by Mooshyy

Cloudsnapper n.130 - Potions!!!

Postby rainsprout » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:25 pm

grizz is owned by mooshyy

Traits
s: puffed limbs | long tongue
nr: colored sclera | expression change | accessories | scars
c: fur edits | shaped pupils | ears (canine) | longer tusks | mini fangs
uc: any tail (canine) | minor head shape changes (squared) | 2 sets of tusks | cracked tusks

This cloudsnapper is a bit of a loner who lives in the forest. They love collecting herbs for their potions!

To win this snapper just fill out the form below! (The story is optional)
Additionally, to double your odds of winning you can add a story as to why this snapper makes potions
(this must be at least 70 words!)

Code: Select all
[b]Snappers name:[/b]
[b]Story:[/b] (remove if youre not doing the prompt)

closing date is Feb 7th
Last edited by rainsprout on Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

☆ hello, im rain! ☆
self-taught artist. eternally tired.
if you ever need me, my pms are always open!
☆ adult | they/he | infp-t | dyslexic ☆

Image Image Image Image
rainsprout

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Cloudsnapper n.130 - Potions!!!

Postby remy! » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:51 pm

Snappers name: Vadon
Story: Vadon is a traveler and a healer. His potions, though strange in appearance and not particularly tasty, are capable of curing almost any ailment you could think of. Although his potions are powerful and his intentions are pure, he's rarely given a warm welcome due to his general disheveled look and sheer size. Often time he's forced to leave the sick behind because their caretakers are unwilling to trust such a stranger, but he never leaves easy, not without at least trying to prove his intentions.
remy, they/she, gay, autistic, pagan
fr | cs/fr chat | wermz | cloudsnappers | th
doing customs/design trades on this base
remy!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby slasher » Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:36 pm

Snappers name:
Conjuring

Story:
as a young snapper, conjuring (also known as james) lived in a bad environment. his family fell ill to a sickness that had no known cure. his parents gave him the name james at birth but he eventually changed it after they passed.
his whole life he worked on trying to make them better, he tried everything possible.
his scars were caused by him thinking the blood of an animal may help them, which instead nearly killed him.
he makes potions so no other snapper has to go through what he did. he regrets not being able to save his family.
he feels as if he was cursed, since he was the only one that survived, now he does anything he physically can for other snappers.
I’m seeing things a lot more clearly now. I wish things were different.
⍟ vik/viktor
⍟ he/it
⍟ alterhuman & transmasc
But it weren’t us who changed.
slasher

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pparker » Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:45 am

Snappers name:
Gladys

Story: (remove if youre not doing the prompt)
gladys prys her eyes open. the crust gives away easy enough, and any other morning she would find it foul. however, today, she is just grateful for life and any sign of her body doing things a living being should do.

yesterday was a blur. she had left her home, as she does every morning. sun shining, morning dew, birds chirping; all signs of a good morning.

gladys takes a moment to fear that, in retrospect, it was the
last good morning she will ever have.

she hikes the familiar path she always hikes, picking aromatic herbs along the way. gladys is a doctor in these parts. all the moles, cats, squirrels, among many other patients, in this forested area are fond of her gentleness and warm voice.

one more step. SWISH... THEN PAIN. oh the pain! it hit all at once. she must have slipped, rocks scrape her face, her legs.. she squeezes her eyes closed as she falls deeper, deeper. bumping into things on the way down. and she lands. she cant move. her eyes try to flutter open, her heart beats in her ears. and OH, THE PAIN. SHE WILL DO ANYTHING TO MAKES IT STOP.

she holds onto her life by a thread. the smallest, tiniest thread you cna imagine. out of the corner of her eye it glows. a flower.

she isnt sure what compelled her that day, but she reaches her arm out and is able to grab a petal. she drags it through the mud towards her mouth. she eats. and it all goes black.

