[s] hair, shine
      [c] fur, tail
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

x
    x
    x
    x
event hub || adopt hub

This kal was actually supposed to be based on sun dogs, but their palette ended up a
bit dark haha

To qualify for them, please tell me what their favorite natural phenomena is and why in
300 words or less! No extras for this one, but please feel free to pretty up your forms c:

ends april 16th @ 11:59pm MST

Code: Select all
[b]username + number:[/b]
[b]name:[/b]
[b]prompt:[/b] (300 word max)
Grey_Hoodie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Winter Kalon | Northern Star

Postby cecro » Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:51 am

username + number: kroger + 1018618
    name: Methuselah
    prompt:
    -- mark

hello!
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
they/he pronouns
autistic
toyhouse: cecro
discord: wormies3486
past user: kroger

cecro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sobble » Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:58 am

username + number: Sobble | 918599
name: Paladin
prompt:
Paladin ran his hands along the beachgrass, savoring the cool night air and the sticky resistance of the grass blades across his paw pads. The salted breese drifted in from the horizon, mussing up Paladin’s carelessly styled fur. It was fine, he mused, perhaps the tousled look suited him. It was slow, but Paladin was learning to love the curious little planet he had crash landed into. There were many creatures here that looked much like he did, though admittedly he had to conceal some of his more ‘alien’ features to fit in. Paladin particularly disliked hiding his extra arms, it made doing anything a much longer process.

Maybe they could let loose on the beach… so long as there were no other onlookers. Maybe with the extra muscle Paladin would be able to swim back out to his ship’s ruins. They were haphazardly stashed – er – more so wrecked, in a mangrove canopy in the distance.

As he rounded the corner, however, Paladin was met with an unfamiliar sight. Where the sand ended, and the ocean began, the space between twinkled playfully. It was ever shifting, mesmerizing Paladin as it clouded and swirled with the ebb and flow of the tides. Every now and then one of the little creatures would pop up again, adding an extra layer to the ocean’s playful painting unfolding before him. Paladin smiled, entranced by the way each little light carried out its own dance, and yet so dutifully contributed to the whole scene he had stumbled upon. They reminded him of stars, and it drew tears to his eyes. Maybe he’d stay on this planet awhile, amongst these curious little bioluminescent creatures, playing in the sky’s likeness. Perhaps there was more to learn about this little planet, and new phenomena to behold.
[298/300]
Last edited by sobble on Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    They/them | Adult | PA student
    Prone to experiencing mental illness, please be nice.
    I love pokemon, coffee, and my late kitty Cleo.
    PMs OK for reminders or commissions/discord tag
    Art credits linked to images!
    Kals
sobble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Winter Kalon | Northern Star

Postby Kyar » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:13 am

username + number: kyar 320861
        name: lunaris
        prompt:
          || hoarfrost - a deposit of ice crystals on objects exposed to the free air, such as grass blades, tree branches, or leaves ||

when he woke, silence rebounded against empty cabin walls. heavy wool pressed his body down, securing the last moments of warmth against bare hands and feet. his eyes closed, he took it in slowly. frosty air, the faint woodsmoke of a smoldering fire. texture, sensation, the rough-hewn blankets and an acute stiffness in his lower back. and so much quiet.

finally, a dull pulse pushed him to full awakening, and he shimmied out from under the thick blankets and right into a pair of handmade slippers, a fur-lined bathrobe. but before he could saunter off to the kitchen, toss a few logs inside and a kettle atop the woodstove, his eyes were met with a flash of dazzling white.

beyond the windowpane, the world around had been dipped overnight in a jacket of glistening ice. each sprig and branch framed by sunlight against the frigid sunrise. he stood, frozen to the spot, but not by the cold. a gasp of reverence caught in his throat--despite his isolation, he forced it back down--at the sheer wonder of it all. every detail of every feature of the landscape, etched in the stillness. it was beautiful, more beautiful than he could ever explain.

the silence, here, he might often regret. a past of mixed choices, hasty decisions, of which he was not proud. alone in the mountains, alone with his thoughts, these memories bit harder than frost. he longed to take it back, return from banishment, see the faces of those he loved.

but for a precious instant, the whole world stopped turning, and he was lost, not alone, but one with the beauty of all the world, locked in ice.

|| 299 ||
Have a good day y'all.
Please contact me here or on TH - I will no longer be using Discord!
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby elf_of_the_hollow » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:16 am

username + number: elf_of_the_hollow / 352032 |||| name: adri

──────────────── prompt: [ 244 ] ────────────────

the inky black of night was a luxury, adri had come to find. it was
        not afforded to everyone the way it had been to her. light crept
        into every corner in cities and towns, obscuring the brilliant
        tapestry that was the night sky. the stars were only for her.

the moon was shared with everyone. it's brilliance could not be
        concealed, not by a thousand lights, not by the thickest fog. it
        shone no matter the place and time, no regard for night or day. the
        moon, adri knew, did as it pleased - but she had long since won it's
        favor.

it stood in the sky, high and full, and it sent her a message. she
        knew she was the only one to receive it. no others would behold it,
        nor would they dare to try. this message was for adri and adri
        alone. a vivid bow of light, arcing throughout the sky, near ghostly
        white with only the faintest trace of color. it appeared as a halo
        over the earth, over adri, as if to crown her in light.

adri could not help but stare. it was as magnificent a vision as the
        moon itself. it spoke to her it's great importance, and as it came to
        fade, she felt as though she had spoken to the gods themselves.
        perhaps she had. it could not be said for sure the origin of the
        message. yet she knew that the moon favored her.

