Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Starbitten | Announcement pg6 by HEXORCISM

Based on Click to view
Artist HEXORCISM [gallery]
Time spent 8 hours, 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 10
45 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Starbitten | Announcement pg6

Postby HEXORCISM » Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:38 am

NAVIGATION
archive & bankxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
customs
✧ nursery artist search
✦ archive updatesxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
discord
✦ shop
artist search
✦ nurseryxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Affectionately referred to as Starbitties, Starbitten are long, dragon-like beings that drift through endless space. Their range in size is vast -- as small as a medium dog to large enough to have their own nebulas and galaxies! This wide variety is the result of multiple subspecies that have appeared due to the ever-growing expanse that is the universe, preventing Starbitten colonies from ever meeting. The average Starbitten is classified as an STBN-Q, but the largest nebula-bearing Starbitten are separately classified as STBN-SGs.

Their cores are thought to be made of the remnants of long-dead stars – bits for the smallest and, sometimes multiple, entire stars for the largest. Starbitten do not have traditional bones and instead are extensions of their cores! They have no internal organs and have no use for a mouth, but it is not uncommon to see some Starbitten that have mutated mouth-like passages that can store food or carry young. There are rumours that the largest Starbitten may contain black holes rather than storage cavities.

ANNOUNCEMENTS
Last edited by HEXORCISM on Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:29 pm, edited 10 times in total.
HEXORCISM

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HEXORCISM » Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:39 am

R U L E S
    The full rules can be found in this Google Doc; they are pretty standard. They are the same rules albeit a bit more detailed to help prevent loopholes, answer questions, and keep this page a little less cluttered. There are no hidden rules; most rules completely left out on this page are reiterations of CS rules which should be followed regardless. Both this page and the document will be updated in the event any rules are added or removed. If you have questions, please try checking the document first.

While this link leads to the Avlien document, the rules are very similar. There may be small differences.
      Rules regarding editing, revamping, or otherwise changing the appearance or traits of an existing Starbitten can be found on the [Customs & Revamps] thread.

GENERAL
            ✦ Respect other users, their characters, and these rules. By extension, guilt-tripping, harassment, bribery, and similar behaviour will not be tolerated.
              ✦ You can own as many Starbitten as you'd like.
                ✦ There is a 2 day cooldown for Auto-Buys (ABs).
                  ✦ Banned users’ Starbitten will not be readopted. Starbitten of banned users will be ‘dormant’; new, unbanned owner(s) may reinstate them.
                    ✦ Items of banned users are voided and cannot be sold or traded. If so chosen, the user may gift their items. In the event of an accepted appeal, items will be reinstated.
                      ✦ Voided & dormant Starbitten cannot be used to participate in the species; their archive entries will be edited to reflect that.
                        ✦ Starbitten are a closed species; you may not make your own without an MYO or proper permission.
                          ✦ Starbitten may not be co-owned.
                            ✦ MYO / Custom Starbitten must be approved before they can be used / archived.
                              ✦ Rules may change at any point in time without any prior notice. However, we will do our best to make note of any changes.
                                ✦ Failure to abide by rules may result in a warning and / or ban. Bans may be permanent or temporary. This includes using loopholes to get around rules.
                                TRADING, GIFTING, & SELLING
                                    ✦ Starbitten may not be gifted, sold, or traded to banned users under any circumstances.
                                      ✦ When trading / selling / gifting Starbitten, the new owner(s) must be informed of these rules and agree to follow these rules.
                                        ✦ Once traded or sold, there is nothing that can be done to force a return.
                                          ✦ Starbitten originally bought with real or digital currencies may be resold, but for no more than their total worth.
                                            ✦ Starbitten won with pets, items, or other game assets (excludes digital currencies) may not be sold for real or digital currencies. They may be traded or gifted.
                                              ✦ Starbitten with additional paid art may be sold. The sale price must not exceed the total worth of the paid art.
                                                ✦ Starbitten may be sold for Bits (the species' own currency) regardless of how they were obtained.
                                                  ✦ Bits may not be sold for real currencies, digital currencies, or traded for game pets or items with other users. Its use is strictly for Starbitten-related buying / selling. Bits may be gifted between users freely.
                                                    ✦ A user may gift as many Starbitten as they would like with no cooldown.
                                                      ✦ A Starbitten may be traded at any time. Proof must be provided at the time of posting.
                                                        ✦ If trading for another species, this trade must also follow any rules of that species.
                                                          ✦ A Starbitten may only be sold 1 week after it is initially received.
                                                            ✦ Monthly MYOs (MMYOs) cannot be gifted, traded, or sold. This also applies to any other items labelled as 'user-bound.'

