Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Mysteries of Mitos | Pokemon ARPG (on hiatus) by snipsnops

Based on Click to view
Artist snipsnops [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 55 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
86 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Mysteries of Mitos | Pokemon ARPG (on hiatus)

Postby snipsnops » Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:36 pm

Registration | Create your Starter! | Artist Search | MYOs | Archive | Rarity Guide | Discord
Evolutions | Nursery | Poké Mart | Prompts | Exploring (wip!) | Raids
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

✧ Important note: This arpg is currently on an indefinite hiatus! I made a more in-depth announcement over in the discord server. Thank you to everyone who has supported my little pokemon project! I would love to do more with this aprg when I find the time again. If you have any questions, feel free to dm me!

✧ What's this region like?
      The Mitos region is a region within the Pokemon world that is known for its major scientific discoveries and unique phenomena when it comes to the pokemon living there. Based on the living conditions and other factors yet to be discovered, it is common to see pokemon with differing coloration and markings, unusual typing, and even pokemon fusions out and about in the wild.

The Mitos region is quite large with areas occupied by people and pokemon alike, from technologically advanced cities to natural lush forests. Just like any other region, there are new pokemon and regional variants waiting to be discovered that are unique to Mitos, alongside the established pokemon you may find commonly in other regions. Pokemon from all over the world are brought in to see if they too will be affected by Mitos’s mysterious ways, so it isn’t uncommon to see hundreds of different species.

✧ What's so special about the Pokemon here?
      Just like eevee has an unstable genetic makeup and evolves based on the environment it is in, a similar phenomenon seems to apply to every pokemon in the Mitos region, no matter the species. Eevee in particular is a very common pokemon to see here; some scientists believe eevee (or perhaps an ancestor to eevee) may have originated from this region.

That being said, pokemon fusion is one of the common occurrences here that is quite rare or even unheard of elsewhere. Pokemon fusion occurs when two pokemon have offspring that share traits from both parents, even if they’re not the same species! Scientists have been studying the subject here for decades. Sometimes a pokemon’s species will become so far detached from its original parents that it will develop into an entirely new one! Why and how the pokemon here evolve in this way is still a mystery.

✧ About this ARPG
      The focus of this Pokemon ARPG is simple: to have fun and share our combined love for pokemon, characters, and storytelling! That being said, the rules when it comes to the pokemon are nowhere near strict; just about anything you can think of that you could want to make happen within the pokemon world could happen in Mitos! There’s tons of things planned and a good handful of activities to do. This arpg is also built for activity levels of all kinds. You can be a casual participant, simply competing in adopts every once and a while, or you can dive right in to everything we have to offer to your heart's content! It is also flexible with personal lore preference- your pokemon from this arpg may have pokemon-only centered lore or revolve around trainers; there’s space for all ideas to co-exist!

Now you’re probably ready to go start your journey here in Mitos, but I should give you one last piece of advice before you go! You must be wary of the Underground- a villainous organization who strives to use the wondrous discoveries and pokemon of this region for evil. Sometimes these pokemon may even escape, and will need to be fought or captured… are you up for the challenge?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Last edited by snipsnops on Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:01 pm, edited 14 times in total.

✦ snipsnops | she/her | artist | adult ✦

✦ Animation major, often very busy with school work
✦ Feel free to reach out on discord! @snipsnops
✦ Icon by shadeyenova, sig art by ceruleanwake

about me // toyhouse
snipsnops

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Mysteries of Mitos | Rules

Postby snipsnops » Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:36 pm

How to Play

The Mysteries of Mitos is a Pokemon ARPG that involves completing prompts and small tasks to
level up your Pokemon’s rank and/or gain more Pokemon. Whether it’s for a trainers team, a Pokemon guild,
or a ton of different Pokemon scattered about in different situations, you can level up your starter and gain
more Pokemon to grow whatever your group consists of along the way. Everyone will begin with one
starter Pokemon at rank 1. You will be able to adopt other Pokemon through the main adopts page!

Getting Started
    Step 1) In order to start playing, you must create a place to keep track of all of your Pokemon. Creating a dedicated thread on CS or a folder on toyhouse are two main ways of doing this! Once you’ve done that, have it submitted to the registration thread. Make sure to name your archive; it can be whatever you want it to be, as long as it is appropriate for CS. You may go with a trainer’s team theme, a pokemon guild name, an area they all live in or come from, etc. Proceed here to become registered!

Step 2) Create your starter! Your starter will be your first Pokemon and will help guide you on the start of your journey. The details on which pokemon you can use and other rules will be on the creation page. Proceed here to create your starter!

Step 3) Add your starter to wherever you’re keeping track of your pokemon! Including your starter's name, pronouns, and other basic information is encouraged.

Step 4) Explore the region of Mitos! There are a lot of mysteries that have yet to be discovered. You can gain new Pokemon through the main adopts, or participate in prompts, exploring, events, and raids.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me via PMs here on CS, or via DMs on discord!

Rank System
    Each Pokemon has a rank that corresponds with what levels they’re at! A basic Pokemon will usually start at rank 1. The ranks range from 1-10, each rank containing ten levels.

