MFA #109 by krazykitty00

Based on Click to view
Artist krazykitty00 [gallery]
Time spent 1 minute, 26 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

MFA #109

Postby krazykitty00 » Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:12 am

Greetings, mage. So you want to dabble in magic falconry? You're in the right place. Here we dedicate ourselves to the care, training, and utilization, of magic birds. Magic Falconry is not limited to just Falcons and other birds of prey; you'll find many of these birds are reminiscent of other birds with their own magical twists.

So, what are you waiting for? Found a Mews and find your new feathered companion today!

To enter for this adopt, answer one of the following prompts:

Lie - Laughter - Trick

You can answer from the view of this adopt or from one of your own Hearthoots.
This prompt can be done in the form of art or with writing at a minimum of 300 words <3
Please use the form below:

username;
mews link;
prompt;

This comp will end April 15th at CS Rollover

Code: Select all
[b]Username;[/b]
[b]Bird Name;[/b]
[b]Nicknames;[/b] (optional)
[b]Physical Description:[/b] Purple Shaded
[b]Gender:[/b] M/F/Custom
[b]Born Magic Type;[/b] Trickster (Rare)
[b]Additional Magic #1[/b] leave blank
[b]Additional Magic #2[/b] #2; leave blank

[b]Traits:[/b]
[list][b][NR][/b] Expression Edit, Eye Shape Edit, Feather Crest Edit, Full Eye Color[/list]

[b]Parents:[/b]
Founder | Founder

[b]Children:[/b]
-- [url]Partner[/url]
-- [url]Child1[/url]
-- [url]Child2[/url]
-- [url]Child3[/url]
krazykitty00

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: MFA #109

Postby rem sleep » Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:08 pm

username; rem sleep
      mews link; here
      prompt; Chrysanthemum was never completely sure about Astral...

Ever since they met, Astral has always been just the slightest bit... puzzling. He introduced himself to her as an arcane mage, a studious type and an enjoyer of the fine stories of old. She had no reason to doubt him then, and while he was an awkward fellow, so too were many other falcons she met. Astral was sweet, if a bit clumsy, and he seemed like a well-intentioned bird.

It was only when they spent more time around one another that she started to wonder about him. She'd never seen him use his magic, which she supposed wasn't strange in and of itself... but she'd been excited to study magic with him, since they shared a magic type. He still studied with her, but there were times he seemed not to understand things-- specific ways the magic felt or worked. She always assumed that he just experienced it differently than she did, perhaps. That his relationship with magic might've been something unlike her own. She tried her best to respect it, and she did enjoy his company...

But try as she might, Chrysanthemum continued to have this nagging, odd sense that something was amiss. It tugged at the back of her mind as they studied together, as they strolled in the woods, as they mingled... There was just something strange about Astral that she couldn't put her talon on... And so it would've stayed, if she just hadn't come to his hideaway that day. If she had just knocked, as she had been told to so many times, she would not have ever had her suspicions develop beyond a passing shadow she sometimes caught flitting about in her mind's eye.

But she did, anyway. She thought it would be fun to stop by on her way back home from her trip away. He'd be delighted to see her, surely. They hadn't had a chance to chat in awhile-- and she'd missed his good conversation. She invited herself into his workshop-- a place she'd never seen the inside of due to convenient circumstances-- and the darkness temporarily overwhelmed her. She blinked the darkness from her gaze, proceeding uncertainly. Maybe he wasn't here? Why was it so dark? She extended one wing to find the wall and traced along it, using it to guide her uncertain steps deeper into the dark. Deeper inside, she thought she could hear his voice, faintly-- but who was he talking to? She couldn't make out the words, but a gnawing sense of dread told her that she should stay quiet. Maybe it was the oppressive atmosphere of the place, or the hushed tone of Astral's words, but she bit her tongue and slunk closer, mutely.

The sight slowly crept into focus as she approached. Astral had his back turned to her, and his gaze cast downwards at a book in his talons. He didn't seem to be talking to anyone, but his voice was oddly... directed. There was only a second to ponder on this before a flash of light overwhelmed her senses-- a crackle shot through the air as Astral said a conclusive final word, and a massive falcon made of light burst into focus before Astral, its feathers burning white hot like the sun, its eyes like searing stars.

Before she even thought about it, Chrysanthemum cried out, and the shock that she had froze her in place. The illusion shattered into so many scattered stars and Astral turned sharply to her, his eyes spinning with a trickster's swirls.