VOIDING & DORMANCY
                                                              Dormant Starbitten can be reinstated by non-banned users at any time as long as they meet any required criteria, if any. While dormant, they cannot be used to participate in the species.
                                                              A dormant Starbitten may just need a redesign or to be owned by a non-banned user to be available again!

In the case of forced redesigns, no MYOs or edit items will be needed, the redesign will be completely free. The Starbitten will be required to be of the same rarity / traits. Forced redesigns will be a rarity and will only be used in cases where theft and / or inappropriate representation is used.

Voided Starbitten cannot be reinstated without a proper MYO in addition to being owned by a non-banned user, as they’ve been completely removed from the species. Voids will only happen through owner decisions (filling out a form) and / or in extreme cases. Voided Starbitten are not the result of a ban in most cases, of which dormant Starbitten will usually be the outcome.
                                                              Last edited by HEXORCISM on Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
                                                              HEXORCISM

Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:42 am
                                                              My pets
                                                              My items
                                                              My wishlist
                                                              My gallery
                                                              My scenes
                                                              My dressups
                                                              Trade with me

T R A I T S
                                                                A visual trait guide for some of the more non-traditional traits can be found [here].
                                                                Traits marked with * require specific traits to be used.

The animated markings trait does not need to be used for twinkling stars or sparkles.
                                                                Core(s) can be anywhere on the neck (below the jawline) or breast without requiring the ‘moved core’ trait.

NONRARITY
                                                                    "Free" traits. These do not have to be listed.
                                                                      accessories ✦ coloured sclera ✦ fur/feather edit (length, texture; manes, backmanes, & hair fall under this trait) ✦ heterochromia ✦ leg scales ✦ pupil edit ✦ scars & injuries ✦ shaped scales ✦ sparkles / extra shine / iridescence / etc ✦ visible mouth (snout only) ✦ weight edit ✦ whiskers

PLANETARY
                                                                          beaked snout ✦ bioluminescence ✦ decorative feathers ✦ frill ✦ horns (up to 2) ✦ magma ✦ side scales ✦ small wings ✦ star bits ✦ tail length edit ✦ tongue edit* ✦ vents

INTERSTELLAR
                                                                              antennae ✦ blank eyes ✦ constellations ✦ “dragon” whiskers and/or barbels ✦ ears ✦ extra core (+1) ✦ extra eyes ✦ extra scales ✦ galactic goo™ ✦ leg length edit ✦ moved core ✦ paws ✦ planetary rings ✦ shaped core ✦ snout length edit ✦ tail edit

NEBULAR
                                                                                  body length edit ✦ colour change ✦ extra limbs ✦ fins ✦ galaxy eyes ✦ gem growth / replacement ✦ horns (more than 2) ✦ large wings ✦ multiple mouths ✦ spikes/spines ✦ split limbs ✦ vent discharge* ✦ visible mouth (elsewhere) ✦ water

GALACTICAL
                                                                                      animated markings ✦ exposed core ✦ extra cores (up to +3) ✦ glass (+ aquarium, terrarium, etc.) ✦ nebula tears ✦ plant growth ✦ second head

ASTRONOMICAL
                                                                                          cybernetics ✦ food traits ✦ three heads

BANNED
                                                                                              nose edit you can have one (1) nose edit with the hognosed mutation.
                                                                                                Last edited by HEXORCISM on Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:53 pm, edited 6 times in total.
                                                                                                User avatar
                                                                                                HEXORCISM

Posts: 3948
                                                                                                My pets
                                                                                                My items
                                                                                                My wishlist
                                                                                                My gallery
                                                                                                My scenes
                                                                                                My dressups
                                                                                                Trade with me

M U T A T I O N S
                                                                                                  A visual trait guide for some of the more non-traditional traits can be found [here].

