Tideclan // Moon 22 - Newleaf births! by sobble

Based on Click to view
Artist sobble [gallery]
Time spent 55 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Tideclan // Moon 22 - Newleaf births!

Postby sobble » Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:00 pm

This moon, the camp is in quite a bit of commotion. With the excitement of Juniperpoppy's warrior ceremony, and the soon to be bustling nursery, the camp was alight with purrs and mewls of congratulations.

Troutstar was resting in the nursery, mumbling about the stiff air. Troutstar's confinement to the nursery meant her mate and trusted deputy, Greeneater, would oversee the clan. Troutstar settled into her temporary nest, reflecting warmly on Greeneater. He was a fine deputy, and she had the utmost confidence he would direct the clan well... and if anything needed settled, she vowed, she was more than capable of handling the camp's affairs.

--

Later that night, Troutstar went into labor, and the nursery was bustling with visitors and medicine cats. Troutstar detested the extra attention, but Lavender was adamant that she stay with Troutstar throughout the night, in addition to Greeneater, and visits from Weaselheart.

It was through this commotion that Hollyash slipped into the medicine cat's den, quietly pleading with Deer to help her through the process. Deer obliged, though groggily. She wasn't feeling well herself, and had stayed in her own den to tend to any stragglers that came looking for the medicine cats this late.
Perhaps this was why Deer failed to really take stock in what was unfolding before her, it never dawned on her that Hollyash didn't have a mate. Deer wasn't the only one who failed to notice, though. Troutstar and Greeneater were exhausted, and only by the next day did they begin to question ... when had Hollyash slipped into the nursery? Did she have a mate?

When Troutstar met Hollyash's eyes for the first time, it took her seconds to understand what had happened. Hollyash needn't speak, her gaze was a plea in of itself. Hollyash didn't have a mate, perhaps didn't know who the father was herself, but it was obvious all the same that Hollyash loved them. Troutstar laid her head down again, wrapping her tail around her bundle of kits, and nodded to Hollyash. They would all be safe in Tideclan, Troutstar couldn't fathom denying a kit their mother's warmth, nor their mother a home she had known so long.

Moon 22; Misc. events
  • Deer contracts whitecough, which spreads through the clan over the moon. Lilykit, Greeneater, Antlerpaw, and Mottlesnow are also infected.
  • Juniperpoppy catches greencough, which soon takes hold of Lynxfoot and Chasingpaw as well.
    They/them | Adult | PA student
    Prone to experiencing mental illness, please be nice.
    I love pokemon, coffee, and my late kitty Cleo.
    PMs OK for reminders or commissions/discord tag
    Art credits linked to images!
    Kals
sobble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me