────────────────────────────────────────────
Last edited by elf_of_the_hollow on Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
elf_of_the_hollow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby parker; » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:45 am

██████████
    ██████████
    █████
    ███
    ██████████

username + number: parker; - 692500

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
      name: nimbus
      prompt:somehow it is during storms when the world dies down. animals run and hide in their homes, awaiting clear skies once more. clouds bleed across the sky, blocking out the light of the stars and replacing it with their own light show. electric charges wait with bated breath before dancing through the clouds. their accompaniment leaves them in thunderous applause.

in theory, the display of lightning should be what remains in the mind's eye. the arc of light, the power it wields as it falls to the ground. nimbus's eyes instead lift up into the clouds, fixated on the mirror hidden within the clouds. lightning strikes the ground and the ghost of what it was echoes into the night sky. red lights flicker in their eyes, leaving ghosts in green as they briefly fade from their vision. this is what defines beauty. not the startling display of brilliant light, but the faint memory taken from the mind and reflected in reality. painted across the canvas of clouds shrouding them in darkness so the sprites could shine with their eerie red glow. cold, but welcoming.

time stands still when they appear, refracting in the rain as it splashes across nimbus's eyes. despite the fact that the moment is over, that it lasted less than a second, the memory remains intact. it will haunt their mind, trailing like the red ghosts in the sky. [232]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Last edited by parker; on Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:35 am, edited 7 times in total.
parker;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby khvoxtic » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:47 am

marking~!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
[Emersyn ⯁]
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
they/them | adult
kals xdm me

███████████████████
Feel free to DM me here or on discord if you
need to get in contact with me for anything!

[@khvoxtic on Dis] always open for a chat!
khvoxtic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vanrouge » Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:21 am

username + number: Vanrouge + 429963
name: Erys
prompt: Marking with volcanic lightning!
LEFT SIDE, RIGHT SIDE━━━━
━━━━━━━━ 歯を突き出して パッパッパッ
━━━━━ [ HAHA,YOU ARE KING ] ━━━━━
I love my gay sons
Make out with the dragon
● ● ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬ ● ●
I found him in the woods, he's mine now.
KING My Kalons Link

Vanrouge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strawberryy » Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:32 am

"Bioluminescence is the production and emission of light by a living organism."

username + number: strawberryy - 958628
    name: caspian
    prompt:

caspian was used to the sound of dried snow crunching beneath him, leaving a trail of his footsteps in his wake. born in a northern village, snowy days were the normality. it was his home, and the sound of the snow was his symphony; he knew nothing else.

however, caspian decided he would no longer belong to the small community- he needed to experience more, even if it pained him to leave behind his loved ones that he held so dear. he needed to continue forward.

days turned into months, finally managing to escape the frigid lands, where everything eventually melted into the gentle melody of sand, accompanied by waves crashing against the shore.

he had never seen the sky so abundantly clear; the sun so vivid and bright. the sight was mesmerizing. his eyes stung, and he was forced to look away, turn his head downwards as he continued forward, despite his will to bask in its glory, face first.

believing he had seen all that the sea and its accompanying sand could offer, caspian left, sand sticking as though beckoning him to stay.

however, despite his journey towards something new, the young kalon found himself yet again at a beach, nearly identical to the one he had previously met. once again, shells glistened in the sunset, and the ocean bellowed as it crashed. this time, he decided he would wait; his exhaustion had gotten the better of him, and rest would do him well.

the stunning set sun, and as the moon rose and darkness swallowed the sky, he spotted something; bright blue began to coat the shoreline.

it was as though the ocean had borrowed the stars, and now they danced brilliantly in its waves.
Last edited by strawberryy on Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
strawberryy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cinnamon Heart » Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:34 am

——————— username + number: Cinnamon Heart + 814593 .¦¦. name: Equinox ———————

prompt:

Beep beeep beeee - Equinox's eyes shot open, and he ran his hand across the alarm clock, fumbling to turn it off and stop the assault on his ears.
After laying in the darkness for a few seconds, he threw his duvet to the side and tumbled out of bed, before grabbing onto the black curtains covering his window. As Equinox parted them, dazzling sunlight greeted his eyes. This was it, spring had finally come to an end - it was time for the midnight sun.

Being neither an inhabitant of the north or south poles, Equinox still lived close enough to the north to experience full-time sun for two months. And it was the highlight of his year - something about basking in the sunlight just made him so happy and relaxed, he loved being able to do it all day long. If only the clouds agreed, if they could just stay away, then he would be able to enjoy the sun to its fullest.
Either way, every single time was as exciting as the first, and he smiled like a joyful kit at the realization that the midnight sun had risen yet again.

He was such a proud morning owl, usually up before the sun and sound asleep before it was down, but for two short, short months, he would enjoy being the last one to wake up.

However, he couldn't spend all day reflecting on the situation - so he stepped away from the drawn blinds and into the gloom of his walk-in closet, to get ready for a sunny day of work.

[262 words]

Last edited by Cinnamon Heart on Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage
she/her or they/them
bi ¦ BLM
Cinnamon Heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me