Magic Falconry Magic Contest 2023 - Mind Magic [LEGENDARY] by bakuraas.

Based on Click to view
Artist bakuraas. [gallery]
Time spent 10 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Magic Falconry Magic Contest 2023 - Mind Magic [LEGENDARY]

Postby bakuraas. » Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:16 pm

[PRIMARY NOTE; I do not want to win any of the major rewards for Grand-Prize or Runner Up Placements. This Entry was made to share an idea that I believe would be fun! My Only Desired prize would be if this magic is chosen and I get to keep my design <3]

[Would still like Bonus Content Rewards]

"I know you seek knowledge, that of which I can provide. No, I am not the paragon you seek, but your mind says you don't exactly mind hearing your information from me as long as it's correct. Yes, let me tell you about mind magic, friend."

Mind magic focuses on the processes of thought that occur in another's mind, as well as the dreams one has. Deception and bad intentions are everywhere in the world, but Mind magicians do not need to worry about being unaware of someone's true intent. Even those who seem to have full control of how people perceive them cannot hide their true self from a powerful mind magician.

If you are born into Mind magic, you are typically one of two things. Very smart, or very in tune with how your mind processes emotions, and sometimes it's both. Some may see you as a blessing, others may see you as a curse, but at the very least, you'll know how they perceive you.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Rarity
Mind Magic is a light pink magic with a white circle between it and the pupil, which is typically an even lighter pink. A possible alternate version of this magic is a light purple instead, and might focus more on the dream-walking aspect of mind magic.

No solid rarity in mind, thinking primarily in the limited-legendary category for any/all species.
Domain
Mind Magic Covers, as expected, all aspects of the mind of a sentient being. Primarily through the lenses of thoughts and dreams, both conscious and unconscious. Core aspects to discussion regarding Mind Magic are; Intent, Actions, Thoughts, Feelings, and anything else regarding the mind.

Mind Magic can do, including but not limited to, the following;
- Sense intent behind words, even when they clash
- Assist others in dealing with emotions or trauma through knowledge of their minds
- Interpret, View Into, and Walk through dreams (both their own, and others')
- Identify those with unsavory intent through magical instinct
- Observe their own mental space in order to parse through personal issues
- Identify a sentient creature through brain activity
Leveling Guide
Novice; Default Level
As a Novice Mind Magician, you're taking your first steps in mastering your magic, you as of yet do not find yourself living up to your hopes of being a mind reader. You're good at reading others, and the intent hidden in their words, but not noticeably more so than any mundane individuals.

Access to the Divine Accessory Minor Magic Expression.

Advanced; Unlocked at 100 MP
As an Advanced Mind Magician, you find yourself able to pick up on and understand the unspoken intent hidden between others' words and actions. Understanding this intent could be key in accomplishing whatever your goals may be. In addition, you've finally achieved the level of knowledge required to begin interpreting dreams, though you cannot yet walk through them. Your interpretations may leave some room to be desired, but everyone has to start somewhere.

Adept; Unlocked at 200 MP
As an Adept Mind Magician, You have finally unlocked the insight necessary to read another's thoughts, nearly as clearly as your own. While listening in, on purpose or otherwise, you can glean fully formed sentences from someone else's mind. When someone is deeply asleep, you're now able to finally take your first fleeting glances into another's psyche.

As a Leveling Reward, claim a Gift or Accessory from the Mind Paragon.

Master; Unlocked At 300 MP
As a Master Mind Magician, You've finally truly mastered to art of plucking thoughts from someone else's mind, to the point where you're capable of holding entire conversations non-verbally. Whoever you're speaking telepathically to will recognize the thoughts as not their own. In addition, your short looks into others' dreams has finally developed into being able to fully submerge yourself into their dream, allowing for conversation and interaction beyond the physical realm. However, you still require the dreamer to be truly, deeply asleep.

As a Leveling Reward, claim another Gift or Accessory from the Mind Paragon.
You gain access to the Divine Accessory - Master Magic Expression.

Paragon;
As you have ascended into Paragonhood, you have found yourself with the ability to walk in other's dreams even when they are not truly asleep. This can take the form of day dreams, or while the dreamer is sleeping lightly. You are now also capable of nearly unparalleled mental projection, allowing you to physically interact with another in their own mindspace as if it was the real, physical world.
Magic Expression

Minor Magic Expression
Unlocked at Adept, as soon as your character first begins earning MP.
They may have small patches of fur made of mental dust (pink/purple clouds + sparkles) and have up to 3 floating eye symbols, covering up to 20% of the design. Your character may have glowing eyes.

Master Magic Expression
Unlocked at Master, when your character has reached 300 MP.
They may have patches of mental dust, covering up to 50% of the design. They may also have up to 10 floating eye symbols

Paragon Magic Expression
Unlocked at Paragon
Magic Expression is Unlimited, covering up to 100% of the design. Your Storkatten may now have white pupils. They may have unlimited eye symbols within reason.

[ IMPORTANT NOTE; Due to CS rules, paragons may not have magic expression used for faux-gore. ]
Gifts
Mental Tracking
The ability to pick someone close to you, be it a friend, family member, or loved one. This allows you to track their locations through their thoughts and the images create by their brain. You can only do this with consent, and the amount of time you can track them is determined by the level of your Mind Magic.
Novice - 24 Hours or Less / Advanced- 1 Week / Adept- 3 Months / Master- 5 Years / Paragon- You can track someone for the rest of their life.

