Time spent 8 hours, 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 8
22 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Idem

by Idem

Range Trotter #3500

Postby Idem » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:10 am

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

Happy 3500 trotters everyone woo!! I wanted to try and go all out on this guy. as part of that, the winner will get to choose a medium sized companion I will be drawing along with them. to win this trotter, you have a few options. the first option is to sketch/draw this trotter along with what you'd like their companion to look like. option two is to show me a picture of what you'd like to be their companion and tell me about their companion's personality. option three is to write about an adventure or some other event this trotter and their companion had together. the writing options need to be at least 250 words in length. prettying up your forms is welcome, as is marking. you have exactly 2 and a half weeks to finish your entries. good luck!
End Date: Apr. 13th

Username: Starwindrider
Show Name: NAS Mystical Divinity
Barn Name: Arcana

Height: 15hh
Eye Color: Ocean Twilight (Purple and Blue Split Heterochromia)
Phenotype: Chimeric Silver Brown Dun Sabino + Eyeglow + Reverse Brindle / Masked Sooty Black Pearl Champagne Spotted Blanket Appaloosa + Luciferin Birdcatcher Spots
Genotype: EE/Ata/Dd/Zz/crprl/StyMsty/Sbsb + Eyeglow + Reverse Brindle / EE/aa/prlprl/Chch/MstyMsty/Lplp + Luciferin BC Spots
Last edited by Idem on Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hey, I'm Idem! I'm just another person who enjoys collecting rocks and crystals, drawing, playing D&D, and listening to music (tøp, Porter Robinson, Hozier, half•alive). I'm always open for a PM if you'd like to talk. <3
Rocky Mountain Stables Hub My Polecat Drakes My BCs

-Do not go gentle into that good night-
-Rage, rage against the dying of the light.-
Idem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #3500

Postby Folmes » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:00 pm

Username: Folmes
Show Name: RK Heavens Divided
Barn Name: Riven
Height: 13.3 hh
Halter Color: Surprise me!
Prompt: North American River Otter!

xxxRiven has always felt at home in the forest, the peace, the birds calling overhead, the smell of fresh Earth. Riven's job is to patrol the National Forest she calls home and monitor for any signs of change or danger. Riven used to do this job alone, she enjoyed the isolation and time to think. But, now she finds she doesn't find much true quiet these days.
xxx"Can you walk a little smoother? My stones are bouncing all over the place!" A little voice sounds from her back.
xxx"Marvin, I'm walking a smoothly as I can." Riven shoots back, turning her head to look at the river otter that she now calls her friend. Marvin has been with her for a year now. He always says he joined on her daily patrols so that he can "get his adventuring in" while continuing to organize his stones or sticks or leaves on her back in ways that only make sense to him.
xxxMarvin shakes his head at her and huffs. Suddenly, his head snaps up to the sky, his nose twitching as he sniffs intensely. "What's wrong?" Riven asks, looking around their surroundings. His nose is much stronger than hers, but the poor creature is often startled easily.
xxxMarvin gasps at the same time Riven spots it. Grey smoke bellowing to the sky. "Fire! Fire... Fire!" Marvin shouts from her back, becoming increasingly more panicked at the moments drag on. Riven inhales a large breath, she can smell it, smudging the usually crisp air with smoke.
xxx"Hold on tight, Marvin!" Riven shouts at him before launching into a full sprint away from the flames, back to the ranger station they called home. Marvin lets out a squeak before tangling his paws into the braids in her mane.
xxx"My stones! Oh no... we have to come back to collect them!" He stampers out, his hind end unable to stay on Riven's back as she flies through the tall green trees.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"Don't worry, we'll be back."
Last edited by Folmes on Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage
rose kingdom (my characters)
my toyhou.se
✦ she/they ✦ adult ✦ er vet tech ✦ type 1 diabetic ✦
✦ artist for range trotters & skullies & sveldala walkers
♥ avatar by sleepyDandy
Folmes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby literal.swag. » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:01 pm

Username: literal.swag.
Show Name: TBD
Barn Name: TBD
Height: 15 hh
Halter Color: already a halter ^^
Prompt: wip wip wip

ᵕ̈ court || she/her || adult || adhd ridden ᵕ̈

hey y'all, just here to have fun! ♡
    please bare with me on trades!!
    toyhouse | cs storage

♡umas | the backseat lovers | crochet♡

current goals: collecting all dragons/dinosaurs!
literal.swag.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sullivan Maurus » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:00 pm

Username: Sullivan Maurus
Show Name: Four Hands Our Fortunes Mend
Barn Name: Asra (left) & Isra (right)
Height: 15.2hh
Halter Color: Matching the eyes on each side, same hardware.
Prompt: A young lion. (wip)

Good luck everyone!
Last edited by Sullivan Maurus on Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gone.
Sullivan Maurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadyBro » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:51 am

