9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

goo-o-ween || haunted skull

Postby !karkat » Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:24 am

diab goob
g1 ; fur, backmane, sparkles/glitter in membrane
g2 ; ears, dripping membrane/goo, single limb replaced by goo
t1 ; facial structure, custom horns, custom tail
t2 ; undead features

this goob looks rather intimidating... to win this goob i want you to tell me how they feel about their appearance! do they wish others weren't as intimidated? or do they enjoy the fear they make others feel?

answer the prompt in whatever way you feel fit! you can either write about it with a minimum of 200 words or illustrate at least a colored sketch with a caption.

ends at the end of november 1st (est time!)

Code: Select all
username :
goob name :
goob pronouns :
prompt :
Last edited by !karkat on Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
!karkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: goo-o-ween || haunted skull

Postby Caeleesi » Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:33 am

username : caeleesi
goob name :tbd
goob pronouns : He/Him
prompt :
The wraith of hollow-woods is his name.
Scaring people in them is his game.

This goobie is a local myth, he lives in the woods by himself, surviving off the land and whatever he personally grows.
He doesn't really mind being a spooky myth of the woods, but honestly? He kind of wished that some goobies would adventure further in and see that he wasn't all that bad- he was a nice guy, he just had a scary reputation. It gets lonely out there in the woods, you know... at least he has his flower farm. He loves them dearly and takes care of them as best as possible.

On goo-o-ween he is more than happy to spook the tourists, though. He even dresses up in a black or white robe to lurk at the edge of the woods with, yelling at people to scare them, then tossing a handful of candy towards them.

He's a bit of a strange guy, to be honest.

i think i ran out of time :")
Last edited by Caeleesi on Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Local Skeleton Queen
DA || || TH || ©
ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ ᴄᴏᴍᴇꜱ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴅᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ
©
ᴘʀᴇᴠɪᴏᴜꜱʟʏ ᴠʀɪꜱᴋᴇʙᴀʙ ʙ)
Caeleesi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bakuraas. » Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:33 am

username : bakuraas.
goob name : Ethmo
goob pronouns : he/they/it
prompt :

mark!!! mark mark mark
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby parker; » Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:33 am

mark c:
parker;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nio » Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:57 am

MARK
sun !! he/she/they/any — adult awst cs th
art queueicon cred
𓆟 𓆝 𓆟

semi-hiatus! focusing on bettering my health ^o^
nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rosemoon » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:29 am

username : Rosemoon
goob name : Rigormortis A.K.A. "Morty"
goob pronouns : He/Him
prompt : How does Morty feel about his appearance? Well it depends on when you ask. If you ask when he's around others, he'll say he loves the fear he instills into the hearts of others. He'll laugh and talk about how he loves the feeling of watching others squirm and run and fear him. If you ask when he's around friends (yes, he has friends!), he'll say he wishes he wasn't so scary so that people would be more comfortable around him.
But if you ask him privately, deep down the truth will come out. The truth? He just doesn't care. He makes strangers believe he loves tormenting them with his looks so that they leave him be and leave him in peace. He makes his friends believe it saddens him to look this way so that they don't judge him for the first thing and feel a sense of pity for him. But honestly? He has no opinion about his appearance.
"Why should I care what someone else thinks of me? Why does their opinion of me matter? Are they making decisions in my life based off of my appearance? Or are they merely just projecting their feelings on me? I should get to decide how I feel for myself. And how I feel is that... I don't care. I just want people to leave me alone, and for my friends to not worry about me as much, but somewhat care a little more than I think they do. Because sometimes I worry they don't care about how I really feel. Maybe I should talk to them about that. But that's neither here nor there, honestly".
Rosemoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PrincessAlexis » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:46 am

username : PrincessAlexis
goob name : Anubis (named after the Ancient Egyptian god of death and afterlife)
goob pronouns : he/him
prompt :

When Anubis was a little goo, he loved that he was so scary and spooky to others. Sometimes he would go to the beach and dig a hole, then hide in the sand so someone would find the skull. Then he'd jump out and holler "Raaaah!!" to scare them. Halloween was his favorite holiday and he rarely bothered to go out, because he liked that others often thought he was already in costume. But someday he realized something -- the attention he got on Halloween was kinder, more outgoing and friendlier than the attention he got the rest of the year. This made him sad and caused him to wish that he had more friends.

