more life into their limbs, rolling over so they were almost sitting, that's when the cool air hit them. With a shiver, they tucked their paws in under themselves. The cold morning air wasn't exactly kind to paws and toes, they did their best to fight off the cold. Hopefully the warmth would bring some life into their actions and bring some movement into the day.
Looking around the room, their eyes drifted between the unfinished tasks scattered all about their room. Piles and piles of things, all with their own intricacies. The sheer mass of things on their to do list threatened to overwhelm them, there was almost no surface free of clutter. Their breath began to quicken…
Closing their eyes they did their best to talk themselves into getting things started.
Just one thing… Doesn't need to be perfect… Give it a shot…
As their heart calmed,they closed their eyes and with a groan, finally found their feet. Finding their way to their food stores, they tried to set themselves up for a good day, by starting with a good breakfast. They took their food outside, hoping that the sunlight would boost their spirits. By now the sun had risen high enough to warm the earth beneath their feet. As the daylight warmed their fur, they slowly ate their food. Trying to remind themselves, that even if they did nothing else today, getting out of bed and eating something was enough. They didn't have some extravagant breakfast, just something simple and that was okay.
After their meal was finished, they headed back inside. Thanks to their peaceful time outside, they found it in themselves to work through the first of their clutter piles. They sighed lightly, somewhat relieved. All the steps they'd taken this morning, setting themselves up for success, was finally paying off.
Their first pile sat in front of them an jumbled mess of old papers, various dry trash amongst other things. Working their way through this pile, their mind began to wander, drifting away to somewhere, that felt like nowhere. They sorted through the things before them, some being designated trash, and some being placed aside to be put away on another day. But before they'd even reached their second pile, what little motivation they'd had before, dwindled to become a fraction of what it had been.
They looked out through their doorway the trees swaying in the midday breeze, they hadn't finished everything, they knew they couldn't do it all in one day. They settled in, ending their day for now, content with the steps they'd taken.

517 words <3

If I'm online at weird
times its because
I'm from Australia.
You can call me Vee! :)
Uni Student | adult
I draw sometimes I guess?
Whovian5EVA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery