storkie #699 for bakuraas. by eltonn

Based on Click to view
Artist eltonn [gallery]
Time spent 18 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

storkie #699 for bakuraas.

Postby eltonn » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:59 am

Last edited by eltonn on Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
xxxxxImage
commissions open
working m-f 8:30 - 5pm est
call me pap - she/they - adult

i have chronic migraines and pcos. i often dont have energy.
i am rarely on site these days. i check my messages maybe once
every year. i doubt ill return more than that. have a lovely day!
eltonn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: storkie #699 for bakuraas.

Postby bakuraas. » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:36 pm

"the most important smile they've ever seen." (509 words)
    -
    It had been a dark night, cold and unforgiving in the wind that blew through the trees and across the grass. The young kit had been alone, and always had been alone for as long as they could walk. It was a strange thing, to live on your own when you barely could even open your eyes. He still couldn't open them in the sunlight, too bright, too powerful, it hurt to look at the world covered by sunlight. It was why he took to the night, and why it was so very nice to walk around in the horrid cold winds and the soft spots of moonlight.

He hadn't known what a smile was, he hadn't known what another cat had even looked like. Somehow he had made it so that he wandered in places where no other storkatten found themselves. He would find food, scraps of hunts from some other creature, he didn't have the knowledge to find out what kind of creature- but it wasn't like it mattered. What mattered was that he was fed, that he wasn't going hungry all on his lonesome despite the fact that he could not hunt for himself. Eventually, he'd find someone who would take him in, but that wouldn't happen for quite a bit. He would hide himself away during the day, when most were out and about, so unless he found another cat with both a kind heart and a nocturnal sleeping schedule, he'd be wandering on his own and learning from experience instead of another cat. It wasn't how it should be, but it was... well, what it was.

When you have nobody, your company becomes yourself, and the most important creature in the world is yourself. And therefor, it's very easy to know that the most important smile that this kitten has ever seen was... his own. Sure, he didn't know he was smiling, and he didn't know why the sides of his mouth perked up to show a grin upon his face. He was happy, due to the wind and the soft light and the water that he was looking down into.

He enjoyed looking at himself in the water, he enjoyed seeing his face. It reminded him that he was real, that he wasn't just some confused wandering entity with no body or presence. He had eyes to look at himself, though their color was indescribable- or perhaps it was just that he couldn't see the color in the dark. He had ears that flicked whenever a heavy gust of wind blew past him. He had fur that kept him warm despite the cold air. He had a nose, one that was sensitive to smells to the point where the kitten would grouch at times. And of course, he had a mouth, one that perked up when he was happy, one that fell when he was sad, and one that he could speak with given the chance. He smiled at himself in the water's reflection, and that smile he wore only made him happier.
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups