Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Aviscattis - A closed species (Open beta) by Willow.cat

Artist Willow.cat [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 21 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Aviscattis - A closed species (Open beta)

Postby Willow.cat » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:30 pm

(These lines are retired. New lines are in the works!)

{Nursery - MYOS - Artist Search - Main Page}
A simple adopt. These pets can be used in signatures, roleplays, and just art.

To get avies, look for avies up for adoption on the main page! Avies up for adoption are always free!

"Aviscattis" (AEV-VIS-cat-iss), also known as Avies (AAH-vees) are a strange bird-cat hybrid discovered when a cat breeder accidentally left the cage of his pet finch open when he left to go on vacation. Aviscattis are usually domestic but are also found everywhere around the world in the wild. They can have the beaks of any existing bird and whatever that bird's climate is is where the Aviscattis lives. The most common beak types are parrot beaks, toucan beaks, woodpecker beaks and the Aviscattis's own unique beak. It is unknown why they commonly have these specific beaks. They have very short, feather-like fur and dont usually grow long fur unless they are living in colder climates. They are built like a cat but with shorter, skinnier tails, beaks, bird-like hind paws, and feathery front legs. The strange feathers at the end of their tails are actually one large unique feather and not multible, commonly harvested in large farms for feather dusters and pillow filling. Harvesting this feather does not harm the Aviscattis and it grows back in 2 weeks. Young Aviscattis can glide but when they get older they are bound to the ground. Young Aviscattis are called Chittens (CHIT-tens). Avies usually have the pelts of existing birds/cats. For example, a bengal pelt or a macaw pelt.
Last edited by Willow.cat on Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:33 am, edited 19 times in total.

Willow - any prns - unlabeled
digital artist & daydreamer

..............1 lion left!!
Willow.cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Traits

Postby Willow.cat » Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:37 pm

Traits:

NON-RARITY

Any type of living birds beak (ANY living bird, not including extinct birds like dodos)
Weight edits
Claws
Eyelashes
Blind (including half-blind and no eyes/missing an eye, missing eyes should not be gory)
Scars/wounds (Includes torn ears, wounds may not be bloody, only bright red/shiny)
Accessories (not including companions)
Taller/shorter avis (legs too short are considered munchkinism, legs too long are a banned trait)

COMMON

Pupil shape (only realistic shapes a real cat/bird would have, like round pupils)
Tail edits (includes missing the feather, and shorter/longer tails)
Ear tufts
Shorter fur (removing the tufts of fur on the tail and head)

UNCOMMON

Unnatural eye colors (Any color of eye a cat or bird wouldnt have)
Heterochromia
Duller ears (ears that are round at the tips instead of pointy)
Broken/chipped beaks (no beaks are not allowed)
Companion(s)

RARE

Curled ears
Folded ears
Short ears
Missing ears (extremely torn ears are not considered missing)
Long fur

LEGENDARY

Extinct bird beaks (Like dodos)
Munchkinism
Missing/broken limbs (Only one missing limb allowed, no broken limbs allowed if one limb is already missing. Up to 1 broken limb)
Any special CAT coat color or rare bird coat color (For cats, includes but not limited to Chimeraism, Albinism, Vitiligo, Psuedo merle, Blue-ginger, Karpati, Brindled bicolor, Finnish mutation, Moscow mutation, Somatic mutation)

EXCLUSIVE (Avies with these traits can only be created by me or people i give permission to. I may give these special avies out at random times.)

Normal cat muzzles
Multiple ears (Up to 6)
Multible tails (Up to 3)
Unnatural bird or cat pelt colors/patterns (Does not include eyes, includes nose and feet)
PPS Avies (Forever chittens, also a special line art because there is only adult and egg avies at the moment, may change in the future)

BANNED TRAITS (Not use-able)

No beaks (Doesnt include normal cat muzzles)
More than one missing limb
Missing head
Extremely long legs
Exposed bones
Exposed flesh (scars and wounds not included, missing limbs must be covered with fur)
Last edited by Willow.cat on Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:45 am, edited 5 times in total.

Willow.cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Postby Willow.cat » Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:25 pm

Follow the traits guide correctly.
Do not create E (Exclusive) avies without my permission.
If using a MYO, you cannot use rarities above the MYO. For example: If you have an uncommon MYO, no using rare traits.
If you are only a guest artist, no using traits above uncommon.

Willow.cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me