He began trying to hide his creepier features, wearing hats on his head and hanging ornaments from the bones of his tail. This made him less jarring to look at because further away he seemed like such a little cutie playing dressup, especially because of his shorter stature. Even as he grew up, he didn't get much taller, and he didn't eat much because he didn't want to get "bigger and scarier" as he would glumly say...

This caused him to remain pretty skinny, to the point where he was grateful that his skull and his tail were black rather than bone white, because others began to mistake him as quite a slim and starving little bean, whom they wanted to care for (at least as long as he was wearing a pair of sunglasses).

He ended up with one primary caretaker, a kindly neighbor named Neteru who delighted in giving out full-sized candy bars every Halloween and on whose doorstep the little skeleton pup often found themselves after there was no one left to care for them at home. Neteru would invite the little one in and cook them all sorts of scrumptious meals, which fattened them up a little bit but this added weight never showed in his face or his tail.

"My my, much as I feed you your head and tail don't seem to be getting any plumper," Neteru remarked one day, while simmering a pot of vegetable stew. From the corner of his eye, Neteru began to see Anubis shift nervously in his seat.

"Well," Anubis began, pulling their hat lower and fidgeting with the many charms adorning their tail, "it kind of runs in the family. My parents were the same way."

"Were?" Neteru asked, a little surprised by this answer. "If you don't mind me asking, who do you live with now?"

Anubis suddenly stood up and started toward the door, "Well I really should be going now, thank you for inviting me in."

"Wait, wait," Neteru said, "you don't have to tell me anything, but please stay and have some of this stew with me. Nahla and Toxic won't be home with the goos for a few hours, and I would hate for all of this to go to waste..."

Anubis nodded and sat back down. They talked about other things, everything else except for the elephant in the room. And that night when Anubis left, Neteru sent him home with a new scarf and a pair of gloves, 'because it might be chilly out tonight'. Anubis suddenly realized that Neteru understood, without being told, that Anubis had no one to care for him. He was already aware that the goos were adopted - Chaos had been found in a graveyard, living on mushrooms and grass, and Anemone swam out of the ocean and followed them home from the beach one day. Anubis had never heard the story about how Butterfly came to live with them but instinctively knew that he would be welcome here, especially now that the cat was out of the bag.

Still, he didn't want to rush things but he began going over to Neteru's house earlier in the day and staying later in the evening. One day, when it was snowing, Neteru finally asked the question that Anubis had been waiting to hear. "Would you care to stay here? I mean, it will be very cold tonight and you know that you're always welcome."

But there was still one big hurdle to face. Anubis was very embarassed about his scary appearance these days and worried greatly about whether the others would accept him if they knew the truth. "Before you ask me that, I think you should see how I really look. You know, see if you'd still want someone like this around."

Neteru already knew the answer, even without seeing what was behind the goofy clothing, but he knew this was a big moment for Anubis. "Alright, I think that's fair. Show me the real you, and let's see if you can frighten me off."

Anubis slowly removed his hat, showing off his little diab horns. Neteru was an agel, but there were plenty of diabs in the family... this was the easy part... he pulled the hat lower then, showing his skull, of which only the very tip usually poked beyond his hat.

"Aww, you've a cute face, little one. I don't see what there is to worry about." Neteru said, smiling warmly.

Then Anubis pulled the charms from his bony tail, wagging it a bit to show how the bones and goo don't quite connect, but rather float in space a bit. In response, Neteru reached up and wiggled his own halo, with a chipper, "This isn't really attached either."

