Rocky Mountain Mini Drafts #007 by .ludicrous.

Based on Click to view
Artist .ludicrous. [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 29 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Rocky Mountain Mini Drafts #007

Postby .ludicrous. » Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:43 pm

This breed of mini drafts, a mix that was started between Haflingers and Icelandic Horses, was established in the early 1900s to assist in the development of roadways and hiking trails within Banff National Park up in Canada. Their broad chests and fluffy winter coat make living up in the cold Rockies bearable, and their densely muscled bodies make all the hard work they typically do possible for such a small breed of draft horse. Their size range varies, coming in around 13hh-15hh, with the tallest horses being only 15.0hh.

They tend to make a much better working horse rather than show horse and can often be used for carriage pulling and pulling farm equipment. They can still be ridden though despite being great working horses, and have retained the same unique gaits that Icelandic Horses are known for, the 'tölt' and 'skeið' gaits. They are typically hard working, easy going, and spirited horses, making for a great working or riding companion.

In recent years, the breed has come back into the spotlight after it had been more or less abandoned within the park and surrounding areas. Locals took it upon themselves to set up an event during the warmer months of the year to catch the wild horses, know as the "Summer Mini Round-Up". During the round-up, people from across the world can come and watch the horses parade through the main thoroughfare, making sure to keep an eye out on any horses they'd like to adopt after they've all been herded into the auction fields.

Personal Custom for the month of July!
we're going to ignore the fact I posted this on the main page instead of the customs page

Username: Owl_Roast
Barn Name:

Eye Color: That moment when the sun hits the water just right. (Heterochromia)
Phenotype: Seal Cream Brindle Frame Overo
Genotype: Ee AtAt Crcr Oo +brindle

.ludicrous.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me