Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

☆ welkins : v2 posted in comments! by corvidous

Artist corvidous [gallery]
Time spent 5 hours, 49 minutes
Drawing sessions 9
53 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

☆ welkins : v2 posted in comments!

Postby corvidous » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:43 pm

v2 here! Off oekaki!

welcome!

Welkins live on a gaseous planet that orbits a sun-like star. Their home planet has two moons, and the moons' gravity has pulled rocks from the planet's core, creating floating islands. Welkins thrive on these floating islands above the gaseous planet that exists below, using their head wings and trailing feathers to navigate the columns of air between the islands. Their large wing like arms allow them to grip the sides of these islands to climb up, but also allow them to build and sculpt from the minerals they mine from the islands! Thankfully, their tough, gem-like paw pads and claws are durable enough that they don't get hurt during these climbs.

The number of trailing feathers a Welkin has doesn't determine social standing or anything like that, but does relate to how many unique features they have. Two feathers, one for each shoulder, is the most common, however some individuals may have up to ten total! Due to their dense fur, Welkins don't require clothing, but some decide to wear it anyways as a fashion statement.

Welkin society is a welcoming, bright one where creativity abounds. They celebrate several times a year, and the manners of celebration vary from crystal collection and offerings for the end of the harvest, to creating large plant displays in celebration of the summer solstice, to gift giving at the beginning of a new year for good luck.

New Welkin are created from infusing crystals from the island with gas from the planet's core. One, two, or more parents will aid in gathering the crystals and where to bring the crystal to the core for the gas. This gives them a perfect balance between the earth in the sky with the gas from the ground, imbuing them with the ability to read the planet's thermal columns so that they can fly. Welkin have no assigned gender at birth as they don't have reproductive organs, meaning that they can identify however they like and create offspring with any other unrelated adult Welkin. Traits from the parent Welkins are passed on to the children through runes engraved on the crystal(s) surface.

rules:

1: be polite - no guilt tripping, begging, attacking other people in the community, bullying, etc.
    2: no re-selling for more than you bought them for - this is a for-profit species, meaning that some will be USD/C$/pet sales. Without additional art, you may not resell for more than the purchase value. Free Welkins may not be resold, but may be traded for other species and species' items, other Welkins and Welkin items, and art.
    3: Welkins are obtained as is - you may only change a Welkin with the proper items, permission, etc. You may add things such as accessories, items, scars, without permission or edit items.
    4: Welkins do not need to 'fit' species lore in your personal settings, character development, etc. However, events will have ARPG like elements that will require your Welkin to be 'in universe' for the prompts.
    5: Welkins may not be copies of existing fandom characters, designs, etc. They must be unique designs.
    6: Staff may take commissions for customs in any currency (USD, C$, etc.), and sell a premade Welkins.
    7: Each artist must make at least two free Welkins every month to be able to considered active and have access to the unlimited hallpass for their own customs.
    8: im prob gonna add more to this eventually

Last edited by corvidous on Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:49 am, edited 8 times in total.
corvidous

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

traits and staff

Trait List:

non-rarity:- can be used without need for edit items or changing rarity.
whiskers, heterochromia, colored sclera, claw edits, height/weight edits, piebald,
melanism, albinism, clothes and accessories, missing limbs + prosthetics, scars + birthmarks, accessories, pets/companions,
iris/pupil shape changes, blank eyes, etc.

common: - 2 trailing feathers
ear edits, tail edits, mouth/teeth/tongue edits, horn edits (any amount, any shape, any texture, head only),
hair edits, fur texture edits, fur tufts

uncommon: - 3 to 5 trailing feathers
large eye edits (shape, missing, extra eyes, cyclops, etc.), glow, large wing edits (wing shape change, size change, etc.), additional wings and tails, feathers, scales, trailer feather edits, fur length change, additional ears

rare- 6 to 8 trailing feathers
goop and transparency, body spikes, genesplice, elemental traits, halos/magic, capsule body, 2 heads

??? - 9 to 10 feathers
???

Last edited by corvidous on Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
hello

---------

he / they
corvidous

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: welkins

just one more in case

Likely calender of events??
Warning/ban list
Last edited by corvidous on Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
hello

---------

he / they
corvidous

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VashTheStampede » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:30 pm

mark :eyes: if allowed now kjdfgkfdjg

ImageArt shopImageLF artImage
/ Vash / He/Him /
VashTheStampede

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cecro » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:35 am

mark if im allowed to

hello!
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
they/he pronouns
autistic
toyhouse: cecro
discord: wormies3486
past user: kroger

cecro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: welkins : open for marks

Postby -Aeris » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:42 am

m
-Aeris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dinosaurpark » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:47 am

mark
hi! I'm going to be semi-active. I wont check in too often, and it will be easier to contact me on toyhouse (found on my profile in websites). Likely will only be using for the art forums.
pfp by alienautism on TH
Dinosaurpark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 13core » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:43 am

!! Mark :0