Mutations are applied at random and none are any rarer than the others. They are typically event-exclusive or rewards for special competitions, but may rarely be found in the shop or given away. Every trait listed underneath the mutation does not need to be used, however the Starbitten should have at least one of the bolded traits.

Image
                                                                                                      FADED
                                                                                                        The Starbitten seems to be fading, almost as if it were becoming a ghost.

WEBBED
                                                                                                            Wings, whiskers, and other traits may resemble a spider's web. The feet may also be spider-like.

SUSPENDED
                                                                                                                The Starbitten’s body seems to behave as if a liquid… but parts float away like it’s some sort of space lava lamp. It doesn’t seem to bother the Starbitten.

ALIEN
                                                                                                                    There are odd growths coming off of the Starbitten, often ending in bulbous shapes. There may or may not be odd ridges and vent-like structures.

CHITINOUS
                                                                                                                        Sections or the entirety of the Starbitten may be covered in an exoskeleton. Limbs and mouthpieces may resemble an insect’s. The eyes may also mutate.

HORRIFIC
                                                                                                                            Nightmarish Starbitten with tentacles. Some may also have pharyngeal jaws, multiple rows of teeth, and eyes in places they shouldn’t be.

HOGNOSED
                                                                                                                                The Starbitten's nose has been pushed up, and resembles that of a hognose snake or pig. Sensory pits may exist along the snout.

SNOWBITTEN
                                                                                                                                    ???

SNOWGLOBE
                                                                                                                                        ???
                                                                                                                                        Last edited by HEXORCISM on Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
                                                                                                                                        User avatar
                                                                                                                                        HEXORCISM

My pets
                                                                                                                                        My items
                                                                                                                                        My wishlist
                                                                                                                                        My gallery
                                                                                                                                        My scenes
                                                                                                                                        My dressups
                                                                                                                                        Trade with me

User avatar
                                                                                                                                          HEXORCISM

My pets
                                                                                                                                          My items
                                                                                                                                          My wishlist
                                                                                                                                          My gallery
                                                                                                                                          My scenes
                                                                                                                                          My dressups
                                                                                                                                          Trade with me

Postby HEXORCISM » Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:40 am

User avatar
                                                                                                                                            HEXORCISM

My pets
                                                                                                                                            My items
                                                                                                                                            My wishlist
                                                                                                                                            My gallery
                                                                                                                                            My scenes
                                                                                                                                            My dressups
                                                                                                                                            Trade with me

User avatar
                                                                                                                                              HEXORCISM

My pets
                                                                                                                                              My items
                                                                                                                                              My wishlist
                                                                                                                                              My gallery
                                                                                                                                              My scenes
                                                                                                                                              My dressups
                                                                                                                                              Trade with me

User avatar
                                                                                                                                                HEXORCISM

My pets
                                                                                                                                                My items
                                                                                                                                                My wishlist
                                                                                                                                                My gallery
                                                                                                                                                My scenes
                                                                                                                                                My dressups
                                                                                                                                                Trade with me

Postby HEXORCISM » Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:41 am

User avatar
                                                                                                                                                  HEXORCISM

My pets
                                                                                                                                                  My items
                                                                                                                                                  My wishlist
                                                                                                                                                  My gallery
                                                                                                                                                  My scenes
                                                                                                                                                  My dressups
                                                                                                                                                  Trade with me

Postby HEXORCISM » Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:41 am

ayo u can post now
                                                                                                                                                  ill get around to the other posts later
                                                                                                                                                  ImagexxxImage
                                                                                                                                                  you should totally click them.xxxxxpfp
                                                                                                                                                  User avatar
                                                                                                                                                  HEXORCISM

My pets
                                                                                                                                                  My items
                                                                                                                                                  My wishlist
                                                                                                                                                  My gallery
                                                                                                                                                  My scenes
                                                                                                                                                  My dressups
                                                                                                                                                  Trade with me