Drawing sessions 4
42 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Keldine | 585

Postby SurgeFire » Sat May 28, 2022 2:04 pm

uncommon

[nr] expression, accessories
[c] tail
[uc] hair, eye edit, one shaped scale

I really wanted to make an adventurer themed keldine since Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is on the brain...
Well... tell me about an adventure of theirs. Interpret that how you wish. Doesn't have to be abstract though. Did they get anything out of it? What was it for?
Ends June 1st, 6:00 PM Eastern.

Owned by Eevee55
Last edited by SurgeFire on Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
SurgeFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Keldine | 585

Postby Cosmic_Dragon » Sat May 28, 2022 2:10 pm

Mork 👀
Cosmic_Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scourgebane » Sat May 28, 2022 2:10 pm

Rip. Good luck to everyone else tho!
Last edited by Scourgebane on Tue May 31, 2022 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Imagexx
x
Scourgebane / [He/Him] / Tired

Howdy, y'all! My name's Theo! But you can also can call me Scourge.
Mostly interested in Closed Species and art.

English isn't my native language so I may make mistakes.
I apologize in advance if something I say sounds weird or rude, it isn't my intention.

Please, don't contact me for anything else.

| ʚɞ
Scourgebane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby recherché. » Sat May 28, 2022 2:23 pm

so gorgeous..

username & ID: recherché. || 750162
      name: wooper
      prompt: let us just say that wooper attempted to go on a rescue mission, but being a rookie and all, it didn't work out
      in his favor. halfway through, the poor fella lost his satchel which contained important items and even all of his money. then,
      he tripped over his own feet and fell on his face.

usually, someone would have given up by now but wooper was determined. he knows he should have waited for his team
      members until he set out, but he was too impatient to wait, and now look where it got him. he found himself lost in an
      unknown area and turned himself into a rescue mission.

yet, although the mission wasn't a success, and he got lost, he still felt an admirable sense of achievement at his attempt of being a "savior." and thankfully, his satchel was found and returned to him.

wip ??
recherché.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby King Andre » Sat May 28, 2022 7:32 pm

Mark
King Andre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hallowitch » Sun May 29, 2022 5:00 am

username & ID: Hallowitch 4067
name: Emperor
prompt:

[UH all done okay <3]
It wasn't until it was too late that I realized I was in over my head. The forest was inviting - beautiful even. A thin layer of snow covered the ground, sparkling blue in the dappled sunlight. It crunched pleasantly under my pale paws. Everything about that moment was calm.

And then the forest woke up.

Suddenly I felt as though the earth rocked. My vision blurred just on the edges. My fur and scales bristled for no reason that I could immediately determine. A breeze sprang out of nowhere and I could just make out the sound of a voice on the periphery of my hearing. I looked around, and my heart plummeted.

I wasn't in the same forest. The trees were huge, old and gnarled. There was snow, but it was hard as ice and colorless. A shadow fell over the whole area and I realized then why they say "Keep out of the Old Wood."

"What have I gotten myself into?" I whispered, ears on swivels. There were no normal foresty sounds, no babbling water or calling birds. No insects even. Just the whistle of wind caressing leafless, twisting branches. I wasn't sure if turning back would help me. I didn't exactly enter this part of the forest, I just sort of...wound up here. Turning back would be counterproductive at best and actively harmful at worst. I had some strange seed of knowledge that said I wouldn't be leaving until I had gotten what I'd come for. Which was really too bad because, as I thought more about it, I realized that...I didn't know why I was here.

What had I come for? Certainly there was a reason I had come to the one place (to the best of my knowledge) that I wasn't supposed to enter. Something niggled in the back of my mind, like an itch I couldn't scratch. I had to think. What was I doing before I came here? Where had I been?

Behind me, a twig snapped. I spun, heart hammering in my throat.

It was standing in the murky shadows of those ancient trees. I could make out a vague shape - larger than two keldines put together and hunched, as if its hulking form stood only on hind legs. Dread flooded me, turning my tongue to ash in my mouth. Everything on my body was tensed, instinctively, claws digging into the icy ground. Silences stretched the moments, punctuated only by the sound of my heart in my ears. It was deafening.

As if on cue, both I and the creature moved. I broke for a thicker stand of trees, desperate for shelter and moment to assess the situation clearly. My mind was still reeling from my earlier revelation. Conversely, the monster moved to intercept me. It moved into the lighter shadows, and I caught snatches of dark golden coloring. It sounded loud. Like, herd of elephants LOUD. Ice and branches crashed underfoot as it moved with shocking speed.

I was almost through a narrow gap between two trees when I felt something snag my hind right leg. It gripped hard, hard enough to make me yelp (though I contend the yelp was out of surprise more than pain), and began dragging me backwards and upwards. My claws lost purchase on the ground and I quickly found myself flailing. I tried pushing with my other leg, but the creature held fast.

When I got a look at its face, my stomach dropped out from under me. It seemed to be some type of ogre, but with a beak and a face full of dull golden feathers. It was making some low noises, mouth halfway open, and the stench of rotten teeth was nauseating. Beady black eyes blinked at me. I was certain I was going to be eaten.