Mind Blast
Your character can release an attack that causes the thoughts of surrounding creature to be scrambled for a short period of time, allowing an escape from seemingly inescapable situations. It's frowned upon to use it in situations outside of tournaments and real combat scenarios.
Novice - +1 Bonus / Advanced - +2 Bonus / Adept - +3 Bonus / Master - +4 Bonus / Paragon - +5 Bonus

Divine Gifts
Proof of Intent
Your character has the ability to look at a piece of media of any kind, and see the intent behind those who created the piece of media. Your character can choose if there's a specific individual involved in the creation they wish to look into, or all possible creators- though this is not ideal. This ability is not tied to a magic level, but can only be redeemed after reaching Adept-Level Mind Magic.

Accessories
Beyond-Sight Glasses
A pair of highly decorative glasses with three lenses. Even if the character does not have three eyes, they feel as if they see better wearing them. Highly boosts the capability to learn and improve at a sped up rate.

Dreamy Cloud Scarf
Not actual dream clouds, but might as well be as soft as them. Your mind is naturally calmed when wearing it, allowing you to have a clearer mind as long as you're wearing it. Though you have to take it off eventually...

Thought Diary
It appears like a regular diary- or any sized diary that can be carried by your character. The book automatically writes down things you wish to remember, whether someone said it or thought it. Things written in the thought diary do not erase until their use has run out.
Abstract Prompts
Thoughts | Feelings | Intent | Action | Logic

Detailed Prompts
- (Mind) As a starting Mind Magician, you're bound to get some false positives. Have you ever accidentally assumed someone's intentions incorrectly?
- (Mind) Dreams are strange sometimes, what's the weirdest dream you witnessed? Was it one of your own, or someone else's?
- (Mind) Describe a time when someone's thoughts frightened you.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mind Paragon Story

When you're a child, you like to enter your own mind, and some children are born with a natural inclination to magic, more so than others. It's been said in stories that some paragons were born that way, powerful magicians. Some say that's why some paragons are so childish and cruel with their magic, just being children who grew up magically too fast. For one puff, he was born and raised in the environment for his magic. It seemed like a natural inclination, but there's only so much you can do in his situation.

Whenever his eyes were open, he was alone, locked in a room and given food through a small window. He never knew his parents, or the siblings he apparently had. He had a lot of time to hone his magic, in a constant state of sleeping, eating, and exercise when he could manage it. He was quite self-sufficient for a puff, but the only thing he did not have was awareness of the world. That was, until he had an imaginary friend.

This imaginary friend visited him in a dream at first, and named himself Paragon. At the time, the puff had thought of what a silly name that was. "You wander your dreamscape alone, child. Why? Even for one as young as yourself you sleep so often." The puff tilted his head, told his imaginary friend that he had nothing else to do. Were puffs supposed to do more than eat, sleep, and run around their rooms? Paragon sighed, and wrapped the small puff in his wings. The puff almost felt like it was real. "What is this?" The puff asked. "It's a hug." Paragon replied, through tears that echoed in his mind.

Eventually, Paragon seemed to learn more about the Puff's life, and visited every night in order to greet him, and help him learn about magic. The puff even got a name from Paragon. Stardust. "It's what friends do, don't they?" He would laugh, and the puff would laugh too. He didn't know that names were usually given by parents. Over time, he grew older, and eventually the hearthoot had fully grown into his wings, his room becoming tiny and cramped. He had learned about his magic, and what others thought of it. He had heard the guards of his room call him a monster, fear echoing in their thoughts. One guard however, thought something that made him realize how horrible life had been. 'He was just a puff when he was brought here... there's no way a child would want to kill anybody, but now that he's an adult... if he knew this was a prison and not a safe haven, oh he'd certainly destroy us.'

That night, he asked Paragon what he was, what he really was. He obviously wasn't an imaginary friend, he had done physical work with him in order to help him use his magic. It was then that he learned what Paragon really meant. A master of magic beyond what most mortals could achieve. "Well, why did you visit me? Why did you teach me? Why did you... raise me?" Stardust asked. "Because you needed me. No one else was going to raise you, and... I'll admit, when I saw you, I knew you had potential." Stardust paused, he had certainly gained power, had shifted in ways that he couldn't understand- there was no mirror to see himself in, after all... unless.

For a moment, he saw himself through Paragon's eyes and mind, witnessing a small snake of a hearthoot, with many wings, and a mane of mental clouds. He blinked, and the eyes scribbled around him blinked with him. He blinked again, and he was back in his own mind. "Hah, I see you're already a natural, Stardust." Paragon smiled. "Paragon, do you think...I can be like you some day? Do you think I could...find a way to leave?" With that, Paragon held out a wing. "Would you like to fly with me, and see?"

It felt like flying. It felt like swimming. It felt smooth and fantastical as the two swam through the clouds of the mind. As Stardust was starting to open his eyes, seeing a land of grass and trees that he had never known about before, he heard Paragon's voice. "You're ready. You've trained your whole life for this, after all. And if you need help, I'll always be there for you, like a true parent should."

Stardust woke in a grassy patch of forest, far from his room, far from the guards, far from the mystery of why the world thought him a monster when he was just a child. But he had encountered such thoughts before, and had beaten them down in his own mindspace... instead, he could focus on the joy he felt, on his own thoughts. He could only hear one thing in his head, as he started to tear up.

"I'm free, Oh how beautiful the world outside my mind is."
Last edited by bakuraas. on Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Magic Falconry Magic Contest 2023 - Mind Magic [LEGENDAR

Postby whispering.smaug » Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:56 pm

this is so rad!!!
smaug | adult | they/them

hi im smaug!

me when what if i when me you me what when who

https://toyhou.se/whisperingsmaug
whispering.smaug

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Magic Falconry Magic Contest 2023 - Mind Magic [LEGENDAR

Postby bakuraas. » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:07 am

Was Asked to trait my own bird
magic] mind
nr] feather crest edits, eye shape edits, full eye color
lim] extra eye, minor wing alterations (shorter)
leg] genesplice snake, tail alterations, missing limbs x2
myth] extra wings x3
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery