Hearthoot #100 by minifun990

Based on Click to view
Artist minifun990 [gallery]
Time spent 26 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Hearthoot #100

Postby minifun990 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:37 pm

Greetings, mage. So you want to dabble in magic falconry? You're in the right place. Here we dedicate ourselves to the care, training, and utilization, of magic birds. Magic Falconry is not limited to just Falcons and other birds of prey; you'll find many of these birds are reminiscent of other birds with their own magical twists.

So, what are you waiting for? Found a Mews and find your new feathered companion today!

Welcome to MFA #100! Behold, a truly draconic looking hearthoot. To win please tell me how their appearance fits into the world they live in, are they the first of their kind? an omen? a warning? Or just a warm hearted scaly bird?

No word or art limit, feel free to expand on the prompt anyway youd like

Ends 4th of April, chicken smoothie turnover

Code: Select all
      [b]Username;[/b]
      [b]Bird Name;[/b]
      [b]Nicknames;[/b] (optional)
      [b]Physical Description:[/b] Navy blue with gold-blue flame point
      [b]Gender:[/b] M/F/Custom
      [b]Born Magic Type;[/b] [Fire ][ Legendary ]
      [b]Additional Magic #1[/b] leave blank
      [b]Additional Magic #2[/b] #2; leave blank
      [b]Traits[/b]
      [LEG] Bat wings, genesplice (snake/scales)
      [LIM] Alternative Magic
      [NR] Custom lined, feather crest edits

[b]Parents:[/b]
      Founder | Founder

[b]Children:[/b]
      -- [url]Partner[/url]
      -- [url]Child1[/url]
      -- [url]Child2[/url]
      -- [url]Child3[/url]

Last edited by minifun990 on Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"๐’ฒ๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐‘”๐‘œ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐‘”๐‘’๐“‰๐“ˆ ๐“‰๐‘œ๐“Š๐‘”๐’ฝ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐‘œ๐“Š๐‘”๐’ฝ ๐“€๐‘’๐‘’๐“… ๐‘”๐‘œ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘”"

minifun990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Hearthoot #100

Postby DrBubby » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:47 pm

Mark!

Bubby/Haru | He/They/Zephyr
โ™ฅ Partner โ™ฅ

Storkies | Wermz | Cozies

ImageImageImageImage
DrBubby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baobabel » Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:48 am

When younger, Scรกth got tossed in a storm, flung around until she landed in an unfamiliar place. As far as she knows, sheโ€™s the only one like herself in these lands. Others are scared of her because of her terrifying appearance, ability to melt into shadows, and her intense stares the rare times you see her face. Even back home, Scรกth was considered intimidating and walled off. She hasnโ€™t gone out of her way to change people's opinions either. Scรกth enjoys the space people give her when sheโ€™s in public. She doesnโ€™t necessarily want people to think sheโ€™s bad or evil but if a hint of fear keeps them from approaching her when in public, it is worth the privacy. In truth, she prefers solitude and seclusion. Nothing traumatic happened, she's just an extreme introvert that enjoys her own company and few others. One of the rare exceptions to this revolves around games. She has slowly let a few people into her life in this new place mostly because she loves games and you can only play solitaire so many times. Sheโ€™s ruthless and cunning but afterwards is quick to give pointers. She always provides the best refreshments too. Those few that have braved the appearance, or find themselves all alone and in terrible trouble, find she is a sarcastic but humorous individual who does not hesitate to help those in need. Once Scรกth trusts you, youโ€™ve always got someone watching your back.
Baobabel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby โ–บAthenaโ—„ » Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:50 am

My brain is not cooperating with me to make this into a full story, but here was the basic idea I wanted to write about

- As a child they lived in a small community of Hearthoots and looked like the typical Hearthoot
- A wildfire ravaged the community, and this child was trapped with their parents inside their burning home
- They woke in the ashes of their home, transformed into this strange version of a Hearthoot
- The survivors of this small community became afraid and blamed the child they now called Phoenix (died and born again in the flames) for the devastation the wildfire caused
- Scared of how everyone treats them and their magic, Phoenix runs away into an ancient forest
- Many years pass as Phoenix lives alone in the forest, hiding from any travelers and fearful of their own magic
- As the years go by, a community of Storkattens forms on the outskirts of this forest. Phoenix observes them from the shadows and starts to crave the friendships and sense of family he sees in the Storkattens. As he watches them, the Storkies start to sense his presence and realize that this mysterious creature hidden in the forest means no harm.
- Phoenix finally draws up the courage and steps out of the shadowy forest. Gaia, senses the soul of a lost and lonely child in him and welcomes him into her unconventional family while Ignis is able to show Phoenix that his fire magic is not some evil thing to be afraid of.
โ–บAthenaโ—„

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minifun990 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:59 pm

Thankyou both for entering! It was a difficult descision for me to make as I could imagine this hoot fitting into either story well

That being said Ive decided the winner is Baobabel, congrats!
"๐’ฒ๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐‘”๐‘œ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐‘”๐‘’๐“‰๐“ˆ ๐“‰๐‘œ๐“Š๐‘”๐’ฝ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐‘œ๐“Š๐‘”๐’ฝ ๐“€๐‘’๐‘’๐“… ๐‘”๐‘œ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘”"

minifun990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baobabel » Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:36 am

Thank you! I absolutely love this hearthoot!
Username; Baobabel
Bird Name; Scรกth
Nicknames; (optional)
Physical Description: Navy blue with gold-blue flame point
Born Magic Type; [Fire ][ Legendary ]
Additional Magic #1 leave blank
Additional Magic #2 #2; leave blank
Traits
[LEG] Bat wings, genesplice (snake/scales)
[LIM] Alternative Magic
[NR] Custom lined, feather crest edits

Parents:
Founder | Founder

Children:
-- [url]Partner[/url]
-- [url]Child1[/url]
-- [url]Child2[/url]
-- [url]Child3[/url]
Baobabel

My pets
My items