#SSH002 by Andromeda

Based on Click to view
Artist Andromeda [gallery]
Time spent 33 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

#SSH002

Postby Andromeda » Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:29 pm

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

Looks like this trotter may have sniffed one too many flowers! Show me their favorite flower and tell me why it's their favorite!
End Date: April 25th

Username:
Show Name:
Barn Name:

Eye Color: Buttercups
Phenotype: Claybank Dun Pangare Pollen Birdcatcher Flowers
Genotype: ee AA Dd PolPol +Pangare +bc flowers

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Halter Color:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]

Andromeda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: #SSH002

Postby Boghound » Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:17 pm

Username: Lath
Show Name: BKD's Smell The Daisies
Barn Name: Daisy
Height: 14hh
Halter Color: Artist's choice
Prompt: Daisy is aptly named, because her favourite flower is the common daisy. They remind her of the spring she was born. They grew abundantly in the paddock she and her mother were in. (This is where her mother got her name!) Every spring they return, and bring with them more babies. She's been known to gather up a mouthful and place them neatly on stall doors.
-
-
-
-
✦✦✦

elijah/eli. they/him. adult. severely mentally ill.
open to dms if you need to chat for whatever reason!
utterly obsessed with kento nanami, my husband.

🦈

✦✦✦

Boghound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby green. » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:20 am

Username: green.
Show Name: rws all your life
Barn Name: Kirabo 'gift'
Height: 15hh
Halter Color: surprise me
Prompt: Image
These flowers, because they remind her owners of her fiery orange coat. they stand out in the garden just like this range trotter. These flowers are the ones under the fill of the hunter jumps that Kirabo also despises, shes not a jumper, making her dislike these flowers. However, she soon learned to love them again, appreciating them as fill without actually having to jump them. Instead, she likes to eat them when her rider has her stopped near said jump. They taste yummy and that's why their her favorite.
"Night falls
With gravity
The earth turns
From sanity"

L - they/them - est
x | x | x
l
u
n
a
r
green.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ivyy. » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:23 am

Username: ivyy.
Show Name: BV's A Man Mourning Tomorrow
Barn Name: London
Height: 14.2hh
Halter Color: same as eye color <3
Prompt: Bluebells were his mother's favorite flower when she was alive, one he was always told represented everlasting love, including the bond of mother and foal. To this day, whenever he sees this flower he bows his head and breathes in the lingering scent of his mother and her everlasting love for him.

cc
hi hi!! i'm ivyy. but you can call me isabella or bella <3

she/her - virgo - owner of two cats and three dogs - previous bun mom - animal enthusiast - equestrian

credit to iceycrushed for making my avatar for my use only <3
ivyy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby heyheygirl101 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:19 am

Username: heyheygirl101
Show Name: LLE Many Moons of Jupiter
Barn Name: Io
Height: 14 hh
Halter Color: Inspo
Prompt: Lily of the Valley are Io's favourite flowers because of the mythology behind them. More specifically the greek mythology that involves their creation. The story of Apollo creating the flower specifically for his nymphs' to have something soft and beautiful to walk upon, has always been a true romance to her and the thought of having someone care so much for her as too make something soft for her to walk upon just makes her hopeless romantic heart sing.

𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌, 𝒞𝓇𝑜𝓌𝓁𝑒𝓎,
𝐼’𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝓈𝒶𝒾𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉, 𝒹𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝒾𝒹𝑒, 𝓎𝑜𝓊’𝓇𝑒 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝓆𝓊𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝒶...

╔═════════════════════════╗
Hiya! I'm Heyhey <3
Pronouns are she/her and I am a proud bisexual Image
Trades are always open just may not always be accepted.
Links to my character storage below

╚═════════════════════════╝

𝒜𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉, 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉,
𝒯𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑜𝓁𝑒
𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹, 𝓌𝒽𝓎 𝒹𝑜𝓃’𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊?
heyheygirl101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eevee55 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:36 am

Username: Eevee55
Show Name: Waves of Emotion
Barn Name: Memory
Height: 14.3
Halter Color: Eye color
Prompt: Image
source
Azaleas are his favorite flower because they symbolize specific emotions or events. As someone who values his memories very much, and is very in tune with his emotions, he thinks this is really cool. Another thing Azaleas symbolize is abundance, and they are given as gifts to express that you want good things to come to the recipient. This is something else he likes, since he wants everyone to be happy. Often, he will go and search for Azaleas and then present them to his friends and owner in hopes of making them smile. Memory's favorite color of Azaleas is yellow, but he likes all other Azaleas as well!
Despite everything,

Image Image Image
Heya, I'm Eevee!
Thank you so much to twinkle! for the adorable avatar!

It's still you.

Eevee55

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pandora! » Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:42 pm

Username: Pandora!
Show Name: OHS Citrus Sunbeams
Barn Name: Kumquat
Height: 12.2hh
Halter Color: eye color
Prompt: It may be an unusual favorite flower, but Kumquat loves skunk cabbage! What it lacks in aesthetic beauty, it makes up for with cool science facts and that in many places it's the first plant to grow in the spring. Skunk cabbage is thermogenetic, so it produces its own heat, enough to melt through the snow. It produces a foul smell (described as a mix of garlic, onions, and decaying flesh0 that attracts pollinators, and once it sprouts the leaves of the plant are edible! x

▐▌

Pandora!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Embergleam » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:34 pm

Username: Embergleam
Show Name: RRS Mount Diablo Dreaming
Barn Name: Poppy
Height: 12.2 hh
Halter Color: Artist's choice
Prompt: California poppies! They're a beautiful, hardy, drought-tolerant species that native peoples have used for medicinal purposes for centuries, and on top of that, they paint whole landscapes the same vibrant color she is when they bloom. (Photo credit here!
Be the nonsense you wish to see in the world.
He/him| Image | ADHD
Raven Ridge Stables
Embergleam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pandapop » Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:15 pm

Username: Pandapop
Show Name: "EVS" Late to the Party
Barn Name: Gladys
Halter Color: Matching eyes
Prompt: The gladiolus!

One of the hardier plants (at least in my experience!), these tall beauties bloom after all of the other spring and summer flowers are long gone or withering away, from late summer to fall. The perfect backdrop to any garden! They come in a wide variety of colors, either solids or two-tones (my favorite!). Thanks to the helpful little bees, they'll come back every year with a few extra bulbs emerging!

Pandapop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starwindrider » Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:47 pm

Username: Starwindrider
Show Name: NAS Herald of Spring
Barn Name: Pollen
Halter Color: Like the flower
Prompt:
Pollen loves butterfly pea flowers! The blue of the flowers stand out against his orange coat and complement it nicely, and the flowers also make for a nice mildly sweet snack.
Starwindrider

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me