--------------

gladys' eyes shoot open. still in the pit. she takes a deep, deep breath. her heart is no longer beating, but despite this she is alive. ALIVE. ALIVE. and all she knows is that whatever that flower is... she needs more. she needs it to live. she makes everyday healing medicines, elixirs, and potions for everyone. this time, she needs to make one for herself.
pparker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ninethirtynine_pm » Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:37 am

Snappers name: October
Story: October was once a great potioneer. Now he's retired, and training his apprentice. Melon shows great promise, but he never pays attention to finding the actual potion ingredients. October's exasperatedly teaching Melon how to recognize the simplest of herbs.
hi there! i'm buggy. i like to draw and i have 2 guinea pigs i love very much.
i like the moomin books, mustelids, and watercolor paintings.

ninethirtynine_pm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mooshyy » Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:18 pm

Snappers name: grizz
Story:
Grizz makes potions as a hobby, and a way to make money. He used to just collect herbs for fun and to satisfy his personal need to collect things (he also has a collection of smooth rocks), but after his herb collection was beginning to get unreasonably stuffed, he figured he might as well find a use for the extras and started potion making! He soon discovered a love for crushing herbs and stuff into pastes and mixing the ingredients together. His favorite part is watching the colors magically change. [90 words]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬|
moosh • she/her |▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬|
discord : mooshyy. |▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬|
toyhouse |▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬|
artshop |▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬| carrd |▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Mooshyy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MaroonCookie » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:24 am

Snappers name: Seethe
Story: Initially, Seethe had made potions for rather selfish reasons. He became a bounty hunter when things had become tough, and brewed potions to help in his efforts. Ones to heal him, ones to increase his strength temporarily, whatever may have been useful. Eventually, his need to bounty hunt gradually faded, and with that he began giving his potions to others, who needed them more than him. It only happened a few times at first, him arguing that it would just be once, he had a few extras, and he was a charitable guy so he'd spare a few. But over time, he actively began to seek out people to help, to give his potions to. He branched out into making different kinds of potions, to be able to help more people, and before he knew it he almost acted like a cool uncle of sorts for those that crossed paths with him.

[152 words]
hiya!
you can call me mar or maroon :] just a silly little goober who likes to draw sometimes
she/they
Image Image Image

my besties ^_^ val foxy lemon

check out this cool mobile game called dragon village collection and use my invite code if you're interested ! i want free stuff lol

Image Image
MaroonCookie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PrincessAlexis » Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:43 pm

Snappers name: Seance
Story: Seance makes potions that let you communicate with the dead. They don't come back to life, so to speak (that sort of thing is beyond even his capabilities, vast though they are). However it weakens the bridge between this world and the spirit world, allowing other snappers to communicate beyond the grave. Many use this to say their final goodbyes, or asked a loved one for guidance, however there are those who wish to commune with the ancestors, have spirit guardians of sorts, and all other manner of things. This is how he got his name, Seance. It's a bit of a misnomer though, because only the drinker of the potion sees the dead and hears from them. He doesn't witness what transpires beyond making sure that the drinker of the potion remains safe until it wears off.

Egyptian Razorbacks!
NEW Artist Search ☆ Temporary Hiatus ☆ Our Discord!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageCheck Out My Characters! =)

☆ ☆ ☆ ImageImage Image☆ ☆ ☆

I'm looking for an artist to design a ribbon / rosette base for the Egyptian Razorbacks closed-species competitions. Willing to pay well depending on your skill level. Please PM me with examples of your work.
PrincessAlexis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainsprout » Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:01 pm

closed for rolling!
ImageImageImage

☆ hello, im rain! ☆

Image Image Image Image
rainsprout

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainsprout » Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:28 am

congrats mooshy you won! grizz is all yours :]

edit: thank you all for the cool stories! they were really fun to read and see all the ideas you guys had!
ImageImageImage

☆ hello, im rain! ☆

Image Image Image Image
rainsprout

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me