Second Magic Type; [ Locked ]
MP Allotted to Second Magic:
Third Magic Type; Locked]
MP Allotted to Third Magic:
MP Tally & Prompt Tracker wrote: MP Total: 30
beginnings
camp
2045 words of angst
Last edited by eltonn on Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
xxxxxImage
commissions open
working m-f 8:30 - 5pm est
call me pap - she/they - adult

i have chronic migraines and pcos. i often dont have energy.
i am rarely on site these days. i check my messages maybe once
every year. i doubt ill return more than that. have a lovely day!
eltonn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

* -- beginnings

Postby eltonn » Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:19 pm

570 words "beginnings" / 10 MP

The early morning is quiet as a pile of leaves stirs, revealing the dirty creature curled up underneath them. The storkie yawns slowly, allowing his spine to curl in a comfortable stretch - or as comfortable as a stretch could be following the poor excuse for a night's rest he had just had. He felt as if every one of his bones had been poking through his pelt the whole night, leaving bruises on his soul more than his skin. The leaves did help keep the chill away, at least... so he didn't freeze despite his discomfort. The storkie sighed, then lifted his paw and began to wash, attempting to rid himself of the leaf mold best he could.

Morning meant that the world would begin waking up with him, and that also meant that he needed to continue on his path. Staying still for too long in this unforgiving wildland would spell ... well, his fanciful imagination liked to say it was death, but it wasn't as dangerous as he believed it to be. Despite Azuki's certainty that he had to continue on or something would hunt him down, it wasn't the case. More likely than not, he would have been able to settle down at this location and live happily for the rest of his days. But something in the little male's heart pushed him onwards - this was not the home that he desired.

Leaf mold removed, Azuki stood up and lifted his tail to greet the sun in the sky. He glanced down to check the location of his shadow - yes, it was in the right place - and began to trot forward. He didn't know what was telling him to keep going, but...it was as if the very soil was telling him to continue on. It would takes weeks of reflection for him to find the answer to this question, but he is not there yet. First, he had to find a home. The perfect home, where he and any other storkie who believed in his cause could be content and secure for the rest of their lives. Rebirth was the core of his thesis, giving rise to the need to create a place where past did not matter and you could rewrite yourself from a blank slate. He wanted that for himself, and he wanted to provide that for others. The tall pines he had traveled through to get here were not that home, nor were the oaks or maples or aspens that he had passed. Azuki wasn't sure what would be that place, but he would feel it when he found it. He knew he would For now, he just had to keep looking.

Half-dried oak leaves and split twigs crackled beneath his paws as he strolled through the woods. Although he wasn't intending to stay, nothing said that he had to hurry. The hum of the universe only told him to keep moving, not to move quickly. The things that could harm him weren't quick on their feet - they went after stagnation, not after appreciation of nature's beauty.

Azuki couldn't help but perk his ears as the sun reached the perfect angle to stream a soft glow between the oak leaves above him. With the gentle warmth came a slowly rising surge of hope. He would find his settling place. And it would be beautiful. These gentle rays, this beauty...this was his new beginning.
xxxxxImage
commissions open
working m-f 8:30 - 5pm est
call me pap - she/they - adult

i have chronic migraines and pcos. i often dont have energy.
i am rarely on site these days. i check my messages maybe once
every year. i doubt ill return more than that. have a lovely day!
eltonn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me