MFA #110 by krazykitty00

Based on Click to view
Artist krazykitty00 [gallery]
Time spent 1 minute, 55 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

MFA #110

Postby krazykitty00 » Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:17 am

Greetings, mage. So you want to dabble in magic falconry? You're in the right place. Here we dedicate ourselves to the care, training, and utilization, of magic birds. Magic Falconry is not limited to just Falcons and other birds of prey; you'll find many of these birds are reminiscent of other birds with their own magical twists.

So, what are you waiting for? Found a Mews and find your new feathered companion today!

To enter for this adopt, answer one of the following prompts:

Lie - Laughter - Trick

You can answer from the view of this adopt or from one of your own Hearthoots.
This prompt can be done in the form of art or with writing at a minimum of 300 words <3
Please use the form below:

username;
mews link;
prompt;

This comp will end April 15th at CS Rollover

Code: Select all
[b]Username;[/b]
[b]Bird Name;[/b]
[b]Nicknames;[/b] (optional)
[b]Physical Description:[/b] Muted Green Swirl
[b]Gender:[/b] M/F/Custom
[b]Born Magic Type;[/b] Trickster (Rare)
[b]Additional Magic #1[/b] leave blank
[b]Additional Magic #2[/b] #2; leave blank

[b]Traits:[/b]
[list][b][NR][/b] Expression Edit, Eye Shape Edit, Accessories, Full Eye Color[/list]

[b]Parents:[/b]
Founder | Founder

[b]Children:[/b]
-- [url]Partner[/url]
-- [url]Child1[/url]
-- [url]Child2[/url]
-- [url]Child3[/url]
krazykitty00

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: MFA #110

Postby rem sleep » Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:08 pm

username; rem sleep
      mews link; here
      prompt; Sylvester has been telling lies for as long as he can remember, really. Growing up, he never had a home to call his own-- just a father with trickster magic and an (at best) dubious moral compass. All that to say, Sylvester was introduced to the art of lying (or "storytelling", as his father would call it) early. They'd tell different falcons all kinds of different stories-- about who they were, fantastical places they hailed from, what they needed access to and why. It was all made up, of course, and meant to get them in places they shouldn't have been so they could sleight of hand a few valuables and escape into the night unseen and not missed by anyone. They were, in short, criminals. Robbers, petty thieves. But they were fed and they were happy more often than they were not-- and despite not having a home, they had some sort of community in one another, and in their stories.

Somewhere along the line, Sylvester determined he'd fallen in love with the stories they wove. He found creating elaborate lies exciting in the way one might be elated to sit down and write a novel. He developed many interesting characters who he'd play-- some royals or estranged princes, some salesmen down on their luck, others young bachelors on a quest to reunite with their young love. He was a masterful liar, too. His characters were beyond believable, and several times he actually caught the attention of those who wanted his permanent companionship, though he has thus far skillfully avoided these attempts at longstanding connection. Sylvester's lying has been recognized by others as almost akin to an art form-- a skill over which his mastery awes even those who know he's lying.

Sylvester grew up and out of the lifestyle that necessitated that lying, and became stable enough to have his own place and his own security-- but the lying never stopped for him. It was ingrained into him young, and he's rather fond of it, actually. He thinks an innocent lie is often times easier to swallow than a hard truth, and he takes this philosophy to the absolute extreme by very seldom playing anything straight. He lies for many reasons-- to protect his own authentic character, which he often hides behind the mask of a character he likes better-- to amuse other spectators with grand stories he himself cannot tell as he didn't experience them-- to soften an unpleasant blow for someone on the receiving end of bad news... Since he no longer needs to, he tries not to lie in order to swindle others, where he can. This lack of swindling comes primarily for respect for his own craft-- and he tries to keep his lies as innocent and harmless as possible where he can. Regardless of his status as a serial liar, he doesn't enjoy hurting others-- in fact, most of his fabrications are for the sake of having pleasant exchanges with others.

Overall, Sylvester is a big fan of lying-- though his view of the practice gives him some semblance of a morality when engaging in it. He sees lying more as a venue for entertaining storytelling and roleplaying than he does a practice intended to harm and overtly manipulate others. Sylvester knows that a good story has a great power-- and he sees it as important that he uses his stories' power for good instead of evil.

[ 574 words ]
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baobabel » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:00 pm

Username; Baobabel
mews link; https://toyhou.se/Baobabel/characters/folder:4128564
Prompt;

From the moment they first hatched, the twins never went a day without laughing. They seemed to be born from joy and jolliness. Everything was amusing to them and if one got the giggles, the other was sure to quickly follow. From the beginning, they were more work than the average nestlings. Not in a bad way but definitely kept the nest watchers on their toes. Their nest watchers would sway between amusement and frustration depending on if and who was the butt of the joke or prank. But no one could stay mad at the two for long because there was never any malicious intent behind it. Despite it, the nest watchers can’t remember ever having a nest that brought so much joy and laughter. It was infectious everywhere they went.

As Tarok and Tamil grew into fledglings and started taking breaks from the nest, they met and made more friends. They seemed to get along with everyone they met and anyone who interacted with them would walk away with a smile on their face. Even in hard times, the twins would support each other and their friends. Always finding someway to lighten the mood

Regardless of the number of friends they made, Tamil and Tarok stayed close. You couldn’t find one without the other nearby. One would start the joke and the other would say the punchline. One would be the distraction white the other set up a prank. Even in the rare times they weren’t running around filling the halls with giggling, they could be found sitting in quiet company with each other.
Then came the illness. No one knew exactly where it came from, only that it struck hard and fast and killed 50% of its victims. Tamil and Tarok both caught it on the same day. In the infirmary they made it their mission to keep everyone’s spirits high. Despite the horror of so much sickness and death, the infirmary became a place of jokes, laughter, camaraderie, and hope. At least for a few days. Because on the day they were supposed to get better, Tamil took a turn for the worst. For the first time in his life, Tarok wanted to cry and rage as he felt his body getting healthier. In amil’s last moments, they shared a few too short moments with jokes. As Tamil passed on, he got to hear his brother's laughter and see him smile one last time.

He knows his twin would’ve wanted him to be happy and to be filling other’s with joy the way they used to do together but laughter hurts now. Tarok has gone a long time without laughter.
Baobabel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby krazykitty00 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:54 pm

rem sleep wrote:
      username; rem sleep
      mews link; here
      prompt; Sylvester has been telling lies for as long as he can remember, really.

Congrats!! You're the winner of this adopt!
krazykitty00

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me