Heart racing, I twisted in the creature's grip, scales bristled and teeth flashing. Its grip loosened just enough for me to wiggle myself free, but then I faced a new problem - I had a good ten foot drop to contend with. Rather than deal with that, I grabbed the creature's forearm as tightly as I could, claws digging in, and used the momentum to lift myself up. I'm sure I hurt it, because it bellowed and tried to toss me. I stepped toward the creature's bulk, intent on going over its shoulder and down its back.

As I did so, as quick as I could because I was outclassed in all ways except speed, that same niggling feeling came back in my mind. Almost automatically, as I was tumbling down the back of the creature, I snapped my jaws down on its feathers, intent on taking some with me. As a souvenir? What an odd thing to do.

I landed hard on the ground. My already sore leg screamed in pain. But adrenaline was pumping through me, full force. I had to keep going. As soon as I got my feet under me, I was sprinting into the forest, away from the creature, looking like I had just taken a huge bite of a feather boa. I had to get clear of that monster and get back to...whatever I was doing here.

The forest flew by, and I scrambled through the undergrowth as fast as I could. I'm sure I lost a couple smaller feathers on the way but I kept my mouth clamped shut, willing myself not to get too out of breath.

And then, just as fast as before, I had a moment of vertigo and I slammed on the brakes. I was standing at the edge of the forest. The edge I'd gone in on. The edge of my village. And there were others waiting for me, calling my name. A swell of triumph soared in my chest as I realized: I had done it! I didn't know it at the time, but those feathers were curative, they healed several of the village residents from a curious illness.

I'd gone in for them, and thankfully, the forest had made sure I'd gotten them and gotten out. My leg was sore for several days, but healed quickly. And all my friends and neighbors were healthy and happy. Still, if I had to go back, I'd write myself a note.

{sorry I got really carried away OTL}
hallowitch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eevee55 » Sun May 29, 2022 11:32 am

username & ID: Eevee55 & 1033286
name: Skylar
prompt:
Skylar had grown up hearing stories of adventurers bravely setting off into the vast, mostly unknown forest that took up a large section of the area to the north of the place where they lived. Though some returned with injuries, mostly relatively minor scratches and bruises, this never managed to scare Skylar away from wanting to someday visit the forest themself. They had been preparing for what felt like ages, learning from the others and proving their ability to take care of themself, but the day had finally come. Skylar was finally allowed to visit the forest they had been dreaming of exploring for so many years.

After quickly packing everything they would need, and allowing some of the older, more experienced Keldines to spend about a half hour offering lots of advice for their first adventure, Skylar entered the forest. They glanced around curiously, excitement shining in their eyes any time they saw something cool. The farther in they ventured, the more amazed they became. From birds and other small creatures they rarely if ever saw around their home, to trees that towered over them more than any they had ever seen before, Skylar felt truly grateful to be able to experience this. They had always enjoyed nature, but this was more than they had ever imagined, as most of the other adventurers chose to tell tales full of action and suspense rather than focusing on the small details like the song of an unfamiliar bird or a patch of brightly colored flowers that could not be found close to home.

Wanting to enjoy this time to the fullest, Skylar closed their eyes, focusing on the sounds of small animals rushing around, the scent of nature, the feeling of the grass beneath their paws. When their eyes opened again, they noticed a path they had not seen before, leading even deeper into the forest. Indeed, it was almost like the path had appeared out of nowhere.

For several seconds, Skylar internally debated whether or not to follow the path. Many older Keldines had advised them to stay on the paths and not go wandering off in case they got lost. But none of the other adventurers had ever mentioned paths suddenly appearing where there wasn't one before. Perhaps Skylar had only imagined it, and the path truly had been there the whole time? Or perhaps the other adventurers simply hadn't been paying attention and didn't realize that paths could appear?

Eventually, Skylar's desire to explore the forest won, and they headed down the path. At first the path seemed simple, but the farther along they went, the more twisty and confusing it got. They tried their best to memorize where they were going so they would be able to get back out when they were finished exploring, but it did not take long before things got too confusing for them to keep track of.

Skylar was lost. They felt nervousness rise within them when they realized this, and nearly turned back to try to get out before they were too far gone to be able to find a way out. And yet, curiosity kept driving them forward. Just a bit farther, they told themself, continuing on.

Finally, just as their anxiety was reaching its peak, Skylar stepped into a small clearing. An unfamiliar Keldine sat in the middle, apparently meditating. Without moving or even turning to face Skylar directly, the Keldine spoke.

"You are the first to have reached this place in a very long time, young Keldine. Most turn back far sooner."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you," Skylar explained, rather startled. They had never heard of any Keldines living in this forest. Though it sounded like none of the adventurers had ever found this spot before, so perhaps that made sense.

The Keldine simply smiled. "You must truly desire a deep connection with nature to have come so far in spite of the risk of getting lost. You are welcome here."