"Chrys--?!" He called, alarmed and betrayed, his voice strangled in his throat, "It's not what it looks like--!"

Chrysanthemum scrambled to flee regardless, his words only dimly heard. She had known something was strange about him... but why had he lied about his magic? And if he'd lied about that, what more of him was lies? Did she actually know him, at all...? What was his workshop-- his lab-- that falcon of light--?

She didn't know that she'd ever know. What she did know was that she had been tricked. Though at the time she couldn't have possibly known or understood why...

[ 696 words ]
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragoness129 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:12 am

username; dragoness129
mews link; Here
prompt;

Echoing sinister laughter surrounded Arctis. It was deep and full of twisted delight. He could hear it only in his head, creeping its menacing claws down towards his soul. Cold energy surrounded him. He had messed up. It wasn't a trick. He had understood what he was getting into. Or at least, he thought he had. He was not ready for the consequences of his decision.

Several weeks ago, he had been exploring an ancient dungeon. It was part of his job. He was a scholar of the arcane and eager to unlock all the secrets of the past. He had heard rumors of strange magics being buried within. He had his bag filled with things to help him on his journey through the unknown. He encountered many traps along the way: standard trip wire traps, darts shooting from the walls, puzzles that you had to complete in a certain order to unlock the door, and some were even arcane in design. These types were most quizzical. Each was a different type of magic. It was as if many Hearthoots had worked together to set them. He wondered just who had made this dungeon and what it was guarding. Besides the explosion, the twang of a trap, or a strange creaking in the distance, the dungeon was deathly silent. Arctis hoped for some sound to break the silence soon, or he feared it would begin to mess with his brain.

Finally, he arrived at the central room, deep below the surface. The interior was once a grand, lavish design. Now it was overcome by nature and dusty with time. As soon as he moved a talon into the room, he could hear a low rumbling sound fill the room. It changed in pitch every so often. It almost sounded like....laughter? Arctis tilted his head in confusion at the sound. He waited a few minutes, but nothing seemed to happen other than the sound filling the room. He could see something on a pedestal, sitting on a raised dais. He moved closer, taking cautious steps. Soon, he discovered that it was an ancient tome. There were heavy chains draped securely around it with several large padlocks and arcane locks keeping it secure. Arctis could tell from the state they were in that it had been here several thousand years. The metal was severely rusted and the arcane sigils had lost all but a faint hint of magic.

Taking a bit of time to break each lock, he worked at freeing the book. He was planning on taking it with him to present to the academy and to read over what ancient text lay within. Hopefully, there were many magical secrets that could improve the populace as a whole. The fact that it could be anything sinister did not even cross his mind. It was as if by intention from some strange magic of the room. Finally, when the last lock was broken, the chains slid noisily to the ground. The laughter that had been present the whole while was gone. He wondered if that were some trap itself to deter would-be thieves. Arctis waved away the thought and turned his focus to the tome. He very carefully secured it in his satchel before making his way back home. He would have plenty of time to study it when he was not several hundred feet below the surface.

When he was home, he studied the binding, making sure the tome itself was not trapped. He gently opened the cover to discover a warning written in dark crimson. It begged the reader to not say the words aloud, warning them of a dark and terribly dangerous presence bound to the writing. Residing deep in another realm, the formless being was a patron of the dark arts, taking on contracts with weak, unsuspecting mortals. The book was blank save for a poem written in a language that shifted from some ancient language to one that was recognizable to the Hearthoot.

Arctis weighed his options for many weeks, pondering the pros and cons of saying the poem aloud. As he looked at it, it seemed to beg him to comply. He thought about all the power he could gain from a contract with an ancient being. Sure, he might lose a part of himself in the process, but it seemed worth the cost. Besides, no one knew exactly what the after might hold, or even if there was one.

Finally, Arctis opened the book and said the words aloud. Laughter. Dark and sinister laughter filled his head. He talked with the patron, laughter continuing to roll through his brain all the while. It was hard to think around the low rumble that seemed never-ending. Even with the contract signed, a fact that Arctis was hardly aware of doing, the laughter continued. It was the ever-present mark of this formless being. Laughter, a sound Arctis would hear for all of eternity.

[825 words]
dragoness129

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby krazykitty00 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:51 pm

rem sleep wrote:
      username; rem sleep
      mews link; here
      prompt; Chrysanthemum was never completely sure about Astral...

Congratulations! You've won this friend!
krazykitty00

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:15 pm

thank you sm!! < 3 < 3 !!
♥ ♥ ♥