Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

☆ welkins v2.5 ☆ : revamped! <open> by corvidous

Based on Click to view
Artist corvidous [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 55 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

☆ welkins v2.5 ☆ : revamped! <open>

Postby corvidous » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:13 pm

navigation:

| home | shop | co-op archive | nursery | trading/gifting | discord |explore |v1 | v2

welcome!

Welkins live on a gaseous planet that orbits a sun-like star. Their home planet has two moons, and the moons' gravity has pulled rocks from the planet's core, creating floating islands. Welkins thrive on these floating islands above the gaseous planet that exists below, using their head wings and massive arms to navigate the columns of air between the islands. Their large wing like arms allow them to grip the sides of these islands to climb up, but also allow them to build and sculpt from the minerals they mine from the islands! Thankfully, their tough, gem-like paw pads and claws are durable enough that they don't get hurt during these climbs. Due to their dense fur, Welkins don't require clothing, but some decide to wear it anyways as a fashion statement.

Welkin society is a welcoming, bright one where creativity abounds. They celebrate several times a year, and the manners of celebration vary from crystal collection and offerings for the end of the harvest, to creating large plant displays in celebration of the summer solstice, to gift giving at the beginning of a new year for good luck.

New Welkin are created from infusing crystals from the island with gas from the planet's core. One, two, or more parents will aid in gathering the crystals and where to bring the crystal to the core for the gas. This gives them a perfect balance between the earth in the sky with the gas from the ground, imbuing them with the ability to read the planet's thermal columns so that they can fly. Welkin have no assigned gender at birth as they don't have reproductive organs, meaning that they can identify however they like and create offspring with any other unrelated adult Welkin. Traits from the parent Welkins are passed on to the children through runes engraved on the crystal(s) surface. Welkin carry their children in their pouch until they are able to get around between islands themselves!

rules:

1: be polite - no guilt tripping, begging, attacking other people in the community, bullying, etc.
    2: no re-selling for more than you bought them for - this is a for-profit species, meaning that some will be USD/C$/pet sales. Without additional art, you may not resell for more than the purchase value. Free Welkins may not be resold, but may be traded for other species and species' items, other Welkins and Welkin items, and art.
    3: Welkins are obtained as is - you may only change a Welkin with the proper items, permission, etc. You may add things such as accessories, items, scars, without permission or edit items.
    4: Welkins do not need to 'fit' species lore in your personal settings, character development, etc. However, events will have ARPG like elements that will require your Welkin to be 'in universe' for the prompts.
    5: Welkins may not be copies of existing fandom characters, designs, etc. They must be unique designs.
    6: Staff may take commissions for customs in any currency (USD, C$, etc.), and sell a premade Welkins.
    7: Each artist must make at least two free Welkins every month to be able to considered active and have access to the unlimited hallpass for their own customs.
    8: all welkins must link back to this thread. you must credit me if uploaded to th - pa_ro
    9: welkins from v1 + the usermade adoptable 'smol' lines may be transferred onto the new lines with the use of a transfer item, but may participate in the community without being transferred.

stamp:
Code: Select all
[url=updating...][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/440910792792080387/951680381025927268/stampmyb.png[/img][/url]

staff list:
paro

(owner)

trait list:
click here for a visual guide. (needs updating)

common:
(2 ribbons)

fur edit
ear edit
tail edit
mouth edit
hair
horns
teeth
claws/talons
ribbon edits (size/shape)
tongue edit
rare:
(6 to 8 ribbons)

genesplice
capsule
transparency
goop
elemental
multi heads
2+ tails
halos
living body parts
unliving body parts
exposed bone
glitch
uncommon:
(3 to 5 ribbons)

eye edits
wing edits
2+ ears
scales
feathers
glow
body wings
antennae
hand/paw edits
nose edits

non-rarity:
scars, custom lines, height/weight, general design 'traits' such as blood color, heterochromia, albino, melanistic, and chimera, accessories, missing limbs, magic, companions, expression, blindness, etc.

banned:
no headwings (natural - a welkin may loose wings to injury but it cannot pass), no ribbons**, no tail
**UMA/v2 off-oekaki lines lack ribbons - they need ribbons added if transferred, but do not need to be updated to participate. they are legal.

Last edited by corvidous on Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
corvidous

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ☆ welkins v2.5 ☆ : revamped! <open>

Postby eyesemote » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:39 pm

omg omg omg omg, mark! (if that's okay!)
just here for cleaning
eyesemote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corvidous » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:57 pm

Gr33dQU33N wrote:omg omg omg omg, mark! (if that's okay!)

marks are all good! i have all the info listed on the first post already
hello

---------

he / they
corvidous

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Prince Audric » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:16 pm

Mark!
Quote from Assassins Creed
Prince Audric

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grafaiai » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:45 pm

mark :o

adult 🐸 xe/he 🐵 trashguts
aka tg, cricket, weevil
🐛
discord : trashguts
...but! be warned that i am not
much of a conversationalist

toyhou.se : trashguts
prone to Experiencing Mental Health,
please understand
🦟
adopt & base usage TOS
art shop thread!
🪳
i have lots of free toyhou.se
codes, message me for one
🦗
C4C / AMA / art thread / <3
grafaiai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:24 am

squishy
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corvidous » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:10 am

rem sleep wrote:
      squishy

Yeess they are

Last bumped by corvidous on Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:10 am.
hello

---------

he / they
corvidous

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me