Traveling Primal 2023 - Adopt #12 [winner] by gecko

Based on Click to view
Artist gecko [gallery]
Time spent 6 hours, 29 minutes
Drawing sessions 8
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Traveling Primal 2023 - Adopt #12 [winner]

Postby gecko » Mon May 01, 2023 10:54 am

┎-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------┒

What are Simas, exactly?

Simas are generally social mammals with average length fur and bright hearts. Their body's skeletal structure matches one of a cat with its flexible spine and typically lithe body frame, while the skull and paws resemble ancient canines such as a wolf- an indicator of hybrid genes. Their fur is more abundant around their chest and neck and the fur becomes more coarse as it reaches their tail, from abundant at the base to more coarse until it's pure, soft velvet when it just reaches the jewel guard itself. Their jewel acts as a weapon for self-defense as well as the guard, sharp against opponents and the jewel is frequently kept clean for courtship and using their powers to their utmost potential.

They are omnivores by design and an adult size ranges anywhere between an adult medium-sized dog to a mountain lion- or, if their genes go back far enough, very rarely can they be the size of tigers. It is unknown if there's any Sima larger than that.

They're often observed in groups, typically families between 20-50 Simas, or they've formed groups based on the power of their jewel which can vary wildly in size. It also isn't uncommon to find Simas living a solitary life. As a species, they're generally docile and can coexist peacefully with other species, but genetically incompatible if it ever came to interspecies breeding due to their hybrid nature.

Countless generations of breeding amongst their ancestors and with one another resulted in random mutations gradually appearing in their kits which could result in both benign and life-impacting results. Unstable genetics mixed with their jewel powers, according to human studies, could also be a result of why kits have a predisposition to being born with bodily mutations. Regardless, few deaths have been recorded as a result of the curious traits they are born with.

┗----------------------------------------------------------------------------------┚

Traits&Info wrote:NR ♦ Expression
E ♦ Primal subspecies
C ♦ Novice jewel [blue- water]
C ♦ Colored sclera
UC ♦ Long whiskers
UC ♦ Minor ear edits (longer flat, more rounded, scaled inside)
UC ♦ Minor fur edits (legs)
UC ♦ Eye shape edit (larger more rounded than normal primal, no pupils)
R ♦ Visible jewel powers (water)
R ♦ Body crystals

Is that splashing?

Username: Rondell
CS ID: 4680
Name: Sumi
Last edited by gecko on Sun May 07, 2023 3:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ignore oekaki timers I always leave the tab open >:'D

𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝙸𝙳
𝚐𝚎𝚌𝚔𝟶 #𝟺𝟽𝟻𝟸
𝙲𝚑𝚎𝚌𝚔 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚎 𝚌𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚜!
𝚂𝚒𝚖𝚊 𝙰𝚍𝚘𝚙𝚝𝚜
𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚊 𝙳𝚘𝚐𝚜
𝚃𝚒𝚗𝚢 𝚃𝚊𝚒𝚕𝘴 𝚁𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚢

gecko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Traveling Primal 2023 - Adopt #12

Postby PuddlebyOnTheMarsh » Mon May 01, 2023 2:24 pm

Username: PuddlebyOnTheMarsh
CS ID: 250905
Name: Wo-Katsu
Extras: This fellow is older and has been passing through for many a year. He always makes time to visit with his god son Wo-Ti. This year he saw how much he had grown and decided he wanted to take a year off and stay to really get to know him.
(Sorry, no time. Spotted this late)

Pet's name: Pushmi-pullyu
PuddlebyOnTheMarsh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Traveling Primal 2023 - Adopt #12

Postby Rondell » Wed May 03, 2023 2:32 am

Username: Rondell
CS ID: 4680

Name: Sumi
    Written as '墨' in Katakana, 'Sumi' is a Japanese word meaning 'ink', and is used to refer to the black specks on the Taishō Sanshoku verity of koi - because they look like ink blots!

Extras:

Fish
Fish
Beautiful fish
On this fish I make a wish

I wish I may
I wish I might
Have the luck
I need to-night

I wish for power
I wish for might
I wish for love
I wish for light

Fish
Fish
Beautiful fish
On this fish I make a wish

Please guide my paws
Please hear my plight
Grant me will
To make things right.
Sumi hails from a lakeside tribe that gets much of their food from the water. As such, they value the lake deeply, and many of their traditions tie back to it. The little poem at left is a children's rhyme and fisherman's charm - said to wish upon a lucky fish much as a human would wish upon a star. To Sumi's tribe, the first fish caught caught on every fishing trip is an honorary 'lucky fish' and must be thrown back to ensure good fortune for the voyage. To catch the freed fish AGAIN, later on in the same fishing trip, is seen as BAD luck - if a fisherman stubs their toe or cuts their paw or has a net that breaks, their friends will shake their heads and say: you must have caught the lucky fish twice! The true lucky fish, however, and the one referred to in the rhyme, are a specific and rare species that dwells deep within the waters of the lake. They're rarely seen and even more rarely caught; generally held to be omens of good things to come. To have one die in your net will blight you for many months. To find one dead on the shore is a tiding of ill for all.

Sumi knows this rhyme well, and has taught it to many kits over the years. He functions as a lore-keeper for his tribe, you see, and is responsible for making sure that the stories, songs and traditions are carried forward through the generations. The tribe doesn't have many written documents because they're not seen as essential - they can be damaged, lost, stolen, and take up space in the packs during migration season that could better be used for something else. Sumi cares for the few written words the tribe DOES have, but much of his lore keeping is done through memory.

Sumi has a GREAT memory!

He tends to be rather quiet and introverted under normal circumstances, but when telling a story his whole person changes. His eyes light up and his face animates, his paws gesture and his tail swings. Sumi loves his role!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Visit the Agglomeration!
(I.E. my characters...)

P.S - Happy holidays!!
Rondell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me