Finally, with great reluctance, Anubis removed his sunglasses. It was apparent that he had no eyes, only two bony sockets that led into the depths of his skull. A less tactful goob could have marveled at the fact that he could still see, and what a blessing that was, but Neteru knew that Anubis didn't see anything positive about his appearance or else he wouldn't have been trying so desperately to cover it up. That was what he needed a compliment on,

"Well well well there, I think you'd bet I'd be surprised but you're forgetting that you came to me this way several times, one Halloween after another. I always thought you had the very best costume, but what I realize now is that you just look fantastic in general! Imagine, no one could have created such a marvel from plastic or rubber masks, this is the real you, and you are absolutely amazing! However, I have to tell you that going trick or treating without a costume is cheating and if you want to live in this house you will dress up for Halloween or you have to be the one who stays home and passes out the candy."

Neteru winked then, and Anubis was overcome with such happiness that he felt his heart would burst. No one but his parents had every loved or accepted him for his appearance, and hearing from them that he was handsome had always felt a bit fake, like of course they would think that, they were his parents, duh! But knowing that someone who was once a stranger could really care for him despite his looks raised his spirits so high that he felt as though he were soaring through the sky on the fluffiest of clouds!

When he was properly introduced to the rest of the family, they accepted him without batting an eye, having not really known as Neteru did the true depths of his struggles with body image. They didn't know how hard it was for him to reveal his true form, but when he did so they embraced him with open arms and he felt quite at home.

These days, if you asked Anubis how he felt about his appearance, he would say that he likes it just fine. He knows he is a bit spooky, but it keeps away those with impure hearts, who wouldn't see beyond the surface, and he likes that type to stay as far away from him as they please, thank you very much! After all, his true friends don't see his body, they see his soul.

((Sorry the story is so long, TLDR; he liked being scary as a baby, when he got older he felt self-conscious about others feeling weird around him, then when he finds a family who loves him despite his looks he accepts himself and starts to feel happy that he is keeping the shallow people away because he doesn't want them in his life if they're not good people)).

Egyptian Razorbacks!
NEW Artist Search ☆ Temporary Hiatus ☆ Our Discord!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageCheck Out My Characters! =)

☆ ☆ ☆ ImageImage Image☆ ☆ ☆

I'm looking for an artist to design a ribbon / rosette base for the Egyptian Razorbacks closed-species competitions. Willing to pay well depending on your skill level. Please PM me with examples of your work.
PrincessAlexis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragoness129 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:07 pm

username : dragoness129
goob name : Bonemarrow
goob pronouns : He/him
prompt : Bonemarrow revels in the fear that the other Goobs feel when looking at him. He does not desire to be around others. It makes him feel a sense of great power when others are frightened of him. As they should be. The things in the dark and the spirits are the only ones he needs to feel complete. His solitude lets him connect with things unseen at a deeper level. Even those creatures of the night, those who live in the darkness are wary of getting too close to this Goobie.

A curious creature may wonder how Bonemarrow might exist or function in every day life. It does appear that he has no eyes to see. This does not stop Bonemarrow. It is by magic that he can perceive the world around him. There are whispers from Goobies who are brave enough to look at this Goobie for a time that say they see a flicker of green, blue, purple, or even red flame deep inside the dark skull. The colors vary depending on who retells the story.

Because of his connection to the dark arts, Bonemarrow is able to conjure things even more terrifying than himself. While he would not wish those things to harm others, especially those who are innocent, the conjured things can be a good protection. Though he has not had a specific need for their protection, he likes hanging out with them and learning their tales of an even stranger world.

Bonemarrow can hear the whispers of the dead even more clearly than some of the psychic Goobies in the world. His own soul seems to be a bright beacon for all spirits. He does not shame any of them for the way they have lived their lives and how they react in their death. He only wishes to hear their tales and be a voice for them should they have need of it.
dragoness129

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby !karkat » Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:27 pm

extended to the end of tomorrow! (1st of nov.)
!karkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby !karkat » Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:40 pm

PrincessAlexis wrote:username : PrincessAlexis
goob name : Anubis (named after the Ancient Egyptian god of death and afterlife)
goob pronouns : he/him
prompt :
—cut—

congrats on winning anubis! oh my god ur story made me nearly tear UP it was so sweet :’O
!karkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me