Range Trotter #2227 by BluebonnetBree

Based on Click to view
Artist BluebonnetBree [gallery]
Time spent 41 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #2227

Postby BluebonnetBree » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:53 pm

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

Long time no see everyone! I have returned from my hiatus and will hopefully be staying for a while. I'm going to do better this time to not get in over my head. This kiddo was sitting in my saved drawings for a while so I figured they needed someone to take them. For this competition tell me something that you're really interested in!
End Date: June 27th

Username: Pandapop
Show Name: "EVS" Try, Try Again
Barn Name: Abel

Height: 14hh
Eye Color: Grape Juice
Phenotype: Seal Brown Tobiano Sift
Genotype: Ee/Ata/Toto/Sisi
Last edited by BluebonnetBree on Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BluebonnetBree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #2227

Postby Boghound » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:00 pm

Username: Silco
Show Name: BKD's Under My Feet
Barn Name: Pool Noodle
Height: 14.2hh
Halter Color: Artist's choice
Prompt: Lately I've really been into candy making videos. I think the whole process is fascinating and fun to watch.
-
-
-
-
✦✦✦

elijah/eli. they/him. adult. severely mentally ill.
open to dms if you need to chat for whatever reason!
utterly obsessed with kento nanami, my husband.

🦈

✦✦✦

Boghound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ►Athena◄ » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:21 pm

Username: ►Athena◄ 
Show Name: ORT Laughter is the Best Medicine
Barn Name: Aguefort
Height: 14.2hh
Halter Color: Faded Red
Prompt: I'm currently obsessed with several shows on Dropout TV (content warning: frequent inappropriate language/content). The crew of Dropout is made up of young adult comedians and actors, and they have comedic sketches, game shows, and play D&D. There's so many hilarious shows, and I love all the crew. If I ever need a good laugh, I can throw on any of their content.
►Athena◄

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pandapop » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:10 pm

Username: Pandapop
Halter Color: Matching eyes
Prompt:

I've recently, within the past couple of months, tried to get into growing and keeping succulents. I've been interested in them for a very long time and this year a few home and garden stores around here were carrying them! Various species and even tiny cacti in adorable little pots. I grabbed myself a few of the smaller single succulents with the intent to arrange them in a bowl of my own, but later on found out that... well, keeping them alive wasn't as easy as I anticipated. Turns out they're a lot more sensitive than quick Google searches (and employees of said stores) will lead you to believe.

I'm learning more and more as I try to revive them, even going so far as to purchase seeds online (mixed lithops, "moonstones", voodoo sedum and a few others!) to maybe grow some of my own from scratch, since... I don't think the ones I bought pre-grown adapted too well to the soil change (I even specifically bought the proper soil for them, which they did not have at the store). Some of these seeds are beginning to spout! I'm excited to see if any others start popping up within the next couple of weeks.

I've never been a green-thumb and try as I might, a lot of my plants and flowers seem to die on me. ^^;; I can't give up, though.
Pandapop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Taxidea » Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:08 am

Username: Taxidea
Show Name: TT Check Your Syntax
Barn Name: Syn
Height: 14.1hh
Halter Color: Green with black 0s and 1s
Prompt: I'm currently trying to teach myself HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. It's hard but very rewarding; every time a new concept finally sinks in or I try to do something new, I realize how everything I've learned before is helping me to figure out the new piece. I love how much it's like math or music that it has predictable patterns, but you have to know what each component means to understand the whole. I'm hoping that I'll get to a point where I can design simple websites for friends/family or myself; and it would be super fun to contribute something to the adoptable community!
Taxidea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shroom. » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:27 pm

Username: shroom.
Show Name: NWS Cracks In The Walls
Barn Name: Wally
Height: 15.1hh
Halter Color: Seal brown w/ gold chain
Prompt:

For a couple months now, I've been really interested in rodents, no matter what kind. Guinea pigs, rats, hamsters, especially hamsters fascinate me. As a hamster parent myself, I really enjoy observing my domesticated bean's behavior and patterns.

There's just something so cool about how these little rodents are able to adapt to their surroundings and learn from their mistakes, it's really awesome. Fun fact: did you know that most domesticated rats are cleaner than some cats and dogs?
shroom. - she/her
if you love someone set them free
no seriously, this is the police
open up
shroom.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zentropy » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:04 am

Username: Zentropy
Show Name: ZG For Honor For Glory
Barn Name: Larper
Height: 14.3hh
Halter Color: eye color gradient <3
Prompt: I just got back from a week long medieval larping event! Everyone was able to set up tents and each day there were mock sword fighting (foam swords and shields) with campfires and hanging out afterwards. Some people have been playing for 15 years or more! I'm still quite green at it, but I was able to buy some items for my costume and I plan on joining a local group to play with and get more experience fighting. If anyone is interested in learning more, you can look up Dagorhir or Hearthlight, which are the two main game types.
Call me Zen! Image

ImageImageImage
Image-----

---------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage Image Image
Zentropy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catdoof » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:44 am

Username: Catdoof
Show Name: CDs Lights along the Oregon Trail
Barn Name: Oregon
Halter Color: aurora borealis gradient
Prompt: I am incredibly interested in hiking/backpacking and being outside in general. I've always loved hiking, I used to hike miles around my very large neighborhoods backwoods to the point I had the area memorized. I've since upgraded and I hike all over the place. My favorite place as of right now is Palo Duro Canyons since I have easy access to it (a wonderful spot! The second biggest canyon in the US). However, I want to travel north and hit trails up there as they are so pretty. I've recently taken up backpacking, and I am rather enjoying it. Waiting for the summer heat to go away so I can do more, but the little taste I had at the beginning of the year sold it for me.

Juniper - Guys, I am finally a Wildlife Biologist - Busy in the Fields - Art Shop - Dressup Showcase
Certified cowboah - Batman my beloved - I am so tired lmao - Character purge

Catdoof

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BluebonnetBree » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:52 pm

Pandapop wrote:Username: Pandapop
Halter Color: Matching eyes
Prompt:

I've recently, within the past couple of months, tried to get into growing and keeping succulents. I've been interested in them for a very long time and this year a few home and garden stores around here were carrying them! Various species and even tiny cacti in adorable little pots. I grabbed myself a few of the smaller single succulents with the intent to arrange them in a bowl of my own, but later on found out that... well, keeping them alive wasn't as easy as I anticipated. Turns out they're a lot more sensitive than quick Google searches (and employees of said stores) will lead you to believe.

I'm learning more and more as I try to revive them, even going so far as to purchase seeds online (mixed lithops, "moonstones", voodoo sedum and a few others!) to maybe grow some of my own from scratch, since... I don't think the ones I bought pre-grown adapted too well to the soil change (I even specifically bought the proper soil for them, which they did not have at the store). Some of these seeds are beginning to spout! I'm excited to see if any others start popping up within the next couple of weeks.

I've never been a green-thumb and try as I might, a lot of my plants and flowers seem to die on me. ^^;; I can't give up, though.

Congrats! Plants are so fascinating! Im also try to grow some different types to eventually put in my gecko enclosures so we're on this journey together lol
Hello! Please call me Bree <3
I'm always available to talk if you need to!
She/Her pronouns
I'm an artist for Range Trotters & Lone Bashkir Curlys please check them out!
ImageImage
Bluebonnet Creek Ranch
^My current stable page^
BluebonnetBree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pandapop » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:54 pm

BluebonnetBree wrote:
Congrats! Plants are so fascinating! Im also try to grow some different types to eventually put in my gecko enclosures so we're on this journey together lol

Ahh thank you! And good luck to you!
Pandapop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me