Rank 1: levels 1-10
    Rank 2: levels 11-20
    Rank 3: levels 21-30
    Rank 4: levels 31-40
    Rank 5: levels 41-50
    Rank 6: levels 51-60
    Rank 7: levels 61-70
    Rank 8: levels 71-80
    Rank 9: levels 81-90
    Rank 10: levels 91-100

A pokemon’s rank will determine how strong it is, how many moves it can learn, and when it can evolve.
Last edited by snipsnops on Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

about me // toyhouse
snipsnops

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Mysteries of Mitos | Rules

Postby snipsnops » Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:37 pm

General Rules:

✧ Be kind and respectful to everyone in the community at all times!

✧ Please read all of the information on the how to play post before joining.

✧ The Mysterious of Mitos is a closed Pokemon arpg, meaning you cannot participate in any adopts, events, etc. until you've been registered. While you may add outside ocs into your Pokemon’s lore, outside characters can’t be used as a part of your official Pokemon roster.

✧ Part of the mechanics will rely on the honor system at times. If you plan on faking the amount of currency, resources, EXP etc. that you have, you will be caught and penalized.

✧ This arpg’s region and lore come from some of my own personal Pokemon ocs that I have decided to share with you all. That being said, please do not steal the ideas, artwork, and/or lore of this arpg. You can implement the lore of the Mitos region into your own worlds/stories as long as I’m credited.

✧ Please keep everything CS appropriate. Anything shared within the community should keep this in mind, whether that be artwork, names, lore, etc. as well as anything sent in the discord.

✧ If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out! You can reach me here through PMs or DMs on discord.

✧ Our community is meant to be fun, safe, and comfortable. If anyone within the community ends up tarnishing any of these aspects for you, please feel free to contact me so that I can help! I do not take serious matters lightly and will take any steps necessary to address any issues.

✧ If you wish to leave the community for whatever reason, please message me (snipsnops) so that your Pokemon can be re-adopted. If you want to transfer your Pokemon out of the arpg, you’ll have to message me and get the designer of the Pokemon’s permission.

Important Notes:

✧ In line with Chicken Smoothie rules, any Pokemon designs within or for this arpg cannot be made in exchange for any type of currency other than the arpg currency, crystal chips.

✧ When making a myo off oekaki, you may not under any circumstances trace over/use official pokemon artwork or bases.

✧ That being said, pokemon within this arpg cannot be sold for any type of currency. You may trade pokemon in this arpg for other pokemon in this arpg, the crystal chip currency, or myos.

✧ There's currently no limit on how many pokemon you can own.

✧ Rules can be updated or changed at any time.
Last edited by snipsnops on Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

about me // toyhouse
snipsnops

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mysteries of Mitos | Pokemon Guide

Welcome to the Mysteries of Mitos Pokemon Guide!
Based on decades worth of research, scientists have come up with a comprehensive guide
that describes the Pokemon of the Mitos region. Here you'll find rarities, myo tiers, and how
different types of pokemon work in this region.

Pokemon Rarities
    There are 5 tiers of rarity within this arpg. All aspects of a pokemon’s design is fair game! Your Pokemon can have fun colors, markings, etc. it’s very common for the pokemon here to be born to adapt to their specific environment.

Using this google doc you can see all the different pokemon options and their corresponding rarities
    (the google doc is anonymous, so feel free to use this as a reference any time!)

Common Pokemon: All pokemon in the green column (all first stage pokemon that can evolve & some pokemon that don't evolve)

Uncommon Pokemon: All pokemon in the yellow column (middle stage evolutions of a 3 stage pokemon line, second evolutions of a 2 stage pokemon line & some pokemon that don't evolve)

Rare Pokemon: all pokemon in the red column (third evolutions in a 3 stage pokemon line)

Mythical Pokemon: this tier includes any mythical pokemon.

Legendary Pokemon: this tier includes any legendary pokemon.

The MYO tickets come in common, uncommon, rare, mythical, and legendary tiers respectively.

Shiny Pokemon
    Since this region’s Pokemon can come in so many different forms, the line between shiny and regular pokemon has become blurred. There are still distinct shiny pokemon, though! Those are of course still a rare sight to see. For example, there may be a green eevee, but that’s because one of its parents could’ve been a grass type. The classic silver eevee is still the shiny variant, though there may be regular eevees who can be confused for one if its fur color is similar to silver. Therefore lot’s of “pseudo-shinies” can be found, but only true shinies will have their famous radiant sparkle.

Pokemon Types
    A pokemon can also be born with a different typing as well. For example, if a pichu is born within a wintery habitat, it may be born and/or grow into having ice type characteristics.

Mutations
    There is also a rare chance for a pokemon to possess a physical trait it usually wouldn’t have, even if it’s a fusion. For example, a standard eevee with wings, an extra set of eyes, an extra tail, etc. may have come from a distant relative or it could be a genetic mutation! A pokemon may also gain new traits it wouldn’t normally have after it evolves.
Last edited by snipsnops on Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

about me // toyhouse
snipsnops

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mysteries of Mitos | Staff

Last edited by snipsnops on Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

about me // toyhouse
snipsnops

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mysteries of Mitos | Pokemon ARPG

Postby kageyenova » Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:38 pm

im so excited it’s happening
Last edited by kageyenova on Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hi im kage.
kageyenova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mysteries of Mitos | Pokemon ARPG

Postby crowthefrostyfloof » Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:52 pm

Mark!