┏━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Username: ShadyBro
Show Name: NVR Where The Ancients Sleep
Barn Name: Ouroboros
Height: 12hh
Halter Color: Keep
Credits: ,.' .* ⋅.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━┛
ImageImage
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Ouro's beloved companion is an elderly piebald royal python named Rhoma. She is a gentle snake
who likes to spend her time laying about in the sun with her equine pal. Thanks to Ouro's extreme
fear of rodents, wherever one goes the other follows. No one is sure how they found each other, as
they've bounced through many many homes over the years, but they are certainly bonded for life.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Last edited by ShadyBro on Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
┏━━━━━━━━━┓ 
─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──

ImageImageImage
✰Toyhouse✰
✰Closed Species✰
✰Trotters✰

ImageImageImage

─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

─- ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ─- ♡ - - ♡ -─ ⋆⋅⋅⋆ -─
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lokisaurus » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:06 pm

Username: Lokisaurus
Show Name:
Barn Name: KINGS ???
Halter Color:
Prompt:
Lokisaurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby odi » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:46 am

Username: odi
Show Name: ODI Rorschach Test
Barn Name: Altair
Height: 14.8hh
Halter Color: above
Prompt: wip
4 hours behind game time
old avatar
new avatar
for crediting purposes

check out my oekaki! :)
there's a very good chance i have some
adoptables available at the moment,
and they're usually pretty cheap..
check below for what i'd like!

payment priority list:
1. unused webkinz code(s)
2. missed event outcome(s) (ONLY DURING ACTIVE EVENT)
3. event tokens (ONLY DURING ACTIVE EVENT)
4. WL pet(s)
5. c$

always looking for trades!

odi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby green. » Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:21 pm

Username: green.
Show Name: rws bejeweled
Barn Name: coin
Height:15hh
Halter Color: keep
Prompt: wip
"Night falls
With gravity
The earth turns
From sanity"

L - they/them - est
x | x | x
l
u
n
a
r
green.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Idem » Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:00 am

About 4 days left to work on entries for this contest!

Hey, I'm Idem! I'm just another person who enjoys collecting rocks and crystals, drawing, playing D&D, and listening to music (tøp, Porter Robinson, Hozier, half•alive). I'm always open for a PM if you'd like to talk. <3
Rocky Mountain Stables Hub My Polecat Drakes My BCs

-Do not go gentle into that good night-
-Rage, rage against the dying of the light.-
Idem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fruitbat » Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:10 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Username: fruitbat
    Show Name: Gone With The Wind
    Barn Name: Aura, "goddess of the breeze"
    Height: 15hh
    Halter Color: Artist choice :)
    Prompt: Aura's companion is a black sparrowhawk named Artemis. [458 words]

Credit: Sibyl Morris
Unlike her counterpart, Artemis is bold, strong-willed and a natural-born leader. She carries charisma and confidence, projecting authority in a way that isn't demanding or arduous. She's got a ruthless level of rationality, using her drive, determination and sharp mind to achieve whatever she wants, when she wants. If there's anything Artemis loves, it's a good challenge, big or small. Combine this with her undoubtable ability to think strategically, hold a long-term focus, and perform with the upmost determination and precision, makes her believe she can do anything.

It is very easy for a personality like Artemis to overwhelm the more timid and sensitive types, like her counterpart Aura. It is often joked that Aura is actually Artemis' companion, but really, they complement each other incredibly well. Artemis' extraverted nature means she involves everyone, inspiring and invigorating them to achieve their goals as well. She's become quite skilled in "reading the room" and being able to shift her perspective based on who is present. She still struggles with this though... such a quick-thinking and witty mind cannot wait for those who need time to think!

Overall, Artemis is a true powerhouse, and loves every moment of it. Those around her may feel intimidated, overwhelmed, even a little stunned that such a (relatively) small creature can exploit such a strong personality. She is a great motivator, often helping Aura navigate difficult personal challenges through reassurance and determination.

Friendships of circumstance, built on things like shared routines, is not how Artemis prefers to make friends– rather, she pursues friends, seeks out those who share similar passions and beliefs. It is not always easy to be her friend as she inadvertently demands a lot– but because Artemis pays a great deal of attention to her friends, it is all worth it in the end. Aura knows this all too well, being one of Artemis' closest and oldest friends. The two are practically inseparable, which makes sense since they have been together since Aura knew how to walk. Artemis was the reason Aura could canter before any of her foal friends... that little bird on her shoulder all those years ago was whispering great words of encouragement. Artemis is genuine in her words, carefully selecting and articulating from her broad vocabulary. She knows to be soft spoken with Aura, whereas she can be a little blunter with some of the other trotters of Sugar Apple Stables.

Armed with a powerful intellect and quick-thinking mind, Artemis seems to be able to overcome anything that gets in her way. It's her almost unbearable drive, passion and skill that makes her a force to be reckoned with. If you see Aura and Artemis riding with the wind together, you know nothing's going to stop them.
fruitbat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me