"Thank you," Skylar said, nodding in agreement with the Keldine's words. It was true they enjoyed spending time in nature, and this was one of the main reasons they had wanted to go on this adventure so much in the first place. At the Keldine's prompting, they began to meditate as well, focusing on their surroundings. After awhile, they realized they had been gone a long time. Not wanting to make the others worry, they explained that they needed to return home.

"Very well. You may return whenever you wish," the Keldine said.

Skylar said their goodbyes and set off, finding they instinctively knew which way to go after connecting with nature so much. Soon, they stepped out of the forest, finding a small group waiting eagerly to hear their tales. Skylar smiled as they began to speak about all the little things they had experienced- like seeing the plants and animals, and hearing the birds' songs. While they didn't have an epic tale like some of the other adventurers did, Skylar wouldn't have changed a thing about their adventure.

(Thank you for the opportunity!)
Eevee55

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Prince Audric » Tue May 31, 2022 11:08 am

Mark
Quote from Assassins Creed
Prince Audric

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SurgeFire » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:09 am

Eevee55 wrote:username & ID: Eevee55 & 1033286
name: Skylar
prompt:
Skylar had grown up hearing stories of adventurers bravely setting off into the vast, mostly unknown forest that took up a large section of the area to the north of the place where they lived. Though some returned with injuries, mostly relatively minor scratches and bruises, this never managed to scare Skylar away from wanting to someday visit the forest themself. They had been preparing for what felt like ages, learning from the others and proving their ability to take care of themself, but the day had finally come. Skylar was finally allowed to visit the forest they had been dreaming of exploring for so many years.

After quickly packing everything they would need, and allowing some of the older, more experienced Keldines to spend about a half hour offering lots of advice for their first adventure, Skylar entered the forest. They glanced around curiously, excitement shining in their eyes any time they saw something cool. The farther in they ventured, the more amazed they became. From birds and other small creatures they rarely if ever saw around their home, to trees that towered over them more than any they had ever seen before, Skylar felt truly grateful to be able to experience this. They had always enjoyed nature, but this was more than they had ever imagined, as most of the other adventurers chose to tell tales full of action and suspense rather than focusing on the small details like the song of an unfamiliar bird or a patch of brightly colored flowers that could not be found close to home.

Wanting to enjoy this time to the fullest, Skylar closed their eyes, focusing on the sounds of small animals rushing around, the scent of nature, the feeling of the grass beneath their paws. When their eyes opened again, they noticed a path they had not seen before, leading even deeper into the forest. Indeed, it was almost like the path had appeared out of nowhere.

For several seconds, Skylar internally debated whether or not to follow the path. Many older Keldines had advised them to stay on the paths and not go wandering off in case they got lost. But none of the other adventurers had ever mentioned paths suddenly appearing where there wasn't one before. Perhaps Skylar had only imagined it, and the path truly had been there the whole time? Or perhaps the other adventurers simply hadn't been paying attention and didn't realize that paths could appear?

Eventually, Skylar's desire to explore the forest won, and they headed down the path. At first the path seemed simple, but the farther along they went, the more twisty and confusing it got. They tried their best to memorize where they were going so they would be able to get back out when they were finished exploring, but it did not take long before things got too confusing for them to keep track of.

Skylar was lost. They felt nervousness rise within them when they realized this, and nearly turned back to try to get out before they were too far gone to be able to find a way out. And yet, curiosity kept driving them forward. Just a bit farther, they told themself, continuing on.

Finally, just as their anxiety was reaching its peak, Skylar stepped into a small clearing. An unfamiliar Keldine sat in the middle, apparently meditating. Without moving or even turning to face Skylar directly, the Keldine spoke.

"You are the first to have reached this place in a very long time, young Keldine. Most turn back far sooner."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you," Skylar explained, rather startled. They had never heard of any Keldines living in this forest. Though it sounded like none of the adventurers had ever found this spot before, so perhaps that made sense.

The Keldine simply smiled. "You must truly desire a deep connection with nature to have come so far in spite of the risk of getting lost. You are welcome here."

"Thank you," Skylar said, nodding in agreement with the Keldine's words. It was true they enjoyed spending time in nature, and this was one of the main reasons they had wanted to go on this adventure so much in the first place. At the Keldine's prompting, they began to meditate as well, focusing on their surroundings. After awhile, they realized they had been gone a long time. Not wanting to make the others worry, they explained that they needed to return home.

"Very well. You may return whenever you wish," the Keldine said.

Skylar said their goodbyes and set off, finding they instinctively knew which way to go after connecting with nature so much. Soon, they stepped out of the forest, finding a small group waiting eagerly to hear their tales. Skylar smiled as they began to speak about all the little things they had experienced- like seeing the plants and animals, and hearing the birds' songs. While they didn't have an epic tale like some of the other adventurers did, Skylar wouldn't have changed a thing about their adventure.

(Thank you for the opportunity!)

Congrats!
I actually really enjoyed the ending and how they found the keldine, and the connection with nature - really neat and interesting, and not something I expected!
SurgeFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me