3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Embrace DB #008

Postby Hush » Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:45 pm

[center]Image

Ticket for Lath
parent1 x parent2

It’s a blitzel
C ❦ breed change (pony), minor feature change (mane), accent color
Last edited by Hush on Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
x
x
x
x
x
x

╔══════════════╗
xxImage
* id #256165
* Pantry Puffs
* Art shop
* Toyhouse
╚══════════════╝
xxxxart credit*stamp credit
Hush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Embrace DB #008

Postby Boghound » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:00 pm

It wasn't a nice day, admittedly. It was raining, storming, hailing -- the whole nine yards. Panama was enjoying the comforts of indoors on such an awful day. He'd curled up in his favourite egg chair and was listening to the rain come down when lightning flashed. It illuminated something nearby in the bushes, just outside of his yard. He curiously got up and went over to the glass door, trying to get a closer look. What was that? He felt compelled to bring it out of the awful weather, but then he'd get his precious feathers wet! Oh well, it was worth it.

Panama's trainer opened the glass door in response to his pecks and squabbles with it. They weren't sure why he wanted to get out into the awful weather, but they wouldn't deny him if he really wanted it. Panama darted outside into the rain, seeking the thing he'd seen. He picked around the bushes and chirped curiously. Where had it gone? It had looked so big from inside... He wandered a bit before finally coming upon it: it was an egg! He began to arduously roll the egg back to the porch of the house. He chirped and tweeted and made a scene until his trainer came back out.

"What did you find, buddy?" they asked, walking to the edge of the porch where he'd pushed the egg. They grabbed it and held it in their hands, inspecting it. "Looks like an egg," they commented, and Panama chirped in agreement. "Well, someone's going to have to sit on it.." their trainer teased, and Panama chirped quickly. He would sit on the egg, of course. It was his baby now. "Here, let's put it in a little nest," the trainer took a moment to gather up some blankets and set them in the little Yamper bed they'd bought Panama. They took a moment to make sure it was just perfect, before setting the egg in the middle. "There, perfect," they exclaimed, watching as Panama scrambled to get on top of the egg.

His legs were a little short, so getting on was a challenge. Once he'd found his cozy spot, though, there was no moving Panama from that spot! He took his meals and his grooming from that very spot. When he had to take a potty break, he was quick to hurry back inside to his waiting baby. The two were inseparable.

That was, until the accident.

Panama had been sitting on his egg dutifully when it happened. The house began to shake, and his trainer yelled for him to take cover. He couldn't just leave the egg! But he had to, and he scurried into a little cubby hole where he'd be safe from falling items. The shaking lasted maybe a minute, and things were thrown off the shelves. When it finally came time to get out of hiding, Panama squawked in dismay! Something had fallen on the egg. He nudged it off, to the side, and was even more upset when he faced the reality that his egg had not left this unscathed.

The egg had a long, distinct crack across the top now. Panama could be heard weeping as their trainer rounded the corner. "Oh no," they whispered, coming to sit down next to Panama. "Poor egg," they mumbled, getting the clutter off of it. "Well, that earthquake got one of us, that's for sure. I think it'll be fine, though," they took a moment to reassure their weeping Torchic. They ran their fingers across the crack, and gave a pleased hum. "Nothing's leaking, and the egg seems okay still. I think it'll be just fine, Pan," they nodded. He looked up from the egg and to his trainer for extra reassurance. They ruffled the feathers on his head in response.

Panama crawled back onto his egg, now extra gentle with his weight. He hoped it would hatch, maybe soon, so he could meet the pokemon inside. That was something he hadn't even really put much thought into: he was sitting this egg, but what was this egg of? He dreamed that it would be something small, something he could teach the ropes of life to.

Only time would tell!

706/700
-
-
-
-
✦✦✦

elijah/eli. they/him. adult. severely mentally ill.
open to dms if you need to chat for whatever reason!
utterly obsessed with kento nanami, my husband.

🦈

✦✦✦

Boghound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Embrace DB #008

Postby Hush » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:49 am